The Gentle Side Character Is...

By Sweet_Dily

I, Soo-Ae was an ordinary korean girl that lived with my strict grandma. Until my grandma passed away, poure... More

Chapter 1: Transmigration
Chapter 2: Behind Acceptance, There Is Sacrifice
Chapter 3: Isabella
Chapter 5: A Mysterious Man
Chapter 6: I Will End This Engagement
Chapter 7: Emperor Esteban
Chapter 8: You And I Are Over
Chapter 9: Ruined Love
Chapter 10: An Eye For An Eye A Tooth For A Tooth
Chapter 11: Operation Find My Brother A Lover
Chapter 12: The Party Of The Troublesome
Chapter 13: A Painful Punishment
Chapter 14: Two Peas In A Pod
Chapter 15: A Duel With A Unexpected Heart
Chapter 16: Warrior's Banquet
Chapter 17: Rejecting Theon Allister
Chapter 18: Bye Bye Hair Isabella
Chapter 19: Repulsive Easter Skunk Cabbage
Chapter 20: Threaten The Empire I Will
Chapter 21: The Truths Behind the Man
Chapter 22: Undercover Date
Chapter 23: Not Just Your Daughter But A Family
Chapter 24: Tears Of A Children

Chapter 4: Madame Labiel

1.1K 19 3
By Sweet_Dily

Unfortunately for the two people whose stinging heart was beating one, had not acknowledged the other.

The very muscular man who was resistant to pain paid no attention as he continued to walk his way to the end of the corner heading to the ally along with his two short companions.

While Soo-Ae/Daphne was too immersed clenching her heart and looking down.

Just like that, the two people drifted apart.

The once stinging heart had stopped and their heart normally beated again.

"Ha, what was that?" (Soo-Ae/Daphne, asked)

She asked herself with a low voice.

After a few seconds, she raised her head to look at the wooden tall door.

'Maybe, this body needed to rest?' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

She felt guilt for being inconsiderate of the original Daphne's body, maybe her body needed more rest days before she could get up.

She turned to look to her right, where the crow stared at her in silence with a laser stare.

"Crack"

The crow cried, startling her.

"Gahh" (Soo-Ae/Daphne, yelled)

She had unconsciously taken a step back and covered her mouth after screaming.

"H-Hey don't scare me like that, it's not very nice" (Soo-Ae/Daphne, said)

She uncovered her mouth and timidly step forward looking at the crow.

'I need to hurry inside before this crow ends up making me scream again' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

She had already yelled and this was a very dangerous neighborhood on top of that it was very silent, with her screams there was no doubt she would attract attention.

So she bravely turned to look straight at the door trying to ignore the starting crow.

'Creak'

She opened the door.

'Ding, Ding'

An old faded golden bell rang on top of the inside.

Soo-Ae/Daphne looked at the bell looking up and as soon as she opened the door wider...

'Swish'

The crow made himself a pathway next to Soo-Ae/Daphne and went fully inside before her.

'Swish'

It flew right threw some burgundy curtains.

'Is Madame Labiel there?' (Soo-Ae/ Daphne's inner thoughts)

She asked herself as she saw the last of the crow heading inside the curtains.

'Creak'

Door noises

She had finished closing the door before she turned to look in the disappearing crow's direction.

"Hello?" (Soo-Ae/Daphne, asked)

She dropped her brown hood, and now her face and her tucked bubblegum pink hair were visible.

She stood near the door as she waited for a response, her bubblegum blue eyes scanning Madam Labiel's shop.

The room had many rugs overlapping each other from burgundy to orange, to esmeralda green, and brown.

She had many intriguing wooden doll figures, about one hundred different size pots, a shelf's with colorful potions, and chunky red, navy blue, mustard yellow, dark green, black, and brown books.

Finally, many more tooth charms such as brackets, neckless, and ankle brackets. This actually varied since they too had small circles jeweled or some sort of wooden craft as these accessories hung all over the walls.

To top it all off the strong scent of medicinal herbs and a strange unknown sent to it.

'Creak'

Footsteps noises.

At the footstep noises, Soo-Ae/Daphne's gaze returned to the burgundy curtains.

A very short tan old grandmother with long pierced black oval earrings and grey hair. Accompanied by a dark purple fortune teller silk turban hat and a long cozy red wrap.

Madame Labiel stood there with her eyes closed holding the left side of the curtains as the staring crow sat on her right top shoulder.

"Crack, Crack"

The crow spoke to madam Labiel .

