Transport Into Detective Cona...

By Classya8

Kaiya Matsuki finds herself in the Detective Conan world! Join her as she journeys through the world. More

Character Profile
Chapter 1: Arrival
Chapter 2: Shopping With Yukiko
Chapter 3: Grocery Store Mystery
Chapter 4: Ding Dong Dash
Chapter 5: DJ and Eddie P
Chapter 6: Teitan High School
Chapter 7: Haido Central Hospital
Chapter 8: The Awakening
Valentine's Day OVA! ❤️(filler episode)
Chapter 9: The Mysterious Packages
Chapter 10: Raiha Pass
Chapter 11: Celebration for Eisuke
Chapter 12: Subaru Okiya vs Shinichi Kudo: Deduction Match!
Chapter 13: Murderer, Shinichi Kudo!
Chapter 14: The Disappearing Fish on Ikkaku Rock
Chapter 15: Teito Bank
Chapter 16: The Department Store
Chapter 17: PB&J and Holmes' Revelation
Chapter 18: Akemi's Apartment
Chapter 18: Deduction Showdown At the Hotel
Chapter 19: The Crow's Talons
Chapter 20: The Shadow Approaching Haibara's Secret
Shuichi Akai's Birthday!
Chapter 21: The Mystery Train
Chapter 22: Bourbon Figures It Out!
Chapter 23: Enter Shukichi Haneda!
Chapter 24: The Scarlet Pursuit
Chapter 25: The Kyoto School Trip
Christmas OVA!
Chapter 27: Entangled in Spider
Chapter 27: The Tumultuous Science Fair
Chapter 28: Yusaku Kudo's TV Show Case
Chapter 29: The FBI Serial Murder Case
Chapter 30: The Shoji Player Serial Murder Case
Chapter 30: PSB vs Kaito Kid! Part I
Chapter 31: PSB vs Kaito Kid Part II
Chapter 32: PSB vs Kaito Kid Part III
Chapter 33: The Dango Adventure
OC Fanart ❤️
Chapter 34: Hatoyama Farm
Chapter 35: Sports Day
Chapter 36: Breakdancing and a Unexpected Visit

Chapter 26: The New Year's Heist

631 30 7
By Classya8

Kaiya POV

(at the Kudo house)

"This just in. Kaito Kid has announced yet another heist for the new year." the tv announcer said. "Jirochi Suzuki-san has received a notice from Kaito Kid, and is making preparations to arrest this jewelry thief. The police has yet to crack the code."

"Kaito Kid, I'll catch you this time!" I heard Nakamori exclaim on the screen.

"Oh my gosh, I'll finally get to see a Kaito Kid heist!" I squealed in delight. "Sonoko invited us to her New Year's banquet!"

"Well, someone's happy." Conan said from beside me with a scowl.

I bonked him on the head. "Don't be a Grinch, Kudo-kun."

An image of the note appeared on the screen, and it read:

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?

A sparkling emerald of beauty beyond imagination.

Thou art more lovely and more temperate.

As the New Year rolls around, reunited we shall be.

Reading between the lines, I suspect Kid will plan to steal an emerald jewelry on New Years. If it's at a New Years party... oh could it be the New Years banquet that Sonoko invited me to? How exciting!

***********

As I was reading a book in my room, a loud thump resounded outside my window, prompting me to open it. I stumbled backwards as a white figure fluttered inside the room.

"Hello miss." Kaito Kid took off his hat and bowed to me.

"Kaito Kid, what are you doing here?" I exclaimed in surprise. "Oi you know that Conan-kun is downstairs right?"

"I guess I'll have to get to get straight to the point then. Well, Kaiya-san, as you know I'm planning a heist tomorrow night and I'm in need of your assistance." Kaito said.

"Let me know how I can help. It's the least I do to repay you." I replied.

"A certain someone I want to avoid will be at the heist and I need a distraction." he said.

"A distraction? From who? Conan-kun? Inspector Nakamori?" I asked.

"Just someone who wants to uncover my identity ..." Kaito Kid replied. A certain Saguru Hakuba, thought Kaito Kid.

"Well then I'm already one step ahead of that person then... Mr. Kaito Kuroba." I grinned.

"N-no umm... that's..." Kaito was unable to form words.

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." I promised. "I want to help you with your heists."

Kaito sighed. "Alright I'll tell you what you need to do."

**************

"Are you sure you can pull that off?" I raised my eyebrow at Kaito.

"You should know not to underestimate me." Kaito boasted.

I turned towards the door as I heard a knock.

"Kaiya-chan, are you asleep yet?" I heard Yukiko's voice outside my room. "Shin-chan believes he cracked the code on Kaito Kid's note if you want to listen to his deductions."

"I'll be downstairs in a minute!" I called.

Kaito looked like a deer in the headlights. This heist will surely be fun, and I don't even know which side I'm rooting for.

"Kaito, get out of here quickly!" I pushed him towards the window.

"See ya." Kaito took off on his glider with a whooshing sound.

"Is everything alright?" Yukiko asked. "I thought I heard a boy's voice in here."

