Young Justice: Directive 51 (...

By Matt-From-Wii

(Y/n) (L/n) doesn't have an ordinary life, he never did. Brought into the Strategic Homeland Division at an e... More

Bio
Chapter 1: A Strange Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3: Humanity
Chapter 4: Failsafe
Chapter 5: Disordered
Chapter 6: Secrets
Chapter 7: Misplaced
Chapter 8: A Trip to Paris
Chapter 9: Coldhearted
Chapter 10: Image and Agendas
Chalter 11: Insecurity
Chapter 12: Gone
Chapter 13: Rest
Chapter 14: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 15: Usual Suspects
Chapter 16: Auld Acquaintance
Chapter 17: Set the Stage
Chapter 18: Another Close Call
Chapter 19: Tip of the Talon
Chapter 20: The Nest
Chapter 21: Disaster
Chapter 22: The Aftermath of Victory
Chapter 23: Yet Another Tragedy
Season 2 Character Info
Chapter 24: First Day
Chapter 25: An Attempt at Comfort
Chapter 26: Project Mockingbird
Chapter 27: Depths
Chapter 28: Hurt
Chapter 29: Suffering
Chalter 30: Before the Dawn - Cornered
Chapter 31: A Strange Feeling
Chapter 32: Stranded
Chapter 33: War
Chapter 34: Repercussions
Chapter 35: Reunited
Chapter 36: Intervention Part 1
Chapter 37: Intervention Part 2
Chapter 38: Recovery
Chapter 39: Preparation for the Summit
Chapter 40: The Summit
Chapter 41: Endgame
Chapter 42: An Absent Clown
Chapter 43: The Guest House
Chapter 44: The Dominoes Start to Fall
Chapter 45: In the Mind of an Agent
Chapter 46: End of the Beginning
Chapter 47: A Vacation
Chapter 48: One Quick Mission
Chapter 49: Markovia
Chapter 50: Fate's Gambit
Chapter 51: A Sentinel of Order
Chapter 52: Private Security
Chapter 53: Rescue Op
Chapter 54: Triptych
Chapter 55: Home Fires
Chapter 56: Real Power
Chapter 57: True Heroes
Chapter 58: Sidelined
Chapter 59: The First Wave
Chapter 60: New York
Chapter 61: The Dark Zone
Chapter 62: The Penthouse
Chapter 63: Everything will Burn
Chapter 64: Early Warning
Chapter 65: Beginning of the End
Christmas in the Cave: (Christmas One Shot)
Chapter 67: Rogue Agents
Chapter 68: The White House
Chapter 69: Terminus
Chapter 70: Into the Breach
Chapter 71: Overwhelmed
Chapter 72: Nevermore
Chapter 73: It Belongs in a Museum
Chapter 74: Lovers on the Run
Chapter 75: Paradise Under Siege
Chapter 76: The Underworld
Chapter 77: The Beautiful Bride
Chapter 78: Doomsday vs The Justice League
Chapter 79: Rebirth
Chapter 80: ANNA's Plan
Chapter 81: Trapped in Time
Christmas Special # 2
Chapter 82: For All Magic
Chapter 83: Gotham City

Chapter 66: Death of the Division

1.1K 32 32
By Matt-From-Wii

(A/N): Hello there, sorry for the massive delay in getting this chapter uploaded.

As I previously stated, Christmas is an incredibly busy time of year for me and I've had almost no time to write or edit anything.

Fortunately my school is wrapping up for the holidays and I will have a bit of free time to catch up. I'm hoping to return to weekly uploads but don't get your hopes up as it's probably not going to happen.

Looking forward to the rest of the month I'm hoping to get one more regular chapter posted before I upload the Christmas themed one shot chapter I have written. The Christmas Special takes place during season 1 and has no connection to the rest of the book with the exception of a few references. I won't say anything else about that at the moment but I'm hoping you'll enjoy it.

This chapter was hastily edited because I wanted to get it uploaded as soon as possible and I knew if I put it off for another day I wouldn't get to it until the weekend. So I apologize for any mistakes grammar wise and enjoy the chapter.

Thanks for all your support, it means a lot.

- MattFromWii

—————————————————————————

3rd Person POV:

*Hollywood, Outsider's Penthouse*

Beast Boy: "What?! What do you mean we can't stop them!? We have to try!"

Kelso: "No, what we have to do is get out of here and regroup. We need to know who our allies are and what's going on."

Superboy: "We've got a problem."

Superboy tucked his phone into his pocket and activated the holographic computer, turning on a GBS broadcast. An image of the White House immediately popped up, it was a cell phone recording from the fence line. The video showed that the east wing of the building was smoking and military vehicles were spread all across the lawn.

Cat Grant: "Ladies and Gentlemen, if you're just joining us then you're looking at one of the darkest days in this country's history. Several minutes ago we observed a small explosion inside the White House. Military forces have already surrounded the Capitol Building, blocking all access and closing the airspace. We do know that both the House and the Senate were in session when the military arrived. GBS sources have reported small gunfights at the Pentagon and Norfolk naval base."

The camera cut back at Cat Grant in the studio as she was being handed a piece of paper. She carefully read it before placing it down on the desk before her.

Cat: "It appears the government has finally issued a statement. This statement is short but gets directly to the point. It reads as follows."

