Sweet treats (Bob velseb x re...

By thingies

You're a former trauma surgeon who resigned after a horrible event in your life. Now, after moving across the... More

A/N
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21

1

1.7K 45 91
By thingies

June 17th, 2005
———————————

"The serial killer known as, "The red Devil" is on the loose. We advise staying indoors and keeping your doors locked. So far 5 bodies have been found linked to this k-"

You groaned as you switched the radio in your car to some cheesy pop song. You really didn't want to listen to that serial killer garbage anymore. Especially because the killer was located in the town you were currently moving into. It was just too scary.

You rolled down the window of your car and stuck your arm out the drivers side. Rows and rows of giant windmills passed your vision. The air was hot, and sticky, and your trashy little car didn't exactly have working air conditioning.

The music blared as the wind blew through your hair. Today... was moving day.

You made a quick glance at the back seat of your car. Everything was still in order! Most of your stuff was shoved into the trunk, but the rest had to be stuffed in the empty seats of your car.

You turned your head back to focus on the road. It didn't really feel like you were getting anywhere, considering most of the things you passed on your way to town was grass or the lone gas station.

Apparently, the town you were moving into had about 500-ish people living in it. An EXTREMELY small town where everyone knows everyone. You're sure to be a surprise.

Currently, you were on your way to a tiny little ranch house that (hopefully) you'll be able to call home.

"One more hour to go..." you mumbled to yourself. This drive was exhausting. Especially because you basically moved across the entire country. But it's for the best. Your parents don't talk to you either, so it's not like you had much going on back at your old home other than your job.

Your job.....

You sighed and turned the radio up higher. You were not going to think about years of wasted medical school and student debt. Today was going to be a good day! And you would make sure of it.

——————

Bob was currently working the grill. He worked at a little place in town called "Boys and Grills". It was a cute little restaurant, one of the only ones in town that was also a functioning bar.

He was hot. So fucking hot. The air conditioning was doing jack shit, and there was about 40 people crammed into the tiny-ass restaurant.

The patrons were loud, the grills were hot, Bob was sweating.... He just wanted to finish his shift and get done as soon as possible.

"Hey, Bob."
He was knocked out of his trance. Bob looked over at the regular that was sitting at the bar right next to his grill.

"Did you hear?" The regular spoke, "Someone new is moving in today."

Bob perked up at that. Someone new? That was a rare occurrence.

He cleared his throat and looked over at the regular. "Oh yeah?" He asked, flipping a burger.

The regular smiled and swirled his drink. "Yeah, and I heard that they're a former surgeon. Apparently they'll be helping out at the hospital."

Hospital... if you could call it that. It was basically the biggest building in town. But the catch is that it was home to a morgue, a crematorium, psych ward, AND a classic hospital. The city couldn't really afford to have separate buildings.

Bob chuckled and looked at the regular. "Well, I hope they're nice. I cant deal with anymore assholes in this town."

"Ain't that right." The regular took a swig of his drink and slammed it down on the counter. "Welp, I'll be off. I gotta get to work. See ya Bob."

Bob waved as the customer left the restaurant. A surgeon, huh? Well that's certainly interesting.

Bob adjusted his hat and went back to cooking. Maybe today won't be so boring after all.

———-

"Holy. Ass. It's so hot." You panted as you stepped out of the car. You were currently stopped at a gas station for a little pee break.... And maybe you'd pick up some snacks as well.

It felt like the asphalt was melting your shoes as you walked. You were NOT used to this weather. Your old city was located in the pacific north west, where it basically rained 24/7 and the highest temperature reached 80 degrees.

You pulled at your shirt to maybe get an illusion of cool air as you stepped into the gas station.

It was tiny, of course. And also located in basically bum-fuck nowhere. Whatever. You just really had to pee.

"Heya! Welcome in!" The older lady at the cash register greeted you as you walked in. You smiled politely.

"Hi. Is it possible if I could use your restroom?"

She smiled and handed you a key. "Just walk down the center isle, turn left, and you should see it."

You grabbed the key out of her hand and breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you."

"You're welcome sweetheart. Just be quick, it's almost my lunch break." She chuckled and winked.

You rushed over to the tiny bathroom to do your business. Once you were done, you looked through the isles and decided to pick up a few snacks and an energy drink.

You placed the key and other snacks down in front of her.

The cashier smiled. "I haven't seen you around here." She said. "I don't think I ever see anyone besides the regulars that come in. Where are you from sweetheart?"

You smiled and grabbed your wallet. "I'm moving in, actually. Right down to the small town just north of here."