Madame Labiel had turned her face sideways and adjusted herself to hear her crow speak.

"Crack, Crack"

Crow noises

"Mmm...I see" (Madam Labiel, said)

Madame Labiel turned to face Soo-Ae/Daphne.

"You" (Madam Labiel, said)

Soo-Ae/Daphne flinched at her call.

"Yes?" (Soo-Ae/Daphne, asked)

Soo-Ae/Daphne hesitated as she answered.

"Mr. Witzel said he took a quite liking to you." (Madame Label, said)

'Mr. Witzel? Is she talking about the crow? And he took a liking to me?' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

"Haha, is that so...I thought perhaps Mr. Witzel didn't like me.." (Soo-Ae/Daphne, said)

She laughed awkwardly.

"Crack, Crack"

The crow spoke again.

"He said you are a beautiful lady who came to see me for troubles of the heart" (Madame Labiel, said)

'The heart? When did I-' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

Before her thoughts finished Madame Labiel spoke again.

"Well then come on in, I will give you a special offer today." (Madame Labiel, said)

She turned around as she said.

"Follow me in pink" (Madame Labiel, said)

'Pink...' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

'Step, Step, Step'

Walking.

Soo-Ae/Daphne followed Madame Labiel past the burgundy curtains.

There in front of her eyes stood the traditional clear crystal ball on top of an old wooden circle table with two chairs.

Compared to the front of the store this section seemed to only contain a small kitchen space and a simple bed with an additional smaller bed...perhaps for Mr. Witzel?

"Sit there pink" (Madame Labiel, said)

Madame Labiel pointed at the right chair.

" Thank you" (Soo-Ae/Daphne, said)

'Step, Step'

Walking

'Halt'

Stop walking.

'Creak'

Chair noises.

Soo-Ae/Daphne had sat on the chair.

She turned to look at Madame Labiel who was stirring a black Calderon with a long wooden stick.

The black Calderon had bright purple liquid with what looked like marshmallows.

'Is she really a witch?' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

'Thud'

She had placed an old wooden cup and poured the bright purple liquid into it.

'Step, Step'

Walking

'Halt'

Stop walking

She had stopped walking and stopped in front of Soo-Ae/Daphne, as she handed out the cup.

"Drink it Pink" (Madame Labiel, said)

"N-No it's really fin-" (Soo-Ae/Daphne, said)

Of course, she was not gonna drink that, first, it didn't look edible, and second, she was not gonna take a drink from a stranger.

"Are you gonna refuse this old lady's request pink?" (Madame Labiel, asked)

In an instant she had opened her eyes, she had glowing yellow cat eyes.

'Ekkk' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

Maybe there are expectations...

"No, y-yes I'll take it thank you" (Soo-Ae/Daphne, said)

Soo-Ae/Daphne said with a shaky voice as she took the drink and drank it.

'Thud'

Soo-Ae/Daphne had finished the short drink and placed it on top of the wooden table.

'I don't know what it was but surprisingly it was pretty sweet.' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

She looked at Madame Labiel again nervously.

"See all done, it was very tasty, very good, yes, thank you." (Soo-Ae/Daphne, said)

Madame Labiel scanned Soo-Ae/Daphne's cup and closed her eyes back again.

'Creak'

Chair noises

Madame Labiel had climbed herself using part of the chair and the table to hold herself up. She finally sat down on her three-pillowed chair.

"Now pink tell me what troubles you?" (Madame Labiel, asked)

"Ahem, right...we'll you see I was wondering if there is such thing as living twice and so-" (Soo-Ae/Daphne, said)

Madame Labiel interrupted her as she spoke in a chant.

"My crystal, my crystal, tell me, guide me to the answers I seek, I proclaim to tell me what miss pink wants to now, oh mighty crystal please tell" (Madame Labiel, said)

She rubbed her hands all over the crystal ball that had turned purple as Mr. Witzel continued to sit on her shoulder and look at the crystal ball.

'...' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

Her mind was blank as to what to think, never in her life had she ever experienced this...

"Ah crystal ball tell more, yes, yes I see." (Madame Labiel, said)

"Oh miss pink I see an incredibly strong and very very tall muscular man in your life's." (Madame Labiel, said)

'A man? What does a man have to do with...wait' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

"Wait what do you mean with life's then does that-" (Soo-Ae/Daphne, asked)

She tried to ask but Madam Labiel spoke over her.

