Rebirth of Faye

By Song_smile

Her simple life was being abandoned by her parents and tossed away by the one she loves for a single person w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Notice Not A Hiatus
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72 (End)
Author's Note/Notice!
Side Story: Janine's Expected Love Part 1
SS: Janine's Expected Love Part 2
SS: Janine's Expected Love Final Part
Side Story: Lake's Overcoming Love Part 1
SS: Lake's Overcoming Love Part 2
SS: Lake's Overcoming Love Part 3
SS: Lake's Overcoming Love Part 4
SS: Lake's Overcoming Love Final Part
Side Story: Ian's Long Love Part 1
SS: Ian's Long Love Final Part
SS: The Missing Past Part 2
SS: The Missing Past Final Part

Side Story: The Missing Past Part 1

2.6K 47 0
By Song_smile

Faye opened her eyes to find herself all alone again. He didn't come back home tonight again. The room was so big and empty. The pattern scheme for the room was a basic gray and a hint of light blue since Parker didn't like crazy colors. Faye sat up and reached for her phone to see no texts or calls from Parker. She opened her phone before sending a text to Parker, asking him why he didn't come home last night. She sat there waiting for his reply as he had read it. She waited for a few minutes before she got off the bed. She coughed while she held her chest. She thought she should hurry and take her pills.

A few minutes later, she got dressed and ready for the day as she was taking her pills. Finally, a text arrived as she read it. It was a simple reply, "Work."

She then texted back to ask if he was coming back tonight and was answered with, "Who knows."

Faye forced a smile on her frown as he barely came home. She looked around the empty house as she hated being alone inside the quiet house. After getting married, Parker told her to quit her job and stay home. So, she just stayed home most of her days and made food that she hoped Parker would like.

Since he said he may come home tonight, she should cook him some food so that when he comes back home, there will be food for him to eat. She left to buy some groceries to make the food.

She felt like walking to help her improve her health back, so she didn't have the driver driving her. As she was walking, she noticed the bulletin board. It showed Robert Long's famous tea called everlast. She really did like his tea and had to remember to buy some again. She continued her way to the market until she noticed a beautiful coffee shop. She stopped and looked at it.

"Oh, hello. Come in and have some of my coffee," Janine said with a bright smile as she was opening the doors.

"Oh. Maybe next time," Faye said with a kind smile. "Well. I hope so," Janine cheerfully said. Faye smiled and continued her way.

"Sis, what are you doing?" Ian said from inside. "I was going to put this plant outside, but then I met a customer," Janine said, setting the flower pot down outside the door.

"Well, I don't know how to make coffee. You really should hire people," Ian said.

"Yes. Coming," Janine said, entering back. "What did I tell you? Don't carry heavy things, especially when you are expecting," Vincent said, appearing behind her.

"It's fine. It's just a small plant," Janine tried to assure him. Vincent stared at her and her tummy. "Okay. Okay. Stop fussing," Janine said before pulling him to kiss his cheek.

"You really should hire some people," Vincent said, worried about his wife. "Don't worry, I'll be fine on my own. I have been doing this for so long. I'm fine," Janine said, not worried.

"What's your plan when your baby arrives?" Ian said, setting the cups down. "You know I just help out a little bit when I have time," Ian said. "Um, I guess I'll temporarily close the shop," Janine said. Ian and Vincent were surprised. "Are you sure?" Vincent said. "Yes. Don't worry," Janine said with a smile.

_____

Faye left the market with two bags full of groceries as she was walking through the park. She started to hear a small whimper. She turned her head to see a little boy on his butt as he was looking at his knee by the big water fountain. She headed toward the little boy and set her bags down.

"Hi there, are you okay? Did you lose your parents?" Faye asked before bending down to his level.

The little boy looked up with tears in his eyes before saying, "I fell, and it hurts." He showed her his banged-up right knee.

"Aww, you poor thing. Here, let me blow on it, so it doesn't hurt as much," Faye said, leaning down to blow on his knees. "Better?" she said.

"It's okay," he said quietly, wiping his tears.

"Here, let me see if I have any bandaids," she said before digging into her purse and bags. "Sorry, I don't have anything, but I do have a handkerchief," Faye then wrapped her handkerchief around the little boy's knee. "How's that?" she asked.

