The Greatest (TLOK)

By JaneMayLily

Everyone dreams of being the greatest at something. May it be the greatest bender, the greatest warrior or ev... More

Important stuff (I swear)
~Playlist~
OC and extra info
Face Claim
OC Clothing ideas book 1
1) The Avatar (Book 1)
2) I told you so
3) The get together
4) If I was a rich girl
5) Brothers
6) Skyfall
7) Kai
8) Stirring the tea
9) The sacrifice
10) Attack
11) Auto Pilot
12) A last good bye
End of Book 1
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 2
14) A mechanic or a sorcerer
15) Tension is in the air...
16)...everywhere I look around
17) The big bang
18) Lights, Camera, Action
19) Smooth criminal
20) A prison and A premier
21) Bright and deadly
22) Bad Sophie
23) A giant women
End of book 2
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 3
24) A Sneeze and a blast (book 3)
25) Kai 2.0
26) We are family
27) Treason
28) Kuvira
29) I'm glad
30) Life saver
31) Wait and see
32) Prison Blues
33) Always
34) Almost dying=Motivation
35) The first kill
End of book 3
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 4
36) See you again (book 4)
37) Stabbing the tension
38) Pulling a 'Kuvira'
39) Unpleasant Pleasantries
40) Fever dreams
41) Put a ring on it
42) Coward

13) Oh my spirits (book 2)

564 14 3
By JaneMayLily

-If Sophie was a bender, what bender do you think she'd be?

Sophie POV

My quite office was interrupted by a loud knock that made me close my book and shout a come in.

"I hope I'm not interrupting you?"Iroh asks opening the door.

"No, no, not at all.What's up?"I ask and gesture for him to sit down.

"I was wondering if you wanted to have lunch with me?"he asks, giving me a smile.

"I would love too.Are we going to eat in the cafeteria?"I ask pushing my chair away from my desk.

"No...uh actually I thought we could eat in your office."he says making me nod in agreement.

"Yes, of course , we'll get lunch and then come back."I say and to stand up.

"Wait! actually I already brought lunch for us."he says, walking out of the door and picking something up next to him.

He walked back in with two trays and the smell of my favourite food immediately engulfed me.

"Oh wow thank you so much."I take the tray from him and sit back down.

"I didn't know if you'd agree to lunch and didn't want to make it seem like you couldn't say no so I just uh- you know..."he stutters placing his trays on my desk, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

"It's okay.How did you know what my favourite food is?"I ask breaking my chopsticks apart.

"I asked the staff working in the cafeteria.They also told me you haven't had lunch today and were more than happy to let me bring it for you."he explains, sitting down in front of me.

I let out a laugh but nod in understanding.

We eat in comfortable silence till Iroh puts his chopsticks down and pulls out a letter.

"This was sent for you from republic city.I saw it before bringing lunch and thought I might as well bring it to you."he explains placing it in front of my tray.

I put down my chopsticks and wipe my hands on a napkin.

"Thank you so much.I've been waiting for this letter for a long while."I say breaking it open.

Sending letters from here and receiving them normally went relatively quickly but because of us now being in southern waters and with all the spirit attacks it takes a bit longer.

I read the letter quickly and grinned.

"It's from my brother, Mako."I say, looking back at Iroh who nods and carries on eating his noodles.

Mako is telling me about his work as an officer, Bolin's failing pro-bending team, the difficulties future industries is having and Korra's training.

It is such a good feeling to feel like you're still involved in their lives even through you haven't seen them in 6 months and are a whole ocean away from them.

I missed everyone and my home terribly but this was for the better .

And, on the positive side, I finally saw more of the world, which was one of my biggest dreams.

From kyoshi island to the fire nation, where Iroh had the idea to show me around a bit, I saw it all.

I had developed a crush on Iroh in the past few months but never acted on it.

He was way out of my league anyway.

When I read the last bit of the letter I gasped and grinned.

They were all coming to the South Pole in a few days and said that I should join them if I had the time too.

"What's wrong? Everything okay?"Iroh asks as he's finishing his food.

