A Truth For A Truth ( Scaramo...

Oleh 12thFatui

Y/N has more secrets than she knows what to do with. For years, she has had everyone in the palace convinced... Lebih Banyak

| Trust is a mirage |
| Anger at its finest |
| The Final Bow |
| The Puppet Approaches |
| Caught In A Trap |
| A Pesky Plant |
| A Market Of Truths |
| One Bottle Too Many |
| A leap of... Insanity |
| Confessions And Kisses In The Dark |
| The Vow |

| Forgive and Forget |

2.3K 92 165
Oleh 12thFatui

We were currently perched up on a rock near the entrance of Liyue city. Merchants with carts and people with their playful children entered and exited over the bridge as we kept our eyes peeled for any signs of danger. There were two problems we would face whilst being in Liyue. The first was the Fatui (obviously) and the second was the troublesome Millelith. Whilst we were aware of the problems the Fatui could cause us, the Millelith were twice as inconvenient.

They had a tendency to blow things way out of proportion and arrest anyone remotely suspicious if their orders required them to do so. It was their job which was understandable but at the moment, we needed to avoid them at all costs. It was just our luck that for some reason the city was swarming with those polearm wielding soldiers.

For the life of me, I could not remember which event required this much security. Usually, I was adept at utilising the knowledge I had of all the regions from my travels but with the stress of running for my life countless times in the last 48 hours, my brain functions were lagging and I wasn't even sure what day it was. Not to mention the wide variety of festivals that all the regions hosted around the clock,

Scaramouche and I watched from our hiding place for changes in patrols or blind spots we could slip past. A notice board not so far away from us showed various wanted posters that likely housed a flattering portrait of myself. If only an ability of anemo was shape shifting.

"What do we do? At this rate, we'll never get in," I whispered frustratingly. "Besides, you're hardly inconspicuous yourself. Your outfit screams Harbinger and with the Northland Bank being such an important location here, you'll be spotted instantly."

The Harbinger at my side frowned to himself as he attempted to craft a plan for us. In the meantime, I continued to study the area boredly as if a solution would crop up before my eyes by some miracle.

"Maybe we're overthinking this. All we need is a distraction and we can slip past easily, right? It just so happens that I know exactly how to cook up a storm," I suggested with a mischievous grin.

I was just preparing my hands to blast Liyue Harbour into a whirlwind of a storm when Scaramouche gripped my wrists with raised brows and an expression that was obviously saying: "No. Absolutely not. Your list of crimes is only growing, do you seriously want to be on Liyue's watchlist too? We need to be careful about this."

"Then what do you suggest, Kuni?"

"There's more than one way into Liyue. And many of those ways don't include entering through authorised entrances," he insinuated.

I nodded slowly, understanding where he was coming from as we eyed the mountains that rose high above the city like stone giants. We were already on the lower side of a hill so making our way around and up it wouldn't be a lot of work. With a nod in his direction, we got to work trekking across the expanse of stone.

It took longer than expected. There were various rising levels of rock and rough corners that required careful steps and holding out hands ready to catch the other if our footing fell away out of nowhere. Along the way, I taught Scaramouche how to utilise his vision efficiently by manipulating anemo to aid in exploration. It worked fantastically to make wide leaps and lift rocks to use as stepping stones.

Eventually, we found ourselves standing over the south west side of Liyue city above Wangshen Funeral Parlour. Exactly how I planned it. Without another word, I leaped off the cliff side into a graceful somersault and landed with a smooth skid across the concrete. Throwing my head back to view Scaramouche's reaction at my flashy show, he rolled his eyes with amusement before sliding down the rock face on anemo. He strolled to my side with a challenging smirk and I couldn't help but bark out a laugh.

"Mine looked cooler. Try harder next time," I commented.

"What happened to remaining inconspicuous? There won't be a next time if you make your presence known like that," he retorted, not sounding half as irritated as he would've liked.

"You're just salty because you know I'm right," I responded with an innocent smile.

"Mhm, keep dreaming bard," he spoke distractedly. "Where did you bring us?"

