Flawless Silence

Від ErraticChand-p

When Annika, a science graduate, agrees to an arranged marriage chosen by her parents, she finds herself wedd... Більше

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 07

736 95 23
Від ErraticChand-p

Many weeks later,

The Moot Court committee is the path that steers a lawyer to have speaking and legal skills. I happen to be enthusiastic and eager to get into the same, as one of my seniors familiarized the fresh batch regarding it. Knowing that being a part of a moot court committee, I desire to learn to make memorials and present the arguments to the judge as oral submissions. It would also be beneficial in overall development with exceptional argumentation skills. I believe as time pass, I would appreciate the importance of arguments in a legal sense. If chosen, I would be getting a platform to convey the research work in a contoured procedure. Cite cases along with linking to the doctrines of law. With this, the capability to analyse the fact and identify the cases would improve. And lastly, my presence would also reinforce my confidence and increases my proficiency to answer the problems raised by the judges.

Annika sighed and levelled down her pen. Today, was the last date for giving the purpose of the statement and had screenings for the selection. It was her newest experience and she was scared. Her previous degree was only based on assignments, thesis or practicals but the law course was something she enjoyed to the fullest extent.

Regular classes had made her a little confidence in what she was into. Her studies were quite impressive however her personal life was a downing tangle.

Her mother-in-law suddenly found malevolence with her, though she didn't show it certainly, she knew. Pinky stayed back in hopes of getting her son on the right track, which she believed was slightly successful.

There were many reasons for Pinky to be disheartened by her daughter-in-law. One among them was that she was attending college and not looking after household matters. Always during the wedding talks it was told that Annika was working and would support her son in running the house. Forthwith she felt cheated, not because she was studying but because now her son should pay her college expenses for the next arriving years. From the very beginning, she was against this marriage, naming Annika as the woman who crossed the lines of a well-mannered lady. However, the incident that happened weeks ago fueled her anger and frustration. Taking things on her hands, she decided to stay back, while leaving her mentally unstable elder son in hands of her husband to make sure the marriage least works out.

Annika shut her eyes and squeezed, trying to relax and enjoy the early morning hours. Double tapping on the mobile screen, to have a look at the time, she stood up and drew the curtains open. Listening to the light snores, she turned her heels to glance at the sleeping form. That was Shivaay.

Not disturbing his sleep she walked out to prepare for the day.

__🖤__

"Beta did you use garlic and Onions?" Pinky asked whilst picking up the casserole dish and setting it up on the floor --in the middle of the flat. "I don't appreciate using them on a day-to-day life basis. Our family don't eat them, they are like rakshas to our prays to God."

Annika slightly nodded. "Ji aunty Ji."

Shivaay who heard this unusual and meaningless conversation rolled his eyes and stepped towards them. Disappointed with his mother's behaviour, he adjusted his pants and sat on the floor with legs crossing each other.

"Today is Amavasya. I would be expecting you to come home early and clean the pooja room. Later at muhuraat, I will do the aarthi." Pinky mandated, serving her son a scoop of poha.

[Trans- Mew mood day.]

[Trans- Auspicious time.]

[Trans- In Hinduism, aarti is a ceremony in which lights are lit and offered up to gods.]

Annika nodded and perched down next to Shivaay, asking him if he needs anything else.

Shivaay gritted his jaws together, dropped the morsel onto his plate and glared at Annika. Staring for a good few seconds making her uncomfortable, he looked away and told his mother. "Maa she has a screening today, so she won't be coming anytime soon as possible."

"I understand Shivaay." Pinky forcefully smiled as she continued to look at Annika. "Beta you should have directly said that. Why gesture to your husband? See now he will think I am horrible saas from soap operas." Pinky chuckled lowly however she was internally displeased and hurt by her son's words.

[Trans- Mother-in-law.]

"It's not like that aunty Ji. It's mistaken for,"

"It's okay beta." The older woman gave a tight-lipped smile and continued to sulk.

"Ms Tripathi," Shivaay called as he shuffled into the kitchen to wash the dish. Annika stopped her daydreaming and looked up from the kitchen countertop to face him. "I will not hesitate to slap you hard,"

Annika gasped and breathed fire.

"I will not hesitate to slap you hard if you don't use your mouth and tongue to speak. I believe that your mouth was essentially functioning very well when you blamed me, so utilize the same tongue and answer my mother. Tell her that you have a screening today."

Annika nodded with a small smile lingering on her lips.

"I need words."

"Yes Sir."

"Huh." Shivaay raised his brow with her regard. "I don't appreciate too much respect. I'm not habituated."

Annika nodded and mouthed a thank you. For being a pillar in these months. "And listen-" She stopped her heels when she hear him interrupt her action.

"Jaldi se basement pe milo." Shivaay began. "I will drop you at college and then take off to meet Miss Vandana Purohit."

[Trans- meet me at the basement.)

"Who is that?"

"None of your business."

Annika twisted her mouth and stomped her foot against the ground in bitterness. She was his wife and as a wife, she owed to knowing the whereabouts of her husband.

__🖤__

As her husband dropped her near the college gate, Annika got down from his TVS raider 125 bike. She stretched her forelimb, passing the pillion driver's helmet to him.

"Can't you keep it?" He asked. "I have work in the office and can't carry it without worrying about it being lost."

Annika somehow agreed to it and fiddled with her fingers, hesitantly making a move. To initiate the talk and apologise for the words that pricked his heart. "I wanted to apologize for my extremely low behaviour, over the past two months."

"I'm busy. I will talk later about this." Shivaay dismissed the matter and kicked started his engine.

