Tʜᴇ Mᴀғɪᴀ Aɴᴅ Hᴇʀ Bᴏᴅʏɢᴜᴀʀᴅ (...

By Angie_Reader

The daughter of the Mafia, Kai, is assaulted by an enemy. In that process, she meets Paris - A young woman wh... More

Synopsis (Updated!)
Prologue - The Encounter
Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10💋
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16🔞
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21💋
Chapter 22
Chapter 23💋
Chapter 24
Chapter 25⚠️
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30🔞
Chapter 31
Chapter 32💋
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36🔞
Chapter 37
Chapter 38💋
Chapter 39
Chapter 40💋
Chapter 41
Chapter 42⚠️
Chapter 43⚠️
Chapter 44⚠️
Chapter 45⚠️
Chapter 46⚠️
Chapter 47⚠️
Chapter 48⚠️
Chapter 49💋
Chapter 50
Chapter 51⚠️
Chapter 52
Chapter 53🔞
Chapter 54
Chapter 55🔞
Chapter 56💋
Chapter 57
Chapter 58⚠️💋
Chapter 60
Chapter 61💋
Chapter 62🔞
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65⚠️
Chapter 66⚠️
Chapter 67⚠️💋
Chapter 68⚠️
Chapter 69⚠️
Chapter 70 - The Finale
Epilogue - Special Ending
Special Announcements
New Book: Saving the Daughter of the Mafia (Book 2)

Chapter 59

813 34 0
By Angie_Reader

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

"AAAAGHHH!"

The ear piercing scream resonated inside of the large bedroom with an echo, waking up Kai from her deep slumber in an instant. She jolted from bed in shock, turning her head to the side to find Paris awake, sitting up beside her, staring blankly into the darkness.

"What happened? Why are you screaming?" Kai asked with an expression full of concern.

"Pearl...Pearl is..." Paris muttered as she covered her ears with her palms. Cold sweat rolled down from her temples. She sounded like she was frightened by something, and her breathing was fast.

Kai squinted her drowsy eyes, not understanding the indistinct words that were coming out from Paris' mouth. "Huh? What?"

There was a brief moment of silence before Paris spoke up again. This time, her words were clearer. "I had a nightmare." She realized that she was back to reality and that everything she saw earlier was all just a dream.

Kai let out a deep sigh. She was relieved to hear that it was a nightmare and not something else worse than that. She thought for a second that they were being attacked by some mobsters or something. Good thing that it wasn't the case.

Paris slowly turned her head to face Kai, who was sitting next to her, and proceeded to explain what she saw in the dream, "We were burying Pearl's corpse in the cemetery. Her body was all bruised and filled with bloody wounds that seemed to have been made with a knife. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Pearl was gone. She didn't breathe nor respond to our cries. We were later informed that she was captured by the minor family and that she was tortured to death by Venus." Her breathing shuddered as goosebumps ran all over her body. "It was so scary. Everything felt so real. When I woke up, I couldn't recognize my surroundings. Only when I heard your voice was when I was able to come back to my sense."

Kai creased her brows at this. That was indeed an awful dream. She lifted a hand to rest it on Paris' shoulder and uttered in a comforting tone, "It was just a nightmare, don't think too much about it. Pearl is safe. She went back home with her grandparents, remember?"

"I know but...It has been a month since she has been gone, and she hasn't returned yet. She hasn't contacted us at all either. Do you really think she went back home?" Paris wiped the sweat away from her face with the blanket. She was feeling anxious. What if Pearl was really in danger and they didn't know about it? This dream was so sudden, and it could mean something, or perhaps be a sign.

Kai thought about this for a moment and had to agree that there was something off about it. Usually, when Pearl goes to visit her grandparents, she will keep them updated during the entire break that she is gone. But for some reason, she hasn't done that at all this time. "Hmm, you do have a point on that. I'll call her grandmother in the morning just to make sure that she is doing alright."

Paris nodded in response to that. Yet, she still couldn't help but to overthink. "What if the dream is true, though? What if she was kidnapped by Venus?"

"That couldn't have happened. We have sent bodyguards to inspect the minor family's house already, and there was nothing suspicious found. Venus had fled away like a coward just to avoid getting punished, so there is no way that she was able to capture Pearl and take her away. Unless there is a piece of information missing that we don't know of, I don't think that would be possible." Kai stroked her own chin as she pondered more about the subject.