I glanced over at the building to our left where candle light was warming the windows in a saturated orange hue. Shadows passed by the blinds and voices could be heard on the inside. Casting a quick glance at the nearby street, I ensured nobody had witnessed us jumping down but instead took in the sight of the bustling road. There were countless numbers of people flocking about the main city. Many were on step ladders putting up lanterns and others were decorating the red railings with adornations. Instantly, it hit me.

"Lantern Rite," I realised out loud as I devoured the look of liveliness in the streets.

"Huh?"

"Lantern Rite!" I repeated more excitedly. "That's why there was an increase of guards and security!"

"The annual Liyue festival? Yes, it makes sense now. What are you so excited about?"

Only one thing. "Fireworks."

Scaramouche regarded the stars in my eyes with another look of amusement. "You'll want to watch them right? With this many people around, it shouldn't be too difficult to blend in with some borrowed disguises. Sounds good?"

I nodded happily, practically vibrating at the idea of seeing the explosive colours with this man at my side. It would be another core memory to write songs about later on. For now, we had things to sort out and they took priority.

"At the moment, we'd best get our circumstances sorted out. I can help with that," I explained.

I stalked towards the front door of the funeral parlour and knocked three times. Scaramouche began to protest but I gave him a confident look, showing him that I really knew what I was doing this time. It was the least I could do by now. If there were any favours I could cash in to help us, I would use them.

Not much longer, a key turned in the lock and the door swung open to reveal a widely smiling girl in a black uniform. Her eyes were flaming orbs and something about her radiated spiritual power. I felt the instinct to up my guard but the moment she set her eyes on me, her curious expression won me over.

"Sorry! We'll be closed for the next couple of days due to the festivities. If you've got any corpses on your hand, I suggest keeping them in some sort of cold container or if you're knowledgeable in the art of embalming, you'll know exactly what to do for yourself. Any emergencies? Send in a request and we'll see who we can send down to lend a hand!" she said all in one breath.

Why did that feel rehearsed? Did they really turn away dead people on national holidays?

"Actually, there's someone here that I'd like to request an audience with. If possible, could you mention my name to Mr Zhongli? If I'm not mistaken, he should recognise me," I spoke politely. I introduced myself to her as she nodded slowly with glittering eyes.

"Before I do that... Could I ask why it is that neither of you have a pulse?"

I froze. How could she have possibly deduced that? We had appeared before her only seconds ago. I suppose I was right to be suspicious of her. Someone with an aura that resembled death was someone to be cautious of. What I found even more strange however was the fact that she suggested neither me or Scaramouche had a pulse. I had heard it with my own ears, even if he was an artificially created human. The beat of it hummed like a steady rhythm whenever I was close enough to hear it. Was it really my imagination?

On instinct, I glanced at Scaramouche quickly. His expression was neutral yet his eyes told a different story. He was high on alert and his jaw was tense as if he was holding back the urge to yell. I felt my eyes trail down to his chest subtly and noticed the way it did not move in a way breathing lungs did. There was no rise and fall. Something in me stuttered. I know what I had heard. I was sure I'd heard the sound of his beating heart but he really showed no signs of breathing.

It was unwise to raise those queries in that particular situation but I would do my own investigating later. As for now, I had to explain why her question was a completely valid one and something I too would be curious about.

"Classified information, miss. If you could go ahead and inform Mr Zhongli of my arrival, that would be very helpful," I decided to say.

She laughed mischievously, clearly not prepared to let us go so easily. It was quite possibly a miracle when the shadow of a tall man was cast over the young lady just as she was clearly about to attempt an exorcism.

"Director? Who is it at the door?" questioned a deep voice that sounded aeons old. I knew immediately that I'd come to the right place.

The moment he came into view, I felt his almighty strength and wisdom cloud the air like smoke. His deep golden eyes ran over the length of me before the smallest smile tipped the corners of his lips up. I felt my entire body exhale with relief. It wasn't as if I was worried he wouldn't recognise me; it was the chance that he too was angered by my actions and would choose to punish me in place of the Tsaritsa. I wasn't entirely sure what their relations were like but I knew how much he was respected among the divine.

