A Suicidal Teacher (Assassina...

By DazaiFyodorChuuya

Karasuma: Class, this is your new science te- Dazai: Hellooo~ Watashiwa Dazai, Dazai Osamu Dazai: Beautif... More

The First Encounter
The Path To 3-E
Meeting Class 3-E
Preparing for Midterms

Sushi Treat

1.1K 43 6
By DazaiFyodorChuuya

*italics for thoughts                                                                                            *Bold for author-chan's notes

                                                              Evening time                                                                                                           At the Sushi Restaurant                                                                                                             Nagisa POV

Both the men ended up taking us to the restaurant. Karma-kun is happily eating some of the most expensive sushi on the menu while me and Sugino are making sure we don't put much of a burden on Kunikida-san. I'm worried about Kunikida-san's wallet. I wonder how did Dazai-san convince Kunikida-san to take us kids to such an elegant and high-class restaurant. Karma, Me and Sugino were sitting on one side of the table and Dazai-san and Kunikida-san were sitting on the other side. Kunikida-san still looked quite angry, but Dazai-san paid no heed to Kunikida-san.  

(I asked internet-sensei for the plural form of sushi and internet-sensei said that sushi still remains as sushi so idk I'm just following that ( ̄▽ ̄)")

Kunikida: We have to return to work, Dazai, what kind of fool says, 'Oh what a fine river', and dives in headlong during work hours. Look what you've done! Now we're hideously behind schedule!

Kunikida-san said with a tsk, but Dazai-san just had his hands crossed under his chin and spoke in a quite teasing manner. His laid-back and carefree attitude along with the way he knew to press just the right buttons to annoy or anger anyone really reminds me of Karma-kun. They are quite similar in personality and Karma-kun seems to be aware of that as he smirked at every word Dazai-san uttered. Karma-kun seems to be enjoying their every conversation like it's a show of some sort. I sweat drop at that and Sugino seems to be in the same thought as I saw him sigh under his breath.

Sugino, muttering to himself: This seems like trouble already.

Dazai: You really do love your schedules, don't you Kunikida-kun?

Kunikida: This is not a schedule! These are my ideals!! The precepts that guide my entire life!! And nowhere does it advise partnering with a suicide afficionado!!

Kunikida-san slams his hand on the table while saying that. He was really mad and was yelling at Dazai-san. I tensed up and so did Sugino but Karma-kun just enjoyed while eating a sushi that makes me think Kunikida-san's wallet is trembling inside. Sugino and I both shuddered at the sight while beads of sweat made it on our faces. We thought things wouldn't get worse but then, Karma-kun just had to interfere.

Karma: Can I get this too?

Karma-kun grinned while pointing at the menu. His grin along with the innocent face he gave screamed danger which made my stomach stir up. I gulped in nervousness and checked what he was pointing at and Sugino also followed along. When we saw the price, we gasped in shock and froze. Karma-kun was pointing at the Lucky Direction Sushi roll which costs ¥12,839.89 per sushi. Kunikida-san was fuming in rage but speaks calmly to all of us. He doesn't seem to have realized what Karma-kun had just asked. Dazai-san gives us a look that says he is amused by Karma-kun's antics and smiles innocently.

(Luck Direction Sushi roll is actually a thing in Tokyo and actually costs the same price. If you convert it to USD, then it is 97 dollars per sushi so like it's damn expensive)

Kunikida: Silence, my financial ledger says nothing about 'feeding three teenagers all the sushi they want' either and no I'm not spending my money on that. Wait... WHY WOULD YOU ASK SUCH A THING!!! I'M NOT A BANK MY WALLET HAS A LIMIT!!! WHERE IS YOUR MANNERS BRAT?!!

Kunikida-san seems to have realized what Karma-kun was pointing at and screams in anger and shock. Karma-kun tsks and sticks his tongue out at Kunikida-san, which definitely further fueled his anger. I sympathize with Kunikida-san, who now has to deal with both Dazai-san and Karma-kun's waggishness. Dazai-san and Karma-kun seemed to have made a secret alliance to annoy Kunikida-san in their heads. These two together are big trouble.

Finally, all of our stomachs were full. I really felt like I wouldn't be able to eat sushi for months.

Sugino: I'm so full! Thank you for the food Kunikida-san and Dazai-san.

Sugino smiled warmly while patting his stomach. We had eaten way too much, courtesy of Karma-kun. Kunikida-san seemed to have calmed down due to Sugino's appreciative words and just nodded. It looks like Kunikida-san's anger had quelled down. I sighed in relief.

