Rich Best Friends Club

By Kamo_XXIII

Best Friend (noun) a person's closest friend. Rich Best Friend (noun) Your favorite person to spend money wit... More

Cast/Tag lines
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 2

73 5 0
By Kamo_XXIII

Episode 2: Malice in Wonderland

|Now Playing: Alien Superstar by Beyoncé|

Fans from all over piled into the Crypto.com Arena for tonight's match. The Lakers and the Rockets were going head to head, exactly one week ahead of All-Star weekend in Houston, Texas.

Fans scrambling through the common areas of the arena trying to fulfill their snack and beverage desires, became curious when two of the most beautiful women rode down the escalator headed to their assigned floor seats with a small camera cream in tow.

It took no time for them to realize the pair of women at the center of attention was The daughter of a Notorious LA King Pin and her stylist Serenity and girlfriend of Last years MVP!

Serenity: What's up ya'll! My name is Serenity Davenport and I am the Celebrity stylist for my cousin Ryder Kennedy and many others of course! Also I am the girlfriend of small forward Jaxson Givens, who plays for the Lakers.

"Girl I feel so awkward. Look at all these people staring at us!" Serenity whisper-yelled to her cousin.

"And this is what I call a regular Friday." Ryder shrugged, adjusting her Hérmes Kelly bag as she strutted away....

___________

Serenity was of course enjoying the game considering the Lakers were up by ten. Her boyfriend was in high spirits sending her googley eyes as he put up thirty points between the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

Ryder on the other hand couldn't help but to feel uneasy from the stares she was getting. Especially the ones particularly coming from Houston Shooting Guard Shyne Powers.

"Looks like you got a secret admirer cuz." Serenity teased with a giggle.

"Please! I have designer clothes older than him." Ryder quipped. But something about the young man seemed familiar.

And unbeknownst to her, he felt the same way.

After the game Ryder waited for Serenity as she congratulated her man on the win with a slew of kisses to his lips. Across the way Ryder noticed a familiar face.

It was her parents former stylist from when she was a teenager Meiko Powers. These days she owned a boutique in Houston and Los Angeles from what Ryder could see from instagram. But what surprised her most was who she was hugging.

Shyne!

To Ryders knowledge Meiko didn't have any children. Or at least none that would be Shyne's age. Then again it was nearly twenty years ago when they saw each other last.

"Renni! I'll be right back." Ryder announced as she walked towards Meiko and the basketball star.

She lightly tapped the woman with her finger getting her to turn around. "Hi Meiko! Remember me?" Ryder asked with a smile.

Once the woman was able to get a good look at the younger woman her eyes bulged in pure shock. "Oh!"  Meiko said in shock.

Ryder: Oh!? Oooh!? That was your response to the woman whose father you ratted on to save your own ass from doing prison time. Girl please!

"I just wanted to come say hi, I know it's been forever since we seen each other. Is this your son?" 

Meiko looked at Shyne who's eyes were telling her something that Ryder wasn't able to read. "Uhh! Uh! Yeah this my son Shyne. B- Baby , say hello to Ryderika." Meiko introduced making Ryder grimace.

"Yikes! Please just call me Ryder. And it's nice to meet you Shyne." She then stuck out her hand to him.

"You as well." Shyne added shaking her hand. When the two made eye contact, that's when she noticed it. That look! His look. A lump formed in her throat the size of a golf ball.

"If you'll excuse me I have to go!" Ryder let out before hightailing it out of the arena.

She sent a text to her cousin letting her know she had to get back to her son Baby Blessed. There was simply too much running through her mind.

__________

Today was Coco's big birthday bash, and her parents pulled out all the stops. Nina was the ever so gracious host, welcoming guest into her home as Jonathan kept a close watch on his baby as she played with her cousins.

Nina: Today is my baby girl's ONEderland birthday party, and I'm so excited for her to celebrate with her cousins and our family.

Guest had already begun to arrive, but the first of her friend group to show was Blossom, accompanied by her boyfriend Parris as they pulled up in his brand new white and black trim Scat Pack.

"Boy will you cut this loud ass car off and come on!" She fussed at her boyfriend who was showing off for the other men who stood outside admiring his ride. Parris sucked his teeth. "Yo ass don't let me have no fun!" He complained.

"Hush Parris! And grab these damn bags." Once they were done bickering like an old married couple, the two followed the path to the backyard immediately being greeted by Nina.

