๐•‹๐•™๐•– ๐•‚๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜'๐•ค ๐•ƒ๐• ๐•ง๐•–๐•ฃ

By auroraleclair

Baldwin IV, called the Leper, was King of Jerusalem in the medieval age of the 12th century. He start his rei... More

Ch.2
Ch.3
Ch.4
Ch.5
Author's Note
Ch.6
Ch.7

Ch.1

3.6K 106 24
By auroraleclair

"He... is Jerusalem."

You told yourself that over and over again...

You weren't supposed to come across him,

in his life.

You were supposed to avoid getting involved in his life.

Or else you might change history.

You've been warned before.

But you choose to save him instead.

What are the odds of time travel then if you had?

You might can't return anymore.

But what to lose when everything you love is here instead..?

*

* * *

In the year 2022, the present day, 17th of December.

The funeral took place and there were unfamiliar faces you have never seen before. You somehow felt small and nervous as people's eyes were on you. This is your uncle's funeral. You did recognize some faces, however; his exes. You're uncle, Duke Donovan is your father, and your mother; your only parent. You hold a white rose and you said your last goodbye with tears running down from your eyes. The funeral went smoothly. And it was finally over, people one by one left but only one stood with you until the end. You felt imbalanced and almost fall, and the person who stood beside you grabs you before you fall. It must be fatigue, you think. But truth be told, you haven't eaten anything for the past two days. You just can't bring yourself to.

Then he walks side by side with you and takes you to his car. Both of you went to have breakfast at a restaurant not far from there because he knows you haven't had anything this morning and these past two days. He urged you to order and eat something, which you did but only eat a spoonful after. The man that accompanies you is your uncle's lawyer and his best friend, Tristan Will.

"It's a good decision. The faster the burial is, the best for him," he said looking at you. "Most people just, took longer because they couldn't bring themselves to. But it's actually bad for them.."

"I know." You said.

You remembered back then when Tristan asks you when your uncle, Duke should be buried. You were shocked at first but Tristan convinced you that decision is on you and he'll handle the rest. And so you thought, the faster the better. You don't want him to suffer more. He should finally rest.

"When he-uh, he told me before that you were scared of dogs." He looks at you for your confirmation.

You nod, confused by his question. "I do."

"I have a cat so.. do you scared of cats too?" He looks worried.

"Not really, but I do, however... find them annoying." You admit. Well, cats love attention. You never have them but you still think they and you are a no-no.

"You'll love her!", he exclaims. He tells you that he has a cat named Luna. A Bombay black cat. You were surprised he took in a black cat because a lot of people believe the bad omen they bring. But he just brushes it off. He doesn't believe those stuff. He then tells some stories about Luna. So you noted that he has a cat named Luna and is a cat lover.

After some while then, he tries to talk to you about something, but he seems hesitant.

"I know you don't want to talk about it, but we both know he left a will for you," he stopped and continue, "it's important. He told me on his deathbed-"

"I don't want anything from him!" you snapped. You can feel your blood boils.

"But-"

"I just want him!" you shout.

Then the entire restaurant went silent, eyes on you. You instantly regret it. You feel embarrassed. Tristan just nods with his head down... Thankfully it's not a busy hour in the morning. So there were lesser people. But still. How embarrassing, you think. Tristan then brings out a brown envelope to you.

"Happy birthday," he said. Your eyes widened, shocked. You try to remember what date today is.

"He knows your birthday is coming, and.. he knows he won't make it. Oh and today is not your birthday- it's tomorrow actually but I just want to give it to you earlier because I have a flight tonight, so," he continues, "We'll talk about the will later. It's my fault. Should've talked about it later. But I hope you take the gift at least." he sounds sorry and regretful for earlier.

You looked at the envelope.

"Sorry." You somehow feel bad and ridiculous. You are not the only one who is sad and angry... Tristan too.

"Hey, finish your meal." he points at your plate and smile instead.

You both left the restaurant. It's the first time in the first two days you felt full. Even though you only finish half of it. And you fell asleep in the car, the first in two days, holding the brown envelope.

You remember like it was yesterday. Growing up wasn't easy for you. You had nobody to lean on or somebody to tell you, to guide you. You were aimless. You wish you had a mentor back then, instead of a parent or the love and attention you desperately wanted. So that you can do well in life. You are much calmer now. After all the storms you went through, you thought you can finally be happy.

But the world makes sure to break you. They will haunt you and makes sure you to fell into a deep hole of hopelessness... and darkness. You even turn away from God, whom you love all your heart because you can't take the pain and truth. And you hated yourself for that. You lose the only being who loves you more than a mother would, more than your mother ever would. When she left you at the orphanage and never came back for you...