"Yes everything is fine.My family is visiting the South Pole and I just got excited by the chance of seeing them and the spirit festival that is also taking place then but I know I can't go."I explain folding the letter back into the envelope.

"Why not?"he asks leaning back in his chair.

"With everything that's going on, I can't go on holiday.I barely finished my prototypes."I say, gesturing to the bracelet on my wrist

"You said they're going to the South Pole right?"he asked nodding towards the letter.

"Yes."I nod looking back at him.

"Don't you anyway have to give them a visit.Why not just make it a bit longer."he suggests with a shrug.

"I can't do that."I say shaking my head.

"You know you can.You need a break, Phie.You've been working for 6 months straight.Take the generals advice."he says giving me a grin.

"Fine, general, only because you say so but I still have some stuff to do before I could even consider going."I say picking up my chopsticks and looking at my now semi-hot food.

"I know you'll get everything done in time, your amazing."he says, saying the last part just loud enough for me to hear it.

I blush at that and glance at him.

I see that he has a blush on his face too and was avoiding eye contact.

I finish my food and bush it aside.

Iroh clears his throat making me focus on him again.

"So..I was thinking.You need someone to take you to the South Pole and maybe, that someone, could be me.We could spend some time together off the ship.It's my mandatory day off again and I just thought-but of course if that makes you uncomfortable or you want to spend all the time with your family I tota-"he start rambling but I interrupt him by grabbing his hand that's lying on the table.

"I would love for you too take me and spend time with you...off the boat."I say and squeeze his hand gently before letting go.

"Good then it's settled."he says and his eyes soften a bit more.

He was about to say something when the clock on my wall chimed making me groan.

"I have a meeting with the board in five minutes.The engine's are giving us trouble again."I sigh and rub my forehead.

He nods and stands up.

He grabs our trays and gives me a encouraging smile.

"Don't stress yourself out to much.We'll finalise all the details tomorrow."he says making me nod.

I help him open the door and watch as he walks away.

Yep definitely the definition of my type.

The days leading up to me going to the South Pole were filled with excitement.

Iroh and I talked about how long I'd be gone, the research I would still be doing and how long he would stay.

He's only staying for the first night of my arrival and if someone asked why he was there we would say to help me finalise some research procedures ,which was a lie but eh still better than a interrogation from my brothers.

Three boats in total were used to take us from the United Nation boats to the docks of the South Pole.

One with Iroh and me on it and the other two for security reasons.

It was about an hours drive before we reached land.

We must have arrived a few minutes after the big boat, which Korra, my brothers and Tenzin's family had arrived on because people were still climbing off board.

The two boats that came with us made sure we were okay before leaving us alone and Iroh tied our boat to the docks.

He helped me climb off and we walked into the big crowd of people.

I didn't have enough time to write Mako back and so no one had any idea that I was here.

Iroh stayed close behind me and helped me look for anyone I knew.

I spotted Mako, Bolin and Korra at the edge of the crowd and made my way to them.

The crowd started to cheer making me look over my shoulder and spot a big watertribe ship arrive.

I recognised it as one from the nothern tribe and cringed.

Tha chiefs kids scared me.

They were ice cold.
No pun intended.

I walked up behind Korra, Mako and Bolin who's back was now faced toward me.

I decided to rather watch the meeting of the two tribes unfold than to interrupt and wait till they were finished.

Once the northern tribe chief walked off I sneaked up behind Bolin.

Bolin was distracted by eska and desna and I used this opportunity to my advantage.

"Boo" is all it took for Bolin to shriek and jump into the air.

All three quickly turned around to see who it was and gasp when they saw it was me.

"Sis!"Bolin shouts and pulled me into a tight hug which I quickly returned.

I let go of Bolin and tightly hugged the other two.

"I thought you didn't receive my letter?"Mako asked, looking confused.

"We had sea troubles and the letter came late.There wasn't enough time for me to reply and you to receive it so I just came."I explain rubbing my gloved hands together.

"Ooh okay Uh-General Iroh? What are you doing here?"Korra asks looking past me.

I turn around and smile at Iroh who was standing about two meters behind me.

He smiles back at me and I turn back to Korra.

