Too Late To Say Goodbye | Tom...

By helpingthemind

~1923~ In which Tommy's life seems to be falling into place. Business is expanding, the family is thriving... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
95.
96.
97.
98.
99.
100.
101.
102.
103.
105.
Author's Note

104.

3.5K 166 3
By helpingthemind

Eleanor adjusted the pin in Bella's hair.

She pressed her lips together in order to keep her emotions in check as she stepped back to look at her daughter.

"Do I look alright?" Bella asked nervously as she brushed down the dress looking in the mirror.

"You look absolutely stunning dear." Eleanor told her coming up behind her to look over her shoulder at her.

The women turned their heads towards the door as Ada softly knocked and entered.
She instantly smiled at her friend.
"It's time. Everyone is seated in the hall. Arthur is waiting for you at the bottom of the stairs."

"Thank you, Ada." Bella smiled at her

Today was the day.

Tommy and Bella were getting married today.

Bella was ready with her long white dress on, her hair curled and half pin back, the way Tommy liked it.

Eleanor lightly kissed her cheek careful not to smudge her make up.
"I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to be here today."

Bella smiled kindly. She was so grateful her mum got to be here. For years she thought she would never get to see her again, and yet the whole reason she was even here is all thanks to Tommy.

"Thank you for being here Mum, I love you."

"I love you too, I'll go help Polly with the children. But I'll see you soon." Eleanor winked at her, brushing her hair down.

Once she was alone again, she took one last look at her self.

For one of the first times in her life, she loved the way she looked.

Bringing her hand up to her necklace. It was the same necklace with the light pink stone that Tommy got her for Christmas a few years back. She almost never takes it off.

Her dress was absolutely beautiful with a open back and modern fringe dangling from the dress.

Checking that everything was in place she took a deep breath and exited the room.

At the bottom of the stair case, in the front foyer was Arthur. He was waiting for her in a full suit, hands in his pockets as he looked around anxiously.

Bella thought long and hard about who she wanted to give her away.
Her father was unfortunately not around to do this for her, although she felt as if she could feel him here today.
She wanted someone that meant a lot to her, someone that she trusted and considered family.
So of course she came to the conclusion that she wanted Arthur to walk her down the aisle.

Tommy tried to protest at first, as he wanted him to be his best man. But Bella quickly pointed out that he already had his chance of being his best man in his first wedding, so now it was her turn and said that she'll even let him finish his speech this time.
At her comment, Tommy just simply rolled his eyes and finally agreed to let Arthur walk her and asked Finn to be his best man.

Arthur looked up at hearing her start down the stairs, his eyes lit up in delight. Letting out a low whistle as he held his hand out for her to take when she got closer.
"Wow look at you! You look fuckin' brilliant, love!"

Bella giggled, picking up the end of her dress as Arthur gave her a little spin to show off her dress.
"My brother is one lucky man."

When she was back standing still in front of him, Arthur held his arm out for her to loop hers through.

She smiled up at him, and padded his elbow.
"Thank you for doing this Arthur."

He returned the smile, lining up in front of the door.
"I'm honored to do it, sister."

The wedding was taking place right here in the arrow house ball room, it wasn't huge but it was enough. Bella never really thought of her wedding before, but she did know she didn't want to have it in a church.
So she figured why not have it here, in their home, where all their friends and family can stay comfortably.

Just then the music on the other side of the door started playing.

"Ready Bell?" Arthur asked

And she looked up with a nod "I've been ready for a long time now."

Arthur winked at her right before the two doors opened, revealing the beautifully decorated room.
The room was decorated in white and light pink colors, flowers and ribbons. It was truly amazing and she had Ada and Lizzie to thank for that.

All the guests where standing in front of their seats in the aisles. Turning to look at her enter.
But she didn't pay attention to any of them. Her smile grew wide as her eyes landed on the man at the end of the isle.

