Arknights: Starsfall I

By MNL_AAF

Season 1 of the Starsfall series. Cover is credited to the effort of: @Legend_of_Frog The United States Space... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Epilogue
Starsfall Season 2

Chapter 66

1.1K 37 79
By MNL_AAF

United States Government Intranet

The ultranationalists are getting violent. We have agents from all intelligence agencies reporting that the government is probably not going to last beyond 2056.

Potential civil war on the horizon, much of the anger is in the far east and east ends of the country. Western end is going to be looked after by the European Federation's Eastern Commonwealth.

U.S. Forces in Alaska, Japan, and the Republic of Korea must stay on high alert.

- Secretary of State

Total personnel composition and participation on Terra - this list breaks down the numbers and percentage of total deployed manpower in Terra by all officially participating nations.

Total Participating Manpower: 475,000

[ Major Nation or Association ]
- [ Individual Regions or closely associated allies/satellites ]

United States of (North) America and Canada: 10%
- State Republic of Mexico: 2.5%
- Central American Federation: 2.5%
Total: 15%

European Federation: 2.5%
- Associated Member of Ireland: 1.25%
- State of Israel: 2.5%
- North African and Middle Eastern Associated States: 2.5%
Total: 8.75%

United Kingdom: 6.25%

Russian Federation: 50% - all of them are the reserves Russia is sending over

Commonwealth of Australia: 5%

Republic of New Zealand: 2.5%

State of Japan: 2.5%

Republic of Taiwan ( China ): 7.5%

Republic of Korea: 2.5%

United Nations Logistics officers are reporting noticeable strains on the supply line because of the incoming wave of Russian reserves, we need to request Chief Wei for housing and storage.

Because New Roanoke, as it stands, is reaching its upper limit. Requesting more supply ships and more Robotic-Logistics units.

Not to mention, the current situation in Lungmen is going into the next Fallujah or the next Iraq if go excess on the force.

- UN Military Reporter for New Roanoke

British Columbia has not surrendered, we might be going into a guerilla war. Coupled with the fact that we also have to deal with Rogue Canadians, things are not going to be fun up here.

- General Jenkins Rogard

Our special guests are on their way to Atlanta, they should be there before Christmas.

I will send the list of who's driving what and who are the drives transporting.

JLTV 1 - Foley: Amiya, Dobermann, Nearl, Project Red

JLTV 2 - Dunn: Ceylon, Schwarz, Ace, Blaze

MAT-V [ LRAD ] - Daniels: Ch'en, Swire, Hoshiguma, Ptilopsis

Military Shuttle Bus 1 - Ramirez: Exusiai, Sora, Praminax, Cliffheart, SilverAsh, Mudrock, Silence, Saria, and Ifrit

Military Shuttle Bus 2 - Jonathon: Blue Poison, Suzuran, Croissant, Bison, Nightingale, Shining, Ansel, Hibiscus, Lava

Military Shuttle Bus 3 - Carmen: Lappland, Texas, Jessica, Liskarm, Franka, Fang, Kroos, Beagle, Gavial, Skyfire

These are our guests, treat them well Atlanta.

- Secretary of State

"Highway Pitstop"

Pvt. James Ramirez
December 24th, Earth Time, 2055
October 25th, Terra Time, 1097

The sun was in the sky, hanging and marking the late, cool morning of December 24. The buses were comfortably warm inside. The JLTVs keeping everybody cozy, and the MAT-V was humming along with Ptilopsis, in a jacket, recorded the sights and path of where they were going.

She manages to record some animals. Some of them familiar to most of them, but a few that eluded them.

Sometimes she caught some birds that tried to fly alongside the convoy, catching up with it briefly, before flying away to do their own thing.

Biodiversity on Earth seems to be much greater and much less crammed compared to Terra.

On the roads, regular civilians going about their days, truckers delivering their goods and trailers to where they are needed. The occasional police car or utility vehicle passing along.

In the air, and although the camera could barely record it, a massive passenger plane flew over. It wasn't something to be marveled about, but it was still something to see for a world where large passenger aircraft isn't common.

Ramirez was somewhat enjoying the sights. It wasn't as bad as Los Angeles' traffic, and it was still enough to remind him that he was in civilization.

That he was home on Earth.

"So, folks," he had his left hand tapping on a panel, trying to stay focused on the road while studying the GPS to Atlanta, "What was your thoughts on the World War One exhibit?"