"N-No nothing happened." I laughed nervously, shutting the window and closing the curtains. She looked around thinking I was hiding something.

"Are you sure there wasn't a boy in here?" Yukiko put her hands on her hips.

"Nope!" I plastered a smile on my face.

"You know, I totally understand the phase that you are going through when most teenagers start dating." Yukiko continued.

"T-that's not it at all!" I said, slightly embarrassed.

**********

"Sonoko, this is quite the party." I complimented. It was banquet style, with a dance floor in the center. I curled my hair and wore a emerald dress that matched my green eyes.

"Uncle set this all up!" Sonoko said proudly. "And look, tonight he's displaying his necklace, the Shimmering Spring!" 

I gasped in awe at a shining emerald necklace in a display case in the room. So that's what Kaito Kid wanted to steal.

"Not even Kid could steal this necklace!" Jirochi declared. "It has a pressure plate and an alarm will sound should anyone attempt to remove the glass."

"My men will guard this place from Kaito Kid!" Nakamori declared proudly. "He won't get past us this time!"

**********

(at a banquet table)

"Jeez, what's taking Kid so long to arrive?" I asked in annoyance, slipping into English. "The plan can't start without him." I mumbled.

"Is this seat taken?" a voice spoke with an English accent. Surprised to hear someone speak English, I turned to my right to see a boy my age. He was brunette with brown eyes and was wearing a suit.

I shook my head."Feel free to take this seat."

"Oh... him..." Conan's expression turned to one of annoyance when the boy sat down.

"Do you know him?" I asked Conan who was sitting next to me.

"Hattori and I met him before." Conan replied.

"I'm Saguru Hakuba. A detective from London." the boy replied.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kaiya Matsuki." I responded politely.

**********

"Come on, Conan-kun, join us on the dance floor!" Ran pulled Conan with her.

"But Ran-neechan I'm not a good dancer!" Conan protested.

"It's alright, just feel the beat!" Ran waved Conan's arms around to show him how to dance. I snickered as Conan blushed profusely.

"The music is spot on! Sonoko, you chose an amazing D.J!" I grinned and danced to the music.

Sonoko squealed as the song turned a slow dance and Makoto asked to dance with her. The other couples/ships like Ran and Conan and Takagi and Sato danced as well.

"May I have this dance?" to my surprise, Saguru approached me and extended his hand. 

"You may." I accepted his hand with a smile and we waltzed to the music.

"You're quite a good dancer." I praised.

"And you as well." he responded. "I only know how to dance since I had to take dance lessons when I was younger."

"Well, I'm impressed." I responded. "So... how did you end up at this party?" I asked Saguru.

"You must have heard of my father, Superintendent General Hakuba?" Saguru asked.

"I don't believe we have met, but I'm sure Inspector Megure has spoken highly of him before." I recalled as continued dancing.

"Almost the whole police force in Tokyo has been tasked with capturing Kaito Kid." Saguru responded. "From what it seems, however, you know Kaito Kid?"

"Everyone knows who he is. He's a jewelry thief." I replied. "Don't tell me you asked me to dance only to ask about Kaito Kid?" I pouted.

"It would be rude of me not to ask such a charming lady like you for a dance. Besides, you're constantly checking the time, as if you're expecting something to happen." Saguru motioned to my watch.

"I mean, everyone is waiting for Kaito Kid to arrive, not just me." I replied, trying to divert suspicion from me. Even still... I admit it was quite a nice dance... 

**********

Once the slow dance ended, I wandered to the bar at the venue, seeing that there were no more drinks on our table.

"There are quite a lot of drinks on the menu, aren't there?" a man appeared next to me.

"Inspector Morofushi!" I greeted him.

"We meet once again, Kaiya-san." Morofushi replied. 

"Erm... pardon me for asking... but how come the Nagano police force is also here tonight?" I asked.

"This venue happens to be on the border of the Nagano prefecture, so Inspector Nakamori requested our aid in capturing Kid." he explained.

I stifled a laugh "Yet somehow Kid manages to escape the police force."

"Indeed" Morofushi agreed and turned to look at the menu on the bar. "I appear to have difficulty choosing a drink tonight as there are many options. What would you recommend I choose ... perhaps Bourbon?"

My eyes widened at the name of the alcohol.

"U-umm I'm not quite sure." I stuttered. "I-I haven't tasted it before as I'm underage."

"My apologies, of course you've had Zero alcohol before." Morofushi replied.

"Y-Yup." I laughed nervously. After ordering a virgin Pina Colada, I quickly excused myself and went back to the party. Does Morofushi know the organization somehow? At any rate, I can't let those thoughts distract me as Kaito Kid is expected to arrive soon.

**********

The lights turned off and in a flurry of white Kaito Kid appeared on the dance floor, illuminated by a spotlight. Ah... Kaito Kid never ceases to amaze me.

"Good evening ladies and gents, for tonight I shall be taking the Shimmering Spring." Kaito Kid announced with a flourish.

"Kaito Kid!" I heard some guests squeal in delight.