You grow up from one family to another when your uncle, Duke took you in three years ago. That's when you learn you have an uncle, from your father's side. You feel bad and guilty when you are the reason why he's been single all this time. You watch women come and go out of his lives. But he only laugh as he patted your head. He makes the worse dad jokes you could remember. You just don't understand why he took you in you until he said something that it sticks with you. It's because we're family, he said. He patted your head again, this time intentionally messing your hair. And you remember you yell at him how many times not to do it because it took you half an hour to do your hair. He only laughs at you as you sulked.

Then he's gone from your life, but forever...

You know heaven exists, you know he is somewhere up there above the clouds, watching you. He did, even after he died he make sure you were safe and sound...

Turns out your uncle trusted you to Tristan and so he becomes your guardian according to his will if that anything happens to him... Before, you thought you will only stay with Tristan for a while. And not.. live with him. You were preparing yourself that you will be abandoned again. You will be left at the orphanage, again. But you didn't. It's nice to know that there is someone you know who cares for you. Because he could've said no and left you there. But he didn't. And you are grateful for that.

You'll start living in Tristan's place from today. The penthouse where you live with Duke is under your name and still yours, you heard Tristan says it to you but you just can't live there alone, you are still underage. Tristan says he'll hire people to clean up the place and they'll bring anything you want if there's anything you want to take. So you packed the things that you think you need to bring. And for the last time, you took a look at the place you used to live with Duke.. and you left.

Tristan has to leave tonight, and so you try to convince him that you didn't need a babysitter. Which you failed. It's not that he didn't trust you, he is worried about you. He'll be gone for the entire week.

"People from CPS might come and check, and besides you only 15," he turns to look at you,"...tomorrow." You roll your eyes. You gave up.

*CPS: Child Protection Service

"Do you really need to leave?? To where?" You ask.

"Erm... Egypt. Something came up," he says as he looks around for something.

You nod. You wanted to say something but you just decide not to.

Night came, and you met your babysitter, Anitta who has a beautiful smile. She's a 2nd-year college student, studying journalism. Currently, all her classes were online so she does babysitting and could study in between. It's convenient, she says. At least babysitting a teen like you.

Well, you welcomed her nevertheless. You have no choice.

Tristan was finally out of his room with his luggage.

"Okay, so I thought this is it. Anitta please make yourself at home." Tristan then tells her what time to feed Luna and apparently, she is supposed to do some chores too.

"I'm leaving then." He then paused and he looks at you. He wanted to say something but he eventually didn't and only smiles at you. He's walking to the door. As he was about to leave, you called him. "Tristan!"

He turns around. He looks at you.

"Thank you," you continue, "for everything." You meant every word you say.

He smiles and nods at you.

"... Then, bye." He waves at you.

"... Bye." You to waving at him.

And the doors were shut, he left.

You were bored as you had nothing better to do, Anitta is preparing dinner, and so you decide to decorate your room instead. Just to kill time. Nothing much to decorate so you just start to take magazines you found in the corner of the living room and just do your magic. The sheets are white and pink, which are your favorite colors. You took it from your place before. You then feel like something is missing in the room. And you realize what it was. You wanted to order some simple LED lights online and if could, but what a waste, you have them in your previous room. You wanted them today but it won't be necessary. You just decide you'll go to your place tomorrow instead. You still had the keys with you. You felt tired, but you decide to clean your room a little bit until you find, the brown envelope from today. You almost forgot about it. You were just tired, of all the moving and today's event.

You sit at the end of your bed. You noticed this morning that the envelope has bumps. It's like there's something inside that is not a piece of paper. You touch it and then you shook it. Then you pour it out to your hand and you let out a small gasp. A necklace.

You look at it over and over again until you decide to wear it. You look in the mirror. It flatters your look. The necklace is round in shape silver and has a red ruby in the middle of it. The necklace could open so you can put anything in it, like a small pic or something. It has a tiny small magnet on the inside, to prevent the inside things from getting dropped. It's something you would wear. You smile. Your uncle truly knows you. You like silver more than gold ones. You never told him, maybe he's been watching you before. You usually wear the fake one. You wonder if this is fake. Even though you know your uncle could purchase the real one. But you still don't mind. Again, it's something you would wear and... It's his last gift for you. But the ruby... Is it your imagination that it shines just now?

"Meow."

You startle. It's Luna. She's rubbing your legs. "Jesus Christ..." You felt almost like your heart was to jump out from your chest. You stroke your hair back and start to sit at the corner of your bed. Luna, the cat follows you and rubs your legs.