"General Iroh is here to help make sure that I have all the necessary resources to continue my research for the United Nations during my stay."I explain and Iroh stands next to me.

"What research are you doing?"Bolin asks curiously.

"Can't say too much but it's too find out more about the troubles we are having at sea."I explain loosely, not wanting to say too much confidential information.

I was now working for the nations and they were a bit more stricter about what I was allowed to say to the public and what not.

I see Iroh nod from the corner of my eye and hear him clear his throat.

"I will be returning back to the ships tomorrow but Sophie will stay for as long as she needs too."he explains while shaking each of their hands.

Korra had a suspicious look in her eyes and I could see a small smirk form on her face as her look went from Iroh to me and back.

"So you're staying?"Mako asks full of hope.

"Only for a few weeks but I will be returning to the ships once I am satisfied with the information I have gathered."I say making Mako falter a bit.

I greet Korra's parents and then turn to chief Unalaq.

"Miss Sophie, It's been a while since you've been in the north. How are you?Any progress in your spirit studies?"he asks as I nod my head in respect.

I've never really liked him.
He's always given me a weird vibe and would always try stick his nose in my studies.

Always asking questions and bugging me till he was happy with what I said.

"I'm good, nothing really much happening, except the usual and my studies, they are going well."I say trying to avoid the research topic.

"Good good so-"he was about say something when chief Tonraq interrupted him.

"Shall we brother."he says gesturing to the town.

He nodded and wished me a good stay.

The others looked interested except Iroh who gave me a understanding look.

He knew what my thoughts were about Unalaq and that he bothered me.

We all follow after the two chiefs and Korra takes us to our huts.

She had organised another one which was right next to mine for Iroh.

Once I was settled in I decided to catch up with Jinora which was very interesting.

After a bit we both had to get ready for the festival and said our goodbyes.

I was excited for the festival to say the least, having heard so much about it.

Iroh and me had parted from the group a few minutes after we had arrived.

Mako was too distracted arguing with Bolin to notice which was absolutely perfect for me.

No questions were going to be asked.

"And that's how I almost set my brother on fire twice in one day."I say letting out a small chuckle.

Iroh chuckles softly ,"You were a very creative child I must admit ."he says looking down at me.

"When you're always competing with people way older than you, you got to be."I shrug.

A delicious smell hits me and I grin.

"Ooh Fire flakes!"I exclaim and nod over to the stand.

We walk over together and I unhook my arm from his to grab my purse.

I hear Iroh order two bags of fire flakes and just as I'm about to pay he pushes my hand away and pays for both of us.

"You didn't have to do that, Iroh."I say as I'm handed one of the bags.

"It's my pleasure."he says taking a few fire flakes out of the bag.

" Thank you."I say and stuff a few into my mouth.

We carry on walking and stop to play a few games.

We spend the rest of the night laughing and talking about old memories.

I feel like the night goes by too quickly and as soon as I know it Iroh is standing on my hut porch wishing me good night.

I give him a hug and watch him as he walks back to his.

I wake up quite early the next morning and get ready.

I look at my watch and see that it is almost time for Iroh to leave.

I put on my bracelets and admired them for a second.

One of my best inventions yet if you ask me.

The bracelets are wide and very light.

I had designed it so that you were to move the top part from left to right it would activate the beads that were in the pouch attached to my belt.

The beads are quite big and made out of a very light but stable metal.

I could control them activating the small magnets in the bracelet.

When activated the beads moved with the movements of my body.

Similar to what water bending would look like.

The beads can also let out electrical pulses which, depending where placed, can either knock a person out or restart their bodily systems.

I was able to develop it with the recourses that the United Nations provided and the traveling I had done also helped me realise any adjustments that needed to be made.

I had only recently finished it and was taking it out on a test run before I would start giving in the order for more manufacturing and field tests.

I know what you're thinking.

Sophie you're not gonna need a electro beads out here, you're on holiday.

True but if you had worked on something for months you'd want to be the first one to try it out too.

I made sure I looked decent and opened my hut door.

I loved the fresh morning air.

It was so refreshing and reviving to me.