Exusiai was behind him, watching the road ahead with boredom. Silence was also looking ahead, observing all the environment. Trees, some nice hills, railroads, which was unfamiliar to some.

SilverAsh was still deep in though, Cliffheart joining her sister in her prayer. This bus was relatively peaceful, especialyl with Mudrock adding to it as she gets some Mud and Orirock she managed to produce from her little combat suit and started

Off in the Distance, along the US-29 heading south, there was an air fleet of Military Transport helicopters, making their way northward to Pennsylvania.

Defiants and Valors were flying in that direction, joined by Commanches and Sikorsky Raiders, as well as a couple of CH-55s. The combined melody of rotors slightly rattling the bus. One of the CH-55s was close enough to where Ramirez could faintly see who they belonged to.

The 198th and 199th from the emblems and the direction they were coming from.

"It was," Mudrock begins, finishing another little Sherman creation she had been working, "Somewhat horrifying," she admits, "But it's also intriguing."

Ramirez looked at her through the rearview mirror, "How so?" The fleet of helicopters flew past, and Mudrock began to speak again, looking at him, the sounds of rotors softly fading.

"I am saying in the way that your world and ours changed drastically in response to conflict," she elaborates, staying relaxed mostly, and lightly fixing up her hair, "How the development of your guns led to your changes in doctrine and training." She happily hummed, and let the bus go back to quiet.

Until Ifrit opened her mouth, "So, what changed? We don't see you all running around digging trenches anymore, what happened?" that question wasn't as bratty as it would be, but more curious, and questioning.

Exusiai looked at him expectantly, and the Ranger let out a sigh, realizing this is something he's going have to go over.

Oh where do i begin... He patted Lana on the head and looks at her thought eh Rearview mirror now, "Can't really explain it right now, I'm going to focus on the road," he passes back his tablet, set to - safe search on - Google.

Exusiai takes it and looks at him, "You want us to...?"

"Yep," he responded, "Just do some searching on there."

Exusiai tapped on the search bar, finding it comfortably close to her phone as a keyboard popped up. Ifrit comes over and looks at the Tablet, Sora also peaking over. Slowly tapping in, Exusiai began their search.

Ramirez had returned to focusing in the Road, the calmness of it all coming back, a few SUVs driving by. Exusiai turned back to the Tablet and began to think on what exactly to search.

She decided to start broad, and produced the question, How does the Modern American Army work?

At that, a result was produced, from Wikipedia, which was apart of an Article titled 'Infantry Tactics'.

Modern infantry tactics vary with the type of infantry deployed. Armored and mechanized infantry are moved and supported in action by vehicles, while others may operate amphibiously from ships, or as airborne troops inserted by helicopter, parachute or glider, whereas light infantry may operate mainly on foot.

Deployment of Robotic Military Equipment as well as heavy use of Drones as a way to scout out and identify major threats before the main force moves in is also present. Robotics can also be seen actively engaging in combat alongside Modern Infantry.

Armored and Mechanized Infantry? Ifrit began to process, Do these people have robotic soldiers...? Her eyes slightly sparkled, Cool, but not as cool as the almighty Ifrit. That's what she told herself, ordered by her pride.

"Airborne? Like how we deploy for battle sometimes?" Exusiai pondered, thinking of all the times she, Texas, Croissant, and the others jumped out of the airship that Rhodes Island uses to deploy onto the battlefield to lay waste to whatever that needs to be taken care of. I guess deploying forces from the sky isn't as far fetched universally?

"Amphibiously from ships?" Sora pointed that line out, "They can attack from the water?" Exusiai looked it over, and then began to search it up. The Marines Corps immediately came up as a search result.

Clicking on a training video, the 3, joined by a slightly curious Silence who was curious on what Ifrit was doing, the 4 began to watch how a modern Naval Invasion works and what Carmen pretty much did for a little while.

The aforementioned Marine looked back at the lovely group of people she was transporting.

She just slightly shook her head at Lappland messing with the pretty meek and nervous Jessica, joined by a somewhat comedic sight of Liskarm getting her shield out and telling the Lupo to back off. Texas getting annoyed and nudging Lappland to knock it off...

Reminds me of the Corps. She looked forward to continue driving. While her bus wasn't entirely chaotic, it was enough to essentially keep herself busy and amused as everybody did their own little things.

Lappland came up to her going beside Carmen and looking in the road infront, the Spas-12 that she was given was strapped on to her. "Carmen," she says, "Where are we going again?"

