Dark Twists

By Vinnianca

I still didn't understand what he said,I couldn't think of anything i had done to hurt him. Maybe I was reall... More

Chapter 1 - How it began
Chapter 2 - Pink lady
Chapter 3- Truth or lie
Chapter 4 - Angry mom
Chapter 5- Sweetheart
Chapter 6 - Getting close
Chapter 7- Fatherly love
Chapter 8- He's a changed man
Chapter 9 - Surprise visit
Chapter 10- Uncovered
Chapter 11- His plan
Chapter 12 - Temptation
Chapter 13 - Sweet temptation
Chapter 14 - Evil stepmother
Chapter 15 - The pain
Chapter 16 - Hide the burn.
Chapter 17- Hatred
Chapter 18 - Too wild
Chapter 19 - Second thoughts
Chapter 20- War at home I
Chapter 21- War at home II
Chapter 23 - Meet the blondie
Chapter 24 - Hallway romance
Chapter 25- It can't be
Chapter 26- New resolve
Chapter 27 - Blackmail
Chapter 28 - To love your enemy
Chapter 29 - Mission accomplished
Chapter 30 - Taking Levi home
Chapter 31 - The strange kid
Chapter 32- The Female Gender
Chapter 33- Pokerface
Chapter 34 - Betrayed
Chapter 35 - Interesting game
Chapter 36- The Hook up
Chapter 37- Hard choice
Chapter 38 - Her confession
Chapter 39 - Secrets left unknown
Chapter 40 - Dug up the Gold digger
Chapter 41 - The peering eyes
Chapter 42 - Sweet bitter truth
Chapter 43- Bloody present
Chapter 44 -The revelation
Chapter 45 - A glimmer of hope
Chapter 46 - At the penthouse
Chapter 47 - Nightmare
Chapter 48 - Always yours
Chapter 49- Perfect
Epilogue - Teen romance

Chapter 22- War at home III

71 22 3
By Vinnianca

Sally

        I watched as my children fell asleep.  It took a while before they finally slept off after the police left. I could sense that they were finally at peace ,the relieved expression on their faces told me that they were more than happy to have Pamela gone for good .
      I was really surprised ....rather overjoyed at what Iris told me before going to bed. Pamela was probably planning to hid it from all of us.
    Iris told me she had burnt her skin with the iron. At first I didn't believe it but Nora and Mia both confirmed it.

      I had a triumphant smile on my face,knowing that my kids were able to defend themselves made me happy. At least Pamela would be groaning in pain behind bars.
   I just hoped the burn was big enough to leave a scar just like the little scars she left on my kids skins.

     Just as I finished tucking them in bed Cisco walked Into the room with a cup in his hand. I could see the steam coming out of the cup so I assumed it was a cup of hot coffee or tea.
         It was then I realized how dried my throat was,even my tongue felt dried.

      He handed me the cup ,I took it without looking at him.

I was still angry at him.

It wasn't his fault anyway since he didn't find out about what Pamela did before he saw us fighting.
    He might even think we were fighting for some absurd reason......... probably because we were jealousy or maybe all those wifey stuff.
     Still ,seeing him take sides with her immediately without asking  to know what happened first made me realize something.

       Cisco might .......he might just...... ugrhh...I didn't want to think about it . My chest was beginning to feel heavy again.

      I was just tired,tired of everything....I was exhausted, mentally, physically and emotionally exhausted.I just wanted to soak in warm water and probably fall asleep in the water.
      I sighed and got up from the bed ,I was going to the bathroom to soak in warm water.

    "Sally! " He called , stopping me in my track. I waited for a few seconds and continued moving. I was not ready to talk to him now or I would just pour out everything and end up crying.

"Sally please....why are you even mad at me?"

"Ohh .....why am I mad at you ? ". I snapped. "You wanna know why ? ....here's why! . I just realized that she is more important than me and your children and that there's nothing left between us ,you just showed me that all those dates and lovey dovey stuff didn't come from ..you !!! "  I blurted out angrily,hot tears ran down my cheeks . I had tired so hard to prevent them from falling but I just couldn't anymore. I felt like I was being used ,he was playing with my feelings and I let him.

