Love Affair

By notreally1D

Love Affair: A romantic sexual relationship, especially one between people who are not married to each other... More

Introduction
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One*
Twenty Two*
Twenty Three
Twenty Four*
Twenty Five*
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight*
Twenty Nine
Thirty*
Epilogue I
Epilogue II
Epilogue III*

Prologue

1.4K 67 33
By notreally1D

"You're shaking." I hear Greg comment from behind me, my eyes falling shut as I take a deep breath to attempt to calm how nervous I am.

I can't stop shaking but I am about to get married.

"It's just Niamh, chill out." He continues to talk to me.

"That's the problem." I sigh, "It's Niamh, I need to be perfect."

I met Niamh when we were younger, she was seventeen and I was nineteen when we started dating however. Our families have been friends for years so naturally, we knew each other but she was my best friend's little sister who was annoying and always tried to interfere with our plans.

When I'd stay around his house for a sleepover, she'd crash with us always lying, telling us had a nightmare and used that excuse to stay with us because Patrick always caved for his little sister.

She was an adorable little kid, cheesy smile with her front teeth slightly longer than the rest, bright, happy eyes and just all round sweet.

As we got older, we drifted apart quite a bit but were brought back together due to an incident and I realised that I should've tried a little harder to be there for her because our families are so close.

Our friendship quickly became us realising our feelings, I remember the day I figured out how I truly felt about her. We'd gone out for a walk in this flower field she found the week before, there was a waterfall and this gorgeous little lake underneath.

It was her smile that did it for me.

Her fucking smile.

Lights up my entire soul, makes my insides feel so fuzzy and warm. She manages to make me feel like that every single day, that's why I got down on one knee and asked her to be my wife last year right by the waterfall that I fell in love with her by.

Almost a year later, I'm waiting for her to walk down the aisle and finally be my wife.

"Niamh gives zero fucks if you're perfect or not, she's seen you at your worst and she still decided to marry you." He chuckles, making me go to kick his shin the most subtle way and he groans quietly in pain.

He just had to remind me.

"Just shut up, you aren't helping." I grit my teeth to speak to him, I don't know why I picked him as my best man because he's so fucking annoying and definitely not helping me feel better or less nervous.

He chuckles and I take a deep breath as people rise from their seats and the music changes. We don't have any bridesmaids so I just get my girl without having to wait.

My pretty Niamh.

I don't think I could wait any longer, I just need to see her. I've been apart from her for too long now, I need her back in my arms and to finally be my wife.

The doors at the end of the aisle fly open, my eyes widening as a smile takes over my face and I finally gain sight of her.

I'm immediately consumed with Niamh.

Niamh. Niamh. Niamh.

"Are you crying?" Greg whispers from behind me but I ignore him as Niamh's dad makes sure her dress is perfectly in place and that she won't trip before she looks up and meets my eyes.

Her light brown hair cascading down her chest in soft waves, her lips painted a blush pink and a smile erupts over her face, I can see a soft laugh leave her lips. The delicate, white hugs over her body, lace and little details.

She looks so gorgeous.

My fingers push my glass off of my face to wipe the tears off of my cheeks. She's so pretty that I'm crying, she makes me feel so fucking loved.

Nothing in the room matters except her, she consumes my thoughts completely and all I can think about is her.

My eyes follow her down the aisle, watching her slowly approach me with all eyes on her. Everyone admires her beauty. Her eyes are dancing over me, shining with tears from her emotions.

I smile brighter, watching her look over me from my toes to the tips of my hair and she looks like she loves every little part of me.

My suit is simple, I wanted to dress simply so she shone beside me and everyone would be admiring her. It seems to be working because the angel walking towards me has managed to completely captivate everyone.

She reaches me, turning to her dad and wrapping her arms around him. She's always been her dad's favourite child, he adores her and it's obvious in the relationship they have with one another.