"T-thank you," he said shyly. Faye smiled before picking him up to make him stand on his own two feet.

"So, where are your parents? Did you lose them?" Faye asked.

"No, my daddy is working," he answered.

"Then why are you here all by yourself?" Faye said. "Well, daddy is too busy with work to take me to go play, so he told the bodyguards to take me instead," the little boy answered. She then thought he must be from a rich family.

"Well, where are your bodyguards?" Faye said, looking around to see no one in sight.

"I-I ran away from them...," the little boy said quietly.

"What? Why?" Faye said, still squatting down. "Well, I wanted to play over here, but they didn't want me to, so I went when they weren't looking," he said, looking down at the ground.

"You shouldn't do that. It's not safe to be by yourself. They probably didn't want you to fall into the water fountain. They must be worried sick," Faye said.

"I'm sorry," the little boy said, very sad.

"It's okay, but don't do it next time. Come now, let's go find them," Faye said, standing up and holding her hand out, waiting for him to grab her hand. He looked up to see her smiling. It made his heart feel warm. He smiled before taking her hand.

"So, it's just you and your daddy?" Faye said, casually as the little boy stopped. "Hm? What's wrong," Faye said, looking down before squatting down again.

"I don't have a mommy," he said quietly.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Faye immediately felt bad and went to hug him. "I'm sorry," she said again.

"Here, take this as an apology from me," Faye handed him a black bead bracelet. "This is my favorite bracelet. I had this for so long ago. It always helps me feel at peace and happy whenever I have it, so please take care of it for me," she said.

"O-okay," he smiled, forgetting about being sad. "Okay, let's go," Faye said, picking him up. He never felt a human warm before or someone picking him up. It felt quite nice and comfortable.

"Do you see them?" Faye asked, causing him to stop looking at her.

"Over there," the little boy pointed at a couple of men in black suits, searching around.

"Okay. You better head back, so you don't get yelled at," Faye said, setting him down. The little boy nodded his head but didn't leave. "What's wrong?" Faye asked.

"Can I meet you again?" the little boy said quietly.

Faye's eyes were surprised before she smiled and said, "Of course."

"Then... Can we meet tomorrow here at the same time?" He looked up at her.

"Aww. Of course," she said, feeling great warmth. "Okay, you better hurry off now," she said as the boy ran off before stopping and looking back at her. She waved goodbye and thought it would be nice if she and Parker had kids before heading home.

That night, Parker didn't show up again as Faye ate by herself and went to bed alone again.

_____

"How was your day at the park?" Leo said.

"I-it was great!" the little boy said. "Can't wait to go again tomorrow!" the little boy said, super excited. Leo raised one of his eyebrows. "Um, dad, can I go to my room now?" the little boy said.

Leo nodded his head as the boy skipped his way up the stairs.

"What happened today to make him so happy?" Leo asked the bodyguards.

"Um..., we are not sure," the bodyguards answered. Leo sat there, thinking. He had adopted this boy two years ago for heritage reasons since he wasn't planning on getting married. However, he hadn't made any progress with him as the boy wasn't very open like him. So, it was hard to communicate with each other. They were fond of each other's presence and felt attracted to each other but still haven't fully connected. Leo has been trying to get him closer to him, as it was still awkward since the little boy knew that he wasn't really his dad. However, Leo was surprised to see the little boy to be very happy and even smiled at him. Leo felt that he should go see what he is going to do tomorrow.

The little boy took off the handkerchief and asked the maid to wash it and bring it back to him. He pulled out the black bead bracelet from his pocket and held it as he smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 636 29
She had everything she ever wanted in her life. She had a wonderful man who truly loved her. A tragedy comes and took him from her. What will she do...
19.1K 753 14
Synopsis: Zerhica grew up in a very wealthy family. She was used to a kind of life where she could get anything but all her life, all she ever wanted...
Reunited By Rebecca

General Fiction

265K 10.6K 29
She had always felt like an out cast, she knew her family hated her but she didn't understand why. maybe it was because they never truly wanted her...
14.9K 560 6
Note: Please refrain from controversial remarks and comments. This story is not written to offend any religion and culture. If you cannot digest it...