Sweet treats (Bob velseb x re...

By thingies

You're a former trauma surgeon who resigned after a horrible event in your life. Now, after moving across the... More

A/N
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21

10

1K 39 44
By thingies

TW: this chapter deals with a tiny bit of s*icide discussion. Read at ur own discretion.

September 15th, 2005
———————————

As fall approaches and the air steadily gets chillier, you're suddenly reminded of the fact that your older sister Kira was supposed to visit you. You and her had discussed it last month, but it didn't become a reality until recently. She would be flying from Seattle all the way to Iowa.

She wasn't telling your mom she was coming either, which made you a little nervous for her well-being. Your sister had always stood up for you when it came to your mom being a hard-ass. That's why she was one of your only friends back home. She was the only one who understood how you were treated. But she knew you and mom don't keep in contact anymore, which is why she's visiting you in secret.

You were incredibly excited to see her again, and introduce her to all the friends you've made here. Maybe even take her to have lunch at Boys and Grills as well! She could meet Bob.

Hopefully she would like him. She was always incredibly protective when it came to you. But Bob was nice, and she probably wouldn't see him as a threat.

Right?

Brushing off the paranoia, you jump out of bed, ready to conquer the day. Today you had a few important things to do before Kira got here. Buy extra food, wash your bed sheets, clean the bathroom....

Ugh. It's so much. But she would be staying for a week, so it would only be polite to tidy up a bit. Stepping out of the shower, you quickly got dressed for the day. Kira wouldn't land until 4:30, so you had quite a bit of time to prepare. You hoped Kira liked your house. Yes, it was still green, but you painted it a softer green about a month ago. The green kinda grew on you.

Welp! Time to get some chores done.

———————

4:30PM
————-

You promised you'd pick Kira up at the airport. So here you stand, waiting for her. The airport is pretty empty, save for a few security guards and patrons milling about.

You haven't seen your sister ever since you moved, so you could barely contain your excitement seeing her come down the escalator. You vibrated with excitement as she came running up to you.

"(Y/N)!" Kira tackles you in a hug, and you hug back. "Oh my baby I missed you!!!"

"I missed you too!" You smiled, pulling away from the hug. She smells like vanilla, and you sneak a peek at her perfectly manicured nails. She looks immaculate and put together as always.

She smiles and looks at you. "You look amazing. You're practically glowing!" She makes a gesture at your face. "How have you been!?!! I've missed my little sibling so much!"

You both walk down the airport, Kira pulling her suitcase along with one hand, and her other arm linked around yours. "So! How've you been? How's mom?" You ask.

She rolls her eyes. "Oh you know. Bitchy as ever. But what's new?" She eyes you. "I'm fucking starving. Those tiny ass bags of peanuts they give you on the flight is not enough to sustain me."

You laugh. "I know a good place we can eat at. Plus, you can meet one of the friends I've made."

She smiles and waves her hands around happily. "Oh you've made friends? Plural? You've grown up so much! I'm so proud of you."

You turn red in embarrassment. "Staaawwwpp..." you really enjoyed when she praised you. Your mom never did, so Kira was basically your only supporter in life until you moved. "Let's go get some good ass food."

"Agreed."

—————
You both pull up to Boys and Grills, stomachs rumbling. Kira eyes the building. "Oh this is a cute little place. Very retro."

"Yeah! They've even got a jukebox inside."

"How adorable." She smiles and gets out of the car and you do the same. "You know... I think this cute little town really suits you. You've never been a huge city person."

You nod. "Yeah. I really like it here. And everyone has been pretty nice."

You both walk in the restaurant, bell jingling on the door once again. Knowing you can seat yourself, you lead Kira over to a booth next to the window.  As soon as you both sit down, a server comes up to your table and hands you both some menus. She smiles. "Hi (Y/N)! Haven't seen you here in a while. Want me to get Bob for you?"

You smile and nod. "Yes please! Thank you."

As the server walks away, Kira takes a sip of her water. "Is Bob one of the friends you've made here?"

You nod. "Yeah. He's really nice. He actually owns this place."