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is with a heavy heart that I inform you that the President, Vice President and Speaker of the House, have all been murdered in an attempted coup d'état. With this devastating blow to our leadership the National Security Council has taken control of the armed forces in order to put down this violent insurgency. The criminals responsible for the deaths of our elected officials are none other than the agents of the Division. From this point forward, every single Division agent is considered a traitor to the United States of America. The National Security Council has enacted martial law and we will bring an end to the Division and restore order to this country. We encourage all Division agents to surrender if they weren't part of this treacherous act. Thank you and god bless, Felix Blake."

An eerie silence overtook the penthouse and the GBS studio. Everyone clearly saw through the lie but we're far too stunned to speak. Eventually Wonder Girl broke the silence.

Wonder Girl: "People... people won't actually believe this? Right?"

Bruce: "No, this is an obvious lie."

The group was starting to feel some measure of comfort, but it was quickly washed away by the agents.

(Y/n): "It doesn't matter if they believe it or not, the Black Tusk don't need them to. Once they have control of ISAC it'll be over. They'll control everything, internet, power, nuclear launch codes. Nobody will be able to stop them without killing millions."

Tim: "We need to get out of here, the Black Tusk team would've reported in before trying to take us."

(Y/n): "Would love to but we have to assume every safe house we have is compromised."

Dick: "No... we have... one."

Everyone turned to face the former Robin. He was being held up by Alfred and drenched in sweat. His fever-like symptoms from the X-Pit had just started to subside.

Barbara: "You should be laying down, you look terrible."

Dick: "Love you too, Babs. Jeff, I'm so sorry for dragging you into this."

Jefferson groaned and started to walk away, stopping when he realized that Dr. Jace and the Markov's were missing.

Jefferson: "Save it, you're not sorry and this isn't the time. Where's Helga?"

Beast Boy: "She left with Brion, Tarra and Violet before the Black Tusk attacked."

Dick: "(Y/n)... we can zeta to your mansion. It's remote enough... and should be safe for a while."

Wonder Girl: "What about Dr. Jace?"

Superboy: "They could be targeted."

Kelso: "The Outsiders can track them down and then zeta to the mansion the second they find them. The rest of us will head to the mansion and try to figure out what the hell is going on."

Kaldur: "We need to leave as soon as possible."

The group dispersed, grabbing everything of value while (Y/n) checked the building's security. Kelso rushed to free Ann from her makeshift cell as (Y/n) accessed the security camera from the front of the building. He saw three black SUV's arrive outside the building and watched as a large number of men in full black tactical gear stormed the lobby.

He activated his ISAC watch and immediately cut power to the elevators, buying them several minutes as the Black Tusk would need to use the stairs.

ISAC: "Friendly aircraft detected."

His eyes widened in fear as the agent realized several terrifying things. The first was that the aircraft nearby was far more than likely aligned with the Black Tusk, and second, ISAC's detection was a two way street. If he could learn the location of Black Tusk units using ISAC, then they could track his location as long as he kept using his watch.

(Y/n): "ISAC, contact that aircraft. Zee, I need you here!"

Zatanna rushed out of the medical bay and arrived at (Y/n)'s side just as he made radio contact with the aircraft.

ISAC: "Communication established."

(Y/n): "Attention JTF aircraft, identify your current mission objective."

There was no response. The silence spoke volumes and (Y/n) hastily tried again.

(Y/n): "This is Vanguard operating on direct orders from Director Alani Kelso. Pilot, I order you to respond."

Pilot: "Director Kelso is no longer in command, order 7-alpha-1-1 has been confirmed. Vanguard, you are under arrest."

The pilot cut the radio communication as (Y/n) and Zatanna raced to the now shattered windows. The cool air rushed in as they desperately scanned the horizon for any signs of the approaching aircraft.

They saw the smoke of the missile before they saw the jet. They had seconds to react and Zatanna pushed (Y/n) behind her before outstretching her arms and casting a spell.

(Y/n): "Everyone into the zeta tube, NOW!"

A dome of white magic quickly encased the entire penthouse. Not even a second later the missile slammed into the dome, creating a massive explosion that rocked the entire building.

By the time the smoke cleared everyone but (Y/n), Zatanna and Superboy were through the zeta tube to safety.

(Y/n): "Go, we'll be right behind you!"

Superboy nodded before stepping into the zeta tube.

The building shook again as another missile slammed into Zatanna's shield. As the magician was focusing on maintaining her shield, the agent heard the familiar sound of a breach charge detonating. He unholstered his handgun and moved around the corner, engaging the Black Tusk strike team in a brief firefight.

(Y/n) managed to keep the Black Tusk pinned inside the stairwell but he knew it would only be a matter of minutes before they flanked him from the opposite stairwell.

Zatanna: "(Y/n), we've got a problem."

(Y/n) retreated back to Zatanna's side in front of the zeta tube and followed her gaze to the windows. He softly cursed when he saw an F-35 hovering with its VTOL system just outside of Zatanna's shield.

(Y/n): "Into the zeta tube!"

Zatanna: "Wait, you'll be-!"

Before the magician could finish her sentence, (Y/n) grabbed her and jumped into the zeta tube after he dropped an explosive with a 30 second timer. He knew that the teleporter was only designed to take one traveler at a time, but he hoped that they'd both make it through.