"Well, still call her grandmother in the morning just to be completely certain that she is still home." Paris said, receiving a nod from Kai in return.

"Don't worry, I'll do that first thing in the morning. Let's go back to sleep now. It's passed midnight." Kai answered while taking a glimpse at the time on her phone. It was already one-forty-six.

She placed the cellphone back on the nightstand beside the bed before laying back down, covering herself with the blanket. Paris did the same and closed her eyes in an attempt to fall asleep but with no avail. She tossed and turned on the bed for 'God knows for how long', but she still failed to drowse.

Finally, not knowing what else to do, Paris grabbed her own cellphone from the nightstand on her side of the bed and unplugged it since it was fully charged. She went under the blanket and turned on the screen. The light shot her eyes abruptly, causing her to squint them painfully until she had no other choice but to adapt to the brightness.

There were a few notifications from some apps that popped on the screen along with three other unread messages from an unknown number that she didn't have in her contacts. Hmm, strange. Why would an unknown number text her at midnight? The three messages were sent like an hour ago.

Paris tap on the messages to read them carefully. When she finished, she was stunned. This person that just texted her...was her uncle! The man she blocked months ago after he defraud her!

What in the actual fuck!

Paris felt her throat burning as rage started to consume her. It has been so long since she has spoken to her uncle. Their last conversation wasn't pleasant at all, and he had the damn guts to contact her again with a new phone number to tell her this now? Bullshit!

╔═══════════════╗
Hello Paris. This is your uncle.
The one you blocked months ago.
This is my new phone number, if you
want, you can save it in your contacts,
or you can just block it again after you
read what I have to tell you. I know our
last conversation didn't end in the best
way, but as your uncle, I still worry for
you and your brother. I hope you two
are doing alright. I just want to give
you a warning regarding to what I saw
the other day. I went out to the gas
station that is next to a Japanese
restaurant and I unexpectedly spotted
you and the Main family. Don't ask me
details of how I know them because
is a long story, but I hope you know that
you shouldn't be involving yourself with
the mafia. I don't know what you have
been doing for the past few months, but
you seemed to be close to them. What
you're doing is a terrible mistake!
╚═══════════════╝

╔═══════════════╗
Let me tell you, the real reason why
your parents are dead right now is all
because of that family. They are the ones
responsible of their death! And I have
proof to show you that I'm right. Don't
trust them Paris. They will tell you a lie
after another. Especially that old man.
The leader of the main family is the
worst of all. He is the one behind
everything. He is the one who shot
your parents with his own hands. It was
lie that they died in a car accident.
I just told you that when you were little
because they threatened me not to
reveal the truth to nobody or else they
would murder me too. Paris, I don't know
where you are right now, but please
be careful. I'll send you a picture
to proof to you that I'm not lying. The
leader of the Main family was close to
your mother. Take a look for yourself:
╚═══════════════╝

╔═══════════════╗

[Image]                           

If you want to know more information
about this, then give me ten thousands
and I will reveal the entire truth to you.
Don't waste this opportunity. I'll be
waiting for your reply. Good night.
╚═══════════════╝

In the picture, there are five people standing close together, with bright smiles on their faces staring towards the camera. The background showed the living room of Paris' house. This was her family! Her deceased mother and father, and her younger brother who was being carried by them.

Parker appeared to be a few months old in this photo, which meant that Paris was four years old back then. She was standing next to her mother, and behind her there was a man.

Paris could instantly recognize him since she has seen him countless of times already. This man was the leader of the major family!

Fuck...

Fuck this shit!

Fuck the major family!

And fuck their leader who is a liar!

Motherfucking old man!!!

Paris was done. She was so done.

In a moment like this, Paris wished she could have a pack of cigarettes with her so that she could smoke them all to relief the stress. But she made a promise to her girlfriend that she would quit smoking, and therefore she couldn't do that even if she wanted to so badly.

Her heart was pounding rapidly as she contemplated that image that her uncle had sent her. She was eager to know the real truth behind it. She was tired of being fooled by this mafia family again and again. The only person she could trust for now was Kai.

