The Tyrant King's Queen

By anjay_writess

"Look at me properly and try to remember." He implored her, his silvery eyes boring into hers. Maya raised he... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60/Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1(First day of spring.)
New Book!-His Mail Order Bride

Chapter 36

13.3K 652 46
By anjay_writess

Playlist: Tragic by Tommee Profitt featuring Fleurie.

       A few days later, Nicholas knelt before the royalty, his gaze on the ground as the queen spoke. The king was with her, and the air was riddled with tension that made it impossible for him to breathe.

     "I'll help Gegoria in any way I can but you have to promise not to do anything stupid." Maya was saying, her voice calm and controlled. He gritted his teeth, his vision blurring with rage.

      "Yes, your highness." He forced out, the words leaving a bitter aftertaste in his mouth.

     "It's Your Majesty." A low voice corrected and his felt his blood run cold. He clenched his fists.

     "I apologise, your majesties." He answered.

     He heard the queen clear her throat and she continued. " We would be letting you go back now but don't forget we would be watching. If you decide to pose as a threat to Madonia, we would not hesitate to attack. This will be your final warning."

     "Yes, your majesty." He replied. Only then was he allowed to raise his head. They were sitting together and he wavered just a little. They looked so powerful together, he has never seen the princess look more authoritative. She was always hiding in the shadows back in the palace and despite her death glares and empty threats, she was mostly harmless. He subconsciously swallowed. Maybe she was right. Maybe she really wasn't being maltreated by him.

    That confused him. How would someone who was so heartless to everyone be sweet to her? What sort of history do they have together? He was forced on his feet by the guards that were nearby.

     "You will be accompanied back to Gegoria. Try to placate the people while you're there. I'll send help soon." Maya spoke once again.

    "Thank you for your mercy." He said, bowing once more. He raised his head and his eyes briefly met the king and he stiffened. Those icy eyes were glaring back at him not bothering to hide their intentions. He wanted to kill him. Great, because that was the same thought running through his head. The animosity between them was astounding.

     Maya touched his hand and he saw him soften just a little. He glanced briefly at her and she smiled at him. Nicholas was surprised by the act. The guards led him out of the throne room to the carriage, still bound in  his hands and legs, making it impossible to struggle against them.

     He was made to seat between two burly soldiers and after confirming that they were ready, The carriage began moving. As they journeyed out of the palace, he slipped back to the thoughts that had been plaguing him these past few days. Frankly, he couldn't believe his ears. The princess didn't just defend the man who had destroyed their kingdom, attacked her family with no cause and plunged everyone into despair. He had hoped she would help with his plans for revenge but it looked like she wanted no part of it. He couldn't be more disappointed.

     An image flashed in his mind and his heart ached. Princess Agatha. The only reason he had bothered seeking out the princess. They had been betrothed to each other and about to get married when the attack happened. He couldn't be more devastated. He just wanted vengeance for her death but it looked like it won't be happening.

    They had travelled for the whole day without rest and Nicholas was nodding off in the carriage where he was seated when he heard an explosion outside that jolted him awake. Glancing around furtively,  he came to the daunting realization that they had been attacked. The soldiers who had been guarding the carriage from outside quickly began to fight but since they were outnumbered, they were soon overpowered.

     It was clear that no one was expecting the attack. Still bound, Nicholas managed to escape from the carriage, running as fast as his legs could take him. Someone was running after him and he soon caught up with him. Hitting him behind the head and he fell to the ground, head throbbing, his vision growing hazy. The person turned him around and punching at the jaw, effectively knocked him out. He mumbled a silent curse before he fell unconscious.
.
.
.
      When he awoke, he couldn't figure out where he was. His head was throbbing and hsi throat was parched. It took a while for his eyes to adjust to the darkness, his sight blurry. He tried to move and discovered to his dismay that he had been tied down to a chair. Raising his head, he gazed around him. He seemed to be in a shack of some sort, the old musty smell assaulting his nose, causing him to wrinkle them. He tried to struggle but seeing he couldn't break free, soon gave up.

      " You're awake." A soft voice spoke and only then did he realise he wasn't alone. He turned to the direction and found another hooded figure, her chin only visible in the dim lighting.

      "Who are you and what do you want from me?" He asked, his voice painfully hoarse. He renewed his struggles. The person walked forward before removing her hood, revealing her face. If this was in a different scenario, he would have been surprised at the face behind the cloak but he was too worked up to try. He just stared at her, dazed.

