The Knight is Still Young

By Lexa_Skywalker

Whilst out on a routine assignment, Michael finds himself on the brink of death. Like an omen from God, a you... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Not over!
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Continuing!
Chapter 47

Chapter 16

132 5 0
By Lexa_Skywalker

Two weeks later and the plans for Ashley's birthday party were going well, things were coming together just as Michael had hoped they would. Of course the others were doing more than he was for it and lately he'd been spending less and less time with Ashley. He felt guilty and although she would never admit it he could see it was starting to affect her, he hoped he caught the Chameleon soon as he knew a lot of people would feel a lot safer once he did. Which was why he was happy when he found the Chameleon (Yay) trying to steal the upgraded version of the original Lone Eagle that he had tried to steal last time he had got out of prison (not so yay).

This one however had several upgrades that made it even more deadly; it could stay in the air for twenty minutes (almost four times as long as the previous model), it had been made bulletproof, it could now carry and fire five small nuclear missiles that were the length of a fully grown mans arm and it contained a parachute in case it failed during flight. "The Falcon" was also significantly more manuverable and faster.

Luckily KITT had been able to track him to the where house and Michael swiftly got out and went looking for him. He was thankful that The Falcon was being stored in a where house and that there were no other people that are might get hurt. He pulled his pistol out of his leather jacket and crept silently around the boxes until he saw Baxter trying to take the Falcon out of its crate. Michael fired a shot that bounced off the concrete right next to Baxter's right foot, Baxter jumped and looked at Michael with hatred burning in his eyes.

'Knight.' He growled.

'Baxter.' Michael replied. 'You know this seems very familiar, the two of us in an otherwise abandoned where house with you trying to steal a weapon that once sold to the highest bidder could easily start world war 3.'

'That's right, but this time I won't be going to jail and you will die.' He replied firing his own gun. Before taking the crate and running. Michael shot at him several times and missed, ducking as he returned fire. Michael chased the criminal through the building until they were near one of the closed roller doors, he knew he had to catch him before he escaped again. The two of them weaved their way through the towering piles of crates, the bangs of the shots echoed through the building as they avoided the bullets that were whizzing past them. 'I'll be sure to tell your little girl how you died like the coward you are!'

'KITT I need you to use your sound synthesiser and start making the sound of police sirens.' Michael said quietly into his comlink, trying to ignore what the Chameleon was saying and shot at him. He jumped as a bullet hit the ground just inches from his feet before firing back at him. He watched as the other man flinched when sirens filled the air.

'I won't go back Knight!' He screamed.

'You will!' Michael replied then he aimed the gun and shot him in the leg. Baxter let out a howl and clutched his leg as Michael jumped and tackled him to the floor. Baxter tried to fight, but it was useless he wasn't really putting much strength into his struggling. In fact it almost seems like he was just pretending. 'KITT?'

'The police are here Michael.' He replied. Michael sighed satisfied that he had once again managed to catch himself a Chameleon.

'And you will never speak to my daughter.' He growled as he stared down at the man lying in front of him.

Then the police picked Baxter up off the floor and brought him to their cars before forcing him into one. After the he watched them drive away Michael got into KITT and drove back onto the road.

'Well done Michael.' KITT praised his partner.

'Thanks, but something doesn't feel right.' Michael replied.

'What do you mean?'

'Well it almost seemed like he wasn't trying.'

'Strange, but maybe he knew he was beaten.'

'Maybe.' He replied, but something still told him that it wasn't over.

'What are we doing now? Are we going to tell Tonie?' KITT asked.

'Yeah and thanks for the help back there pal.'

'You're welcome Michael.' He said as they cruised down the roads headed for Tonie's house to give her the good news.

'KITT get me Devon.'

'Right away Michael.' After several beeps Devon appeared sitting at his desk in his office as usual.

'Yo Devon! I am pleased to tell you that Baxter is now on his way back to jail and this time we need to make sure that he stays for his full sentence of life imprisonment.'

'I'm glad to hear that and I completely agree with you, have you told Miss Tonie yet?' The older Englishman asked.

'We're on our way there right now.'

'Very well Michael, I will see you when you return to the mansion.' He smiled and ended the call.

Eight minutes later the duo pulled up in Tonie's driveway and when Michael went inside he was surprised to find her with her a certain young girl that he knew very well.

'Ashley?' He asked confused.

'Hi Dad.' She smiled running over and giving him a big hug.

'What are you doing here?'

'Devon gave me the news and I brought her over.' Bonnie said walking in. 'Are you alright?' She asked concerned.

'I'm fine.' He replied hugging her briefly.

'What is it Michael?' Tonie asked.

'Your Father has been caught once and for all.' He replied.

'Thank you Michael.' She smiled brightly.

'You can forget about him as I can promise you he will never get out again.' He assured her.

'That's the best news I've heard in a long time.'

'So now can we hang out more?' Ashley asked quietly.

'You bet.' He said ruffling her hair.

'So Michael what's the story with this young one, anyway?' Tonie asked.

'I thought Bonnie would have already told you.' He replied looking to the brunette who was standing next to Tonie.

'I introduced them, but I thought I'd leave it to you to explain how she came to live with us.'