He kisses her cheek before turning to me and smiling, reaching a hand out. My hand is sweaty but he doesn't seem to care when he firmly shakes it before Niamh steps up to stand opposite me.

"Hi." She whispers softly, taking both my hands and giving them a gentle squeeze.

"Hi." I breathe, still a little star struck from her beauty. "You look gorgeous, Evie Love."

She grins, "thank you, I'm glad you wore your glasses today, you look handsome." I chuckle at her use of the word handsome. I wore my glasses for her because she prefers me with them on, always complimenting me because she knows I get self conscious and I often just wear contacts.

"Thank you, babe." I want to kiss her right now, I'm struggling to hold myself back but I know I need to wait.

When it's time for the vows, I know that hearing her talk about how much love she has for me will make me cry but thankfully I am the one to start.

"Niamh." Her name falls delicately from my lips, her brows raising slightly as she keeps her eyes pinned onto mine.

"I've had these vows prepared since I got down on one knee for you yet right now I can't think to even read them. I need to speak from my heart." She nods softly, Greg taking my written out vows away from me and I take both of Niamh's hands in mine.

Her skin is so soft, so smooth and I find myself tracing my thumb over the tattoo of the little butterflies she has on her hand.

"I'm so grateful that I've been able to know you as long as I have, to grow up with you and that I will get to continue to grow with you. You mean the world to me, I want to be with you no matter what. You're a ray of happiness and light in my life Evie, in everyone's around you and thank you for sharing your happiness with me."

She grins, lighting my soul up.

"You're stuck with me now angel girl, I promise to be the best husband and potentially one day father. I'll try my hardest for you, you deserve the world and then some." Now I want to kiss her, I need to kiss her.

Her eyes are glassy as she smiles at me so brightly her cheeks must ache.

Then it's her turn and I take a deep breath to try and hold my tears back but it's not much use, I'm already beginning to cry and she hasn't even opened her mouth yet.

"Niall." She whispers, I'm the only person in the room who heard her and that's the way she wants it. "Thank you for loving me when no one else did, caring for me and looking out for me even when you were just my older brother's best friend."

She giggles softly, "I know I was pretty annoying when we were younger but I never dreamed you'd see me in any other way than Patrick's sister but now I can't even remember a time you weren't in my arms."

I let out a breathy chuckle, letting go of one of her hands to wipe my tears off of my cheeks while she continues to talk. "I love you star boy, I can't wait to continue dreaming with you for the rest of my life."

I need to kiss her, right now.

The vicar starts talking but I zone out and focus on Niamh who's in her own world, still smiling away as she takes in what the vicar is saying. I'm pulling from my thoughts when I repeat what's being told to me, my eyes on Niamh as she watches me back.

Niamh does the same and we finally reach the part I have been waiting for, for months.

"Niall, do you take Niamh to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

I nod my head, breathing out happily. "I do."

"Niamh, do you take Niall to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

She pretends to think for a second which has me rolling my eyes but she ultimately replies with the two words I've been waiting for. "I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride."

I pounce on her so fast she squeals in shock when my lips crash down onto hers, tipping her body back while one of my arms stays looped around her lower back to make sure she doesn't fall.

Our lips move together, forgetting everyone else is in the room because all I can think and feel is Niamh.

Niamh, Niamh. Niamh.

Niamh for the rest of my life and only Nimah.

☆☆☆

Welcome to Love Affair

<33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 66 27
Isabelle is your typical high school student. She's popular with her crowd of friends, has enemies, fancies the cutest guy in school who doesn't even...
870K 21.8K 103
Olivia Allen is a college student who is studying abroad in London. Quickly after moving halfway across the world, her semester's focus shifts from h...
232K 4.9K 49
They've known each other since they were eleven, inseparable best friends for as long as they can remember, but long distance and spotty behavior cau...
21.4K 409 22
Violet, a travelling student, gets involved with a man named Harry Styles whilst studying abroad in France. Turns out, Harry is none other than her y...