"At least can we have this talk at any cafe? That is near to the college. It would be better with privacy and all."

Shivaay turned off his bike engine and looked at her keenly. His constant glaze made Annika shiver with fear and uncertainty. Her heart stopped for a fraction of a second she heard him. "I see! Even before the wedding you wanted to move out from my parents seeking privacy. Do you want to unconnected my family? And listen if you have any intentions like that, I'm only the sole earner of my family after my father. They have raised me with lots of hope and prayer that I would bring them out from the crowd since I'm only a healthy son. I don't want you to interfere with me or my preference to sponsor my brother."

Annika didn't insinuate anything he thought. All she wanted was to clear up the raita she had spread. Her life was a mess. Her father, after consuming poison, had lost his voice since the venomous liquid harmed his throat. Her mother hated her daughter was the reason behind his acts. Her brother did support her at times however it wasn't enough to sustain opposition.

With a vague mind, thoughts swimming around her mind, she walked into the premise of the college.

"I promise papa. I will forget Atharv and I will give a chance to Shivaay Sir. I promise. Please talk to me. Please-"

"Damad Ji." Her mother clutched Shivaay's palms in her as she wept. "I'm embarrassed to apprehend that my daughter asked for a divorce for a silly reason. Please try to mend ways with her, I will talk to her. Being the only daughter she has been pampered a lot I vouch that this wouldn't repeat. If you still aren't able to adjust to each other you can try for separation. I, not my husband would stop. We will allow happening whatever is written in Annika's fate. Just give her a chance. I think your palms as your feet and beg you. Please."

"Aunty please don't cry. Jo kuchh hua so hua, we will try."

[Trans- Whatever happened has happened,]

"Hi, Annika!" Dia her classmate chased down her pace and greeted her. Waving back to her Annika casually talked about each other's clothes and then followed by the classes and assignments for the semester exams.

"I wish Shivaay Sir was here. The class is too boring without him."

Annika rolled her eyes and retorted, "remember we aren't teenagers to crush on our teacher. So stop it. It is annoying at times."

"Oh come on! I know we aren't teenagers that's why I proposed to him twice." Dia told shyly with a smile stretching her lips. Her cheeks grew hotter with a tinting shade of red. "I wish I had made this courage sooner than possible. Alas! He rejected once stating he was a professor and I student and the second time he was already married."

Listening to her, Annika's breath got stuck. Unfortunately, she overlooked the poster that stated the floor was being swept and slipping on the water pooled she tripped down the stairs. Dia who saw her tumble down, immediately let her books fall and rushed to support her classmate. By the time, Dia pulled her up, Annika was in tears and was tightly clutching to her right forearm.

By now the students and faculty members had assembled and started caring for the poor soul to sit. They also picked up her stretched-out gatherings- her phone was destroyed with lots of cracks. Her helmet was surviving a few scratches. If not for the helmet she would have hit the iron pillar near the stars.

"It's hurting a lot." She whimpered as Dia opened her water bottle and made her put up with a sip.

Abhay who was loitering in the office chamber for his everyday retina scan, came running after seeing the commotion.

Her class teacher came forward and asked her. "Let's take her to the o hospital. Probably it's a fracture or some normal swelling. Annika, can you walk?"

"Yes." Annika winced touching her forehead with her fingertips. "Probably I need a few stitches too." She mumbled.

"I will pull out my car." Abhay immediately gave his legs instructions to run and start the car. "I will on the way call her husband."

__🖤__

All the while in the hospital and on the way, Dia was busy with thoughts running about Annika and her presumed husband whom Abhay Sir knew. Abhay Sir, their class teacher had accompanied Annika; Professors wanted to hand over the responsibility to her guardian and Dia, though not great friends with her, stayed wanting to not her moral principles. Certainly going by the fact and circumstances, she nor her other classmates knew about her marital status. Then how come, Abhay knew? She wondered.

As the doctor gave an anaesthetic injection to stitch her little opened forehead, she sat beside Annika and mumbled sweet things to distract her attention from the needle.

The next few minutes were painful for Dia, not because of the damage but seeing Annika wince now and then as Doctor did her work.

"I will look after her Sir, you can leave and take classes." Dia unhurriedly spoke with a small and timid tone. Abhay Sir also nodded with her, agreeing with what she told.

"It's okay. I will wait until someone from her family comes to pick her up. The injury comes off as serious with a right arm fracture and stitches on the forehead." The class teacher confessed.

A while after that conversation, Shivaay showed up unannounced making Dia think inferior about her looks. She smiled sweetly, as she looked hopefully at him.

"What the hell is this? Can't you walk properly? Blind is it?"

Tada! Enjoy the new chapter.
Also, I want to point out that Pinky's behaviour is quite natural and usual in a middle-class lifestyle. I have seen many mothers-in-law like that. (Not that I'm a daughter-in-law) lol.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

103K 8.4K 28
A Shivika SS that deals with the the story of Shivaay and Annika right after the Forced Marriage.... This is a story where Annika finds her identity...
22.7K 2.3K 44
Annika Vardhan Trivedi and Shivaay Singh Oberoi find themselves engaged in a marriage of convenience orchestrated by their families at a very tender...
133K 12.8K 34
Finally, their 5 years of marriage came to an end. He wanted to stop her from leaving him but his ego didn't let him do that also some part of him be...
59.2K 6.1K 53
#arrangemarriage Anika is a simple girl in Delhi. Working in tech company. Love her family the most .Shivaay CEO of Oberoi industry eligible bachel...