The urge to bow took over me but I saw the warning in his eyes. He went by Zhongli now and he was just a consultant at the parlour. I probably should have informed Scaramouche beforehand. It seemed as if he had sensed the power in this Archon before us. The Harbinger shifted closer to me and gripped my forearm with a gentle squeeze as if in warning. I gave him a small smile that ensured he was aware that I knew who we were in the presence of.

"Miss Y/N. It has been a long, long time. I must say, it is quite interesting that you have appeared before me yet I am not surprised in the least," said Zhongli with knowing eyes.

I felt my cheeks burn and gave him an embarrassed smile before he invited us inside. "Director Hu Tao, this is an old acquaintance of mine. I would appreciate it if you could show them the hospitality of the Wangshen Funeral Parlour. In the meantime, Miss Y/N, why don't we catch up over there and you can introduce me to your... companion?"

"Thank you, Mr Zhongli. We won't take up much of your time," I responded politely. The question in his suggestion about Scaramouche made it obvious that he knew of his identity. I had some serious explaining to do.

As the Director and Zhongli filed back in, I turned and gave Scaramouche a reassuring stare. "I'm guessing you've figured out who that is already. That god will hear us out, he's as fair as they get when it comes to deals and contracts. We're in good hands, don't worry."

"Don't worry?! Y/N, what makes you think he would side with you over one of the other archons? They're the Seven for a reason. They're all just as bad as each other. I just don't think it's wise to coincide with him. Not when we are both involved with other archons. You and I have angered the Tsaritsa, I'm related to the Shogun and you were born from the power of Barbatos. I wouldn't be surprised if you somehow stole Focalors gavel or wrecked Kusanali's library for fun. You are playing a very risky game!"

"Actually, I'll have you know that me and Focalors have never even spoken. And the only remotely offensive thing I did to her was turn her hourglass the other way round during a case in court. Personally, I found it quite amusing when the witness rambled for another hour or so. Of course, she tried to put me on trial for it but she didn't even know who did it and I've been a free woman ever since. Besides, Morax and I have a contract. Which means he cannot go back on it at any cost. I have thought this through," I explained. " Your lack of trust in me is completely justified. I've only been a nuisance from the start but if there's any time that I need you to believe in me, it would be now. He can help us."

"Are you two coming?" called the Director in a cheerful tone.

"Yes! Sorry to keep you waiting," I spoke apologetically.

I raised my brows at Scaramouche in question to which he huffed reluctantly and motioned with his head to make our way in. The whole time he kept close and let his hand rest on the small of my back protectively. I fought to keep a smile from rising. It was a beautiful thing to be protected and cared for.

Once we were encased in the warmth of the lobby, we trudged towards the far corner where Zhongli was already seated with a teapot and snacks. As we neared closer, I felt Scaramouche's hand travel up my back and to the back of my neck. He gently traced my skin with his finger before leaning into my ear and whispering.

"The ones I don't trust are them. Don't ever question the trust I have in you."

My eyes shot up to him at the sincerity of his words. Sure, they sounded particularly intimidating but the moment I met his gaze, I knew he was being extremely cautious because of the people around us. I nodded once, eternally grateful that he was willing to have faith in me even though I'd only disappointed him so far.

We sat down with the intention of getting this over and done with as soon as possible. It was simply too risky with the Northland bank being so close by. Scaramouche had expressed his concern earlier due to Tartaglia's habit of frequenting this place. He was often dispatched for missions here too which would prove troublesome as we attempted to get around the city for the next couple of days.

"I must say Miss Y/N, whilst I am aware of your adventurous flair and perilous ventures, partnering up with a Fatui Harbinger certainly tops the list," spoke Zhongli in a low volume.

I laughed awkwardly. "Unfortunately, being immortal does bring about very strong cases of boredom. I'm sure you know what I mean. Besides, it was never my intention to go down this path. I was simply going in whichever way the wind led me."

Zhongli eyed the two of us curiously, not bothering to disguise his interested gaze.

"So you know who I am then?" questioned Scaramouche with an accusing tone.