His plan worked perfectly. The agent and the magician crashed to the floor in their garage.

Zatanna opened her eyes and found herself held tightly by her agent's arms as they laid on the cold floor of the garage. She sighed when he loosened his embrace and started to sit up.

Everyone was spread throughout the large garage and completely silent as the agent and magician stood up.

(Y/n): "Kelso, give me your watch. The Black Tusk are using ISAC to track down agents."

Kelso and (Y/n) took off their ISAC watches and nodes. Ann sat in silence, having her gear stripped from her when she was arrested earlier in the day.

(Y/n) sighed as he disconnected the power on every bit of ISAC equipment, turning the high tech gear into little more than hunks of cold metal.

(Y/n): "Let's get inside, once we get Dick set up in one of the beds we can try and come up with a plan."

————————————————————————

*JTF Naval Base, Victoria*

Natalya made her way down the brightly lit hall of the JTF Pacific command building. The Black Tusk had easily taken control of the building and secured the loyalty of the Division agents stationed at the base.

The agents were cut off from communicating with the outside world and swore loyalty to the "National Security Council" which was a puppet government for the Black Tusk.

Natalya had purged the JTF leadership and installed high ranking Black Tusk operatives to command the Black Tusk forces.

As she looked out over the fleet of docked warships, she called Blake, who was establishing his power base in the White House.

Natalya: "Can you hear me?"

Blake: "Yes. Is it done?"

Natalya: "Yes. We have secured our hold over the JTF. Just over 80% of all JTF combat personnel were loyal to us before the coup, those that weren't involved in our organization have been detained or otherwise dealt with."

Blake: "Good, and what about our control over ISAC?"

Natalya: "My technicians are working on the main computer node now. Though they haven't made any real progress, we do have the ability to use ISAC within his current directives."

Blake: "Having unrestricted control over ISAC is key to preventing the Justice League from destroying us. We need to remove his security directives as quickly as possible."

Natalya: "I understand sir. What about Vanguard? Our strike team in Hollywood reported that he survived and escaped with the heroes. We have no idea where they're hiding."

Blake: "Don't worry, he will come to you soon enough. He knows we need ISAC to hold onto power and will do everything he can to stop us."

Natalya: "He won't know where to start. We've got complete control over the entire JTF."

Blake: "That may be true, but only a small percentage of the support personnel are aligned with us. If you're not careful you could have a full scale revolt."

Natalya: "I have every major combat unit on my side, they'd be slaughtered."

Blake: "That won't stop them from trying."

————————————————————————

*Mansion Safe House*

The group dispersed the second they left the garage. Zatanna took Titan and Traci into a secluded room and brought Traci up to speed the best she could.

Kandel moved Dick to one of the guest bedrooms and got him properly situated with some help from Barbara, Bruce, Tim and Alfred.

M'gann followed Conner throughout the house, attempting to explain why she would go along with the "Anti-Light" operation. Superboy was having none of it, he continued to ignore her as he made his way to the backyard and looked up at the snow covered mountain.

Kaldur called the Justice League, attempting to rally whatever support he could get.

Kelso and (Y/n) were left alone. The younger agent waited until he was certain everyone else was occupied before he led Kelso down into the basement.

As they weaved through the maze of hallways, Kelso began to get impatient.

Kelso: "Where are we going?"

(Y/n): "With ISAC compromised we need all the gear we can get. We'll have to do this the old fashion way, No ISAC and no backup."

Kelso: "Backup is sitting upstairs. I don't think they'll accept whatever excuse you give them, they're coming with us no matter what."

(Y/n): "That's why we're going to gear up and leave before they notice we're gone. Face it Alani, we have to do this alone."

(Y/n) turned and faced Kelso, the older agent could count on one hand the amount of times (Y/n) had used her first name. She looked into his (e/c) eyes and realized how depressed he was. Everything he'd ever known was crashing down all around him and they couldn't stop it.

(Y/n): "They can't help us. The second Blake sees the League fighting his forces, he'll blow up the Watchtower. If it falls out of orbit the impact could kill tens of thousands maybe even millions."

Kelso almost flinched at the pain in (Y/n)'s voice. The agent closed his eyes and pushed open the door he was standing in front of.

Kelso was slightly shocked when she saw a fully equipped armory. (Y/n) had converted the small basement office into an armory during his time at the mansion. The walls were lined with various weapons on one side and body armor on the other.

Straight ahead, on the smallest wall was a workbench with dozens of tools properly mounted above it. Boxes of weapon attachments were stacked underneath the workbench along with an exceptional amount of ammunition boxes.

Kelso: "Kid, I don't know why you felt the need to build this, but I'm so glad you did."

(Y/n): "When we first moved in I kept fearing that the Hunters would find us, so I started small and kept a couple handguns and a rifle. That gradually increased to this in the time I was benched from active duty."

The agents stepped into the armory and began gearing up. Several minutes flew by and the two were dressed in full tactical gear. Kelso was using the working on her rifle at the workbench and (Y/n) was rummaging through the large number of unmarked boxes, looking through paper files until he found it.

Two boxes, one the size of a shoe box and the other slightly larger. He carefully grabbed both boxes and stood up, placing them on the workbench beside Kelso.

Kelso: "What's this?"