I was about to walk down my stairs when I noticed Iroh already standing there.

"On time like always."I chuckle.

"I woke up earlier than usual and decided to use the time wisely."he said as I walked down the stairs.

"What did you do ?"I ask curiously.

He looks into my eyes and drops the bag off his shoulder.

"I was thinking about you know...us."he says blushing slightly.

"Us?"I ask breaking out into a big smile.

"I'll be honest with you, Sophie.
Ever since we jumped out of that airplane together, I've held a certain admiration for you and that just increased after seeing what incredible things you're capable of.How our lunches brighten up my day and how I looked forward to our training sessions even if you throw a mean right hook.I was thinking about my feelings towards you. I came to the conclusion that I like you, more than a friend should.Once your back from all this, do you want to go on a date?A proper date? I'll organise it , all you got to do is say yes."he says hopefully.

I was in literal shock and Im pretty sure my eyes were bulging out of my head.

"Of course if you need more time to think about this I understand.Please don't feel any pressure or that you have to say yes.If you're not interested I-"he start rambling again but I cut him of by giving him a big hug.

"I'd love to go on a date with you.I don't even care where we go or what we do as long as it's with you."I say looking at him with pure joy.

My crush just confessed to me.
I was dying of happiness.

"Really thats amazing, thank you."he said hugging me back.

Our moment was interrupted by a ding from his watch.

He sighed and we slowly detached.

"I have get going to the docks."he says and picks up his bag.

"Of course I'll walk with you."I say dropping my arms to my sides.

"No please it's a long way to go to and back from.It's okay, really.You rather stay here.Don't you anyway have to meet your friend soon?"Iroh asks shaking his head.

"I still have a bit of time.Are you sure I shouldn't walk down with you?"I ask unsurely.

"Yes, 100% sure."he says giving me a look that tells me he's being honest.

I nod and look him in the eyes again.

"Goodbye, Phie.I'll miss seeing you on the boat everyday."he says slinging his bag over his shoulder again.

I quickly stand on my teepee toes and kiss Iroh's cheek.

"Goodbye, Iroh.I'm gonna miss you too."I admit and take a step back.

He nods and starts making his way down to the docks.

Just as he turns the corner and I'm sure he can't see me, I start jumping in the air and do a silent squeal just incase he's still in hearing range.

Once I'm done I brush my coat doen and turn back around.

But what I see makes my smile drop off my face and stop dead in my tracks.

Korra, Bolin and Mako were standing on Mako's terrace looking at me.

Korra was grinning, giving me a thumbs up but my brothers on the other hand had shocked expressions which quickly turned into disgust and disbelief.

"I knew there was something fishy about this whole thing!Research.As if."Mako shouts turning to the other two.

"I bet there was some type of research involved.Not just the type we were told about."Korra adds making me want to die.

I try to cover my face and walk back to my hut as fast as I can.

"No you don't!"Mako shouts and I hear three pairs of feet running towards me.

My shoulders slump in defeat and I turn to them, preparing for a lecture.

"What was that?"Bolin asks pointing in Iroh's direction.

"A friendly goodbye?"I almost ask, not being to sure myself.

"Nothing about that situation had anything to do with the word friend or anything similar."Mako says in disbelief.

"I must admit, Sophie. Respect."Korra says crossing her arms, giving me a smirk.

"I know right."I answer, forgetting that my brothers are right there.

"What is happening to my baby sister?"Bolin cries out.

Mako looks between Korra and me in horror before pointing a finger at me.

"Not happening, Sophie.Not today, not never.You're dying lonely.End of discussion."Mako says with finality, making me roll my eyes .

"Don't we have to go pick up Asami?"I ask, slightly annoyed.

They might be my brothers but they have no say in this.

I am allowed to have a private life

"This isn't over."Mako says, giving me a serious look.

"Let's go guys."I say turning around and quickly walking away.

Mako mumbles something making Korra laugh out loud and shout a 'as if'.

On my way to Asami I try to anti-traumatise but my mind is just replaying the fact that Mako and Bolin saw the entire interaction.

I didn't know if they had heard anything but I prayed not.

