Tango Dancing With The Devil

By WillowDovespear

A girl who can resist the temptations of the Devil? Impossible, right? Wrong! Meet Rhea. Brave. Headstrong... More

Tango Dancing with The Devil
The Devil
New Teacher

Hades

54 3 6
By WillowDovespear

Trust me to get a love lesson from the Devil.

What is he playing at? What's the motivation? Before I met him, I always thought that the Devil was

some hedious monster not a smokin' hot guy.

Well fine then. I won't fall for him.

I can deal with this. I've handled every challenge he's thrown at me and aced them all.

"So you're saying that if the rabbit runs out of it's hutch, it'll get run over by a truck?"

"A truck?" He chuckles heartily.

"Dear Rhea, being run over by a truck is a treat in compared to the punishment I have in store for you," he sneers.

How cocky. But then again, he is the Devil...

What could be so bad as to make being run over by a truck seem like a treat though?

Nonetheless, I shrug and continue to stare at him.

"Are you.going to let me go now or what?"

"Not planning on it anytime soon."

"What if a kid comes in here?"

"Oh please. You think they're actually doing art with the racket they're making?"

Touché.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot, you'll be needing an accomplice to help you in your next challenges."

Some tall skinny hot guy with black hair and redish brown eyes materialises next to the Devil.

"Rhea, meet Chrysander. He is your new accomplice and you can use him to help you stir up more trouble for me. He's not completely human but he's not quite anything else."

"Chrysander," I whisper and the guy standing next to the Devil grins wickedly at me. Odd name but whatever.

Okay. I can live with that.

"Remember, no one else can see him unless you wish them to. He'll go everywhere with you from now on."

"Everywhere?" Even the bathroom? And when I'm changing? I frown and stare hard at his wide collar where his tanned chest is peaking out.

"Yes. Now I'm going to let you go but stay in this classroom until the bell rings. I have to go answer to a higher being."

He lets go of my hands and Chrysander and I watch him disappear off to somewhere.

I walk back to my seat after grabbing a box of crayons and paper. Chrysander follows me and sits on the table.

For the most part I try to ignore him and focus on doodling on the paper but then he starts playing with my hair.

"What are you doing?" I whisper.

"Bored," he says.

"How about you try spooking them out a bit since they can't see you?"

"Great idea!"

Chrysander walks to the bunch of monkeys (teenagers) making a racket, up to no good.

I wonder what the Devil is up to. What did he mean by "higher power"? God? Who knows.

I need to go to the bathroom. I know the Devil told me not to leave this classroom but when you gotta go, you gotta go. I get up and walk right out of the classroom.

Bad. Idea. A whole mess of purple smoke puffs out of nowhere and I know I'm in deep shit. But for what reason I do not know. A tall man wearing a black Louis Vuitton suit materialises out of the smoke. His slicked back hair is an astonishing shade of cyan and his eyes are a reminiscent of a wolf, yellow and unearthly.

He walks up close to me. Before he can touch me though, Chrysander comes running up to him. His face a mix of anger and determination.

With a simple backhand, the man in front of me with the colourful features, knocks Chrysander to the ground, unconscious.

I would move to see if he is alright if I could. My feet are rooted to the spot. I'm paralysed. Well, my feet are. I can move the rest of my limbs just fine.

The man takes another step closer to me and looks me in the face.

"My my. The Devil wasn't exaggerating when he boasted you as quite the catch." His voice is deep and rumbling. It's not smooth and ear pleasing like the Devil's voice.

I don't say anything. Who is this guy anyway? What's with all this materialising here and there? First the Devil then Chrysander now this dude.

"Come with me little girl. I'll make all your dreams come true."

Who does he think he is? Santa Claus? My fairy god mother?

"Don't you dare lay a dirty paw on her Hades!"

I don't have to turn around to know that when you speak of the Devil, he turns up.

The Devil marches up to Hades from somewhere behind me. He glares at me slightly before opening the angry floodgates that are his dark maroon eyes at Hades.

Whoa. What did I do wrong? I was only answering nature's call. Is that so bad? Why glare at me for?

"Brother, it's not good to keep precious treasures all to yourself."

The Devil spits on the ground. "She is no treasure of mine." The floodgates open wider.

"Then why the sudden turning up huh? And what’s with the warm welcome? It's rude to treat your elders this way you know." Hades mocked the Devil with a smug look on his face.

Then the Devil starts laughing. I don't see what's so funny about two supernatural beings arguing…

"If I didn't know you any better, I'd say you were jealous, brother."

Hades snorted. "Hmpf. Just because you are lord of all chaos does not make you better than me, brother. So how in all the worlds do you think I am jealous of you?"

"Let me see, I'm better looking than you, smarter than you, more evil than you and hell definitely more sexier than you."

Ugh. Men. Or in this case, males.

"Yes, you were always God's favourite Villain. So how'd you do it, Dev, how'd you go from an Angel to the Devil? From His advocate to his enemy?"

"Don’t bring up history. You know how much I hate it."

"Ohoho! You do, don't you. You love to recall how you became evil out of your own doing and not through His original plan. That's why you corrupted the First two humans. Your anger got the better of you. You have no self-control."

"Shut up!"

"I was the orginal Villain! Not you! I condemn you to the Abyss! May you rot along with all the other human souls! Muahahahah!"

Ookay. Am I invisible or what? What are these two fighting about anyway?

"You'll never find a mate."

"What was that brother? I couldn't hear you?" mocked Hades.

"I-!" The Devil is stopped by the appearance of two other supernaturals.

"What in hell is wrong with chu two? Can't ya'll go a day without fight'in?" A black haired woman with dark skin and green eyes stands behind Hades and walks up to us.

"I see the problem. Hades is  jealous of the Devil's bitch."

"Say what?"

"I'm not jealous!" Hades glares at the blonde woman standing next to the other woman. She has blue eyes and fair skin. Both women are wearing matching cream coloured dresses and lots of gold jewellery. They had golden auras radiating from behind them.

"Demi-gods," scoffs the Devil.

"Scuse me, I think we deserve a little respect here," says the darker goddess.

"I mean, welcome to our showdown, Goddesses."

"Thank you. Much better."

"Now let's break up this fight. Okay Devil, you take her and go somewhere else and you, Hades, quit being jealous."

"I ain't jealous!" Hades crosses his arms.

Both goddesses roll their eyes and then leave.

"This is not the end, brother. We'll meet again." Hades' eyes rest on mine before he fades out along with his purple smoke.

"Rhea. I told you not to leave the classroom."

"Hey, all I wanted to do was answer nature's call. Looks like even that's not allowed."

"No I didn't mean that. But I suppose it's not your fault. You're only human." The Devil kneels to check on Chrysander.

Something about that last sentence makes disappointment settle inside my gut.

A/N: Hey y'all! Wassup? I know I haven't updated in a long time. Too many things to do, so little time. Argh.. Anyhow...Oooooh Hades and The Devil...a bit of sibling rivalry going on there! Hahaaha!

Sorry if this chapter does not make any sense. It's 1 am so I'm a little sleep deprieved. Sorry. Enjoy anyway!

Continue Reading