The cashier lady, who's name tag said "Deborah" looked at you with concern. "Now, you need to be careful. That town is bad news."

You didn't notice her eyes get dark as she scanned your things.
"Rumor has it that a cult is workin' underground there. And the serial killer as well... nobody has identified who it could be." She said, bagging up your items. You looked back at her. "The police station has two working police officers. They'll be lucky if they ever find the guy."

You frowned. This information soured your mood just a little bit. Deborah noticed your change in demeanor and perked up.

"Oh but don't worry darlin'! You look like you can handle yourself just fine. I just hope you'll be careful and aware of your surroundings." She smiled at you and handed you your bag of goodies.

You sighed. "Thank you ma'am. I'll be safe." You said as you opened the door, the bell jingling.

"Oh, and say hi to Bob for me!" Deborah added as you exited the building. You smiled and nodded, but you literally had no idea who that was.

You sat down on the hot concrete and peeled open your bag. You grabbed the energy drink and downed the ice cold delicacy as fast as you could. The cicadas chirped in the distance, reminding you of how fucking hot it was.

You stood up, cracked your back, and tossed your empty drink van into the garbage. A cult huh.... You thought to yourself. It seemed a little ridiculous. But like Deborah said, it was just a rumor anyways.

You shut your car door and started up the engine, ready to get to your house and collapse from exhaustion.

——————

"Oh sweet baby Jesus I finally made it." You breathed.

In front of you was a little ranch home located in between two other similar houses. It was bright green and a little gaudy, but you didn't care. You'd paint it later. You shuffled through your various keys and found the one to your house that the landlord mailed to you.

You opened the door and flicked on the light. It wasn't too bad. A one story open floor plan, with cream walls and and light brown accents. The kitchen was small, and there was no furniture.

Shit. You'd have to buy some furniture. Why didn't you think of that before??? Well... you did leave in kind of a hurry.

You shook your head and sighed. That didn't matter right now. What mattered was getting your stuff inside, and taking a fat nap. You walked back out the front door, ready to grab your things, and ran face first into a pair of tits.

You looked up at the woman who you ran into, your face still on her chest. She cleared her throat. Mortified, you jumped back, your face red.

"Oh my GOD I am SO SORRY. I just didn't see you!!" You said, aiming your eyes away from her chest and down at the ground, face fuming.

She laughed, and it sounded like one that wasn't uncomfortable or mad. You looked up at her. She was unique looking, to say the least. Lilac purple hair streamed down her back, and she looked at you with a face of amusement. "It's fine!" She laughed and stuck her hand out for you to shake. "I'm your neighbor. My name is Lila!"

A smile crept up on your face as you grabbed her hand and shook. "(Y/N). Nice to meet you neighbor. I'm sorry about... well... about what just happened a minute ago."

She continued to laugh and let go of your hand. "You're okay! Mistakes happen. Maybe I should have been louder?"

You chucked. "Maybe..."

She looked back at you again. "Anyways, I live on the right side of you now, with my son, Skid. He's playing with his little friend right now but I'm sure you'll bump into him later." She said, almost embarrassed. "This is a small town... so just about everyone knows that you moved in today. I wouldn't be surprised if you get some stares."

"Uh, I haven't yet. But I'm sure that'll happen soon." You said.

She smiled. "Well, I'll let you get back to it. I see that you have quite a lot of things to unpack." She glanced at the mattress strapped to the top of your car. "If you need help, let me know. I can send over some strong men to help you." She winked and you grimaced a little inside. You waved as she began to walk away. "It was nice meeting you!" She said as she walked to her house.

"Likewise!"

Your hand flopped down at your side. Well that was... embarrassing. But she seemed really nice. You might bake her something later to apologize for the tit-smashing. But right now, you were starved and tired. You glanced around to see if there was any food to be found.

Your eyes met with a little restaurant across the road. "Boys and... Grills?" it sure was punny. You shrugged your shoulders and decide that eating something would be nice. You turned around, locked your car and your house, and began the walk across the street. No need to waste gas if it's this close.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 2.3K 25
The moment his eyes lands on her, he's all determined to make her his. He gets and keeps her against her will. But what he doesn't know is that, the...
5.1K 161 23
You moved into the town not so long ago, looking for a job. You finally find a place to work after finding a help wanted poster for Boys and grills...
223 6 22
spencer, i'll remember how i'd loved you. even after i saw the hate behind your sweet eyes and messy statistics. even after i heard casually cruel wo...
285K 9K 14
It all stared with a simple visit. A visit that was supposed to kill you. That night you were left with a strange mark on your chest, and that night...