"I am knowledgeable about many things, Balladeer. It simply helps that Childe is a good friend of mine. You two don't get along very well, do you?"

Scaramouche snarled at him, refusing to answer the question and quite obviously vexed by Tartaglia's rambling.

"I believe it would be best to skip to the main subject so we can be on our way as soon as possible. Mr Zhongli, a long time ago I helped a lost boy that soon became your adeptus. In return, you offered me a favour that I could cash in at any time. If possible, I'd like to make use of that favour now," I stated.

Zhongli studied me intently, assessing my expression and the severity of the situation. Eventually, he nodded and motioned for me to continue.

"The Balladeer and I need safe passage to Inazuma as well as somewhere inconspicuous to stay for a few days as we prepare for the journey. With the blockade, the festival and the multitude of agents and soldiers loitering around the city, there is not much we can achieve alone. I know what I'm asking of you is a lot. Mr Zhongli, we were on the same battlefield all those years ago. I trust you know that I wouldn't ask for something like this unless absolutely necessary."

"It is quite alright, spirit. I won't go back on my word. We have a spare room you may stay in to reduce the risk of being recognised within the city. I am well acquainted with some people in the docks, I will try my best to find a way for you to safely make it to Inazuma. Unfortunately, with the festivities going on, I won't be able to sort anything out. You'll have to wait it out for a few days," responded Zhongli.

I glanced at Scaramouche for confirmation. He was already watching me, perhaps awaiting my agreement to the deal. "That's completely fine. Your generosity will forever be remembered by us, Morax. Thank you."

"The pleasure is all mine. And... I shouldn't really be the one saying this Miss Y/N but... Please stay out of trouble. You have done so much for so many people, honour that by staying alive and making good decisions. There are those that treasure your existence even if you no longer remember them."

I frowned at his strange words but understood the meaning nonetheless. For the life of me, I really couldn't recall anyone that fit his description. Perhaps they were dead already? It wasn't exactly my most pressing concern but I was touched by his suggestion that I was valued for my efforts even if it wasn't always made clear.

At that, we parted from the archon and were shown the way to the room they had promised us. I wasn't expecting anything lavish but I was shattered and in desperate need of a soft surface to lie on. It's true that I didn't necessarily need sleep but that didn't mean my joints weren't throbbing and my shoulders weren't crying for a good massage.

Upon reaching the room on the second floor, we thanked the consultant that had led us up here and began exploring what would be our lodging for the following days. It was a simple, small room with a double sized bed to the right, a curtained window at the back and an ensuite bathroom. It was well looked after and clean, perfectly usable and comfortable. I couldn't be more satisfied.

The moment the door shut behind us, I threw myself onto the mattress and grabbed the nearest pillow to hug tightly to my chest.

"How is it that as a wind spirit I don't need sleep and yet I can't keep my eyes open?" I murmured.

In the background, I heard shuffling and the movement of fabric but that was all. With no direct point of entry, no winds could enter and I was engulfed in a beautiful quiet. I sighed contently just about ready to succumb to sleep when I realised Scaramouche had yet to say a word.

With one eye cracked open, I sat up a little and tried to locate the man. He was dumping a pillow on the ground and appeared to be preparing to lay down on the floor. My brows shot up in surprise at his strange actions.

"What are you doing?" I asked as a little laugh escaped me.

He glanced up at me as he removed his hat. "There's only one bed. So I'm sleeping on the floor. Get some good rest, Y/N. We have lots to prepare for in the coming days."

"Uh... Yes we do. That doesn't explain why you're choosing to sleep on the floor. This bed is more than big enough for the both of us," I explained.

Scaramouche pursed his lips and tried to come up with something to say in response. At first, I thought he was trying to be polite or respectable but naturally, neither of those applied to him in any way shape or form and he blew it right out the park when he decided to tell me the full, honest truth. "You wriggle around like a worm in your sleep. If there's any way to put it nicely Y/N, you're intolerable to sleep beside. I'd rather sleep on a solid floor than be shoved off the bed an hour into the night."