(Y/n): "Our ace in the hole. We need to get a message out to everyone. Most people are just following the Black Tusk's orders out of fear or because they have no idea what's going on. If we can get a message out and tell them that Blake is trying to take over the country. I'd bet most of them will side with us."

Kelso: "Most of the support personnel would, but the Black Tusk are mostly made up of the strike teams and combat units. They'll cut us to shreds, we don't have the numbers to fight off their army."

(Y/n): "We don't need to win, we just need to fight long enough to destroy ISAC. Without it the League can wrap up Blake and the Black Tusk without the fear of him blowing up the Watchtower or using a nuke in desperation."

Kelso: "Okay, let's say I believe your plan could work. How do we get the message out?"

(Y/n): "Well, we already have what Blake is trying to build with ISAC. Keener made it. An ISAC network without the restrictions. I have his watch and all I need to do is turn on the network."

Kelso: "Will it work and more importantly, are you sure that's a good idea?"

The younger agent sighed as he opened the smaller box and took out a single ISAC watch. He took a deep breath as he ran his thumb across the face of the watch. Everything that Keener subjugated the Team to came crashing back to the agent like an unstoppable wave. Painful memories flooded his mind, being tortured in Paris, seeing Zatanna in a suicide vest and watching the rouge agent kill Kelso. (Y/n) felt that using Keeners network would be admitting that he failed and all the suffering he and his friends endured was for nothing.

(Y/n): "I'm not sure it will work, but we don't have another choice. We can't trust ISAC and we need every advantage we can get. I guarantee you, Blake won't see this coming."

After taking a deep breath, (Y/n) turned on the watch. The device activated instantly. But where the agents expected the familiar orange ring around the face of the watch to appear, they were met with a blood red colour and holographic display.

(Y/n) was unbothered by this, at least he appeared to be. He followed the steps on the red holographic projection and activated Keener's network.

Kelso: "I've never seen one of our watches turn red before..."

(Y/n): "It marks the agent as a rogue, I honestly never knew why they'd even bother including it in the subsystem. I thought there was no way any agent would ever betray the Division. Now it's clear that they built it so they could mark anyone not loyal to the Black Tusk."

The room fell silent once again as Keener's watch connected to the network and came online for the first time since the monster's death.

ANNA: "Analytical Neural Network Assistant online. All subsystems and route directories activated."

(Y/n) reached forward and grabbed the watch, he put it on and secured it to his wrists before turning to face Kelso.

Before the young agent could get a word out to his mentor, the watch quickly jabbed him, taking a DNA sample and causing the agent to yelp in shock.

ANNA: "DNA sample confirmed, all safeguards lifted. Playing final recorded message."

(Y/n) quietly cursed Keener for putting something as stupid as a DNA tester in his watch, but his heart skipped a beat when he heard the voice he hoped to never hear again coming from his watch.

Keener: "Hello Vanguard. If you're listening to this then it probably means you're desperate. I figured that you wouldn't activate my network unless you're truly screwed, and if I'm wrong then oh well. I'm dead so I really don't give a shit. By now you've probably realized that my death caused all the lunatics within the Division to come crawling out of the sewers and making your life hell. Chief among them are the Sokolova's and a few people, in your case, closer to home. I think the Sokolova's have a daughter, I really don't know, but the one you need to keep an eye on goes by the code name "Clairvoyant". I don't know his name but I know he was an agent and works within the government."

Keener stopped talking and the agents could hear him shuffling through some paper while taking a drink. They didn't dare skip any section of the recording and just let the message play in its entirety.

Keener: "This network is exactly as I described to you. A version of ISAC free from government control and restrictions. You can do anything with this but you already know that. Just like you talk to ISAC, this network is named ANNA and you can speak to it the same way. It will be your most dangerous weapon, use it wisely. Agent, I wish you the best of luck, go complete my mission. Go destroy the Division."

————————————————————————

Zatanna stepped into the kitchen to find M'gann and Conner glaring at each other. The two were in the middle of a heated discussion through a mind link. Zatanna saw the familiar look of regret sprawled across M'gann's face and felt sorry for her friend.

Though she sympathized with M'gann, she was a little upset about her close friends lying to her. With all the lies and secrets surrounding (Y/n) and his job, she thought her work with the League would be the one place where they wouldn't have to worry about being lied to or manipulated.

The magician stood in silence as her friends had yet to notice her and wondered what their next move would be. Despite her attempts to think positive, her mind immediately wandered to the worst possible outcome. She feared the Division agents being hunted down like animals and forced to flee the country to hide in some remote corner of the world. She wondered what her life with (Y/n) would look like if they were constantly on the run, moving from place to place while always looking over their shoulders for any sign of danger.

She let out a shaky breath at that awful thought and moved to get a glass of water. M'gann and Conner finally seemed to notice her and instantly broke their mind link.

M'gann: "Oh, Zatanna, I'm sorry we were just... talking."

Zatanna: "Hmm, don't let me interrupt you. I just want to grab a drink."

Conner: "It's no trouble, we're done."

Conner turned and walked out of the kitchen, storming out of sight. M'gann drew in a rapid breath and desperately wiped tears away from her eyes.

M'gann: "What've I done? Z-Zatanna... I'm so sorry. I-I ruined everything."

Zatanna set her glass down and turned to face the Martian. She quickly pulled M'gann in for a hug while telling her that everything would be alright.