I always walked a bit infront of the others but could hear Korra making sly comments about the situation the whole way.

I wanted to fall into a hole and die that second.

We finally arrive at the place where Asami had agreed to meet us and wait.

I avoid all eye contact with my brothers while I feel them burning holes into my back.

"Don't worry, Phie.You have my full support."Korra says putting a arm over my shoulders.

I groan in annoyance and put my face in my hands.

"Make it stop."I cried into my hands.

"Never."Korra said with humor in her voice.

"Asami!"I hear Bolin shout and look up from my hands.

I shrug Korra's arm off and run towards her.

"I'm so happy you're here.I can't handle them anymore and it's been less than 24 hours"I say and tackle her into her a hug.

I hear her let out a laugh and hug me back.

"I'm happy to see you too but I was told you wouldn't be able to make."she replied.

"Plans changed."I shrug and let go of her.

She greets the others and we start walking back to the huts.

"Sophie, I have to ask you a massive favour."she says making me look up at her.

"Of course.What's up?"I ask.

"You know how future industries has been struggling.I'm meeting a potential investor today and I was wondering if you could come with.Even through you haven't been working for future industries lately, you still know most of the products better than I do.So could you come with, please ?"she asks hopefully.

"Of course, Asami.I'll help you any day."I say, nodding.

"Thank you so much."she says putting a hand on my shoulder.

We all talk for a bit more and to my suffering Asami was told what happened this morning and started  pulling me up too.

I suffered through it all while Mako looked like he was about to set something on fire.

After a bit Asami told me it's time to go and Bolin asked if he could join us, not wanting to third wheel with Korra and Mako.

Asami agreed and we all made our way to the dock where the investor was.

I tripped Bolin a couple of times on the way down to which he through a snow ball at me to which I,in return, shoved snow does his jacket.

Asami only shook her head and watched our interaction with amusement.

We arrive at the massive boat and look up in aware.

This guy is rich rich.

Asmi lets out a sigh."I'm glad you two came to this meeting with me.Varrick is one of the richest men in the world, and he controls the entire global shipping business."she explains turning towards us.

I've heard of him he's a very rich man but has a reputation for having a few screws loose.

Three months ago he tried to buy the United Nations which of course didn't work but he full on believed he could buy the entire army.

"So you're my assistant."she says pointing to Bolin.

"Just stand there and don't sat anything."she says to Bolin and turns to me.

"No problem.Pabu and I are natural assistants."Bolin answers with confidence.

"And you, Sophie, will be my mechanical advisor."she says, making me give her a thumbs up.

So basically talk when machines come up.Cool I can do that.

"What's the difference?"Bolin asks turning to me.

"It means my opinion is actually valued."I explain crossing my arms.

He gave me an offended look and was about to say something when Asami interrupts him.

"Play nice you two, no throwing each other off the boat, for now at least."she says giving us a look.

"She started it."he says pointing a accusing finger at me.

"She started it."I mimic him,"grow up."

"No you grow up."he pulls a face and crosses his arms.

Asami let's out a disappointed sigh and walks onto the boat.

Bolin sticks out his tounge which I return and shove past him, walking after Asami.

He mumbles something but I choose to ignore him for Asami's sake.

She needs this to go well.

We walk onto the boat and man it's even more impressive up here.

"Man, this is nice.I gotta get into this whole "business" thing."Bolin says walking up next to me.

"I'd like see you try."I answer as I follow Asami into a room.

In the room sat Varrick on a pillow with his fingers pressed to his head.

The whole room is quite till his eyes open and he looks around the room.

That look you would imagine a deranged person to have.

"Did you see that?Levitation!I was a foot off the ground.Is that incredible or what"He shouts making everyone clap.

I scrunch up my face in confusion and look at Asami.

I know this is the right person but let's be honest, is it really the right person.

"What?It looked like you were just sitting on a pillow."Bolin says making me gasp and step on his foot with the heel of my boots.

"Owww what? you thought the same thing."he whispers looking at me in confusion.

"Yeah but you aren't supposed to say it out loud, doofus!"I whisper-shout at him in anger.

Everyone in the room gasps and turn to Varrick who walks up to Bolin.

