Rebirth of Faye

By Song_smile

Her simple life was being abandoned by her parents and tossed away by the one she loves for a single person w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Notice Not A Hiatus
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72 (End)
Author's Note/Notice!
Side Story: Janine's Expected Love Part 1
SS: Janine's Expected Love Part 2
SS: Janine's Expected Love Final Part
Side Story: Lake's Overcoming Love Part 1
SS: Lake's Overcoming Love Part 2
SS: Lake's Overcoming Love Part 3
SS: Lake's Overcoming Love Part 4
SS: Lake's Overcoming Love Final Part
Side Story: Ian's Long Love Part 1
SS: Ian's Long Love Final Part
Side Story: The Missing Past Part 1
SS: The Missing Past Part 2
SS: The Missing Past Final Part

Chapter 50

5.3K 146 13
By Song_smile

"Faye, I'll be leaving now," Eve said, packing up her stuff. "Alright, head home safe," Faye replied back as she was looking over some documents she received from Leo since she will be handling part of his work.

"You also be safe. Don't overwork yourself since you are still injured," Eve said. "Are you sure you don't want me to stay to help you out?" Eve added.

"That won't be necessary since this has nothing to do with what we were doing for the investment project," Faye said. "Alright," Eve slowly made her way to the door.

Once Eve was opening the door, Dave was already watching Eve. So when she was leaving the office room, he walked towards her. She had already spotted him as she hurried towards the elevator. However, she knew that he would probably make it to the elevator, so she opened the doors to go down the stairs. She hurried down the stairs as she could hear footsteps chasing after her. She went down two levels of stairs before a hand grabbed her arm. "Eve, we need to talk," Dave said as they both were panting.

"I told you there's nothing to talk about," she said, trying to escape his grasp. "Yes, we do," Dave said firmly.

"I already know what you are going to say! That you are disgusted to see me do such a thing. I'm sorry... I won't do that anymore! I'm done, so don't say it. I don't want to hear it. Even though I already know it. You saying it aloud is something else. I can't hear... I'm a coward, so let go," Eve hastily said as she couldn't look him in the eye but at the floor. She was still trying to remove his hand.

There was silence before he spoke, "How do you know what I'm going to say when I didn't say anything to you? What if it's the opposite..." Eve stopped struggling with his hand and held it as she looked up. "What.. what do you mean," she said.

"What if I do have feelings for you?" he said, embarrassed. Eve stood there, shocked for a moment, with her eyes widened a bit before sadly smiling, "Thank you...., but that wasn't me. Sorry, I'm not that timid or pure woman you like."

She removed his hand from her arm before trying to walk away. However, he once again grabbed her, "Who said I like you because you were timid or shy? You know I noticed who you really are when you are with Faye," he said with a smile as Eve was stunned, with her cheek turning red. "When you are with Faye, I see how enthusiastic you are and how your eyes light up in ambition when you do your work," he said as Eve immediately blushed in embarrassment and looked at the ground. "That's why I asked you, why you were so uncomfortable with me," he continued, lifting her head up. "I'm sorry for creating this mess," he said before leaning down and kissing her lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

815K 33.5K 55
The dark gloomy day she died, regretting all she never managed to do, she thought would be her last. She never expected to reincarnate into another p...
1.4M 53.1K 49
Others carved her past, she was now deciding her future. But was she living? The memories that haunted her determine each decision she made until he...
5.2M 199K 55
My name is Calla Lind. For 20 years, I have lived within the shadow of my beautiful older sister - chasing and holding onto an illusion of love. A lo...
4.3K 62 10
She left a normal life to live a life underground. Was it the right choice for her or are her friends worried?