rise! leo x reader oneshots

By vanichee

[REQUESTS ARE CLOSED] This book contains a series of Leo x Reader stories. I hope you all enjoy reading it as... More

- summary of chapters -
|A Small Moment of Peace|
|Falling 4 U|
|Couldn't Find The Words|
| Night Light |
| Human Heater |
| Nocturnal Creatures |
| By the Kiddie Pool |
| The Bet |
| Lifelong Promises |
| Distraction and Distracted |
| Conversations |
| Cutting Tension like a Knife |
| Make Your Move |
| Eye Bags |
| Childish Ways |
| Doubts|
| Shared Responsibilities |
| Destined Soulmates |
| Tricks Up the Sleeve ~ Pt. 2 of Childish Ways |
| Routine |
| The Great Holiday Bucket List |
| Out of The Blue |
| Home |
| Drinking in The Praise |
| Curiosity ~ Pt. 2 of Home |
| Souvenir |
[ Unexpected Mornings ]
| A Second Chance ~ Pt. 2 of Shared Responsibilities |
| Loud and Clear |
| Leap of Faith |
[ New Bonds and Favorite Songs ]
| What Lies in The Dead Stars |
| Our Bodies Tell Stories |
| What The Bright Eyes See |
| A Little Distance Never Hurts |
| The Quick Deal ~ PT. 2 of Destined Soulmates |
| Night Disturbances |
| Mistletoe Magic |
| Rooftop Strangers |

| Our Signature Color and Occasional Getaways |

1.3K 40 4
By vanichee

!! (gn! reader) !!

[tw]: slight cursing
-
You weren't one to be in the middle of a snob party. But throughout your life, you had accumulated to get used to it.

Servers maneuvered around guests with silver platters balanced perfectly on their single arms. You were offered a glass of champagne earlier that evening but refused due to your age. Instead, you've been standing in a corner of the venue, grabbing appetizers from each platter that passed by.

You eyed the guest of this year's holiday charity event.

It was the same crowd of people as last year; the rich of New York City who pretend to pity anyone below them and try their best in helping them out.

Though drinking expensive beverages and eating away cocktails wasn't your idea of help.

You couldn't care less either way. You had only agreed to come for the sake of your parents, the ones who organized the whole ordeal.

Shivering, you looked down at your coat which had an ordinary shade to it. The family color is your only signature color.

You closed the opening of the woolen great with your arms, squeezing yourself as if the thin fabric would make you disappear.

God, you wished you disappeared. Maybe the universe could travel you directly to the Hamato Lair. Safely, in Leonardo's room.

The warm dimly lit chandeliers oddly brought you some form of comfort amidst all the raving conversations around you as you looked up.

You couldn't lie, the venue was beautiful. Holiday decor was placed throughout the building, spreading that bit of white Christmas magic.

"Enjoying yourself, young (L/N)?" a croaky small voice was heard and you looked down to directly where you had heard it. A mature woman stood next to you with a glass gracefully held by her slender hand. You've seen her before in past years and often make small talk, like family you only visit once a year for a holiday.

"It's the same every year, nothing to complain about, ma'am," you smiled weakly to her, showing your proper manners. You slightly cringed yourself, hearing your mother's voice in yours.

The woman hums, looks away, and sips her glass before speaking again, "It is, isn't it?" She turned her attention to you again and smiled softly, "but my dear, you don't seem to be enjoying yourself."

You prick up at her comment. She managed to read you like an open book. Nervously, you glanced away and exhaled through your mouth quietly, "I guess I'm not. I just—I'm tired of coming here every year. It doesn't feel... genuine. No offense to you ma'am," you chuckled slightly. The woman laughed as well, the white pearls on her neck shiny scarcely at the movement of her chest.

"I hear you, sweetheart. A family like yours is something so rare that we don't see it as so. It's become an everyday thing to attend such extravagant events. I understand we all need a break from it now and then," she glances your way again and sips her sparkling drink. You stared as she brought her rouge lips to the glass, cringing a little as she leaves a red stain on it.

You wished you had taken the offer of the champagne when presented with the opportunity.

Your phone vibrates through the coat and you rapidly went for it. You thought you had turned it off before arriving but to your astonishment, Leo had sent you a message.

Leon: hey can I call u right now or can it wait?
ykw?
I can't wait.
I've got an EMERGENCY on my hands and I need YOUR help
answerrrrrr noooooowwwww

You chuckled at your faintly bright phone screen. So, needy, you thought to yourself.