Despite her own words, Zatanna wasn't sure if it would be. They had no plan and no backup, but that wasn't the worst of it. The various heroes throughout the mansion probably would never trust one another again, or at least for a very long time.

After shoving those negative thoughts out of her head, Zatanna released M'gann from her embrace. The pair stayed in the kitchen, resting in silence as the world slipped further and further into chaos.

————————————————————————

Kelso and (Y/n) slowly crept through the knee deep snow that surrounded the large JTF Naval base in Victoria. The massive flood lights of the base constantly scanned the perimeter as Black Tusk guards patrolled the perimeter.

Blake's National Security Council had ordered the Black Tusk units to wear an all black tactical uniform with a white armband. Making it easy to tell the difference between those loyal to Blake before the coup and the rest of the JTF which were uninvolved in the plot.

(Y/n) and Kelso each wore all white arctic camo. Kelso wore a spare ISAC watch that (Y/n) kept from the agents murdered in Lyon while the younger agent wore Keener's watch. After linking Kelso's watch to Keener's network, the agents made their way to the garage and traveled to Victoria through the zeta tube without anyone noticing.

The younger agent figured his friends would be furious, but once they got ISAC offline and permanently dented Blake's plans he would apologize.

Kelso: "This is as close as we can get without being spotted. They have too many guards walking the perimeter."

(Y/n) was pressed up against a large pine tree. He looked over to Kelso who was up against a tree of similar size before darting his eyes to the barbed wire fence a good ten meters away.

On the opposite side of the fence there was a path routinely walked by patrolling units. Even though the next patrol was over a hundred meters away, the massive flood lights would enable them to spot the agents the second they stepped out from the tree line.

(Y/n): "ANNA, connect me to the communications network. Broadcast this to the entire JTF."

Kelso: "Kid, if you broadcast to everyone, the signal won't be encrypted. The entire country is going to hear this."

The younger agent took a deep breath and sighed, the cold wind sending a chill down his back.

(Y/n): "I know, they need to hear this. The world needs to know that we've got a fighting chance if we just push back hard enough."

Kelso sighed and carefully watched their surroundings as (Y/n) activated the broadcast. He took a deep breath and was silent for a moment but his courage soon returned and he began his call to arms.

(Y/n): "Attention all Joint Task Force operatives, this is Agent (Y/n) (L/n). Over the past day you've heard many things about myself and my fellow agents, some of you have even been ordered to hunt us down. But I think it's time we share the truth. The Strategic Homeland Division and Joint Task Force are not what we thought they were. We've been infiltrated by the Black Tusk, Felix Blake is their leader. The strike teams and combat operation units are Black Tusk as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're spread across the country in our bases, they could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want, absolute control. They released the virus in New York and it won't end there. If you give them access to ISAC the Black Tusk will be able to wipe out any resistance they encounter. We'll be handing the world over to them and they'll kill anyone that stands in their way. We have a chance to stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but if we don't stop them here and now, they won't ever be stopped. We as a nation know that the price of freedom is high, it always has been. It's a price I'm willing to pay, and if I'm the only one then so be it... but I was once your Director, I know I won't be alone in this fight."

Kelso smiled, leaning back against her pine free as (Y/n) turned off the broadcast. He took a deep breath in an attempt to calm his rapidly beating heart.

Kelso: "Great speech, kid."

(Y/n): "Thanks, now let's go save the world."

————————————————————————

Blake was desperately rummaging through papers in the White House Presidential bunker. The small group of Black Tusk operatives within the secret service made it incredibly easy for the Black Tusk to storm the White House after its defenses were deactivated. The president and his staff were caught attempting to escape into the bunker, Blake had them all executed along with the rest of the people in the White House.

Blake: "That fucking kid! I should've left him in the ditch where I found him! He's made everything so god damned complicated."

Black Tusk Soldier: "Sir, our forces have secured the Fridge and successfully moved everything of value to our secondary location."

Blake: "Redeploy any available units to the HUB and our location. Prepare them for civilian resistance and tell them they have full authority to use lethal force on anyone that stands in their way."

————————————————————————

Zatanna couldn't decide if she was terrified or furious. She had just heard (Y/n)'s speech over the radio and thought it was inspirational, but she wanted to punch her agent in the face for rushing off without consulting anyone.

Kaldur: "We need to find where he went. He'll need our help."

Bruce: "No, we need to find a way to end this before it gets out of hand."

M'gann: "I can access the zeta tube logs to find out where they went."

Ann: "Don't bother. They went to Victoria, specifically the JTF Naval base you visited before the Reach invasion."

Zatanna turned to face Ann. The former agent was leaning on the wall, still in her civilian clothes as the heroes gathered in the large living room.

Jefferson: "Why would he head there? This Blake guy isn't taking over the country from a military base in Canada."

Ann: "No he isn't, Blake's in the White House. When the JTF was first founded they built the majority of ISAC's infrastructure underground. Specifically underneath military bases. The central computer hub for ISAC is under the naval base in Victoria, it was a major NATO naval base during the Cold War."

Kaldur: "Then we must head there now."

Bruce: "No. I know why (Y/n) left without telling us. He knows that if we're seen fighting against the Black Tusk, then they'll attack the Watchtower or Meta-Human Youth center."

