Sweet as Honey (An OHSHC FanF...

By BubblesTheHippo

Honey meets a new girl. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Ch 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
BONUS!!!!!!

Chapter 14

2.4K 69 19
By BubblesTheHippo

"Hey, Rika-senpai! Rika-senpai!"

"What?" I turned around in the hallway to face the ever-so-enthusiastic twins. It was only second hour, and they were already so excited.

"What are you going to wear for the ball?" "Ball?!"

"Yeah!" The twins said, grinning and making a thumbs-up at me. "Don't you know that the Host Club is having a ball next Saturday?"

It was Friday. The day after that terrible incident.

"I don't have to go right?" I asked.

"Of course you have to!" Kaoru said.

"It's part of the contract." Hikaru said in a failed attempt of a whisper. Luckily, it seemed the nearby students were too busy chatting about the ball to hear.

I rolled my eyes. Honey and Mori were standing patiently by. We had been on our way to our next class.

"You guys can design a dress then." I said, though I had a feeling I'd regret it. I could hear them cheering and high-fiving as I turned around. "However!" I spun back with a glare while pointing at them. "Make it plain. No frills, no crazy neon and super bright colors, and no high heels. Also, the skirt has to be at least to my knees and not any shorter. Nothing too revealing either, and no hoop ring skirts or whatever those creepy things are called. Oh and no corsets or weird things like that."

"Okay, okay." The twins said, each clapping an arm on my shoulder. "Don't worry, Rika-senpai. We'll make a nice dress for you." They stared at each other, silenting communicating.

"Oh, I'm sure you will." I smiled at them while letting a dark aura surround me.

The twins froze and began stepping away. "Because you guys are sweet, little boys who do as told, yes?"

"Yes!" Then they left in a hurry.

I sighed. "Let's go to class, Honey." I fell into step next to the said boy. He'd been giving me that stare all morning. It was a calm and observant stare, as if he was just waiting for me to give something away.

"I already told you, Honey." I said quietly, so that only he could hear. "I'll tell you eventually what it all means."

"But your 'eventually' could mean years from now." He replied back, not looking my way.

"Well it won't be years. I can at least promise you that. Give me a few weeks, Honey. I'm not ready to tell you guys yet."

"Does that mean you don't trust us?" He glanced at me. It was that look again: watchful, calm, and thoughtful.

"No." I turned away. It felt like his gaze would drill the truth out of me. "I do trust you guys. It's just that... It's risky to tell you guys."

"Doesn't Kyoya already know though?" Honey asked as we reached the classroom.

I sighed, stepping in behind him. "Not the details at least. Besides, there's nothing I can do about that. I'd rather he not know. Like I said, give me a few weeks. A month would be nice."

"How about until summer vacation then?" He turned with a small smile.

Summer vacation was just about a month from now.

"Sure. Sounds good to me." I smiled back but it was fake. Tell Honey? Tell the entire Host Club? About the gang? And everything we had done? Everything I did?

There are some things I did in middle school that I'm not proud of. Things I'm ashamed of doing. Things I wish I could take back.

"You okay, Ri-chan?" Honey asked, putting back on that lolita-shota look with his flower producing grin.

"Yeah." Another fake smile.

Last year. After this, I'd be free.

"Crap!" I slammed my hands on the table I was standing by before slumping down into a nearby couch. It was after school at Music room 3, and Haruhi was learning how to dance for the upcoming ball.

"What?" Hikaru asked, turning away from watching Haruhi practice.

"Next Saturday?" I turned to Kyoya since he knew the most. "The ball is next Saturday, right? At what time?"

"It starts at seven in the evening." Kyoya replied without looking up from his laptop. "Is there a problem?"

"Well problem one is the fact that no one told me about the ball." I said, crossing my arms. "Until the twins. And second, my mom comes home that day."

"Woah! your mom!" The twins turned to me.

"I don't see how that could be a problem." Kyoya said. He stopped typing whatever it was on his computer and looked up at me.

"Well," I sighed. "I don't see my mom often so I'd like to be at home with her. She'll probably be gone before Monday."

"Oh such great love for your mother!" Tamaki cried out, twirling over towards us.