"The hallway to the left is empty, darling," the woman winked when you looked up.

You suddenly felt an ongoing buzzing in your hand and an incoming call from your mutant friend appeared on the screen. "Oh! Please forgive me! I have to make a quick call! It was a pleasure talking with you, ma'am!" the woman nodded as she waved goodbye and you made your way out of the main room where guests mingled, your dress shoes clicking on the polished glazed floor.

Your thumb swiped across the device and you brought the speaker slightly close to your mouth, shutting the door behind you, "Leo? Everything alright? I got your text."

"(Y/N), listen to me very carefully okay? This is life or death I'm talking about. Are Raph's cheesy Christmas Hallmark movies better than Lou Jitsu or are they on the same level of cringe but like in a good way?" Leo's voice was quiet and suspenseful at the other end of the line. You let yourself exhale, not knowing you had been holding your breath.

"Really, Nardo? I thought you killed somebody! Did you just bring me out of something important to ask me this stupid question?" you pinched the bridge of your nose.

"And you still haven't answered it. Come on, do you prefer watching Raph's awful movies with him or watching awful action movies with me?" You had imagined Leo calling you in front of his brothers to prove a pointless point.

You groaned, but couldn't help yourself from cracking a smile, "I don't have favorites. I enjoy both genres with the two of you, equally," that had felt like a lie. You knew that you would spend the most time with Leo than anyone else. It had been no secret. You're hidden feelings towards him certainly did not help either.

"Right, so I win. Case closed. No arguing," Leo declared loudly. Now you were sure he was with his brothers when you heard distant protests in the background, making you bite your lip from a laugh, "Are you planning on staying at your important something, or am I a good enough distraction to make you come over?"

You hummed, "I guess you are. So, you guys aren't busy right now?"

"Knew it. Need a get-out-of-jail card?"

"Hah, hah. Funny," you said dryly, "But, yeah. Just thought you would be better company than this."

"I am better company, huh?" he laughed at the other end.

"Don't push it, Nardo," you growled teasingly.

"(Y/N), the doors to the Lair are always open. You know that better than anyone. Plus, April."

"Right, I'll see you in 20. This place isn't far from you guys," you hesitated on ending the call, "Hey, Leo? Thanks. I'm happy you called."

It was silent and you thought for a moment he had already hung up. Then, his voice was heard again, this time softer, "Anytime, (N/N). I'll be here waiting."

-

Luckily, you were able to sneak away from the holiday party with ease.

Oddly enough, the city outside was much quieter than the obstreperous crowd inside the venue. The change made you smile as you huffed out a breath of the crisp air.

Your hands clutched the inside pocket of the coat. Though you were away from your family, a part of them still remained with you. You swayed yourself in place as the uneasiness of the thought consumed you.

You were glad your relatives didn't even bat an eye your way the whole night, you thought of yourself as lucky.

The colors of the coat contrasted with the colorful festive lights that decorated the city around you. Looking back one last time at the building behind, you walked quickly down the carpeted steps, away from snobby charity events.

Like you had said to Leo on the phone, the route to the Lair wasn't far. It was merely a ten-minute walk away. But the way out of the building without being seen took up much of your time.

Entering the Lair is always awkward in itself. You had to be careful of your surroundings and if you were ever caught going down, explaining the situation would be dreadful. Thankfully, you've managed to get through with no challenge. But the graceless feeling still lingered each time you visited.

You wondered if April had felt the same way.

In a strange delight, the Lair was warm and the air had a faint aroma of freshly baked goods. Seems like the Hamato family was in a festive mood that night. No doubt they enjoyed their evening unlike you hadn't.

In the distance, there was the slight sound of a fireplace crackling. How exactly is there a fireplace in the city's sewers?

Your shoes created an echoing sound throughout the main room as you spun around in hopes of running into someone. It was strangely quiet and empty, but you also haven't acknowledged how late it was when you arrived.

"Sporting the signature (L/N) color tonight I see. What's the event tonight?"

Your blue-masked vigilante friend stood against a doorframe, though, he didn't wear his familiar colored mask. All he had on was a pair of grey sweatpants. You judged that they had been yours because they seemed a little too short on him. You exhaled and smiled, not bothered by his sudden presence.

