Lily Daly - My baby girl

By ew02598

Lily Daly. The 13 year old in foster care who has a passion for football. What will happen when her best frie... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
UPDATE

chapter 9

2.7K 48 13
By ew02598

Due to the fact of both Millies having the same name, if they are both in the chapter they will be referred to as: Millie Bright will be referred to as Millie Bright, Brighty, and Millie Turner will be referred to Turner, MT, or just Millie (i haven't fully decided on Millie Turner's name yet haha)

_________________

I woke up to the sight of bright lights beaming in my bedroom as a result of my mum opening my curtains.

"Morning kiddo, sorry to wake you but we have a busy day ahead of us" she said in a very cheerful voice despite it being 7 am. I sat up in my bed and rubbed my eyes as she placed a kiss on the top of my head.

"What time do we have to leave then?" I said excitedly after realizing what was going to be happening later that day.

"In about an hour so you have time. Also, Millie has made you breakfast so come downstairs and eat, then you can get ready; Alright?" I nodded my head in agreement and quickly checked my phone before following mum downstairs.

It had been a few days since I had moved in with my mum, and everything was going really well. Mille had now moved back in and she is so much nicer than I expected and even funnier than my mum, which I didn't think could happen; they are happy which makes me happy for them. I have new clothes and mum makes sure I have everything I could ever want which I something I am grateful for and still getting used to. Mum has put me on facetime with her best friend Millie a few times as well as which was really funny and exciting. Millie Bright reminds me a lot of Daisy and it makes me miss her, but we text pretty much every day so it makes up for it.

I made my way downstairs and was met with the smell of Millie's famous eggs and her cheerful face that matched mums.

"Morning sleepy head" she said all chipper

"Morning, how in the world are you and mum both so cheerful at 7 in the morning?" I asked whilst rubbing my eyes.

"Because of a thing called coffee" mum said as slid me a cup full.

"Perfect, your famous eggs I see" I said peering my head into the pan on the hob.

"Yes well, it's actually Mollie Greens recipe but i will take the credit!" she said causing us all to giggle.

Whilst we all tucked into breakfast, the topic of conversation was the fact that I was allowed to come with mum to training today at the Aston Villa training grounds to watch her train and maybe have a kick about. Mum had seen me play football in the garden and I had played 1v1 with both Millie and Mum and played well against them, so to say I was excited was an understatement. I wasn't at school yet due to the fact of it being midterm and me still settling in at home, this meant that the events of this day were going to become pretty normal. Since I was quite an academic person anyway, I just did workbook stuff to keep up with my grades and as I was in y9 it didn't affect my future that much.

Once I had finished my food, I left mum and millie talking whilst I got ready. Mum told me to wear comfy clothes that if I were to end up doing anything active I would be happy to wear; this led me to choose some plain black leggings, a blue tank top over a white sports bra, and one of my mum's spare team hoodies. I made myself look a bit more presentable by applying some light makeup (mascara, brow gel, lip gloss, etc) and scooped my hair into a high ponytail. I packed a backpack containing all of the stuff I would need to do my school work, as well as any other extra bits like some snacks, water and my phone. By the time I came back downstairs, millie had already left and my mum was waiting by the door on her phone.

"Aw nice jumper" she said causing us both to smile. "All ready?"

"Yep, think so at least" with that being said we made our way to the car and started the hour-long journey.

Thankfully my mum had already told everyone close to her about me, as well as releasing a statement to her fans. This meant that I didn't have to worry about people's reactions to the situation, instead just their reactions to me as a person. It felt surreal that only a few weeks ago I was living with awful people that I called my foster parents in a horrible environment only dreaming of things that my life now untailed. We pulled into the car park and i could feel the butterflies in my tummy. Mum noticed this and helped me calm down so that we could make our way into the building.

When we walked in, i was greeted by numerous smiley faces. Mum introduced me to a few member of staff as well as Carla Ward. The first one of mums teammates i met was Hannah Hampton.

"Hey, you are lily right?" She said with a welcoming smile on her face.

"Yes, its amazing to meet you" I said a bit starstruck.

"Its amazing to meet you too, how is Rach treating you then?" She said causing us both to chuckle.

"Good, its nice to be reunited again" I said truthfully. We carried on talking about football and the match were i first met Rachel, until i was dragged away by mum.

I got led to a room that housed a tv and multiple tables and chairs. Here sat practically the whole team, so i took a deep breath and started the introductions. Thankfully my mum stayed by my side and helped me as it became quite overwhelming. Most of the girls went and sat with my mum whilst a few others came and dragged me away to another table; those consisted of Anna Pattern, Olivia McLoughlin, and Laura Blindkilde.

"So tell us about yourself then?" Anna started off by saying.