My jaw hung open with the blunt shock of his confession. "There was nothing nice about that, Scaramouche."

Scaramouche winced. "Don't call me that. It sounds weird coming from you... If I've upset you, then I'm sorry. I'd just prefer not to wake up covered in bruises."

"I promise I won't beat you up in your sleep. Just please, don't sleep on the floor," I muttered with as much fake remorse as I could possibly muster. I plastered an earnest and sincere expression on my face, simply awaiting the moment where I would pounce. He thought I was intolerable to sleep next to? Oh he hasn't even seen half of it. I would batter him like a punching bag if that's what it would take. Call it a spouse's love and affection. After all, he was the one that unknowingly proposed. The day I revealed to him what he had done would be a glorious, glorious day. The look on his face would be unmatched.

Reluctantly, Scaramouche picked up the pillow and chucked it over to the side of the bed that wasn't occupied. The moment he neared the mattress, I grabbed him by the collar and dragged him beneath the thick sheets until we were trapped in the darkness. Even in the low light, I could see his glowing eyes that today seemed to resemble blue moons.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked quietly.

He was breathing a little faster since I'd gotten him beneath me. A smirk found its way onto my face after picking up on that. "Don't think you can get away with insulting my sleeping behaviour so easily. Did you think a little 'sorry' would get you back in my good books, Scaramouche?"

At the mention of the name he seemed to dislike coming from me, he snarled and attempted to get out of the trap I'd set him in. I had a lot more physical strength than he anticipated and he was not about to challenge me. Besides, he didn't seem particularly nervous or angered from my point of view. It was more like... Excitement.

"Ugh, how are you keeping me down? Look, I apologised and I meant it. What more do you want from me?" he growled.

A laugh escaped me at the growing frustration in him and the way his body was unknowingly relaxing beneath me. Without noticing, his hands had somehow ended up wrapped around the back of my thighs as I loomed over him with my fingers brushing his neck. I felt him swallow thickly, the grip of his hands tightening ever so slightly.

In order to rile him up a little more, I leaned down until my lips were hovering on the side of his neck and my hands were finding themselves comfortably tangled in his hair.

"Simple. Just ask for forgiveness," I smirked against his skin.

He shivered at the feel of my warm breath tickling his flesh and the sound of my whispers slithering into his head. I felt the movement of his hands riding up my thighs, over my hips and holding onto my waist with evident restraint.

"Too easy. Don't play with me. What do you want?" he asked, his voice low and distracted.

"Aw you know me so well," I murmured, pressing feather light kisses up his throat and stopping till our lips were millimetres apart. He was breathing heavier now, the glow in his eyes clouded with a desire for something. Scaramouche's gaze remained locked on my mouth as he slowly pulled me down by the waist till I was practically pressed against me. "Beg. Beg like you made all your subordinates beg for forgiveness before you ignored their puny existences."

It was Scaramouche's turn to bark out a laugh. His eyes met mine, shining with amusement and curiosity. "You used to watch me. I never noticed."

He moved forward in an attempt to kiss me and no doubt distract me from the real objective. I wouldn't fall for it so easily. "Don't change the subject. Or do you not want to be forgiven? Fine."

I tried to slip out of his grasp but found myself completely stuck above him. I wriggled like the worm he thought I was but it was to no avail. Instead of letting me go, in one quick motion he flipped me onto my back as I yelped out in surprise. His arms slipped around my middle and were locked into place. Scaramouche then rested his head on my chest and giving me one of those devastating smiles. I was awestruck, gobsmacked, mesmerised. Damn it, he was good. His eyes... God, his eyes. They were staring into my soul and hypnotising me in just the right way.

"You'll forgive me, won't you?"

I was still highly distracted by his gaze but found it in me to respond with an almost coherent sentence. "What did you do wrong again?"

He laughed. The sound tickled my brain and infected a smile onto my face and just like that all was forgiven. Not that I even remembered how it all started.

Scaramouche's hands slid underneath the fabric of my shirt, delicately running over my skin and creating a sense of elation within me. All his attention was on me and I was revelling in it. I could never get enough of it.