He gave her a closed lipped smile.
he looked handsome in his dark blue suit and white corsage. His hands folded in front of him as he waited almost impatiently for her to get to him.

Tommy imagined this exact moment in his head a million times. He's been thinking about this since the moment he decided he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.
Now they were here, really doing it and she looks even more magnificent than he ever could have imagined.

Polly, Eleanor and Lizzie all sat next to each other as they watched her walked down the aisle.
Flora was in Lizzie arms, and Charlie between Polly and Eleanor.
Ada was up at the altar, as Bella couldn't have asked for anyone better to be her maid of honor.

Bella felt her cheeks turn slightly red feeling all the attention on her.
When they reached the end of the aisle, Arthur turned to kiss her cheek before moving to stand next to Finn, who looked ecstatic at being next to his brother.

Tommy held eye contact with Bella, holding his hand out to help her up the step to stand in front of him.

She gently placed her hand in his, the smile never leaving her face.
"Hi" she whispered to him

He smirked at her, loving how shy she looked. "Hey." He whispered back

Jeremiah stood between them, waiting patiently until Tommy glanced at him with a nod, before quickly looking back at Bella.

"Dearly beloved, we're gathered here today to join this man and this woman in matrimony..."

To Tommy, Jeremiah's voice slowly faded out as all he could concentrate on was Bella. His beautiful Bella, right now they were the only two in the room.

Bella felt the same way, as she looked intently into his eyes, getting lost in the blue of them.

"...do you Thomas Shelby take this woman to be your wife, to live together in matrimony, to love her, to honor her, to comfort her, and to keep her in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?"

Tommy gave her hands a small squeeze.

"I do."

Not knowing it was even possible, her smile got wider.

"Do you Bella Ray take this man to be your husband, to live together in matrimony, to love him, to honor him, to comfort him, and to keep him in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?"

She nodded quickly, before realizing she needed to speak.

"I do."

Jeremiah smiled, pausing as Finn and Ada handed over the rings.

Tommy slide the ring onto Bella's finger first, bringing her hand up to his lips softly and murmuring, "you're my home, peach."

Fighting back the tears that were in her eyes, she pressed her lips together as she took his hand, sliding the ring onto his finger, then repeating as he did, sealing it with a kiss.
"Til' death do we part."

"...by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you Husband and Wife...you may now kiss the bride." Jeremiah announced

The couple smile, Tommy bringing his hands to her cheeks pulling her close and smashing their lips together.

The room erupted in claps and cheers, Bella started to giggle against his lips when she heard Arthur howling.

Tommy pulled back, but still held her close smiling down at her.
"I love you, Mrs. Shelby."

She couldn't help herself and kissed him again at hearing that name.
She was officially Mrs. Shelby...

"And I love you more, Mr. Shelby."

He shook his head, smirking "impossible."

Then Arthur came out of nowhere clapping Tommy on the back, pulling the two back into reality.
Tommy grabbed her hand, holding it high in the air for everyone to see.
Then the couple made their way out of the hall, to start the rest of the night's festivities.

***Author's Note***
Hope you enjoyed!
I decided that the next chapter will be the last of this book :(
I'll post it once this chapter gets 100 votes!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 726 6
Summary: Thomas has come back from the war a different man and is moving up in the underworld as the head of the Peaky Blinders, but what happens whe...
241K 4.6K 26
She's always been there in the background for Tommy Shelby; Forever loyal to the man she loves but with new complications with the police and new ene...
60.4K 3.1K 33
𝙑𝙞𝙘𝙚: 𝙞𝙢𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙖𝙡 𝙤𝙧 𝙬𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙤𝙧 𝙖 𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙗𝙚𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙤𝙧 𝙝𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙩. 𝙑𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙚: 𝙗𝙚𝙝...
10.7K 484 8
THE WILDEST OF THEM ALL - a Peaky Blinders fanfiction -IN WHICH all sorts of things happen, at home and outside, every day, but Darcy doesn't recall...