Kira is looking around the restaurant, eyeing the many decorations on the wall. "Mmm...."

Speak of the devil, Bob appears at your booth. "Well hello darlin!" He gestures towards Kira. "Who's this?"

Kira sticks her hand out to shake Bob's. "I'm Kira. (Y/N)'s older sister." She smiles politely, looking at Bob.

Bob notices that Kira looks almost nothing like you, save for one thing. Her eyes. You both have the same bright, beautiful eyes that he loves to look into. She's definitely your sibling alright. He smiles at the older woman. "I'm Bob. I didn't know (Y/N) had a sister!" He looks at you with a funny look. You raise your eyebrows, but he doesn't say anything else.

"Well it's nice to meet you Kira. I'll let y'all visit with each other. Feel free to order anythin'. It's on the house."

At that, you gasp a little. "Bob! No! I can't make you do that."

He looks at you. "You're not makin' me do anything darlin'." He winks.

Face red, you turn away from him and huff. "Okay."

He laughs and walks back to the kitchen. All the while, Kira was watching this little interaction, eyebrows raised.

As soon as Bob is out of hearing distance, she looks at you. "Oh my god."

You look back. "No. Nuh uh. We're just friends."

Kira smiles slyly. "He calls you darling....?"

"I said we're just friends!!!!"

Kira raises her hands up in defense. "Woah no need to get all defensive! I was just making a simple observation." She's smiling now. "He definitely looks at you some typa way."

You bury your head in your hands. "Oh my god stop please."

Kira laughs and pats your shoulder. "I'm just messing with you! Come on. Let's order something."

At that, you pipe up. "Oh! You should get the burger. It's really good. And the fries. That's what I always get anyways."

"Hmmm.... Do they put lettuce on it?"

"Yeah."

"Tomato?"

"..yeah?"

"Okay, I'm sold." Kira sets down her menu, setting her hands over it. "So. Tell me about the friends you've made! How many more are there?"

You set down your menu as well, looking up. "Well. There's Bob, obviously. And my next door neighbor, Lila. She's really nice, you'd like her. Also, Lila's friend June, annnnddd one of the police officers that work here. His name is Jack."

Kira nods. "Oh a police officer! I've always loved a man in uniform. Is he hot?"

You giggle. "I'm not gonna answer that." You take a sip of water. "Enough about me. How's Seattle? Work getting any easier?"

Kira sighs. "God. I have to deal with so many insane clients it's not even funny."

Kira's a lawyer - an extremely good one at that. She was your defense attorney when you needed her one time. And of course, with her help, you won the case.

Kira leans in, lowering her voice. "Dude. This one client of mine.... He was a fucking serial killer."

You pale a little at that. "No way."

"Yes way. And guess what." She lowers her voice even more. "He fucking killed himself the week before trial. Slit his wrists in his cell."

Soon, your food arrives. Kira takes a bite of her fry. "He literally killed his parents and went on a two-month rampage. Killed about 7 people total. Fuckin' monster."

You stir your drink with your straw. "You know.... This is gonna freak you out."

"What?"

You also lean in, voice lowering. "There's a serial killer in town. They haven't caught him yet. Nobody knows who it could be."

At that, Kira pales. "What? Are you fucking kidding me?"

You shake your head.

"Oh my god. (Y/N). You can't be here."

You frown at that. "I'm fine. There's a curfew I've set for myself, and I don't walk alone at night." You decide to omit the fact that the killer literally broke into your home and tried to kill you.

Kira sighs. "God that's freaky. This is such a small town. It could be that guy over there." She points, and you slowly follow her finger. She's pointing at an old guy peacefully eating his sand-which.

"Uh... I don't think so."

Kira looks back at you. "Yeah okay. But still." She eats another fry. "If you ever feel unsafe, you can come back home with me for a bit. Just until they catch him."

You smile. "Thanks. I'll keep that in mind." You  definitely wouldn't do that. You wanted to stay as far away from Seattle as possible. But you don't say that.

———

A little while later, you both finish your meals. Waving at Bob, you head out the door to your car.