"You want something. Tell me what you want," he whispered, so close yet so far from my lips.

I held his face, running a thumb over his bottom lip and pulling him down to meet my own. He kissed me softly and kindly and attentively. His hands were still roaming over my body, restless and desperate for a touch of everything. Once they found their way all tangled in my hair, he tugged back a little and tilted my head up in the process. I felt the warmth of his tongue run over my lip before seeking entrance to which I offered no resistance. He tasted me, hungry yet so patient. It felt as if he were savouring me, nipping at my lip and caressing my tongue with his.

He didn't feel close enough. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down until he was lying over me. The feel of his body on mine should've felt taxing with the added weight but I felt so safe. Scaramouche clutched me tightly by the waist and was in no way out of breath at all. His precious lips pulled away from mine regrettably but only to smile that smile and offer me one more soft kiss before he pursued other ideas.

His fingers slid down to the hem of my shirt, lifting it up slowly before stopping to meet my eyes for consent to continue. I nodded without a word, too caught up in his slow movements and the desire he showcased in his eyes. A small smile played on the corners of his mouth before he pulled the shirt over my head.

I studied his reaction. Not many got to see the swirl tattoos on my skin and they looked even better when they were glowing with anemo energy. They were painted in regal lines over my ribs like the bodice of a dress and bloomed on my back until those words inscribed at the top of my spine were the main eye catcher.

His lips parted at the sight of me, a sharp intake of air came from him. "Art. You're a work of art. A masterpiece. It would be a crime not to kiss every inch of your skin."

Boy, did he have a way with words.

I didn't think he would go through with it until I was covered in love marks. His lips were lethal. Once they'd come into contact with my neck, I was thrown into a dream. It continued over and over again, the teasing and sucking and biting. All over my collarbone, up my neck, down to my chest.

What a drug he was.

Scaramouche was sure to never let any part of my body go neglected. His fingers were intertwined with mine, keeping them by my head to ensure I didn't interrupt his mission to explore every inch of me. His legs always trapped mine between his and when he wasn't holding my hands, he was keeping my hips down when his mouth was inching lower and lower. My back arched at the sensation, breathy moans leaving my throat. I tried to keep quiet but he only encouraged me to keep singing for him. He called it another form of music that was only for his ears.

If the building wasn't entirely abandoned after the funeral parlour closed down, I would have never left this room out of sheer embarrassment.

When it seemed as if he was done, I decided it was my turn to return the favour. Where once I may have considered my own spirit markings impressive, they were nothing like the lines that ran over his muscles so intricately.

...

Oh how I missed sleeping on a mattress. Never will I lie on the floor of a forest for a whole night ever again.

I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes. My mind was awake but the cocoon of warmth and the smell of clean air coming from a breeze blowing in my direction was too relaxing. I felt like a freshly baked cookie cooling off on the window sill.

I blinked slowly, allowing my eyes the time they needed to adjust to the lighting that brightened the room in pale yellow. The sheer white curtains fluttered gracefully and a bird whistled a morning song. I inhaled deeply and prepared to get up when many various factors halted my actions.

First of all, my body was strangely sore and exhausted. The warmth had disguised the achiness but my movements had made me strongly aware of the body that was using me as a teddy. Memories played over in my head and suddenly I was drunk on the reminder of a certain man's mouth making me feel desirable and worshipped.

That particular man was still fast asleep behind me. His bare chest was right against my back, an arm of his was secured tightly around my waist and the palm of his hand was splayed out over my stomach. Is it possible to feel the butterflies in someone's stomach if they have a hand over it I wonder?

I had absolutely no chance of escape. Scaramouche's leg was slung over mine lazily and his other hand was wrapped with mine, fingers interlocked and held tightly together. If it was possible to feel any more flustered after last night, I was feeling it. Glancing down, I registered all the small bruises that littered my skin like freckles. Whilst I was worried about how I would go about covering them all up, I secretly loved them. It felt like he was marking me as his. And it was true that I could be no one else's. The nature of my body wouldn't allow it but as far as I was concerned, that only worked in my favour. It meant that he was the only person that could and would touch me the way he did yesterday.