"I wouldn't exactly call it love, Tamaki." I replied wryly, leaning back into the couch.

"Why not, Ri-chan?" Honey plopped down next to me. He had an entire platter of some cake with him. "Want some cake?"

"Sure! What kind?" I sat up, leaning towards what looked like a chocolate cake.

"I think it's called Black Magic Cake. It has dark chocolate in it." Honey offered me a fork and a grin.

"Dark chocolate's the best!" I dug into the cake with a smile then took my bite.

Hm...

It was pretty good, though some of the chefs for Hayashi Sweets could make a better cake. It seemed to be missing something though.

"There's not a lot of dark chocolate to it." I said, ignoring the usual, noisy antics between the twins and Tamaki. "I think if it added... some coffee cream and dark chocolate bits. Yeah, it'd add a more bitter taste to it."

"Ri-chan must be a baking genius, huh?" Honey smiled. It wasn't his usual smile. He seemed more weary of me. I sighed quietly. Maybe I should just tell Honey as soon as possible so that everything would return to normal.

"No. I've just been baking since I was young. Kimiko too, but she's not very interested in baking sweets. She thinks they're fattening."

"You should bake us some more cake, Ri-chan!" Honey grinned. I smiled.

"Okay!"

"Oi, aren't you forgetting something Rika-senpai?" Kaoru asked. I turned to him with a raised eyebrow. Did I forget something?

"Do you have any problems at home, Rika-chan?" Tamaki asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. His eyebrows were furrowed and he looked genuinely worried.

"Not really," I shrugged. Honey was watching with an innocently curious expression. I sighed again. "So do I have to be at the ball?"

"Of course. You are part of the Host Club now." Kyoya replied.

"Hm..." I rested my cheek in my hand.

"It'll be fun, Ri-chan!" Honey said. I smiled at him. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to join the Host Club... "Plus we always get a great deal of profit from events like these." Kyoya added nonchalantly.

Crap. "Okay. I'll be there."

The weekend passed peacefully enough. Kimiko went out with a bunch of friends. She was still pursuing that dude. What was his name? Gah, whatever. She'd known him since high school. She was probably in his friend-zone, so I thought she should just give up.

And it's not like Kimiko isn't popular. She's gotten her fair share of confessions. I don't really get why she wants that guy.

Whatever. Not my business.

I went over to Honey's house on Sunday and sparred with Chika. He was good, probably as talented as his older brother.

After that, we ate some cake at the kitchen. Chika hung around, but he didn't seem to like sweets much. "There you are Chika!"

I turned to the doorway. Then I blinked. Huh? A younger Mori? He had Mori's black hair, short and spiky, and gray eyes.

The kid turned to me and then grinned. "Hello! I'm Morinozuka Satoshi! Nice to meet you!"

I nodded at him and smiled. "Hayashi Rika. Nice to meet you."

Satoshi looked at me then at Honey. Then he smiled, looked at me and then at Honey. "I see." He grinned and seemed to hum a tune quietly. "I see. Let's go, Chika."

"Wh-What? No wai-" Satoshi ignored Chika's protests, dragging the boy out of the room.

"Mori's younger brother?" I turned back to Honey.

"Yup."

"Wow. They look alike." Unlike Kimiko and me. We don't look like sisters at all.

"Where's Mori then?"

"Kendo practice!"

We chatted like this for a while before I left. Honey had seriously put the Zoro figurine on his desk. It was cute.

And like this, another week of school began.

Monday's hosting, a crowd of boys appeared at the doors. I could hear the customers talking outside, waiting to be let in.

"Is it really okay letting boys enter the Host Club?" "Well there's that slut Hayashi girl now, so yeah."

Slut? Really? Wow, that's stupid. Does that mean the Hosts aren't like that? But I am? So stupid. Soooooo stupid!

I was leaning against the door listening quietly. I could hear the guys' voices too.

"She is not a slut!"

"Yeah! Hayashi-dono is the cutest!"

"Prettiest!"

"And smartest girl in the school!"

"You guys are just pervs and pedos."

"Yeah, you only like her cause she looks like a kid."

"Well what about you girls who like Honey-senpai?" A guy again. I was starting to worry that a riot might break out. That'd be troublesome.

