The Greatest (TLOK)

Oleh JaneMayLily

Everyone dreams of being the greatest at something. May it be the greatest bender, the greatest warrior or ev... Lebih Banyak

Important stuff (I swear)
~Playlist~
OC and extra info
Face Claim
OC Clothing ideas book 1
1) The Avatar (Book 1)
2) I told you so
3) The get together
4) If I was a rich girl
5) Brothers
6) Skyfall
7) Kai
8) Stirring the tea
9) The sacrifice
10) Attack
11) Auto Pilot
End of Book 1
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 2
13) Oh my spirits (book 2)
14) A mechanic or a sorcerer
15) Tension is in the air...
16)...everywhere I look around
17) The big bang
18) Lights, Camera, Action
19) Smooth criminal
20) A prison and A premier
21) Bright and deadly
22) Bad Sophie
23) A giant women
End of book 2
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 3
24) A Sneeze and a blast (book 3)
25) Kai 2.0
26) We are family
27) Treason
28) Kuvira
29) I'm glad
30) Life saver
31) Wait and see
32) Prison Blues
33) Always
34) Almost dying=Motivation
35) The first kill
End of book 3
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 4
36) See you again (book 4)
37) Stabbing the tension
38) Pulling a 'Kuvira'
39) Unpleasant Pleasantries
40) Fever dreams
41) Put a ring on it
42) Coward

12) A last good bye

412 13 2
Oleh JaneMayLily

Sophie POV

2 weeks later

Today is a beautiful day.

The sun is shining and the birds are singing.

Republic city was finally at peace and the renovations were on a role.

Korra and Mako were all lovey dovey which made me groan in annoyance as that is all they've been doing this entire time.

And let's just ignore the fact that Asami, his ex, was in the same room a few meters away from them.

We were all still living on air temple island but Mako, Bolin and I are moving out soon.

We decided to get our own apartment, that was relatively cheap, as Mako was about to start at the police and would be getting a decent salary.

Bolin wasn't too sure what he was going to do and I was still deciding on my options.

I had received a offer from the united Nation about a week ago and when I told everyone they were ecstatic.

They said that I should take the opportunity even if it meant leaving republic city behind for a bit.

My brothers were trying to be happy for me, I know they were, but I could see the look they shared when I told them.

The look that meant they actually didn't want me to leave.

I was considering the offer but I hadn't made a final decision yet.

There was still something that wouldn't leave the back of my mind.

Kai.

I hadn't seen him since the airship and this weird feeling, that something bad had happened, wouldn't leave me.
I always pushed it away but it never really left.

It was now afternoon and the whole team was chilling in a lounge in the air temple when a guru walked in.

"Miss Sophie, there's someone at the docks who requests to see you."he says giving me a nod.

I jumped up quickly making the others look at me in question.

I ignore them and throw the book I had been reading in Bolin's lap, well at Bolin.

I grabbed my skirt, bunched it up a bit and thanked him.

He nodded again and left.

I  ran out of the air temple and to the docks as quickly as my legs would take me.

I looked around for Kai but only saw a old lady looking out onto the sea at the end of the docks.

"Mrs Smith?"I shout curiously.

"What are you doing here?"I ask as I walk closer to her.

She turns around and the look on her face immediately tells me something is wrong.

She had one of sorrow and what I could only describe as heart break.

"Hallo dear "she says, her voice crocky as if she had been crying, a lot.

I pull her into a hug and give her a tight squeeze.

"Is everything okay?"I ask pulling away.

She grabs my hand and gives it a tight squeeze.

"I came to talk to you about...Kai."
she says pausing before saying his name.

This feeling creeps back into my stomach.

"Is he okay?I haven't seen him in a bit."I say swallowing hard, scared of what she was gonna tell me.

"I'm sorry dear but he-he was found two days ago.He was what they call, one of Amon's casualties.He isn't with us anymore."she says with tears in her eyes.

It feels like the world around me stops and I start to hear the rushing of my blood in my ears.

Before I could stop it I started crying my eyes out.

I could feel Mrs Smith pull me into a hug and let out a sob herself.

I cried into her shoulder till I felt like I couldn't anymore.

It felt like I had to say something, comfort her but I physically couldn't get anything out of me.

"Im so sorry, dear.I know how close you two were.He loved you."she says putting a hand on my cheek.

I just nodded and closed my eyes.

I my whole body was in pain.

My chest hurt, my heart hurt, everything hurt.

"I'm sorry, my child but I have to go.Kai's funeral is in three days and I still have to sort some things out before that."she said and dropped her hand from my face.

I nodded and she told me she'll send someone to give me the details tomorrow.

I thanked her quietly and watched her climb back onto the ship.

We waved at each other as she sailed away.

Once she was far away I turned back to the temple.

I still had a ringing in my ear and my hands wouldn't stop shaking.

"Sophie, are you okay?"I heard Jinorra ask as I walked off the docks.

I looked at her and saw that Ikki and Meelo were standing with her looking just as concerned.

I try to wipe my eyes with my shaky hands and nod,"I-I'm okay guys, no need to worry.I'm fine."I say feeling tears threatening to fall from my eyes again.

I look down onto the floor, trying to avoid eye contact.

"You're lying."I hear Meelo say followed by the sound of a kick.

"Do we need to call your brothers for you?"Ikki asks turning to the temple.