As much as I loved being in Scaramouche's arms, my limbs felt tight and rusty. I needed to move about otherwise I would soon get pins and needles. My attempts to wriggle out of his embrace were futile. It would be impossible to leave without waking him. The furthest I got was loosening his hand around my waist but the moment I did, his body grew more tense. It seemed as if I had woken him.

"You want to get out?" he mumbled in that husky, morning voice. He laughed into my hair softly and moved until his mouth was by my ear, heating up my insides at the sound of his seductive voice and warm lips so close. "You'll have to try harder than that."

"It's not as if I want to leave. I just need to stretch my limbs a bit."

"Hm. I was expecting you to try and poorly convince me how you absolutely despise me and everything that happened last night was a mistake. It seems I have changed you for the better," murmured Scaramouche sarcastically.

"Yes, yes. I'm a changed woman," I joked.

Scaramouche leaned over and pressed a kiss to my cheek that soon continued down a trail and stopped at the base of my neck. He let go of my hand to run his fingers over the words at the top of my spine.

'May you be blessed with the power of the winds'

At each little swirl of the cursive writing, he traced it as if he were the one writing it. "Do you like it?"

He mumbled a distracted "mhm" before turning me around to face him. I was positively shocked to see he was glowing after a good night's sleep. On the nights we stayed under the stars, the ground was rough and creatures never ceased to stir in the bushes and trees. Neither of us looked our best the next morning so it was certainly a sight for sore eyes seeing him look so serene.

"You look happy," I commented with amusement.

Scaramouche watched the movement of my lips with interest before dipping down to take my mouth in his. If he and I never left this room, never left this moment I would gladly die a happy spirit. And as per usual, the man who was the embodiment of perfection tasted as if he'd just sipped on a nectar that came from the heavens. It was addictive.

Alas, we had things to do and he was always the more responsible one. "I'll let you stretch those limbs of yours. In the meantime, wash up whilst I go get us some disguises to dress in as we move around the city."

I nodded and watched him leave the bed, picking up any stray clothes he could find and sorting them into mine and his. During this time, I eyed the electro symbol at the back of his neck that was still defamed with a painful looking scar in the shape of an X. I knew that he had a strong disliking for all the gods but it was especially obvious when it came to the Shogun. It didn't sit right with me that he felt the need to hurt himself just to erase the remnants of his origins.

Instead, I chose to study the gorgeous patterns on his arms and chest. There were even some on the sides of his hips that I had gotten a lovely glimpse at last night. Unfortunately, they were now hidden from sight by his shorts.

Whilst I didn't take the Harbinger as much of a gentleman, he picked my clothes up off the ground and folded them neatly before placing them on the floor by my side of the bed. He brushed my hair back away from my face and kissed me on the forehead before exiting the room.

I feel like a princess.

A/N

So i'm delaying the angst till next chapter because this one took so long to get out.

I've been feeling really unmotivated recently and school isn't going so well as I have piles and piles of hw. My mocks didn't go so well and it's so cold here that at some point when I was waiting for a bus, frost began to grow between my fingers. Its up to you whether or not you believe me.

Anyways, I hope you like this chapter lovelies!! Thanks for all the love. I do read all your comments and they make me feel so much better about my writing. Lets hope for a quicker upload now that winter break is approaching xoxo

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

9.8K 432 21
❝let it all go. see what stays❞ Y/n wasn't expecting to end up in the Fatui, but if fate wanted to land her in the fatui, so be it. Unfortunately, h...
5.2K 205 8
| S L O W U P D A T E | - - "There is always something that meets the eye." Y/N is the newest fatui harbinger brought by Pierro after La Signora die...
8.3K 449 34
Word count β‰ˆ 66k Started - 9/7/2022 Completed 9/7/2023 (this is a disclaimer, i wrote this when i was like... 12-13 so it is notoriously bad) Y/N Rag...
5.7K 299 15
Y/n L/n escapes the fatui and her father at a young age her resentment growing for her home nation as she gets accustomed to the life in Mondstat, t...