"Are you saying I wasn't levitating?"Varrick asks.

"Uh, no?"Bolin gulps.

Varrick turns back to all the other people in the room.

"Well, why didn't anyone tell me?Now I look like an idiot."he shouts slapping his head.

So who's gonna tell him that he looks like one either way.

"Swami, you're fired!"Varrick shouts pointing at an elderly man who immediately walks out of the room.

Varrick grabs Bolin's shoulder and pulls him closer.

"I like you, kid.You're a real straight shooter,just like me.Ms. Sato? He's with you?"he asks Asami to which she nods.

"Brought your Tiger-shark with you to do business, huh?Now that's Moxie."he say making my mouth drop open in shock.

Maybe I do have to stop being so judgmental of Bolin....Nah, it's too much fun.

He guides Bolin away and we follow.

Varrick shoos three people away from their pillows and we each take a seat.

"Get over here and pop a squat.Zhu Li, get some tea for my guests."Varrick shouts as he shoves Bolin onto a pillow.

I sit in between Bolin and Asami in silence not wanting to interrupt whatever Bolin has going on here.

When Zhu Li hands me my tea, we make eye contact and she quickly looks away.

Asami explains her situation to Varrick, how she's looking for a business partner but before she can even finish her sentence he agrees and tells her to check out his new venture, moving pictures.

He shouts at Zhu Li to do the thing and she in return shoves the tea into Bolin's lap and switches on a projector.

We all focus on the projection and I recognize this from one of the newspapers I read a couple of weeks ago.

"Mind-blowing, right?"he asks us.

"Yeah"Bolin admits.

"Now, forget that,That's the past!Shut it off, Zhu Li!Imagine watching this."he says and gestures for someone to walk over.

"Ginger, do your poses."Varrick says as pretty red head walks in front of us.

I hear Bolin gasps as she starts posing.

I glance at Bolin next to me and see that he is literally drooling.

"Eww...Get your act together!Have some respect."I say and hit the back of his head.

He stops drooling but carries on ogling her.

Varrick starts explaining his idea and tells ginger to leave.

Varrick sits right between Bolin and me.

"How about that, Golden eyes?"he asks, acknowledging me for this first time.

I shrug in response, not sure what to say.

"We're gonna do big business with these "movers," as I call 'em."
Varrick says putting a arm around Bolin.

I feel Asami put a hand on my shoulder and I lean back slightly so she has direct contact with Varrick.

"Okay. But I'm just concentrating on getting future industries back on track.If we could hammer out a deal—"Asami starts to bargain but is interrupted by Varrick.

"Stop.Look me in the eye."he says going nose to nose with her.

Has this guy ever heard of personal space ?

"We got a deal."he shouts making Asami fall onto her back.

Zhu li and I help Asami up and we both stand.

"We'll hammer out the details at the royal feast tonight.Now who wants a rocket-boat ride ?" he shouts making everyone cheer and follow him outside.

"Is that how business usually goes?"Bolin asks making me and Asami both hug Bolin.

He really helped Asami today, in his own weird, Bolin way.

"You're a natural assistant."I laugh and Asami ruffles his hair.

After everything is settled, well as far as something can be settled with Varrick, we return back to the huts and get ready for the royal feast tonight.

I put on the only more formal outfit I had and plat my hair.

Once all of us were ready we made our way to where the feast was held and took a seat at one of the tables.

We shared a table with Varrick, his assistant and Ginger, who was a bit stuck up, which was a very interesting combo.

At one point chief Unalaq stood up and gave a speech about the spirit festival and how it has gone down the drain.

"Angry spirits are already attacking ships in your warters.It has reached to the point where even the United Nations have to step in and send one of their best to evaluate the situation."he announces looking over at me, the attention making eye sink lower into my seat.

"I only hope we are not to late to change course."he says sitting back down.

Mako and Bolin looked over at me in question but before I could explain, Varrick thankfully interrupts us.

I didn't tell them that I was here for angry spirits.
I said research but never really specified for what exactly.

I wasn't allowed to tell them more than on a need to know basis and they didn't have to know.