"Yeah! Honey looks as much like a kid as Hayashi-dono does!

Do I have a fan club? Hehe, that'd be cool. Except it might be troublesome too.

Nah, impossible. That's way too manga-like to be true.

"What are you doing, Rika-senpai?" Haruhi asked, passing by with a tray of cookies and tea.

"Shh," I put a finger to my lip and smiled at her. Then I pointed at the door.

"She has no right to join the Host Club!"

"Yeah, she's probably trying to get our handsome Hosts."

"What a bitch."

...

That's some dirty language.

Well, I swear too, but I thought ladies of elite families would have cleaner mouths. I turned to Haruhi and saw her eyes had widened.

"Maybe we should hurry up and open the doors." She whispered.

I nodded, following after her. My position was to the left side. Time for hosting again! "Welcome ladies! And gentlemen!"

I wonder if Kyoya's regretting having me join the Host Club...

The boys I'd heard did come and sit with me. Only Chiyo was here today, since the others had some things to do.

"Hayashi-dono!" There were three boys, all looking excited and eager. "It's an honor to meet you! I'm Okumura Atsuo, president of the Hayashi Rika Fan Club!" He had short cropped light brown hair, dark gray eyes, and seemed really tall. He bowed deeply and grinned.

What? OMG, can I predict the future now?

I smiled. "It's nice to meet you. I'm glad I get to meet you guys."

Okumura Atsuo's eyes shone, and he nodded vigorously before sitting down.

"This is great!"

"Hayashi-dono, I'm Nozaki Ikuma! Vice president!" The next guy had slightly longer black hair, reaching towards his shoulders nearly. Curly strands hung over his forehead. He also had glasses that glistened quite similarly like Kyoya's and was tanner than the others. He bowed then took a seat next to the president.

"And I'm Asahara Genta! The treasurer." This boy looked younger than the previous two. He grinned. He had bright blond hair and pale green eyes.

"There's a Hayashi Rika Fan Club?" Chiyo asked, sitting next to me with her legs crossed. She smiled pleasantly. She was the only girl here now.

"Yup!" The three boys chorused.

"How come I don't know about it then?" She pouted. "After all, I'm Rika-senpai's greatest fan!" Then she hugged me.

The three boys gasped. Then the second guy, Nozaki Ikuma, bowed at Chiyo.

"Please join our club then!"

"I'd love to!" Chiyo grinned. "Don't you think Rika-senpai is just soooo cute?!"

She rubbed her cheek against mine, very much like the twins.

"She is!" Asahara Genta said, clasping his hands together.

"Cuter than the pictures!" Atsuo shouted.

"Definitely!" Ikuma agreed.

"Pictures?" I said. The three boys glanced at me and smiled sheepishly.

"Yeah, the Hitachiin twins were selling them." Atsuo said, showing me a collection of photos. I took them, glancing through them quickly.

They were pictures of me! Pictures of me in class reading, sleeping, and staring up front. What?! Where did these pictures come from?! It wasn't just that. There was even a picture of me dressed up in that maid uniform smiling.

"Wh-What? Since when? Where?" I glanced around and found the twins, who were sitting with their guests and talking cheerily.

Those twins! I haven't even gotten my revenge on them yet for that spider thing! Hmph. I'll just add this to the list of crimes they have committed. Though I don't doubt that Kyoya had a role in this too.

"Aw, Hayashi-dono really is adorable!" Atsuo squealed.

"That flustered face!" Ikuma said.

"It's priceless!" Genta shouted. They looked like they were in heaven. Or on drugs.

"Ta-Take them back," I thrust the pictures at Atsuo who still had that blissful look on his face. "Chiyo, did you know of this?"

"Hm?" Chiyo had the same dazed-out, delighted look. "Of course, Rika-senpai. I bought every picture available. I'm going to put them in my scrap book, Rika-senpai. Would you like to see it when I'm done?"

"Uh. No thanks."

What is this? Have I somehow fallen into the realm of manga and anime? Nah. Impossible. I'll let this thing slide. For now.

I asked the boys about their club and other things. It turned out Ikuma also played soccer for the school, and Genta loved anime. That was cool.