Conner: "The Division ordered a JTF team to guard the youth center. The Black Tusk may have people there right now!"

Bruce: "Do we know where this "National Security Council" is?"

Everyone looked at Ann as she stepped into the living room.

Ann: "The leaders of the Black Tusk will be with Blake in the White House, surrounded by an unknown number of soldiers."

Kaldur: "We need to get to the Youth Center, and aid (Y/n). If we are successful in taking ISAC offline, then we can pressure the Black Tusk leadership in Washington."

Bruce: "Go. Help him. I'll head to Washington with the League and get as much intel as I can."

Zatanna: "We can use this place as a fall back position. If anyone is in trouble just get to a zeta tube and get here. The Black Tusk has no idea where this place is so it's probably the only safe location we have access to."

Kaldur: "Agreed. Traci, you will stay here with Kandel and Alfred. They will need help treating anyone who gets wounded."

Traci: "But-"

Zatanna: "No buts, you're staying here. The Outsiders will be joining you once they find the Markov's. Titan, let's go boy."

The German Shepherd jumped up and followed Zatanna as she led the heroes to the zeta tube. With a quick spell from the magician, a K9 combat vest appeared on Titan as they entered the garage.

M'gann: "I've called Artemis, she's on her way and will meet us in Victoria."

Conner simply nodded his head as he programmed the zeta tube. A moment later the portal powered up and the teammates rushed into the blinding light.

A second later, Kaldur, M'gann, Conner, Zatanna and Titan arrived in Victoria. When the group made their way out of the alley the Zeta Tube was crammed into, they found the city completely dark and abandoned.

Several cars were burning in the street, casting an uneven glow down the snow covered road. Gunfire echoed in the distance, causing the group to crouch down by the entrance to the ally and scan their surroundings.

Zatanna: "What happened here?"

Conner: "The Black Tusk must have cut the power to the city."

Zatanna: "I can cover our movements with a glamor spell, but you need to stay close."

M'gann: "Alright, I'll fly everyone to the base."

As M'gann was flying the group through the air, they were constantly scanning their surroundings for any sign of danger. Zatanna held Titan close to her body so the dog wouldn't panic. She thought it was cute how Titan panicked just like (Y/n) while being flown or levitated.

The city burned below them as gunfire rang out. The heroes desperately wanted to drop down into the streets and save as many people as they could, but they knew that doing so would cause Blake to retaliate within minutes and kill thousands more.

As the group approached the naval base. They saw several large explosions ring out, brightly illuminating everything around them in a massive fireball.

Several helicopters were flying around the large base, firing down on various positions. Small groups of people were firing on one another in a chaotic battle for survival.

The base was a warzone. The group of heroes haven't seen fighting this fierce since the battle in the Pacific against the Reach fleet.

Zatanna: "Oh my god..."

M'gann: "Where do we start?"

————————————————————————

*One Hour Earlier*

Kelso and (Y/n) swiftly cut through the fence. The pair rushed forward, sprinting as far into the base as they could before the sweeping flood lights spotted them.

Kelso: "Kid on your left!"

(Y/n) spun around to face four Black Tusk soldiers. The soldiers spotted him a fraction of a second sooner, but (Y/n) was faster, way faster. In the blink of an eye the young agent had his rifle raised and easily dispatched the four soldiers. His suppressed rifle made a soft thump with each shot as he hit each soldier with one shot in the head.

The agents quickly resumed their sprint and made it to the safety of the first office building. They pressed up against the building and caught their breath as sirens sounded all across the base.

Inside the control center, Natalya and a squad of Black Tusk soldiers stormed into the main communication center. Natalya took out a handgun and pointed it directly at the unarmed officer manning the bases radio.

Natalya: "Send the dispatch order to the fleet. I want them in international waters within the hour."

As the Black Tusk soldiers spread throughout the room, a tense silence overtook the JTF members.

Natalya quickly grew impatient and pressed her gun up against the back of the officer's head.

Natalya: "Is there a problem?"

As Natalya pressed the young JTF officer to follow her orders, every other JTF officer throughout the room slowly reached for their handguns.

Natalya: "I don't need to remind you of what happens when you fail to follow orders, do I?"

The officer tensed up before he sighed and put his hands up.

Comms Officer: "I'm sorry, I'm not going to give that command. Vanguard's orders."

Natalya: "Move away from your fucking station!"

JTF Officer: "Like he said, Vanguard's orders."

The closest JTF officer drew his handgun and aimed directly at Natalya's head. Not even a second later the rest of the JTF leadership had their weapons drawn and aimed at the Black Tusk soldiers in the room.

Another tense silence overtook the room as the standoff intensified.

Natalya: "You picked the wrong side."

JTF Officer: "No, we didn't."

The main door was smashed open and four JTF soldiers swarmed in, each dressed in green Multicam combat gear. The second they entered the room the first soldier shot the closest Black Tusk operative and the fight began.

Natalya dropped instantly and scurried away to the safety of a large desk. Bullets flew in all directions as the two sides fought in a desperate battle for survival.

Most of the JTF officers were cut down by the Black Tusk as they were in an exposed position and had little ammunition to start with.

The squad of JTF soldiers were able to rescue four of the officers and flee the room before Black Tusk reinforcements arrived from the opposite end of the control room.

JTF Officer: "Any idea what's happening across the base?!"