Varrick announces tonights entertainment and I fumbled with my bracelet.

What is Unalaq planning?

After the feast we went back to the market and I felt lonely.

Korra and the others cornered me after the feast and told me that they wanted to know exactly why I was here and what Unalaq meant.

I reluctantly agreed which seemed to satisfy them enough to let me be for the night.

Bolin and I were both eating fried dumplings on a stick while Korra and Mako were sharing Cotten candy.

This festival just seemed to get better and better by the day.

One day you're walking around with a hot general and the next you're eating fried dumplings on a stick while third wheeling.
How fast the night changes.

What a down grade but Eh could be worse.

I heard Korra giggle making me look over and pull a face when she starts feeding Mako some Cotten candy.

I turned away with a disgusted look and ripped another dumpling of my stick.

It could be worse, Sophie, it could be worse.

At least I have food and enough money to buy me a ton more.

I hear Bolin clear his throat and turn around to see him nudge Mako's arm.

"Wish me luck.I'm making my move."he says handing me his food, making me smile with glee.

"Good luck, brother."I shout after him encouragingly.

"Bet you three coins she'll be dragging his ass across the festival in less than.....five minutes. "I say rippin off another dumpling.

"Deal"Mako says nodding.

"Those two have alway creeped me out.They smell like a grandma's attic."Korra says making me giggle.

We watch the interaction go down and Eska in fact does end up picking him up by the collar of his jacket and dragging him which makes me hold out my hand for the three coins.

"How'd you know she'd do that?"he asks annoyed.

"Seems like the type too."I answer stuffing the coins into my coat pocket.

"Let's get going guys."Korra says to us.

"Mako please, I don't want to third wheel tonight.Can I please walk around by myself.I'm sure it's safe."I plead with him.

"Come on, Sophie.We haven't spent time together in ages and to be honest, I don't want you walking around here alone,this isn't republic city."he says.

"Come on, Sophie.We'll have fun." Korra says encouragingly.

"Fine but I need more food first."I say gesturing over to the fire flakes.

I get my necessary supplies and walk around the festival with them.

We end up by a water gun game and start playing.

"Unalaq offered to train me and teach me about the spirits and my connection with them."she says making me look over at her.

"Sounds good.What does Tenzin think?"Mako asks making me shake my head.

How to make Korra mad 101.

"Tenzin thinks I'm his prisoner or one of his kids.I'll never finish training with him in charge."she says and a massive water blast comes out of her gun, making her win the game.

"You choose something, Sophie."
Korra tells me and nods over to the prizes.

I thank her and walk over.

I choose a air bison and hold it in my arms.

It's so soft and fluffy.

I take it back,
How to make Korra win you prizes 101.

"I mean, you heard what Unalaq said, the south is spiritually unbalanced, and it's the avatar's job to fix it."she says as we carry on walking.

"The avatar is seen as the bridge between the spirits world and ours"I say holding up my stuffie, making her look at me.

"Exactly, but my dad won't even let me think about Unalaq teaching me."she says looking back at Mako, expectedly.

"Well?"Korra asks him.

"Well, what?"Mako asks making me look at him.

Now buddy watch what you say, no need to make the avatar angry.

"What do you think I should do?"she asks.

"I guess you should do what you think is right.I support whatever decision you make."he says making me roll my eyes.

What type of answer is that.

The type she doesn't want to hear.

"Oh, thanks.That's a big help."she says looking at me to which I shrug.

I'm not getting in the middle of this nor am I saving him, brother or not.

"I thought you wanted me to be supportive.Now you want me to tell you what I think?Make up your mind."he says raising his voice.

I'm feel like my parents are fighting and I'm in that awkward situation where you don't know what to do.

Korra grabs my air bison and shoves it in Mako's face.

"Just forget it."she says and walks away.

He looks at the sky bison and then back at me.

"You'd think after raising me for eleven years you'd know how to handle girls."I say and take back bogo, my air bison.

Mako sighs and puts a arm over my shoulders pulling me into his side.

"Let's go back to the huts."he says and we start walking towards the exit.

Just as I'm about to reply, I let out a yawn.