"Oh my, he's very handsome and sexy, hehe miss pink this man will not let you rest in bed" (Madame Labiel, said)

"He will give you satisfying nights in bed, along with miss pink wildness, pounding on that man's sexiness." (Madame Labiel, said)

'What the?!' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

'Blush'

Soo-Ae/Daphne was starting to turn red from embarrassment while Madame Labiel continued.

"Is that so my crystal ball?" (Madame, Labiel asked)

Madame Labiel asked with a surprised face raising Soo-Ae/Daphne's confusion.

"What did that crystal ball say?" (Soo-Ae/Daphne, asked)

"My crystal ball says you will meet that man very soon and it said..." (Madame Labiel, said)

She looked down again at the crystal ball whose color had soon faded.

"W-What else did it say??" (Soo-Ae/Daphne, asked)

"..." (Madame Labiel)

Madame Labiel waited for the color to fade back to its clear color.

Madame Labiel spoke with a serious dark tone, it was as if the atmosphere was very suffocating and tense.

"When you reunite, it will bring both happiness and sorrow, you will not only have to watch out for the on-lookers who want to rip away both of your happiness but you will also have to watch for the core of your body's when the time runs out, both of your core will fade away extinguishing the other three small life cores since they too are connected." (Madame Labeil, said)

'No what is all this...it sounds really strange and dark...cores fading away?'' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

She spoke up with a serious tone but a worried face.

"Madame Labiel can you please explain to me what you mean by cores?" (Soo-Ae/Daphne, asked)

But Madame Labiel remained silent and serious.

'I don't like this...I came to ask if there was a way for her to live twice but now I'm getting this?' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

"Madame Labiel?" (Soo-Ae/Daphne, asked)

At Soo-Ae/Daphne's second worried call Madame Labiel had regained her focus.

She happily talked to her like a scammer.

"Miss pink asked so madam Labiel told, now miss pink it will be three golden coins" (Madame Labiel, said)

At the word three golden coins Soo-Ae/ Daphne's mouth almost dislocated at the shock forgetting the dark atmosphere of before.

"Huh? I beg your pardon, three golden coins?" (Soo-Ae/Daphne, asked)

"Crack"

Crow noises.

'Nod'

Madame Labiel had noded.

She turned to look at Soo-Ae/Daphne.

"My regular price for nobles is five golden coins, for commoners is one golden going but since Mr. Witzel and I like you miss pink it will be three golden coins" (Madame Labiel, said)

She smiled like a crescent moon but Soo-Ae/Daphne knew this woman could actually curse her if she didn't hand over the coins.

And so she handed out the three golden coins...

"Good doing business miss pink, goodbye" (Madame Labiel, said)

'Creak'

She had slammed the door.

As soon as Soo-Ae/Daphne had handed her the coins Madame Labiel had kicked her out.

Luckily Soo-Ae/Daphne had put her hood back on before being kicked out.

'What a scammer, truly!' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

She was frustrated and upset over the unsettling words she had heard until...

"Hey buddy, come over here" (Drunk man, said)

A drunk man sitting on the front porch stairs of the house across from Madame Labiel yelled across to Soo-Ae/Daphne.

He was not alone, he had about five other drunk men including him. They were wasted acting before thinking.

'Oh great just what I needed...let's just ignore them.' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

She ignored them and turned around to her right.

'Step, Step'

Waking.

That did not sit well with the drunk group of men.

"Are you ignoring us buddy?" (Drunk men, asked)

'Step, Step'

Walking.

She continued to walk.

That anger the drunk men even more.

Soon they all stood up and started to walk toward her.

"How dare you ignore us that's it your dead!" (Drunk men, yelled)

They quickly started heading over Soo-Ae/Daphne.

Unlike their hurried selves, Soo-Ae remained calmer and looked slightly to her right as she stopped.

'Halt'

Stop walking.

'That's an ally right?' (Soo-Ae/Daphne's inner thoughts)

**Important Note: Make sure to remember Madam Labiel's words as they included a lot of future spoilers and unexpected twists.

**Next Chapter: fl will meet ml and beat some ass.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

897K 30.6K 110
When Grace returns home from college, it doesn't go like she thought it would. With her past still haunting her everyday choices, she discovers a sid...
10K 168 164
Description I was reincarnated as the supporting character of a novel. As a wingwoman in a depressing romance novel titled at that. Romance is out of...
44.2K 1.7K 29
Being reborn as Adrianna Deor, the villainess of this novel, could be seen as her greatest fortune, in her life full of misfortunes. After her reinca...