"Well my mum is Rachel Daly, we only just reconnected, i play football... that's kind of it" I said not knowing what she really wanted me to say.

"Fun, what position do you play?" Olivia asked.

"Um.. i can play anywhere really; defense, forward, midfield, even if goal if needed." The girls face were confused and excited.

"Really?" Anna said in a shocked tone. I nodded in response.

"Why do you all look Mini Daly has just told you the biggest secret on earth?" said a voice behind me as they put their hands on my shoulders. I looked up and it was a familiar face from earlier, Hannah.

"Lily was just telling us how she could replace any of us, even you" Laura said with a chuckle.

"Oh really guess we will have to fact check that later then" hannah said.

"I don't have my boots with me plus i am no where near as good as you guys" I said looking each one of them in the eye as i spoke.

The conversation carried on for a little while before they said their goodbyes so they could go and train. My mum came over an told me that i could stay in here and do my school work, and if i needed anything to go and find a staff member or ask Ruesha as she was doing rehab in the gym. And that was that, i was left to my own devices in the aston villa training grounds with the womens first team, what was my life?

The work that I had to do was a few pages of maths equations, which were really easy, a poster on tropical rainforest, again easy peasy, and read a chapter of the book I am studying in English, and again really easy! I had completed all my work and was now just reading extra chapters of the book so that I was ahead giving myself more free time in the future, when Ruesha walked in.

"How's your school work going little one?" She said letting her Scottish accent show.

"Well I mean i have finished it all and am now at the point where I am doing extra to fill time, so I would say alright" I said with a chuckle.

"Wow yep I'll give you that one! I am done with my rehab and was going to go and watch the girls, coming?" With that being said we made our way out the training pitch to watch.

I liked Ruesha, she was funny yet serious and made me feel like I could go to her with any problems I ever had.

Out on the pitch, everyone was taking part in some mini matches. I loved watching them all play and it inspired me to continue to follow my dream. I also loved watching my mum play, even when I knew she wasn't my mum. Her versatility and technique is amazing, and I am honoured to be her daughter. Me and Ruesha stood on the sidelines and watched on whilst making small talk on her injury as well as my football and future. Once their practice had finished, my mum ran over to me and came to hug me.

"As much as I love you, you are sweaty" I said in disgust causing my mum and Ruesha to laugh. To make matters worse, my mum decided to bear hug me which I tried to escape but gave up in the end.

"So Lils have you finished all of you work?" I nodded in reply

"Yep and extra" Ruesha added in.

"Cool then do you mind having a kick about with some of the girls, they wouldn't shut up about it during training!" Really they wanted to kick about with me..

"Um sure, but I don't have my boots with me"

"Yes you do, they are in the car. I will go and get them for you" my mum said as she jogged off to the car.

When she returned I quickly put them on and joined the girls on the pitch. I think I ended up playing all of them in 1v1s as well as playing in almost every position possible. I did pretty well and laughed lots as well. I could tell this was going to be a place that I would spend a lot of time and I was happy about that.

"Mini Daly you are good" Hannah said to me whilst the other girls said there goodbyes and headed to the boot room.

"Why thank you, it's in the genes" i said causing us both to chuckle.
"Is that your new nickname for me then, Mini Daly?" She nodded in agreement,
"Well then you need a nickname as well. Hamps it is!"
We both laughed at our new nicknames and continued our conversation into the boot room where i met back up with my mum.

She was stood talking with a member of staff and i didn't think anything of it until she signalled for me to join her. She looked invested in the conversation yet excited about what it told.

"Lily this is Emma. She works with the development squads and has something to ask you?" I shifted my attention from my mum to the nice looking lady stood across from her.

"Hi lily, I was watching you play outside and was wondering whether you wanted to come for a trial with the U14s development team?" My face shot is with excitement.

"Wow, it would love that" I said attempting to get some words out.

"Great I will arrange with your mum when and where and I'll see you then" me and mum thanked her before she left and then we both hugged as a celebration.

I was living with my mum after 13 years of not knowing who she was, in a lovely house and not to mention she is the Rachel Daly, I have been asked to trial for the Aston Villa Girls Development U14s squad, and had just met and played with some of my all time hero's! What has my life become....

__________

Hope you like this longer chapter!! Please let me know what you want see as I have a few ideas but always want your input. Thanks for all the reads and votes!! Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.9K 1.8K 43
Seventeen-year-old Evie Warner is the next big thing. Everyone is talking about her. She's just won the Euros and she couldn't be happier. She feels...
42.5K 979 36
*coming soon* Start date: 08/09/2023 End date: ????
29.5K 764 23
My name is Esther Williamson but everyone calls me Tess... ...I'm fourteen years old and live in Milton Keynes - oh and I'm also Leah Williamson's si...