On the other hand.... "Seize him!" Nakamori ordered, and the police converged on the dance floor. Kaito Kid simply flew up towards the ceiling and snapped his fingers, seemingly disappearing along with the necklace.

"It's gone!" Nakamori exclaimed, seeing the empty glass.

Saguru and Conan ran to the glass container.

"No, the necklace is still there since the alarms have not gone off yet." Saguru announced.

"Then... Kaito Kid is still here!" Nakamori stated.

**********

I slipped away in the chaos, heading towards the restroom. I handed Kaito my dress after changing into another outfit.

"Good luck." I told Kaito.

"Pfft this heist will be easy peasy." Kaito declared.

"If you say so." I shrugged. I headed towards the control room to turn off the power in the glass box.

***********

Conan POV

"Inspector, Kaito Kid must be disguised as one of the guests here." Saguru deduced.

"Then we'll just have to pinch everyone to make sure that they aren't Kaito Kid." Kaiya replied. "Well, we can rule out Conan-kun as Kaito Kid can't disguise as him."

"Alright, everyone make two lines then." Saguru ordered.

"Sorry I have to do this." Kaiya apologized as she was in charge of inspecting the females. Everyone passed the test when they were pinched.

"That's impossible!" Nakamori exclaimed. "Kaito Kid is not in this room!"

I smirked. "Inspector Nakamori, there's still one more person we haven't checked yet." I turned to Kaiya. "It's you, Kaiya-neechan."

"C-Conan-kun, I don't know what you're talking about." she appeared confused.

"You inspected everyone else except yourself." I pointed out. "Besides, you're missing your earrings." She felt around her ears in surprise.

Kaiya wore a lopsided smile. "As expected of you, detective-kun." In a white flurry, Kaito Kid appeared.

"But how did he hide the necklace?" Ran asked.

"He placed a mirror outside the box to reflect the light, causing it to appear empty." I explained the trick.

Kaito Kid lifted the box and took the necklace, floating in the air.

"So long!" He tilted his hat goodbye, and green necklaces rained from the ceiling. They were replicas of the necklace!

"After him!" Nakamori ordered, the police stumbling through the pile of necklaces.

***********

Kaiya POV

The commotions from the ballroom indicated that Kaito was successful. With that, I Ieft the control room and headed towards the roof to meet Kaito, shivering slightly in the night air.

"Kaito Kid, you caused quite a chaos down there ya know." I scolded Kaito when I saw him inspecting the necklace.

"It's not my fault the police are lousy." Kaito retorted. "Plus, I had some extra help tonight."

I grinned and gave him a fist bump.

"Kaiya-san, as expected you were Kaito Kid's accomplice." a voice said from behind us. I turned around as a figure stepped out of the shadows onto the roof. It was Saguru. "You voluntarily allowed him to disguise as you."

"Well this isn't the jewelry I was looking for, so I bid you farewell." Kaito Kid hastily jumped off the roof on his glider, wanting to avoid Saguru. I gasped in surprise as he tossed the necklace in the air and it landed around my neck. It was quite a beautiful necklace, the green shimming emerald matching my eyes.

"Hakuba-kun as you can see your deductions were right - " I began but was interrupted by a sneeze as I was still shivering.

"Here, you seem cold." Saguru placed his blazer over me.

"T-thank you." I stuttered, slightly blushing. I felt warmer with the blazer on.

"Now tell me Kaiya-san, how do you know Kaito Kid?" Saguru questioned.

"Hmph. Did you act gentlemanly again just to get information from me?" I placed my hands on my hips.

"No, not at all. Once a gentleman, always a gentleman. Besides, the fact that you're avoiding the question means that you do know Kid's real identity." Saguru pressed.

"And if I do? Are you going to have me arrested for being his accomplice?" I challenged.

Before Saguru could reply, we heard footsteps running down the corridor.

"Kaiya-chan, are you alright?" Ran asked. Conan and the other police came as well.

I nodded. "I'm fine... Kaito Kid just umm... borrowed my clothes and disguised as me." I explained.

"Darn that Kid! He got away again!" Nakamori cursed.

Saguru took my phone and inputted his number. "Let's keep in touch shall we? The next time we meet I will have to question you more about Kaito Kid." he said before leaving.

"Hakuba-kun wait!" I called after him, "Do you want your blazer back?"

Ugh, boys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 92 22
COAI/SHINSHI ONESHOTS - I WRITE REQUESTS - !!ONGOING!! I do not own DETECTIVE CONAN and none of the characters, they all belong to Gosho Aoyama. An...
Teacher By Ai Lee

Fanfiction

30.3K 929 22
Detective conan fanfiction Pairing : Kudou Shinichi X Miyano Shiho P.S. Shinichi and Shiho do not know each other in this story. At least not like i...
9.1K 478 35
Heiji is 27 years old and the most famous detective of Osaka. But the new case he gets involved in is a very special one. It is his mission to find t...
5.6K 251 11
(Y/N) finds herself as a child, in an unknown theme park, next to a young boy in the same situation as her. Oddly enough, this whole situation is com...