"Atlanta," she responded automatically, "Georgia, a little peach loving state on this side of the U.S. of A," she began to fidget with the controls on the steering wheel.

"Atlanta?" Lappland repeated, letting the name roll around her tongue, "What for? What's in that city?"

"Not sure," Carmen responded honestly. Mid day was approach. The convoy of cars changing with every new person that gets on or off the highway.

Texas was checking her little device, making sure it works by pointing it safely to where it would harm anyone and activating it. The familiar yellow blade coming out.

Carmen registered what she saw through the rear view mirror, eyes widening in surprise, "Wait you have a lightsaber?!"

Texas raised an eyebrow at her, putting her sword away, "A what?"

Jonathan's group was pretty well behaved and silent, only talking about some topics on Terra and a few other things. Blue Poison saw no need to speak with him so she remained silent.

They mostly kept to themselves, which was nice.

"Ko Ko dai yooo...."

Although eventually that thing with some sort of Terran-version of the Australian accent will get on his nerves. Especially because of how often she keeps saying and repeating the damn phrase.

"The hell does that even mean?!" Jonathan finally half-yelled in annoyance.

Dunn was having a conversation with Blaze and Ace. Ceylon and Schwarz were having their own little free conversations. "Sir Dunn," Ceylon respectfully begins, pausing the conversation he was having with the Feline.

"Yes?" He wasn't paying attention to the road, but the car seemed to be driving just fine.

"How is this vehicle propelling himself?" That was way too broad of a question in Dunn's opinion. He looks at her and questions, "What do you mean?" He was still casually handling the car.

"You have said, and by the looks of it too, that there is no Originium on Earth, right?"

At the question, Dunn sighed, realizing that this conversation is eventually going to come up. Looking at his fuel gauge, he sees an opportunity. "Yeah there is no Originium here, other than the new formations caused by that incident." He flipped on his turn signal and began to follow Foley. The 4 in the vehicle wasn't terribly stunned, considering what they have seen.

However, the prosect was still mind breaking. Blaze leaned forward, "Wait, so then what is powering everything you all own?" She gestures to the vehicles driving all around them, the little glove box that has a Glock-18 in it.

Hell, she even points to the screens.

"Well, Ms. Blaze,' Dunn begins, "We are going to see soon, because looks like Foley also needs to get Gas."

"Mr. Foley?" Amiya asks, looking at the man. He turns an eye to her as he began to flip on a turn signal.

"What is it?" she points at the convoy getting off the Highway, "Why are we stopping?"

"Ah," he starts, "Well, our vehicles need to refuel." He points to a little electronic gauge and taps it. "We are about 4 hours away from Atlanta, but we are not going to make it with the current amount of gas that we have in our system."

"Gas?" Dobermann questions, "Is that a source of Energy down here?"

He nods, "Mostly reserved for us Military Vehicles and some Utility vehicles that won't last long on Electric." Gesturing to the civilian cars driving all around, he clarifies, "Most of these cars run on a battery, stored electricity that can be recharged at certain stations."

"Ahh," Amiya somewhat understood, looking outside at the town they were pulling into and noticing the wide range of colors. Red caught her staring at the lights, and was also entranced herself.

"Hey..." the silent wolf begins, Foley turning his attention to her, "What's with all of the... colorful lights?" He focuses back on the streets and smiled. "Ahh... how can I forget?" He starts the car again, driving towards the Gas Station.

More of the wonderful lights began to be seen, and Ptilopsis began to record and set the camera over it. Dobermann turned away from the lights, and finally asks, "What is going on? What's with the lights? What's happening?"

"Tomorrow's Christmas." Foley finally responded, and in Amiya there was somewhat a level of joy when she went to ask him, just to make sure she wasn't hearing things.

"Wait, Christmas is tomorrow over here?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8K 1.1K 46
March 17, 2023, the day where humanity's future has been shifted immensely. Some kind of planet or whatever it is has appeared near earth and despite...
2.6K 66 16
[Vol.2 of Terra Invicta: The War for Earth] With the Victory at the Battle of Geneva by the Coalition Forces, the Invaders has been defeated... Howev...
710 8 8
Disclaimer: most characters, the race has belonged they own franchise. I am only own the plot and name of OC's. What will happen if Allien makes the...
3.6K 46 39
2071 Current Age: Dark Hope-Starlight As tensions brew between the Anthro race and mankind, over many political and ideological accidents and general...