"Hey y'all! I'm so glad you could make it." Nina said before promptly giving her friend a hug.

"Hey bookie! Girl you know I wasn't bout to miss my Coco baby's birthday."

"Wassup sis! You know we was about to show up. And we come barring gifts." Parris added giving Nina a hug too.

"Aww thank you guys for the gifts! The birthday girl is around somewhere with her daddy. Food and the open bar is around the corner if y'all want to eat and get a lil buzz. And please enjoy yourself."

"You had me at food! I'm bout grub, and I see my patna! See yuh!" Parris joked making his way to the food area.

Nina and Blossom chuckled.

"What you two hoes giggling about?" Serenity asked coming up behind them accompanied by Jaxson, his two daughters and Ryder and her husband Bakari and son Blessed.

"Y'all friend Parris running to the food!" Blossom explained with a playful eye-roll.

"Food!? Bye!" Bakari and Jaxson said simultaneously.

"You men scurrying to the food is insane! And where is my hug!?" Nina questioned making them stop in there tracks.

"Love you sis!" They both said giving her a quick hug.

"Yeah whatever! Go say hey to y'all niece!" Nina yelled. "Anyway! Hey girls! Hi Auntie baby!" Nina said greeting Jonathan's nieces and her godson Blessed. "Y'all go take Blessed and go have fun."

"Okay Titi!" Ajourni the oldest said taking the hands of the younger children.

"Oh! Carina baby please take it easy on the candy tonight." Serenity called out to Jaxson's youngest daughter who smiled mischievously.

"That child almost killed us with her gas last week coming back home from the movies." She added making her friends laugh.

"Come on y'all let's sit over here." Nina directed them, before they all took a seat on a few couches ducked off from everyone.

"NiNi! This party looks so beautiful, you did your big one sister." Ryder cooed, checking out the decor.

Nina smiled. "Thank you. The planning was a task, but everything came out the way I wanted."

"Well consider yourself an official member of Blessed boys party planning team. Cause I refuse to be the only one being stressed by this bitch like she did the baby shower." Serenity said giving Ryder the side-eye as she volunteered Nina for their nephew's s first birthday.

"Girl fuck you! You stressed ya' damn self out."

Ryder: I gave her ass a budget of 50k for a small and intimate baby shower for my family and friends, but not only does her ass  get NOBU to cater it instead of Roscoes like I asked...*Blinks twice* Instead of getting a simple DJ, she books a thirty minute set from Mariah Carey, who's going rate is  a million dollars at the least. Granted we had an amazing time, but how dare you ask if you can pay that lady 5k and a box of used Christmas ornaments....Gurl!

Serenity: She was off-key anyway! Hell we paying full price for? Plus she owed me from the day I styled her for the episode of American idol where her and Nicki got into it and she didn't pay.

"Or...You can do like I did and get an actual party planner. They go by the budget and don't try to get their lick back on legendary r&b divas." Nina suggested with a chuckle.

Serenity waved her off.

"So Nina did you invite ya girl?" Blossom asked.

"Who? Mya?" Nina sighed. "I sent her an invitation, but whether she show's is totally up to her."

"Mmm..." Ryder groaned with an eye-roll and perched lips.

"Ry! Be nice." Serenity said.

"Ain't nobody stunting her ass. She can stay her fake ass where she at! Matter fact cut the cameras please!"

The crew immediately halted filming. "Let's roll up while the kids ain't over here. I'm tryna forget that girl exists." Ryder added pulling out some pre-rolls out her Chanel bag.

__________

After a brief intermission production continued once it was time to sing happy birthday to the princess of the hour. The cake was cut and the party resumed. Just as night approached and the temperature dropped, the drama that brewed was bound to heat things up again.

Approaching his group of friends was Reeves and Nina's brother Blaze.

"Wassup niggas! Look who I found." Reeves greeted, pointing to Blaze. "What's good y'all!" Blaze added dapping up the guys.

"Finally! Y'all niece been asking for Uncle Re and Uncle Laze all day." Jon explained to them.

"My bad, business ran longer than we wanted. But ya boy got the deal with a $10 million signing bonus, so to celebrate I bought up all of baby Gucci for our princess!" Reeves held up bags on bags from the Gucci store.