However, there is a problem. The leader of the Major family is Kai's father. Which means that if Paris goes against him, Kai would most definitely not allow it.

Paris was stuck in a complicated situation. She wanted to put an end to this already, but at the same time she was afraid that Kai would prevent it from happening since she knew that her father was involved in all of this mess.

This felt like an enormous puzzle with missing pieces that Paris needed to find to be able to see the picture behind it. Her head was throbbing from the headache that had just kicked in.

Paris closed her eyes for a second, inhaling and exhaling deeply, calming down a little before opening them again. She hesitated to text her uncle back, but at the end, she found herself typing a message to him and sent it.

╔═══════════════╗
Okay, I'll pay you the money. But you
have to tell me absolutely everything!
When and where do you want to meet?
╚═══════════════╝

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

The next morning, Paris and Kai woke up with eyebags underneath their eyes, looking like zombies that are about to pass out. They really need a fountain of espresso coffee ASAP!

After taking a quick shower together, they went to eat their breakfast outside in the backyard of the mansion to change the atmosphere since they always eat at the dining room. They chew on their food quietly, not really having a conversation with one another. They were too tired to open their mouths to speak, and instead they enjoyed the delicious breakfast silently.

During that entire time, Paris didn't mention anything regarding to her uncle, nor what he told her last night. She was not planning to tell Kai about it either. At least not now. Only when everything is settled down and the whole truth is out is when she will be able to explain it to her better.

Paris didn't know how Kai would react to this matter. If she finds out that her own father was the one who shot her girlfriend's parents, she would probably not believe it, simply because she trusts in him more than anybody else. Or at least, that's what Paris believed.

The mafia leader has been lying to them this entire time to clean his own hands and erase the sins he committed in the past, but it was time for him to face the truth and stop running away like the coward he is.

Kai got off the chair after finishing her breakfast, and took out her cellphone to call Pearl's grandma just like she promised last night. She walked around the backyard, waiting for the call to be answered.

Paris watched her strolling in circles quietly from the distance while she remained seated at the table, taking the last few bites from her own sandwich. She was hoping for everything to be alright and for Pearl to be safe at home. That nightmare she had last night made her overthink and feel paranoid today.

If Pearl is dead, Paris will never forgive herself. Pearl was her best friend after all, and if something were to happen to her, she would blame herself for not being able to save her on time.

And if it really turns out to be true that Pearl were to be dead, then...wouldn't that mean that her forgotten ghost would come back to hunt them?

"What did she say?" Paris asked as she saw Kai approaching the table again.

"The grandma didn't pick up. Maybe she is still sleeping. I tried calling Pearl too, but her phone seems to be off because I couldn't reach her." Kai let out a sigh and added, "What should we do?"

Paris thought for a moment before opening her mouth to reply, but her words didn't manage to come out because another voice cut her off.

"Ms. Kai, I'm back!"

"..."

"..."

That familiar voice sent cold shivers down Paris' spine, and Kai was dumbstruck at once. They couldn't believe their ears. Was that Pearl's voice just now, or was it their imagination?

Kai and Paris glanced at each other stunned, then, they turned their bodies slowly towards the direction that the voice came from. Without a doubt, the person that was walking towards them in the distance was no other than Pearl!

She was wearing her bodyguard uniform like she always did, and her black curly hair was put up into a messy bun. She looked perfectly fine, like if she had just arrived from her grandparents house. There was a sweet smile on her face as she approached them.

"Pearl?" Kai uttered, raising her brows even higher than what they already were.

"AAAAGHHHH!" Paris let out a shriek, leaping out of her seat in fright and landing on Kai's back. She tightly wrapped her arms and legs around Kai, trying not to fall off to the ground.

"Ugh, Paris...What are you doing? Get off, you're strangling me." Kai tried pulling her away, but she soon gave up after realizing that the more she struggled, the tighter Paris clung to her neck.

Paris was trembling in fear as she held onto Kai. "I-Is...Is that a ghost? Or is that really Pearl?" She even stammered. Did she really believe in ghosts? Come on, Paris!

Kai rolled her eyes, not knowing whether to laugh or cry.

"Um, I'm not a ghost, but if you want, I can pretend to be one." Pearl shrugged her shoulders, lifting her palms slightly. She also didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but she somehow still manage to smile lightly at the comment that Paris made.