        "I'm your closest ally." She replied, her voice unnaturally calm.

        "Ally?"

       "You probably don't know me. It's okay. You don't have to. I was the one who saved you from the soldiers." Fleurie continued.

      " I wasn't in any danger." He fired back, his eyes narrowing.

      " That's what you think. But one thing I know about King Dexter is that he doesn't let people go that easily."

      At the mention of the King's name, Nicholas froze. He snapped hah head to look at her. " Y-you know King Dexter?" He stuttered out, surprised.

       Fleurie let out a wry smile but her eyes darkened. "I was engaged to his brother once... So yes, I do know him."

      " Who are you really?" He asked, slightly intrigued.

       "I'm princess Fleurie..." She replied, but looked away. "But maybe I shouldn't go around with that title anymore since the king already stripped my father of his." She said.

     "Why did you save me?"

     " Isn't it obvious? I need your help. I've been watching you for a while now and I have discovered that maybe we do have the same goals. You do want to get revenge on the King for destroying your kingdom, do you not?" She asked.

     " I'm not getting revenge. I want to rescue my princess." Nicholas stated vehemently.

     " Whatever you say. Believe whatever you will. My point is, we both want the same thing. We've both lost precious things because of that monster and we want to get rid of him.  If you want to rescue your princess, you'll have to kill the king first." Fleurie's stated.

      She watched as the knight grew conflicted and hoped he would agree to her plans. After the king had thrown her out of the palace, she'd seen nothing but hell in her father's hands. He'd taken out all his frustrations for loosing his title and half of territory on her, giving her baseless punishments and planning to send her away to her mother's hometown. Terrified, she'd run away. She has nothing but hate for the woman who made her this way. She just wants to kill her and she may have found the perfect weapon.

     "How do I know if you're trustworthy?"

     "I stayed in the palace for quite a while before I... Left. I can help you get into the palace. I still have a few spies in there."

     "What do I have to do?"

     "Easy." She brought out a vial from a hidden pocket in the cloak she was wearing. "Find a way to pour this into the king's meal. He'll be dead in an hour or less."

    "You want me to Poison the king? That's ridiculous!"

     " It's the only way you can effectively kill him. Declaring a war will be of no use. The Madonia army is strong. I'm sure you're aware of that. By now he would have found out that your carriage has been attacked and he's already looking for you. Why don't you use this chance when he's unsettled to get rid of him? That way, we both can have what we want. This is your only chance."

     Nicholas wanted refuse, saying he wanted no part of this ridiculous plan. Once again, an image flashed in his mind and his gaze darkened. He could convince the queen while he's at it.

      "Fine. I'll do it." He grated out.

      Fleurie smiled then. An evil, devious smile. "Good decision. We begin work immediately." She said before walking out of the shack, closing the door behind leaving Nicholas to wonder just what he has gotten himself into.
.
.
.
    The information got to Madonia the next day. Dexter was with Maya when a guard came to report it to him. His expression changed instantly, turning grave.

     "What's wrong?" Maya asked, instantly worried.

      Dexter clenched his jaw, a muscle ticking in his jaw. He fell silent for so long, Maya began to think he wouldn't answer. "He didn't get to Gegoria." Dexter told Maya. It took a while for the words to register. When it did, her eyes slowly widened.

     "Why?" She asked, her heart pounding.

       He glanced at her then. "Their carriage was attacked. Someone killed the soldiers that accompanied him and he escaped. Maya stood stunned, unable to believe her ears.

         "What?!"

A/N
Sorry for the late update... School work is kicking my ass here. Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Let me know your thoughts!!!
See you in the next chapter 🙈😉😉
Don't forget to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 560 55
What would happen if Prince Charming married the Evil Queen? Only Frederick is anything but a noble fairy-tale prince. He's a power-hungry general wi...
10M 752K 88
Marriage had always been my dream but not to a man about whom I know nothing. The moment my father fixed an alliance of me to a Prince without even t...
291K 17.2K 20
My eyes open again when he pulls his thumb out of my mouth. I was staring at Thaddeus, wondering if he felt what I had felt. His gaze gave him away...
3.1K 154 22
In the realm of shadows, their souls collide, He, a tempest of hatred, she, love's gentle tide. A monstrous heart, consumed by darkness' might, Yet s...