'Oh alright if I must.' He mock sighed and they all sat down and he explained everything that had happened up to this point.

'So let me get this straight, you found him in the middle of nowhere then you dragged him to your house and called the hospital.' She said looking to Ashley who nodded. 'Then you came back to thank her and her adopted father beat her then you knocked him out and brought her back to the Semi?' She asked looking to Michael this time.

'Yeah and she's been with us ever since.'

'Wow.' She shook her head grinning. 'So Michael when did you get together with someone?'

'I didn't, I don't remember ever getting together with someone.' He replied sighing. 'Or at least not until a couple of weeks ago.' He said glancing at Bonnie.

'You two are together now?' She asked amazed.

'Yeah.' Bonnie nodded.

'That's great.' She smiled.

'Yeah. Anyway, how's your band?' Michael asked changing the subject.

'They're going great and I still sing with them from time to time.'

'You sing with a band?' Ashley asked amazed.

'Yeah.' Tonie nodded.

'Awesome.' She grinned.

'It is pretty awesome, but at the moment I'm still studying to get my degree so I don't sing with them very often.'

'I'm glad you've kept up with your studies.' Michael smiled.

'Well it hasn't been easy, but it's worth it.' Then a beep sounded from Michael's comlink.

'What is it pal?' He asked.

'Don't you have some other things to be doing?' KITT reminded him.

'I have no idea what you're talking about.'

'Yes you do Michael, you're supposed to be doing something for a certain someone.'

'KITT, I'm kinda busy.'

'Bonnie can you tell Michael to get out here, please?'

'Of course KITT. Michael go out and see what your partner wants you to do.' Bonnie said pushing him out the door.

'Alright, alright I'm going!' He said as he walked over to the black t-top.

'Dare I ask?' Tonie asked smirking. Bonnie shook her head.

'What was all that about?' Ashley asked confused.

'I don't know.' Bonnie lied shrugging. She knew exactly what the AI meant; Michael was supposed to be getting his own present for Ashley because the pet was from FLAG and Bonnie, RC and Michael had agreed to each get her a small gift. Devon hadn't agreed or disagreed and if they were right he would find her something small, they all knew he wouldn't disappoint her.

'Anyway we should be going back to the Mansion, I'm sure RC will be missing us.' Bonnie said then they went out to her car and drove back to the mansion.

'She seems fun.' Ashley said casually.

'Yes, but I couldn't help notice that you seemed in awe of her when she said she was singing with a band.' Bonnie said.

'I don't know what you mean.'

'Oh come on Ashley you can tell me.'

'Tell you what?'

'You like music don't you?'

'Well........... I suppose you could say that.'

'I knew it! I've seen you in your room listening to music and any daughter of Michael Knight has to at least like rock and roll.' She laughed.

'I like all kinds of music, rock and roll, rap, pop anything with the exception of opera.' She replied.

'Why didn't you tell me this sooner and I would have told Michael to introduce you to Tonie before this and who knows she might even sing for you.'

'That would be so cool.' She grinned.

'We'll see what she says.' The woman smiled at the child's eagerness while staring at the road in front of them. She was looking forward to seeing her face at the party, speaking of which she still had to wrap her present and pick out music for the party games. Devon had been reluctant to let them have the party at the mansion, but he agreed they could do it in the garden which meant that the kids would have plenty of room to run around playing games and they could swim in the oversized swimming pool.

Bonnie had almost planned the entire party herself as Devon was busy and none of the boys except for RC were really up to date with what children were into for party's so she was interested to find out what extra present Michael had got his daughter. In fact she had been pleasantly surprised to see how he had taken care of the nine year old girl, she originally didn't think he'd be very good at it, but he had done well. Still she wasn't looking forward to the teenage years especially with her cheeky attitude now.

She glanced away from the road briefly and looked at the girl beside her, she had Michael's striking blue eyes and strong jawline, even his cheeky smile, but her hair (if she was perfectly honest) was more like her own. She did feel a motherly concern for her and she loved the idea of having a daughter, but unless Michael and married her that wasn't going to happen. Still there was a lot to do for her party.

When they got back Bonnie gave RC the responsibility of babysitting Ashley or as she explained to the girl "keeping her entertained" while she got some stuff done. All of Ashley's friends had RSVP'd and they were all able to attend, not to mention their parents had each decided to bring some food for the party as they had heard about the "accident"and felt sorry for her.

Meanwhile the kids wee all going to give her presents and cards from each of them, even Miss Avery had sent her a birthday card, which Bonnie thought was very sweet of them. The guests would arrive at eleven o'clock and go home at three which Devon agreed was long enough for the kids to run around and have some fun together. She just hoped everything went smoothly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 2.1K 64
At 16, Chase has felt more pain than any one person should ever feel. His past continues to haunt him even though his life now is filled with love, f...
14.3K 788 14
When Flame Warriors revealed that the Vainity Tears wasn't really behind their destruction and it was Damnation that's when things needed to be paid...
2.2K 124 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
38.5K 1.1K 22
Faith's parents died when she was a young child, she was sent to an orphanage and then on the streets a couple years later. After years on the street...