"You're not?" Paris fluttered her eyelashes, not knowing if she should trust in the "ghost" standing in front of them or not.

"Of course she is not! Oh my God, Paris. Stop the nonsense. I can't breathe!" Kai complained, finally getting her off from her back.

Paris landed steadily on the ground. She was silent for a brief moment before she spoke again, "So...that means that...Pearl is alive!" She exclaimed joyfully the last three words, throwing herself forward, and embracing Pearl tightly into her arms.

"Yes, I'm alive. Why wouldn't I be?" Pearl snorted and laughed as she corresponded to the hug.

Kai shook her head, curving up her lips and joined the hug as well. "Welcome back, Pearl. I'm glad to see you back."

"Oh my God, Pearl! I was so scared! I literally dreamed about you last night. I dreamed that you were dead. That's why I thought you were a ghost. I'm sorry. Why didn't you contact us after leaving? And when did you arrive?" Paris babbled so many questions at once that Pearl didn't even know where to start.

"It's a long story, but I'll try to explain briefly." Pearl said as she slowly let go of them. "When I left, I realized that I had forgotten to grab my phone charger. My grandparents don't use the same type of charger, so I couldn't charge my phone at all. That's why I couldn't contact you guys through my phone. I also didn't want to bother you guys. I know that you two have a lot of things to take care of. And to answer the other question, I arrived at midnight. I reported myself to the leader, so he already knows that I'm back. He told me that you guys were sleeping when I got back, so that's why I couldn't greet you guys sooner." The first answer was obviously a lie that Pearl had to come up with since she was not going to expose where she really was or else she would cause a turmoil. The second answer was sincere, though.

While Pearl was talking, Paris noticed that there was something wrapped around her right palm. After taking another careful look, she could confirm that it was a bandage. The white material covered all of Pearl's palm, making it seem like it was a severe wound.

"What happened to your hand?" Paris asked after Pearl finished talking.

Pearl didn't see this question coming, and she was a little taken aback, not knowing how to respond to this. "Um, eh...I..." She stuttered as she hid her bandaged hand behind her back.

Seeing this, Paris immediately reached out and pulled Pearl's arm back, lifting the hand to take a closer glimpse. "It's still bleeding! When did this happen?" Her voice was filled with concern as she saw some of the blood passing through the layers of bandages.

"It happened yesterday." Pearl answered as she pulled her hand back, hiding it behind her back again, but there was no use of it anymore since they had already seen it. "I accidentally cut myself with a knife." She explained.

"Accidentally? How deep did the knife cut through? Why is it still bleeding this badly?" Paris continued to press with more questions, making Pearl feel more nervous. Pearl didn't want them to find out.

"I applied some medicine and a new set of bandages just now. Maybe that's the reason it started bleeding again. It's not that serious, don't worry." Pearl gulped down dryly, hoping for Paris to stop interrogating her.

Kai furrowed her brows, analyzing the situation quietly. She didn't know what to assume, but she trusts in Pearl, and thus, there was no reason for her to doubt her.

Paris squinted her eyes in suspicion before saying, "If you say so, then I guess it makes sense. You should be more careful next time though. "

Pearl nodded at this and then shifted her gaze towards Kai who looked like she wanted to say something too.

"If you want, you can rest this week until it heals. It seems to me that it's quite serious." Kai said while folding her arms in front of her.

Pearl shook her head and replied with a soft smile, "There is no need for that. It's really not that serious. I came back to work, so what's the point of me resting more than what I have already done?"

Kai returned the smile to her and patted her shoulder gently, "That's the Pearl I know. Always committed and hard-working. I'm happy that you're finally back."

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 317 30
Karlnap my beloved Karl is 15 and hadn't had an amazing life. This is his 3rd time with a different foster family this year, he isn't hopeful about...
25.1K 1.4K 32
Yuzu's a photographer, Mei's a journalist. When Yuzu's camera lens lands on the deep lavender eyes of Aihara Mei at a wedding, she doesn't have the h...
432K 48.4K 22
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...
387K 3.8K 8
❝ no relationships, no emotions, just sex. ❞ OUTER BANKS FEM!OC x JJ MAYBANK © -B0WEN