"How flattering, Leonardo. It was a charity event. Though, the head of the charity wasn't even present," you scoffed as Leo snickered, "Appetizers were great though, as always. Almost snuck a bottle of champagne on the way here."

You looked away, your attention now suddenly being on an awkward-looking Christmas tree, "Woah. What's that supposed to be?"

His eyes glided over to where you looked,"It's supposed to be our Christmas tree. Mikey and Raph decorated with Pops no doubt. I just helped make hot chocolate with Donnie."

You clicked your tongue, "Ah, so, April's coming too, or was I the only one you invited?" you made your way closer to him.

He laughs, "Well, no. I wanted to have you all to myself tonight," he winked, "Plus, everyone left to go see the Rockefeller tree. I wanted to wait for you."

You felt yourself prick up, "Hey, you—you didn't hafta do that. I've would've met you guys over there. I've got a personal driver remember?"

Leo's body was now standing straight and away from the doorway, "Yeah, I could've, huh? But, (Y/N), when was the last time we hung out together? Just me and you? Unless, of course, you wanted to be with everyone else?" He slouched, "Dang it, I should've asked first."

You giggled, walking closer to him and placing a comforting hand on his shoulder, "Lee, I'm more than happy to spend time with you. What do you have planned for us?"

He beamed and his eyes lit up, bouncing on the balls of his feet, "Well, I figured we'd watch awful Christmas movies while stuffing our faces with Mikey's chocolate chip cookies, or do you have anything to suggest?"

"Nope. It's perfect," you slipped off your coat, carrying it in your hand.

The coat would later than thrown on the ground of the projector room, surrounded by DVD cases of holiday movies and popcorn that somehow littered the floor. Loud laughter was the only thing heard in the Lair and it was peaceful.

Perfect night indeed.

-

+Bounus+

"I'm guessing you didn't have fun over at your parent's party, huh?"

You lifted a single eyebrow at Leo's question. His attention was torn away from the movie that played on the screen to his face. The warm blue blanket shifted slightly as did you.

"Nah, I was planning on hanging out with you guys today but plans change. I didn't want to let my parents down," you looked away sorrowfully.

Leo notices the change in your face and leans closed with his boyish face resting on his palm, "Why would you let them down? (Y/N), don't beat yourself up for the things that they expect you to do. That's not your duty. If you didn't want to go, you shouldn't have gone!"

You sighed. Leo continued, "(Y/N), you should know that I seriously love you but you needa learn to speak up for yourself."

"Yeah, but it's-"

"I know I know, it's what your parents would want. But tell me, (Y/N), what is it that you want?" he interrupted you but you hadn't mind. You were grateful.

You hesitated on your next words but your mouth seemed confident enough to move on its own, "You know what I thought back at the party? I wished to disappear. I wished to disappear and appear with you by my side. I wanted to stay with you and watch terrible movies together with your strangely comfortable pillows," you laughed.

"And look at where you are now. Under my old blanket with me, watching whatever the hell's playing right now," Leo snorted and it made you chuckle and look at the screen in front of you two.

"You look good in blue by the way."

His comment made you warm in the cheeks, eyes never leaving his. Thank God, the two of you were under a dimly lit blanket.

"Thanks, Leo. I have to admit, it's become a favorite color of mine," you brought the blanket closer over your head, pulling it slightly away from Leo.

His shit-eating grin was spread across his face, "Oh, I cannot wait to rub that in my brother's face. Does this mean I'm your favorite?"

"You know what? I take it back." you joked.

Leo's arms quickly tangle themselves around you, pulling you closer to his body, "Nope! You can't take back something like that! You just admitted to it now you gotta stick with it!"

And sticking to it was exactly what you planned to do.

~

I tried to challenge my writing style with this so I hope it doesn't look too strange! Thanks for reading and please continue supporting <3 This a reminder that requests are still open!

- vani

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 4K 21
I decided to publish my story from Quotev on Wattpad. So, enjoy the x reader for you and your captain Leo. ;) #2 in Donnie 1/29/2020 #30 in April 7/1...
6.2K 195 16
Everything isn't expected to go smoothly when the four turtles encounter Y/N, New York City's latest villain. So, how will they react when a particul...
153 6 4
You were a fashion model, he was a crime-fighting leader in blue. You and Leo shared a long past as friends back in highschool, hoping to grow even c...
202 1 10
My own take on the TMNT love story. No spoilers read to find out.