"Yup! And Uncle Laze bought the princess an entire music set, equipped with a microphone, stand, guitar and drum set so she can practice the family business." Blaze said proudly.

"Wasn't yo daddy a school teacher!?" Dakota one of their friends incocently wondered getting Blaze to cut his eyes at him. The guys continued to drink and talk about whatever came to mind. Now the conversation had shifted to last Sundays Super Bowl, featuring the Buffalo Bills and Philadelphia Eagles. The Bills were able to defeat the Eagles for the championship after Zahir (Zah-Hear) "Zoom" Bennett caught a 40 yard catch for a touchdown to end the game.

"Man mark my words that nigga gone be the next Rob Gronkowski, I'm telling ya!" Jonathan remarked as he gestured to the highlights that played on the outside televison.

"Shit! With Zoom and Diggs in the backfield, them boys damn near unstoppable. I wouldn't be surprised if they get back to back rings." Dakota added.

"I bet that boy getting all type of ass! He getting that Dakota love, before Erika Hogg-tied his nuts." Bakari joked making everybody laugh as Dakota flicked him off. "Nigga Ryder put yours in a vise grip before anybody." Dakota shot back.

"Ya'll crazy! But Blaze ain't you and Zahir cool? You should invite him to Houston for All-Star." Reeves suggested, making Blaze internally groan.

"Uh yeah I'll give him a call." Blaze said with an irritation that nobody picked up on.

"Yo ass just wanna get in that nigga face so you can give yo little sale's pitch to sign with you." Parris joked which tickled everyone else because they knew it was true.

"Fuck you!" Reeves said jokingly flicking him off. "He need to be less worried about Zahir and more worried about ya shawty that's walking in all late right now." Blaze noted getting the guys to forget about Zahir for a moment and look over at Reeves girlfriend Mya making her way towards her friends.

Reeves sucked his teeth waving him off. "I ain't got nothing to say to her ass."

__________

Blossom: So we all chillin' sipping our little drinks or whatever, and out the corner of my eye, I see little Ms.Boujee slow walking her ass towards us. Late as hell to the party might I add.

Nina: Looking over at Ryder and seeing her face go stale...I can already see this is about to go left.

"Hey y'all! Ya'll look so beautiful. Nina this party is so cute." Mya greeted leaning down to hug Nina first. "Thank you baby! I'm glad you could make it." Nina said as she hugged her friend.

"Girl you know the money always calling, but I'm here for my baby, Hey Blossom!"

Ryder sighed quietly rolling her eyes listening to Mya. "Hey boo! You look good." Blossom greeted. Mya continued to make her rounds, showing love to her friend Erika and Serenity. The air began to grow thick as Mya was now seconds away from speaking to Ryder in months.

Ryder continued to look everywhere but directly at Mya. "Hey sis! I missed you." Mya said as she bent down to hug Ryder. Ryder then shrugged her off looking at Mya as if she had two heads. "Girl don't hug me! Go sit down." Ryder said brushing her off.

"Wow! That's how you gone do me?" Mya pondered shockingly.

"I can do a lot worse! Now go grab you a drink or something to eat and leave me alone." Ryder hissed as her voice got louder causing the girls to be on edge. "And exactly what is that suppose to mean? Are you threatening me or something, what's up!?"

Serenity: Guurrll! That was the wrong thing to say.

Before you know it, Ryder was in Mya's face causing the girls to quickly jump up. "Mya do not fucking test me right now, what you tryna do?"

Ryder: Mya has been M.I.A for months and now she wanna come around and pretend like shit is good! Forget about me, you've been ducking and dodging my brother whose already been stressed about our father...Today is not the day to play with me.

"Ryder nobody is remotely scared of you, so what is it that you wanna do!?" In a matter of seconds Ryder's hands reacted faster than her mind could think.....

TO BE CONTINUED......

Meiko Powers

Thoughts?

Vote...Comment...Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 24.4K 76
Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person you know you can't have. The best friend...
2.6K 83 13
in·dis·sol·u·ble /ˌindəˈsälyəb(ə)l/ adjective 1. unable to be destroyed; lasting."an indissoluble friendship"
2.9K 19 20
Who would have thought it? A bad girl and a bad boy can bring out the best of each other
4.5K 194 15
There might be different ways of falling in love..... When the 4 Delcour sisters have to share the same apartment with 4 best friends, their lives me...