Me: May I ask, what kind of work do you do...?

Dazai: Oh, that? We're Detectives!

Dazai-san raises his finder while saying so. I had a blank look on my face and so did Sugino. Karma-kun looked intrigued by the topic and started to listen attentively.

Me: That is something hard to believe to be honest. I had never thought of that as their jobs. Sugino looks like he thinks the same. But detectives? It seems like a quite interesting job.

Karma: So, what? Do you like-

Kunikida: And when he says that... he doesn't mean we hunt down lost cats or wayward spouses. Our domain is the realm of more dangerous work. Have you ever heard of the 'Armed Detective Agency'? Home to those with unusual abilities.

I suddenly recall what I have heard about the 'Armed Detective Agency'. Karma-kun's face distorted to one of shock, before getting into deep thought, his usual mocking smirk out of his face. 

Me: I've heard rumors of this Armed Detective Agency. They specialize in cases that can't be handled by the police or the military. A twilight armed force right between the worlds of night and day located in a city known for its notorious criminals, Yokohama. I've heard that the Agency also has supernatural powers...

Sugino had drops of sweat on the back of his head, he still cannot believe what they said. Well, I can't blame him. Our gazes landed on the two men across us- one was writing immensely in his notebook, while the other was just smiling towards us.

Me: But does that go for these two?

Suddenly, Dazai-san looked out the window. There was a beautiful pond present with wisteria trees all over the area. It was created by the restaurant manager to give the place a good ambiance. He gasps in awe with sparkles in his eyes.

Dazai: That Pond looks rather deep... enough for a person to drown in.

Kunikida, scolding Dazai: Don't analyze if you can drown yourself in a place like this!

Dazai: No, I'm talking about the drowning health method. 

Kunikida: What the hell is that?

Dazai: What?! You don't know it? It's good for your muscles as it releases the tension out of it, which in turn increases the efficiency of the movement of your hands and legs. It even increases your lung capacity.

Kunikida: Oh really?! That would be perfect for me.

Dazai: You should definitely write this down!

Me: What does that even mean? I am confused.

Karma-kun snickers in the background which gave the hint that something bad is going to happen. I stare at Kunikida-san who is enthusiastically in his notebook while muttering to keep track of what Dazai-san said moments earlier. Dazai-san was also giggling so it really means this is going to end up badly.

Kunikida, muttering: Drowning... Health... Method... Is and effective method for...

Dazai: I'm messing with you.

Me: Oh no.

Kunikida-san snaps his pen in two and pounces on Dazai-san, strangling him by the neck and yelling at him on how stupid he is. This attracted a lot of attention from the other customers and workers. Sugino covers his face with his hands, embarrassed by the unwanted attention.

Me: Are they really part of the Armed Detective Agency?

Sugino and I sweat drop at the scene before us as Karma-kun bursts out laughing. He really seems to be enjoying this.

Me: W-Well then... What kind of case are the two of you working on?

Kunikida: HUH?!

Kunikida-san immediately snaps his head towards me, startling me. I think I shouldn't have asked anything. Kunikida-san was glaring at me as if he were to kill me any second and if looks could kill, I would be dead tenfold.

Me: S-Sorry! I really shouldn't have asked! That's right! Of course, your jobs are classified!

Dazai: Oh, it's an assassination mission in a school.

Dazai-san said so in his usual nonchalant manner but in a low voice so no one would here except for the four of us. The word 'assassination' clicked a ring of familiarity in Karma-kun, Sugino-kun and Me and the phrase 'in a school' got us on track on what Dazai-san meant. Kunikida-san looks at Dazai-san sharply and yells at him.

Kunikida: DAZAI!!! THIS MISSION IS CONFIDENTIAL! YOU CAN'T JUST-

Dazai: Kunikida-kun, there is no need to worry. Looking at their uniforms, they go to the same school and the same class I was assigned to go. 

Dazai-san turns towards us. He had a serious face and there was no trace of his previous jaunty smile. His fingers are on his chin in a thoughtful gesture.

Dazai: You three go to Kunugigaoka Junior High School and are part of Class 3-E. You have a mission to kill your teacher by the end of the school year, as in, by the month of March. You also named the creature who is also your teacher 'Koro-sensei' and have been training to be able to kill him. You even have the assistance of an assassin named Irina Jelavić and an agent from the Ministery of Defense named Tadaomi Karasuma. I'm right, aren't I? 

