Sweet treats (Bob velseb x re...

By thingies

You're a former trauma surgeon who resigned after a horrible event in your life. Now, after moving across the... More

A/N
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21

4

1K 44 30
By thingies

June 20th, 2005
—————————

Another body has been found linked to the red devil killer. So far, 6 bodies have been linked to him. If anybody has any information, please call the local police department.

"Why do they call him the red devil killer?" You asked.

Currently you were at Lila's house, snaking on the cookies you made and drinking tea with her. You wanted to try and get to know her better.

Lila sipped her tea. "They call him that because witnesses have spotted a man wearing a red devil costume constantly near the crime scenes." She sighs. "Nobody can catch him though."

You hummed in thought. "And how many police officers are working in this town?"

"Two."

"...two hundred?"

"No. Literally two."

"Oh."

Lila smiled at your downcast face. "Hey, it's okay! You just need to set a curfew for yourself and don't stay out after dark. He kills at night anyways."

That didn't make you feel better. If anything, it made you feel like a kid again with a curfew. Suffocating.

Lila is doing a crossword puzzle. "You know..." she starts. "Some people say it's the guy that owns Boys and Grills. Have you met him?"

You shiver. "Bob? Wait what? Why? And yeah I've met him. He came over to my house a few days ago."

Lila raises her eyebrows at you. "Huh. That's strange."

"What's strange?" You ask.

"He's a nice guy and all, but nobody ever really sees him outside of the restaurant. He just kind of keeps to himself."

You frown at that. He's so friendly... TOO friendly. You're surprised that he doesn't get out more.

You look at Lila. "Well, when he was over.... Nothing seemed out of the ordinary." You exclude the underwear part. "And he was really nice and funny."

Lila smirks. "That's how they get you (Y/N)..." she raises her arms up in a scary position, like she was getting ready to grab you. "Evil is always hiding in plain sight!" And at that, she brings her hands down and bops your nose.

You're a little taken aback by this, but laugh anyways. Quickly you realize that she was just joking around. "Don't do that Lila!"

You both laugh and continue to sip your tea.

You both didn't realize the ominous figure lurking outside, looking at both of you.

———————

"I'll see you later!" You wave, heading out of Lila's house.

She waves back. "Thanks for the cookies! And be safe!"

You nod your head and walk away. You had one cookie left that you kept for Bob. You wanted to give it to him at work as thanks for helping you unpack. Plus... you were kinda hungry.

So you made your way over to Boys and Grills, the smells of burgers wafting through the air. Your mouth watered slightly as you walked in the door, little bell attached making itself known again.

You knew you could just seat yourself, so you sat down at the bar like last time. You drummed your fingers on the counter as Bob approached you.

"Heya Darlin'! How are you?" He asks, putting a menu down in front of you. You decide not to question the nickname and smile back at him. "I'm good thanks!"

You dig around in your bag for the cookie and Bob observes you. Soon enough, you pull out the cookie and hand it to him. It's wrapped in a cute little plastic bag with a bow stuck to the top.

He gently takes it from your grasp. "What's this?"

"It's a cookie! Or... well... one of the cookies I made." You averted your eyes. "I made them mainly for Lila and her son, but I saved one for you. As thanks."

He cradles the iced goodie in his hand. The plastic wrapper crinkles a bit as he sets it down. He's going to eat it later.

He smiles at you, smiling even wider than before, his eyes crinkling a bit. "Thank you, kid! This looks delicious."

You smile and look at him. He can't be that killer, right? It wouldn't make any sense. He's just too nice. People are just rude...

Bob notices you staring and clears his throat. You jump, averting your eyes once again.

"I uh... sorry." You say. He looks at you questioningly and you continue. "It's nothing but...I heard from some people.... That there's rumors going around you're the serial killer." You laugh dryly. "But that's just ridiculous, I think."

Bob is flipping burgers. He's not looking at you. His smile fades a little, but doesn't go away. He then meets your eyes again.

"Do I look like a killer to you?" He asks.

You think for a second. "I mean... no. Not really." You say. It was the truth. You don't think he could be doing all those horrible things. Like... dismembering and eating his victims...

He laughs. "Well, I'm not!" He's smiling wider now. "Don't worry about me, (Y/N). I can handle some silly rumors." He says and places a burger in front of you.

You take a bite. Yeah, he's fine. He's lived here his entire life, and basically everyone knows him. People just like to start shit.

The burger is delicious yet again, and you take a glance around the restaurant. It's empty besides you and some old man finishing up his French fries. You didn't notice how dark it got that quickly.

Bob looks like he's cleaning up for the night as well; wiping the counter down and counting the cash in the till.

Eventually the old man leaves and it's just you and Bob.

You sigh, realizing that you now have to walk home alone in the dark.

Bob notices your somber attitude. "What's wrong?"

You look at him. "Nothing. I just... have to walk home alone now." You say, looking out the window. "It's scary."

There's a few beats of silence and then Bob speaks up.

"I can walk you home if you want."

"Oh no I can't make you do that-"

Bob cuts you off. "I insist. It's too dangerous for somebody like you to walk alone anyways."

You want to question what he means by, "someone like you" but you just nod instead. "Okay."

"Let me finish counting the till and we can head out." Bob says.

You nod and get up, stretching. You decide to wander around the restaurant a little bit, peeking around at all the decorations. The floor is nicely tiled in black and white, and there's a jukebox in the corner.

Walking around more, you look at a wall closest to the door.

There's a framed food safety license, a blue ribbon labeled "best burgers in town!" And there's a picture of a younger looking Bob with a blonde man.

You're about to say something but Bob interrupts you. He's extremely close, and you're shocked as to how he got so close to you without making any noise. "You ready?" He asks.

A little shocked, you just nod your head and walk out of the door with him. He turns around and locks it, and you guys make your way to your house.

You peep up. "That picture. Was that you and your buddy?" You hope the topic isn't too sensitive. "Sorry, you don't have to answer th-"

"Yeah. That was him." Bob notices your fidgeting. "Don't worry about it, it's not a sensitive topic to me anymore." Bob smiles wider, half lidded eyes locked onto your form. He looks tired.

You look away. "Alright."

Soon enough, you're both at your front door. You turn around to face Bob. "Thank you for walking me home."

He's still smiling. Doesn't his face hurt? "No problem. Thanks for the cookie."

Bob turns to walk away but you grab his arm. He turns around, his face a bit scary. You brush it off. "Oh! Uh, be safe!" You say.

His face relaxes. "I will. Goodnight, (Y/N)."

And he's gone.

You unlock your door, and walk in, ready to sleep for the night.

And that's exactly what you do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 2.3K 25
The moment his eyes lands on her, he's all determined to make her his. He gets and keeps her against her will. But what he doesn't know is that, the...
24.1K 738 17
- A 35-year-old criminal psychologist obsessed with the 'red devil case' is finally in the town where it all happened. After striking a deal with the...
96.9K 3.3K 52
After six years at a depressing, boring office job in California, Y/N decides one night, while incredibly drunk, I might add, to quit her job and mov...
223 6 22
spencer, i'll remember how i'd loved you. even after i saw the hate behind your sweet eyes and messy statistics. even after i heard casually cruel wo...