"Yeah, Let's go."He says and I nod.

We walk back to the huts and Mako drops me off before going to his.

I must have fallen asleep the second I layed back on my bed because the next thing I knew I woke up to this weird feeling in the back of my neck.

I shivered and jumped up looking around me.

Something was wrong.

I could hear explosions from outside and turned to the door but saw something that made me scream.

It looked at me for just a second before it screeched and jumped over my bed.

I quickly activated my bracelets and hear the beads hum.

I rolled under my bed just in time and prevented the thing from jumping on top of me.

My beads quickly started to move out of the bag and attach to the tips of my fingers.

Just as I was about to crawl out from the other side the bed was flipped over, causing me to scream again.

I moved my arm towards it, making the beds shoot off my finger tips and towards the beast.

Every time it made contact with the beast it gave off an electrical shock that just seemed to annoy it rather than hurt it.

It swatted the beads away but they would return every time.

I got up on my feet and bolted for the door.

I really have to work on the effectiveness of the beads on super natural beings.

I threw the door open but heard the thing screech again and run after me.

I heard a thud from outside my hut and saw Korra's dad lying on the ground.

I didn't even have the time to think about what I was going to do before I feel the Creature running towards me.

I run down the stairs and on the snow covered path.

I decide to take the fast rout down and slide down one of the edges.

Just as I make it to the bottom, the beast jumps in front of me, blocking my path.

I get a good look at it this time with the help of the festival lights and see that this thing is actually a spirit.

A bad, evil spirit.

One of its tentacles grabs my leg and throws me straight into the air, into the direction of the festival.

I'm in the air for a solid few seconds before I hit the floor a bit away from someone else.

I hear a groan and look over,"Korra."I breath out, too quite for her to hear, feeling like all the air got punched out of me.

Just as the spirit was about to attack Korra, water surrounds it and the spirit's darkness starts to fade.

The last thing I see is glowing and a person running towards me before everything goes black.

———————

I feel as if a weight was taken off my ribs and take a deep breath.

I open my eyes slowly and I look to my side.

"Master Katara."I greet quietly.

"Just Katara, dear."she says and I close my eyes again.

"What happened?"I ask, trying to remember but only getting vivid bits.

"You'll remember soon but for now you should relax."she says as the water stops glowing.

"Do you want me to call your brothers in?It was a fight to get them to leave and they are waiting right outside."she asks, giving me a soft smile.

I look around and see that I'm in a hut.

"Yes please."I say taking another deep breath.

Katara walks out and my brothers rush in.

They immediately start fussing over me and tell me what happened.

I slowly start remembering what happened to me and I must say, I came to the right spot to study Spirits.

Korra and Asami come in a bit afterwards and we talk for a bit.

Korra tells me that Tenzin is not her master anymore but Unalaq.

I must say his spirit bending is impressive but just ditching Tenzin like that doesn't sit right with me.

But at the same time who am I to say something.

Katara's healing made me feel as good as new and gave me enough energy to get ready for bed.

Mako and Bolin decided to stay with me just in case something were to happen again, which I tried to argue about but at the end didn't have enough energy.

The night went by quickly and I woke up before both my brothers which brought me the pleasure of kicking them awake.

A sibling's duty, honestly.

Bolin and I went out looking for food while Mako decided to keep Korra company as they watch Tenzin fly off.

I had my thoughts about Unalaq and to be honest none of them were very good, so I'm interested to see how this plays out.

Hopefully good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 837 54
The Noble house of Yang has been the fire Lords strong right arm for as long as anyone can remember. A house of warriors who's only purpose in life i...
42.3K 1.2K 25
______________________________ ______________________ Book 1; Y/n daughter of Commander Bumi and M/n a fragile noble from the fire nation who died wh...
623K 25.3K 60
An Avatar: The Last Airbender Fanfiction (Zuko X OC) "And lastly, we are free, but we are not our own persons." At this, the student frowned and...
47.2K 1.6K 25
。・:*:・✰ 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘂𝗻𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 . 𝗸𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗶 𝘅 𝗳𝗲𝗺! 𝗿𝗲𝗮...