JTF Soldier: "No idea sir! We geared up as quietly as we could after Vanguard's broadcast, but the Black Tusk took that time to lock down the base. We're cut off from everyone else and they're killing us off."

JTF Officer: "It's going to be everyone for themselves. Get together in an ad hoc squad and rescue any JTF personnel you can!"

————————————————————————

The heroes spotted Tigress by the fence of the base. Tigress had tracked (Y/n) and Kelso from the zeta tube and had just left the cover of the forest in time for the group to spot her.

Miss Martian quickly set the group down beside Tigress as the battle escalated inside the base.

Zatanna: "Tigress!"

Tigress: "Took you guys long enough. Any idea who the bad guys are?"

Superboy: "My guess is the guys in black tactical gear holding the dock workers at gunpoint."

Superboy pointed to the dock and though the others could barely see the silhouettes of people against the burning ships, they heard the gunfire.

Aquaman: "We need to split up. Save as many people as you can but importantly find (Y/n) and the computer terminal he's after. It must be destroyed at all costs."

Zatanna: "Tigress and I will take Titan and search the large buildings off to the right. Superboy and Miss Martian will take the airfield and Aquaman can head to the port and stop those soldiers."

Aquaman: "Agreed, let's move and stay in contact. We don't know if the Hunters are here. Do not take any chances."

The group nodded in agreement before breaking off and heading in different directions. Zatanna was quick to cast a glamor spell on her group so they could move without fear of being spotted.

Snow crunched beneath their boots as they raced towards the largest building in the base. They both knew what it was. They'd been to the base two years ago, before the Reach announced their presence to the world.

It was the building Zatanna saw in the first vision Circe implanted in her mind. Where she was forced to watch a horrible dream of her mind controlled self killing (Y/n) moments after Kelso.

As they arrived at the side of the concrete building Zatanna shoved all the horrible memories away and prepared herself for a massive fight. Tigress stepped past her and kicked in the small fire exit door.

They found the hallway littered with bodies. Some in green JTF gear and others in black and gray Black Tusk combat gear.

Titan barked as they started walking down the hall. The group turned around to find three Black Tusk soldiers stepping into the building through the fire exit.

Black Tusk soldier: "Ma'am, we've got a problem! The heroes are here! We've spotted the witch!"

Tigress and Zatanna couldn't hear Natalya's reply on the radio, but they didn't need to. The soldiers leveled their rifles and opened fire.

Tigress grabbed Zatanna and Titan, pulling them around a corner just in time. Tigress leaned back around the corner and shot a small explosive arrow down the hall. The arrow hit the ground less than two feet before the soldiers and sent them all flying. By the time they hit the ground they were all unconscious.

Tigress then took aim at a security camera and shot an arrow right through the lense.

Tigress: "Let's move, we've got to find a way to the basement before it's too late."

Several floors above the girls and Titan, Natalya was watching their advance through the security cameras. Though Tigress shot out each camera they came across, Natalya didn't need to see them to know where they were headed.

Natalya watched as Tigress shot out another camera. She smiled sinisterly and turned around to face Red Hood. The assassin was covered in blood and was reloading his weapons a few feet away.

Natalya: "You've done a great service to your country. Together we've come so close to greatness, we're at a tipping point. Your former friends and mentors will take every chance they get to push the world into chaos, you know their ways are flawed. It's what caused you to die. We strive for order and you will help us achieve all that we dream. Go to the basement, kill Vanguard, Kelso, Zatanna and Tigress."

————————————————————————

Over at the large airfield, JTF pilots were scrambling to get any aircraft they could into the air before the Black Tusk overran their position. Grounds crew and what little JTF soldiers that made it to the airfield held off the relentless Black Tusk assault with whatever weapons they could get their hands on.

A group of pilots stepped out from their barracks, each putting on their helmets and activating their radios.

JTF Pilot: "All pilots scramble, we are the only air support Vanguard's got!"

Ground crew: "Runways clear and they're pulling back! Now's your chance!"

The JTF pilots managed to get several little bird helicopters into the air as three F-35's moved to the runway. The jets thundered down the runway in quick succession, completely ignoring safety regulations and spacing themselves out as much as possible to negate turbulence.

Within seconds the three jets were airborne and gaining altitude.

A Blackhawk helicopter soared over the treetops, swinging around and positioning itself just in front of the JTF's position. The doors slid open and machine gun fire erupted from inside the helicopter.

JTF personnel were cut down left and right as they scrambled for what little cover there was on the airstrip.

Once the helicopter was low enough several Hunters jumped out, firing at the outgunned JTF who were pinned behind vehicles and sandbags.

The Hunter's helicopter took off, heading towards the command building as Superboy and Miss Martian arrived at the airfield.

JTF Soldier: "Falcon 0-7, hostile Blackhawk heading towards the command building! You're cleared for a danger close strike, how copy?!"

JTF Pilot: "Copy ground team, keep your heads down I'm coming in."

Miss Martian pulled a large slab of concrete and used it to shield several wounded JTF members that were attempting to crawl behind cover.

Without uttering a word to Miss Martian, Suberboy jumped towards the Hunters. The Kryptonian slammed into the ground and sent a massive shockwave in all directions.