Karma: Yeah, that's right. So that's your new mission. Who would've thought we would meet up like this? ~

Karma-kun smiled tauntingly at both the males in front of us. Sugino and I are quite shocked by the revelation but Karma-kun seems to have recovered from it. So now we have the assistance of the Armed Detective Agency as well. Koro-sensei has another huge threat towards him.

Dazai: Yep, such a wonderful coincidence. Now I can know my students early on... how wonderful. I'm going to be your new science teacher so you can call me 'Dazai-sensei'. 

Dazai-sensei says, returning to his normal self, clasping his hands together and giving us a close eyed smile with sparkles around him. But I wonder how much of an assistance would Dazai-sensei be in our assassination mission. Since he is from the Armed Detective Agency, he must be quite smart and strong.

Kunikida: So, you're the kids Dazai is in charge of. Don't let him do anything unnecessary.

Me: Why does he say it as if we will have to take care of a child?

Sugino: Ah, wait. So, is only Dazai-sa- I mean Dazai-sensei going to be our teacher.

Sugino corrects 'san' to 'sensei' as he spoke. I can understand the confusion. Kunikida-san really seemed more of a teacher than Dazai-sensei.

Kunikida: Yes, I really had to take out time from my tight schedule so that he does his things properly and doesn't get lost trying another suicide attempt before even reaching the school but, since we have met you students, I hope you can take care of him in your classroom and make sure this idiot does not do anything out of the ordinary.

Sugino: I-I see. Ok then, you can count on us.

Sugino smiled hesitantly with a thumbs up. Dazai looks offended and turns his head away with his arms folded. He really is like a grown man-child. 

Kunikida-san pays the bill, which definitely touched the floor due to the number of items we purchased, and we exit the restaurant. I apologized to the manager for disturbing them by our commotion. 

Me: Arigatou Kunikida-san and Dazai-sensei. 

I bow down in respect and gratitude. Kunikida-san looks at me with slight shock but recovers immediately and Dazai-sensei smiles along, then puts his fist on his chest.

Dazai: Well, I brought you hear as your new sensei so no need to thank us okay.

Kunikida: And who paid for the food you bandage squandering machine!

Dazai-sensei really looked vexed by the nickname as he spoke in a defeated manner while clenching his chest.

Dazai: K-Kunikida-kun... you really didn't... have to say that... 

Karma sneered at the nickname and Sugino just sweat dropped. I giggled along, already getting used to their shenanigans.

Karma: Kukuku... Kunikida-san is quite good at giving nicknames. 'Bandage Squandering Machine', now that's iconic. I wonder if there are any other nicknames as well~

(Do you get the 'kukuku' reference? Pls comment if you do)

The laughter died down soon and it was time to split paths. I really needed to go home, or my mother will not spare me.

Me and Sugino: Sayonara! See you tomorrow.

Karma does not bother saying bye and just keeps his hands in his pockets. We then begin to walk our separate ways... or so we thought.

Dazai: It seems we need to go the same way.

Dazai-sensei smiles with dotted eyes. I sweat drop at that. We apparently have to go the same direction for a while before splitting up. The entire situation was quite an awkward one and many beads of sweat made it on my face as I look up nervously at the two tall men. Kunikida-san continues to keep his serious face and resumes walking with Dazai-sensei casually following him, while stretching his bandaged arms. Karma-kun walks with his hands behind his head and Sugino walks unsteadily, with uneasiness written all over his face. I stare at them before following along. Our assassination classroom is going to take another turn in its course, for the better or the worse.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Author-chan's Note:

Well chapter 2 is finally done. You might have noticed I have started writing longer paragraphs. Hope you like it!

Sayonara Kitties~ ✨✨

= ̄ω ̄=

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 5.3K 23
ONGOING ❦ This fanfic is an alternate reality of my other one called "The Marionette", in which Dazai came back into your life permanently. I recomme...
28.8K 1K 35
Do you remember how Ango was an undercover agent working for the government? What if there was an undercover agent at the Armed Detective Agency who...
56.9K 2.1K 52
-Dazai x Fem!Reader- (Trope:Friends to Lovers) Content may contain mentions of sexual/suggestive actions, violence (including abuse), language, suici...
9.5K 233 18
SOUKOKU. I haven't touched grass in hours 0//0 But anyways- TW: - suicide (duh💀) -smut (gets better as the story goes on) -self harm -gore - angst �...