You realize you don't know how to deal with a cat. But you remember Tristan said that Luna is a very affectionate and attention-seeking cat. You just need to pet her. So you did. You pet her head first. And it somehow feels nice. Even Luna is liking it. She starts laying herself on the floor and when you start to pet her tummy she scratches you.

"Ouch!!" You take your hands away. "Luna it hurts!" You look at your hand, which has red scratch marks. You know you and the cat are not so good together. You sigh.

"Forget it, I'm going to take a shower..." You said as you leave Luna on the floor. You blow the scratch mark, hoping it to cool down. And Luna watches you as you leave...

You put on a band-aid after showering. And you look at your room, Luna was nowhere to be seen. You then locked your room. You wear your pajamas and start to dry your hair with a hairdryer. Not so long later, you can hear Anitta knocking on your door, calling for you.

"Coming!" And you turn off your hair dryer. You went to the dining table, having supper. Then you continue hair drying your hair and decide to call it a night.

It's been a few days since Tristan leave. And you started to know more about Anitta and... Luna. You can't help but feel the odds of Luna's behavior. Sometimes, it's like she's playing and messing with you. And as if she... understands you. You told Anitta about this but she only laugh. She told you that Cats play with people. And mischief. She said that maybe you just never had a cat before. You never talk about Luna to Anitta again. You also question yourself. Maybe it's just that you never had a cat before and this is what it's like to have a cat...

Tristan lives in a penthouse too, and surprisingly living alone. You have never been to his place before. It's spacious too just like yours. Except you don't have pools. He has his own outdoor pools, his own gym room, and game room. You received a text from him to use it however you like. You didn't use the game room because you are not a gamer and you don't feel like playing. You did use the gym room. Just some small weightlifting and practicing your punches...

But only the pool, you hesitate. You don't know how to swim. You kneel and bend down trying to see inside the pool. The pool is deep... You don't wanna fall and drown, would you? But it's a shame that you don't know how to swim. You could see a nice view up there. Again, as light tricks you, you can see your necklace is shining again...

"Meow." You startle. You swear Luna can give you a heart attack. "Jesus Christ, Luna!!!" You quickly get up and stay away from the pool. You are just not comfortable with Luna startling you all the time. You try not to be mad. You just have to start used to it instead. You sigh. You then grab Luna that's not far from you. And you leave the pool area, heading inside. You think it's dangerous for Luna to be near the pool. She could drown too. You then slide the glass door and locked it.

"Don't go near the pool, alright Luna? It's dangerous." You talk to her.

"Meow." She blinks her eyes as if she understands. Geez, it's not as if you were scolding her. You can't deny Luna is cute. You sometimes play with her when you're bored. You have a lot of time on your hand. You are homeschooled actually and you are taking a break for a week... Tristan thinks you need it. You do need a break. You were thankful to him for being understanding. You can't help but think Tristan is nice. He's always nice to you. Even before too... when he talks to you at that orphanage and persuades you to talk to your uncle when you didn't acknowledge your uncle at that time...  You tell yourself to make sure to listen to him well in the future. He has done a lot for you. A lot. You could never repay it back. 

"Y/n, I'm heading out," Anitta say to you just as you enter the living room, still Luna in your arm. She put some of her books inside her bag.

"Um okay.. where to?" You ask. It's rare to see her out unless to buy some food ingredients or went out with you to babysit-  accompany you.

"Have a group project, gotta grab some materials and I'm meeting them. But don't worry it won't take long. Do you think you can stay here alone?" She asks you. She then grabs her laptop.

"What do you think I am? Four?" You let out a small laugh. "Don't worry about me, just go." You assure her.

"I'm not going to go for long. Only an hour, okay? But if there's anything, call me." She gave you the look that seriously calls me if something happens.

"Okay, okay geez." You only shook your head. You then take Luna's paws and wave them to Anitta as she leaves. "Bye Anitta..." You subconsciously make a small voice. "I guess it's only you and me, Luna." You said as you hold her and give her kisses. "Meow..."

*
*
*

Author's note: Finally my first chapter!!! Mon, 19/12/2022. I am so lazy and crazy... 😌🤣😭❤️🔥

Last edited: 22/12/2022.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

704 41 30
"What in the world are you doing here?" His voice was stern, tinged with annoyance. "You should not have come. It's too dangerous." Elara stepped clo...
178K 9K 70
[COMPLETED] "We lock eyes and even at this distance I see the fire burning within, his power radiating outwards sending fear into the hearts of those...
322K 11.2K 54
Lady Isabella Victoria Parr isn't looking for a husband, but His Majesty is looking for a wife. When news arrives that King Edward's first wife has d...