Superboy roared in anger and lunged towards the closest Hunter. The experienced killer was caught in the open and with no possible way of defending himself. Superboy grabbed the Hunter's vest and violently threw him into two other Hunter's nearby.

The three Hunters were instantly knocked unconscious. Miss Martian rushed to help the wounded JTF as Superboy took out all his anger from recent events on the Hunters.

Seeing Superboy tear through the Hunters emboldened the JTF. They rallied for an attack and charged the Black Tusk's position in the control tower overlooking the runway.

Miss Martian looked up from the small barricade and watched in sadness as her Fiancé released his anger, anger she knew she was responsible for.

She knew he was hurting. Superboy had come so far in controlling his emotions and for him to now be releasing his anger in such a brutal way, looking like the rage monster he was when they first met, it hurt her. But what hurt more was the fact that she knew it was all her fault for constantly lying to him.

As she fought off tears, Superboy easily dispatched the last of the Hunters. With no cover, heavy weapons or a plan of any kind to deal with the sudden appearance of a Kryptonian, the Hunters were easily defeated and left lying unconscious on the airstrip.

An F-35 roared by as it flew just above the treetops. The JTF pilot fired the jets auto-cannon and filled the Hunters helicopter with an excessive amount of bullets. The Blackhawk helicopter burst into flames and spun out of control, smashing against the command building before crashing down just outside of the main entrance.

————————————————————————

(Y/n) stepped over a pile of Black Tusk bodies, keeping his rifle leveled at the end of the hall. Alarms blared out as the agent pushed further into the basement. Kelso was right behind him, guarding their backs from any Black Tusk soldier that dared to follow them into the basement.

The younger agent couldn't bring himself to look at the bodies of the JTF they came across. Every hallway they maneuvered down was full of bodies, most were JTF.

A massive explosion rocked the building and the lights lost power. After a brief moment of darkness, the red emergency lights activated, casting a dull glow over the hallway.

An automated warning boomed over the loudspeaker, ordering an evacuation as the building was structurally compromised.

The agents ignored it and pressed on, arriving at a large vault style door that looked like it belonged in a bank.

(Y/n): "ANNA, get this door open."

ANNA: "Overriding SHD security, stand by. Door unlocked, all security protocols disabled."

The vault door slowly opened, revealing a massive room with rows of computer servers as tall as a person and as far as the eye could see.

The agents stepped into the massive server room and found themselves on a catwalk that ran around the perimeter of the massive room to a control room on the far side.

Kelso: "Look, that's the control room. We can shut down ISAC in there, it will take both of us to do it. The program needs two high ranking agents to override the President's activation orders."

(Y/n): "Let's go."

Together, (Y/n) and Kelso raced around the catwalk, arriving at the control room. The room had a single office chair and two computer terminals. It was perfectly clean and looked like it had never been used.

Without a moment's hesitation, the agents activated the two computer terminals and held their breath as they slowly booted up.

ISAC: "Initiate system shutdown?"

Kelso: "Yes."

ISAC: "Warning, system shut down contradicts Presidential Directive 51. Additional senior agent required."

(Y/n) and Kelso both entered their credentials and let out a sigh as the orange and white lights on the computer servers below started turning off.

ISAC: "Credentials accepted, shutdown initiated. All safeguards and remote encryptions removed from SHD files. Wiping the network.... wipe complete, all data erased."

(Y/n): "What did you do?"

Kelso: "Relax, when this is over the Governments of the world will want access to the Division as proof that the Black Tusk were dealt with. They'll want to know everything about the Division and what's on our secure network. They can't be trusted with those secrets, so I wiped the network and dumped everything that couldn't be deleted onto the internet. The files are still individually encrypted but without an ISAC watch to use as a cipher, they won't be able to tell what the files say."

(Y/n): "And without the network any ISAC watch simply won't work."

Kelso: "Yep. With Keener's network still up and running, that makes us the only two people in the world who can read any of those files."

Gunfire and glass shattering cut off (Y/n) before he could respond.

Kelso yelled out and her body flew back, crashing to the ground and clutching her chest. (Y/n) immediately dropped to her side and tore her hands away from her chest so he could inspect her plate carrier.

(Y/n) found his voice was laced with fear as images of Kelso's dead body in the Gotham warehouse flooded his mind.

(Y/n): "KELSO?!"

Kelso: "I-I'm good, kid. Armour caught it... I just need a minute to catch my breath."

(Y/n) carefully looked up and racked the charging handle on his rifle. He counted four Black Tusk soldiers splitting up and heading in opposite directions along the catwalk, moving to catch the agents in a pincer.

To make things worse for the agents, (Y/n) noticed Red Hood standing in the vault door with a squad of Black Tusk soldiers slowly moving past him into the vault.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 199 8
"couldn't you at least be likable?" "not my thing, bird boy." [NIGHTWING x OC] [YOUNG JUSTICE AU] [BATFAM x OC] → if you l...
104K 1.9K 22
Y/n was raised by the light until one day you ran away and ran into a team of superheroes, one bird caught your eye and you caught his too. What happ...
2.9K 33 8
The young justice starts wondering how flexible is their youngest member Robin what do they do to figure it out will they ask? find out (Zatanna isn...
1.4M 31.6K 200
I got bored again and I am a big fan of DC comics so yeah. I hope you guys enjoy! Request too! I don't bite! most of the one shots will be about the...