I sighed once the room was quiet again. This was going to be a long week. And it was. The ball required preparations. Kyoya dumped a load of the work on me. I had to go through orders for food, diningware, outfits, and music. Of course we needed a live orchestra. The Host Club just couldn't settle with a CD.

And then it was Friday. We had the day off from hosting since the ball was on Saturday. Plus all the Host Club guests were busy picking out their dresses. They'd probably spend a million yen on one dress and then never wear it again.

As for me...

check out the dress, Rika-senpai!" The twins said, tossing me a plastic package. I caught it and pulled out the outfit within.

A simple white top, with slightly puffed out sleeves and a simple enough design. The attached black skirt had green vines and red roses crawling over it from the front left side to the back. It didn't seem too short either.

"Nice, twins." I grinned at them. "You finally did something good."

"So mean."

The twins said, pouting and hugging me.

thanks!" I hugged them back. "It's nice."

Then Friday evening when I was in my room reading, I started hearing noises. I poked my head out of my room. "Azumi?"

She was by my side in less than a minute. "Yes, Rika-sama?"

"What's with all the noise?" I could hear some clanging in the kitchen, and there were servants everywhere. Mops, rags, and buckets filled with water covered the first floor. Another maid was further down the hallway with a vacuum.

"It'd be best if you stayed in your room this evening, Rika-sama." Azumi replied with a strained smile. "We must prepare for your mother's arrival."

"Oh." I opened the door fully. "When is she coming back?"

"Tomorrow. Her plane will land at eight. She should be home by nine in the morning. You will be there to greet her, won't you?"

Why did it have to be so damn early in the morning?! Why couldn't she come home at eight in the evening? I sighed. "Hopefully. But, um, are you guys going to clean all night?"

"Yes." Azumi nodded with another smile. She seemed really stressed out. Even if I wasn't particularly fond of her (since she was my mom's spy) I really felt like she could use a break.

"Would it help if I wasn't around?" I asked carefully.

"What do you mean, Rika-sama?" Azumi replied.

"Like, what if I stayed over at a friend's house for today?"

Azumi turned to look at the water-coated marble floors. Maids were mopping furiously. Some were on their knees cleaning. Poor people...

Finally, she sighed. "Perhaps it would help. But you haven't even had dinner yet. And who would you go to?"

"Honey." I said immediately.

She stared at me, holding my gaze. I smiled. "That will be alright, right Azumi?

Their house is big. I'm sure they'd have a spare room for me to spend the night."

"Wouldn't you be inconveniencing others then?"

"That's true. But," I watched as the head maid came over, directing some to go downstairs. A butler joined the head maid, and they began talking. "I don't think I'd be able to sleep through all of this, Azumi."

"When will you return tomorrow then?" Azumi asked, following me into my room. Yes! That meant she agreed!

"When I wake up?" I offered, reaching for my duffel bag.

"But that could be eleven or twelve, Rika-sama!" Azumi said, exasperated. "You wouldn't let your mother wait that long, would you?"

"Okay. Ten-thirty?" I opened my closet.

"Kimiko-sama will be returning at ten in the morning, Rika-sama." Azumi said.

"What? Onee-san's going some where else too?"

"Yes. She's going to stay over at a friend's house too. A female friend though. And she promised to be here by ten."

"Okay then." I smiled at Azumi. "I'll be here at ten."

"Please be careful then. And try not to inconvenience others." Azumi bowed at me.

"Yes. thank you, Azumi." I smiled softly and nodded at her.

Then she left the room. It seemed that I was going to have my second impromptu sleepover with Honey.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 5.2K 21
He met her at a club, bought her and their new lives begins! Kaneki x Touka AU love story!
182K 4.6K 44
Ouran Academy, an elite school filled of with the kids of the elitist Japanese kids and a hand full of scholarship students. As Haruhi Fujioka stumb...
171K 5.7K 33
•Fanfiction• The Ouran highschool host club suddenly has a new member entrusted to them. The principal is a friend of the wife of Pubert Addams. Thei...
622K 22.8K 41
We all know Mitsukuni Haninozuka, also known as Honey-senpai, right? Well have you heard of Tomoyo Haninozuka, Honey-senpai's little sister? A first...