" I care about you Sally ......I never pretended about anything ".

I laughed . " Your actions said otherwise ".

" I didn't know that she had hurt them ....I thought you two got into a fight that's why I was shocked when I saw her bleeding ".

" And you ran to her immediately? ".

" Was I supposed to just stand and watch ?"

I smiled,a smile that didn't reach my eyes .
" I should have expected that ".

   I suddenly lost the urge to soak in warm water. I should leave the room now,I couldn't afford to wake them up. I walked as fast as I could out of the room ,I practically ran down the stairs and went into the garden.
      The night was cold,the wind was a little heavy and I was still in my gown. I didn't have the time to grab a jacket ,he would come for me any moment now. I knew he chased me down the stairs but I guess I was pretty fast .

  Any moment now - I'll count to five

" 1...2...3....."

"Sally !! "  He huffed .

I smiled still not turning to face him,I hadn't even counted to five yet.

" Jeez! You're pretty fast " .  He said still panting hard.

" Why did you follow me here?" .  I asked even though I knew the reason .

" Because we're not done talking ..."

"There's nothing to talk about !" 

" Look ...I'm sorry ,I'm really sorry". He paused and this time I turned to look at him.  " You know ,even if I knew she had hurt our children I'll still run to her .....she was bleeding ,I couldn't just ignore that . What if she had lost consciousness? "   He continued.

" Do you love her? ". 

Silence.

Absolute silence.

I saw his Adam apple bopped up and down.
I didn't even know why I asked ,it just flowed out of my mouth. Honestly I had been wanting to know because his actions were confusing me. I wanted to be sure before letting my guard down.
          The look on his face made me fear the answer he would give or maybe I shouldn't have asked.
     He married her so he should love her, why else would he take her side and show concern. I saw the look on his face when he saw Pamela bleeding. 

I was just being stupid.

" I......I .... I'm ....I  ...".  He couldn't even find the right words to say. My eyes started to sting again,I didn't want to hear his answer ....I was too scared to hear it.

" It's okay...you don't have to tell me . I don't want to hear it".

" Sally ...it's natural to want to help someone who's injured. "  He said obviously trying to evade the question.

" Yeah I know ,forget I said that".

" I didn't pretend when I said I wanted you....and every other thing was real. I care about you a lot,you are the most important......."

" Don't toy with me ". I cut him off . " Don't play with my feelings .... I'll give you this last chance ".

" Last chance ? "   He didn't seem to get what I was saying.

" Choose .......it's either me or her . Make your choice now! ".

It felt like the earth stopped moving. I knew he didn't expect this at all .

I just couldn't take it anymore,we needed to settle this once and for all. If he chooses Pam then I'll have no choice but to leave him ,If he chooses me then he'll have to divorce Pam. I couldn't continue sharing him with another woman,it's either I have him all to myself or not have him at all.

     " Sally .....we could settle our differences
,there's......" . 

" Just choose !!..... Me or her? ".

    He opened his mouth and then closed it and opened it again but no words came out. Was it that hard for him to make a choice ? So our ten years of marriage meant nothing to him?
   I was really a fool wasn't I? ,at this point I thought I already knew his answer .

____________________________________

Pretty hard choice we have here don't you think? . What do you think Cisco would do or rather who would he choose ?

Thanks so much for reading and for the support.

  For those of you who listen to music while reading ,I listened to Time by NF while writing this chapter and I think it's a great background music that can spike your imagination.

Love y'all ❤️

~Vinnianca .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 5.8K 42
Highest Ranking #512 in Romance The song itself held so much meaning to our situation, so I committed it to memory, remembering each step and exactly...
1.3M 42K 59
Oliver, leave me. I have to go inside", I said making a failed attempt to free myself. "What is wrong with...", and the rest of the words got lost as...
128K 5.1K 75
Dev, he saw the same dream every night, the same beautiful curly haired girl, looking at him with those pleading pair of eyes, but he could do nothin...
94.4K 6.5K 71
He fell in love with the girl he had a one-night stand with. When her true nature revealed, he hated himself for loving her and decided never to see...