"No, No, I want to be alone for a bit."I say and turn to the dorms.

"If you need anything, tell us."Jinorra offers softly.

"I will.Thank you."I say and walk towards the dorms.

I try to keep myself composed till I close my room door and then move to sit on the floor next to my bed.

I feel the sobs rack through my body and hug my knees.

This wasn't fair.

He promised.

I thought trying to catch my breath.

I don't know how long I sat on the floor before their was a knock on my door.

I didn't say anything but rather hid my face inbetween my knees.

I heard the sliding door open and a couple of gasps.

"Sophie?"I heard Bolin ask quietly.

Instead of answering him I felt another sob rack through my body followed by a hiccup.

Foot steps walked closer to me and I felt two people sit next to each of my sides and put a arm around me.

"What happened?"Mako asks, sitting on my right.

Instead of answering I press my face into his shoulder and take my time to calm down.

Once I feel a bit calmer I open my eyes and look up at him, then at Bolin who was sitting on the other side and then at Korra and Asami who were standing in front of me.

They all look concerned and as if they were ready to do anything to make me feel better.

I let out another hiccup and leaned the back of head against the bed.

"He's dead.Kai is dead."I say looking up at the ceiling.

The others didn't say anything but kept me company till I fell asleep from exhaustion.

The days leading up to Kai's funeral and afterwards were some of the worst days I've ever had.

I didn't feel like myself and didn't act like it either.

Everyone was concerned about me and treated me like I was a object at the brink of breaking.

A broken, useless, sad object.

It was now almost another week from when I was first told the news and it felt like it was one of the longest weeks of my life.

Bolin and Mako decided that it was best we move out soon for what ever reason and I didn't object.

I didn't object or say anything the past week.

Which concerned everyone the most.

I was always a very talkative person and I knew this was very out of character for me but I just couldn't help it.

I just didn't feel like talking.

I was at my old office today packing up some of the stuff I still have left there.

I overheard Asami say how she is going to have to close that sector down and that everything has to be removed.

I asked her if I could remove my stuff personally rather than letting some stranger go through everything.

I had just finished my shelves and had now started on my desk.

I was about to finish the last drawer and fished out the last piece of paper in it.

The plain side was facing me and when I turned it around my heart felt like someone stabbed it again.

It was a picture of Kai and I with the first car we had ever fixed together.

I decided that it was time for me to do more than just sit around, wallowing in self petty the entire day and try to actually process this.

I made sure all my things were packed and placed the photo of Kai and I on top of all the things.

I grabbed my coat and made my way to the place I knew would partly haunt me forever.

When I arrived I pushed open the gate and made my way to the place I had just been too a couple of days ago.

I lit a candle and put it with all the other ones.

"Didn't think you'd see me again this soon, eh Kai?"I ask and sit down infront of him.

"You broke our promise, you know that? you were never really good at keeping promises anyway so it's okay."I say placing my hands onto my thighs.

There was a beat of silence before I let out a sigh.

"You know, Kai.I'm never going to admit this to anyone but you, well  who are you gonna tell anyway through ?"I ask and chuckle a bit.

"I actually agreed with a Amon on something, his preach for equality.He just got a very, very big part wrong in his way to bring "equality" to all of us.You shouldn't have to be physically the same to be treated as equal.Equality should come with being human and something everyone should have, no matter how "different" they are to someone else."I explain to him.

The wind blew making my hair sweep to the side and in that moment I decided on something.

"And that is why I'm going to take the job at the United Nations.To help defend the people who can't defend themself and spread the true meaning of equality through all  the nations."I say, nodding to myself.

"I'm sure you'd be proud of me.Well I think that and even through your not here anymore and I'm talking to a rock, you'll always be with me, calling me hotshot and telling me how many more bitches you get than me, even when you're dead."I say and sigh.

I talk for a bit more till the sun starts to set.

"Kai, I think it's time for me to leave.My brothers are probably looking for me at this point.I'll send out the letter to the United Nations tomorrow and hopefully they'll still let me join."I conclude and push myself off the ground.

I take a deep breath and it felt like a weight fell off my shoulders.

I needed this.

A last goodbye, one that I could start moving on from.

"See you, idiot."I say and read the engraved words on the stone for the last time in a while.

Kai Smith.
Loving son, brother, grandchild and friend.
Will be remembered for his Witt and charm.
May he strive in the spirit realm and watch over all those he loves.

I turn back to the entrance with a small smile but stop when I see the whole team standing there, looking at me.

I don't know how they all knew I was here but I didn't really care either.

I gave them all a small smile and walked towards them.

"Let's go, home."I say and look over my shoulder one last time.

Rest in peace Kai,
I'm going to miss you.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

77.5K 1.5K 31
Suhara is a runaway prince of the Fire Nation, presumed dead by his family. He was taught fire bending at first by his father, but because of being...
47.1K 1.6K 25
。・:*:・✰ 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘂𝗻𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 . 𝗸𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗶 𝘅 𝗳𝗲𝗺! 𝗿𝗲𝗮...
You & I Oleh eggsinapott

Fiksi Penggemar

381K 11.6K 63
A READER X IROH II FAN FIC I wrote this for myself but you can read it, too, if you'd like. Y/N is a water bender living in a Fire Nation village ge...
6.9K 141 8
A hundred years ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. That changed, though, after Avatar Roku died and Fire Lord Sozin launched the Great...