Kira yawns. "Damn. That burger was good. I was pleasantly surprised for such a little rinky-dink place."

You giggle. "I told you."

You both sit down in your car, and Kira sighs a little bit. "I know you don't want to hear this but..." she puts her hand on your shoulder. "Mom asked about you before I left. She wanted me to give you this." She pulls out an envelope and hands it to you. "You don't have to open it now... but I do think you should read it."

You hesitantly take the envelope from her hands. "...okay. I will."

"Thank you. I know it's hard, but I'll tell her that I gave it to you."

"Okay."

You start the engine of your car and begin the quick drive home. Pulling up to your driveway, you look at Kira. "So I've made the bed, and cleaned the sheets."

Kira looks at you. "Amazing. You're such a cute little housekeeper." She rubs the top of your head.

"I'm going to eat you. Get out of my car."

At that, Kira laughs. You both get out, Kira grabbing her suitcase. "Wow. It's very green."

You laugh. "Dude. You should've seen it when I moved in. I'm not shitting you, it was a violent highlighter green."

"Gross."

You grab your keys and open the door, switching the light on. Kira looks around, seemingly impressed. "Oh it's so nice in here!" She sets her suitcase down. "Oh! You even framed this?" She says, pointing at a picture sitting on the coffee table.

Grinning, you respond. "Yeah. I think it's cute." The picture in question was a photograph of you and Kira as kids, covered in chalk. Your Dad took the picture.

Kira picks up the photo and cradles it in her hands. "I miss this. I miss him."

"I know. Me too." You yawn, slipping off your shoes. Kira yawns as well.

She gently sets the photo back down. "Shit. This jet lag is setting in now. And I don't feel like being sad."

At that, you laugh. "Me neither. Let's call it a night. We can do something fun tomorrow." You lead her towards your bedroom. She flops down on your bed, kicking off her shoes. You two always shared a bed when you were little, so it was no big deal you were sharing one with Kira now. It was a king size anyway.

You both undress and change into your pajamas, as well as brush teeth and go to the bathroom, etc.

As you both get in bed, Kira points out something. "That's cute. Where'd you get it?" She's pointing at your little LED lamp shaped as a cat sitting on your dresser.

"Oh that? Online."

"Wait it's cute. I want one."

You switch off the light and pull the covers over you. "Buy one then. No one's stopping you." As you turn off the light, Kira hums in response, seemingly ready to crash for the night.

You sigh. That envelope she gave you earlier from Mom... you were scared to open it. It could be her just berating you for moving and quitting your job. You already blocked her number, so it seemed possible that sending you a letter could be another way of trying to shit on you.

You turn to Kira. "Hey, do you think..."

She's already asleep.

You turn back around, closing your eyes. You'll open the letter tomorrow.

————-

"No! Please!-"

The pour soul chokes as Bob slits his throat easily. He couldn't really enjoy the feeling of a kill though, as he was thinking about you.

You never told him you had a sister. For some reason... that hurt his feelings a bit.

Bob lifts the dead man onto his chopping table. Powering on his saw, he gets to work with the dismemberment. How much else have you not told him? Is there even more stuff he doesn't know about you?

Angrily, Bob grabs the man's chopped off leg and takes a bite. God damn. At least the meat still tastes good.

Sitting down, he thinks about Kira again. There was a certain... look... in her eyes. Something that made Bob suspicious. He wanted to kill her, but doing that would destroy you. So he'll hold back.

For now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 79 19
Go read the rewrite instead!! It's better!!! - You work as an assasian, killing horrible people. It pays well, and it's SUPER fun. Though, one night...
32K 977 16
Things seem to be going great for you. You have a stable job as a doctor at the prison, you have a pretty good house that you live in. AND ITS ALMOST...
60.9K 3.4K 20
BOOK TWO- Female Reader Version After being fired from the Sanitarium, the slashers were determined to be with you again. Breaking out, they travelle...
285K 9K 14
It all stared with a simple visit. A visit that was supposed to kill you. That night you were left with a strange mark on your chest, and that night...