SUMMER

By daniella2003s

Summer Monroe is a teenage girl with a big dream to put her designs out in the world. She finally got a chan... More

INTRODUCTION
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
Author's note
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
Author's note
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
Author's note
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33

CHAPTER 27

2 1 0
By daniella2003s

Nate's POV

"Nicely done Mr. Collins." My producer clapped his hands as I removed the headphones from my ears. It was my second day here and I just finished recording one of my songs. Not the new ones the ones me and Kyle wrote.

"Thanks Bass!" I walk out of the booth.

"That was great, this is going to be a great album. Looking forward to what you have for us after this." He said.

"After this?" I asked confused.

"Yeah, your new songs. You do have new songs lined up right?" he asked me.

"Yeah, yeah, of course." I said nervously brushing through my hair.

"Great, anyway that's it for today, see you tomorrow." He said.

"Later mate." I waved.

It's not like I don't have new songs, I just don't want to share them with the world yet. I mean what if they are not that great. I went to sound booth to record a song I was doing for Summer. It's one of our old songs, Kyle and I. She loved it so much that whenever she was in a bad mood or not feeling that great, we would sing it for her and she would feel better. I want to surprise her with it at the Gala that's in a few weeks.

*****

It was around 4 in the evening and I was approaching my place. I walked out of my car and saw Kelly sitting on Josh's porch.

"Hello love! Whatsup?" I said walking up to her.

"Well, my dad's dying and my mum is driving me fucking crazy." She looks stressed.

"Damn, that's a lot." I looked at her.

"Ya think!" she looked at me then looked back down.

"You waiting for Josh?" I asked.

"I was, then I remembered that he's on a date and won't be back any time soon." She said.

"Damn, Joshy boys gonna get some!" I said in an attempt to brighten up the mood but that didn't work because she was clearly giving me daggering eyes. "Sorry." I said looking down. "If you wanna release some stress you can come inside and I can help you with that." I said smirking.

"Gross!" she said disgusted and my smile faded for a split second.

"What, you wouldn't hit this?" I said turning around.

"Never in a million years." She rolled her eyes.

"Damn, you are a tough nut to crack aren't you?" I said.

"My specialty." She smiled.

"Okay, but for real though, you can come inside, Summer texted that she's almost home." I told her and she just looked at me skeptically. "I promise I won't try anything." I raised my hands in defense. "Scouts honor." I crossed my heart.

She was still deciding and after sometime she followed me to the door and I opened it.

"Scouts honor really?" she looked at me deadpanned.

"What?" I asked confused and she just rolled her eyes and walked in.

She walked in and sat down on the couch and I brought her some snacks.

"Thanks." She said.

"Oh and by the way, I don't date friends, that's what I meant by scouts honor." I told her.

"Not that I'm interested, why?" she asked.

"It always gets complicated." I told her and she just nodded.

She turned on the TV and put on some reality show that I wasn't really interested in so went to the kitchen counter and got out my song book. I was working on a new song.

"Hey, what rhymes with dine?" I asked Kelly.

"Umm, pine, fine, wine, mine." She answered.

"The last one what was it?" I asked.

"Mine?" she asked.

"Yes! Thanks love." I said scribbling down in my song book.

"What are you even writing?" she asked standing up and walking towards me. I hid my song book so she wouldn't see.

"You writing a love letter pretty boy?" she looked at me.

"No I'm not and you think I'm pretty?" I said smirking.

"What! No!" she said defensively as she walked closer. "Give me that." She tried to get the book but I quickly got up from the stool and moved around the counter.

She did the same thing and we were running around the counter.

"Sorry love, you can't get it." I said smiling.

"Why not, I just want to see what you were writing." She said.

"Ever heard of privacy?" I asked still moving around the counter to make sure she isn't close enough to grab it.

"Ughhh, c'mon I'm a curious person." She whined.

"You do know curiosity killed the cat love right?" I was now standing because she seemed too tired to keep moving around the counter.

"Ugh! Fine I give up." she said.

"Good girl." I said and she rolled her eyes.

I walked up to her. We were still at the counter.

"This is my song book, by the way. Very important information in here. Can't just let anyone have it." I told her.

"Ohh, so write your own songs?" she said moving closer to me a bit too close. I was staring at her confused until I realized what she was doing. The next thing I knew she had my song book in her hands.

"Hey give that back!" I told her as she tried to tip toe to make sure I don't get it. She wasn't that tall, but if I moved any closer I will be too much in her personal space and I'm actually a respectful person.

I kept on trying to get the book. We were both focused on the book that I didn't realize how close we were. I could literally see every feature on her face, she had these beautiful green eyes that anyone could get lost in and her hair was so silky. I saw that she noticed I was staring but she didn't do anything. She just looked at me. We stayed there for not more than thirty seconds.

"Umm hey guys." Summer walked in and looked so confused. I mean I get why. Kelly and I were literally glued together.

"Sunshine! You're home. Don't mind us, just a friendly game of cat and mouse." I said and I took this opportunity to snatch the book from Kelly.

"You fucking bitch! I'll get that book one way or another." Kelly said and I walked away to my room.

Summer's POV

"What was that all about?" I asked Kelly confused. I had just come back from work and I was shocked to see Kelly inside with Nate and it looked like they were getting too comfy. I may have to give Nate another talk.

"Oh that, nothing, just Nate being an ass. I'm sure you're used." She looked at me.

"That I am." I said sitting on the couch. "So, what brings you to my humble abode?" I asked her smiling.

"Well, I was here for Josh, but I forgot he had a date and I didn't really want to go back home, so Nate told me I could chill here." She said.

"Oh." I looked at her. "What's goin' on at home?" I asked her sympathetically.

"It's my dad." She said.

"Is he getting worse?" I asked worriedly.

"That's the thing. I don't know. He doesn't want to talk to me about the cancer. He just wants us to bond over other things. And I'm not complaining but I really want him to do the chemo and he just won't listen to me. I'm not ready to lose my dad Summer." She looked at me with tears in her eyes.

"Oh Kells!" I looked at her. "Come here." I pulled her in for a hug.

"It's just he's the only real parent I have. My mum hasn't really been a mum. I mean the only reason she's still here is because of the money." She said.

"That's a lot. I'm sorry you have to go through that." I told her.

"Thanks Summer." She smiled.

"And for your dad, maybe just give him time to talk about it. I think it just hurts to talk about it. In the mean time just be there for him so that you don't regret it later." I told her.

"Maybe you're right." She said.

"I hope I am....and I'll try to help in any way I can." I told her.

"I know that. Thank you and I hope you know the same goes for you. Whatever you need I'm here." She said. I know she was referring to my panic attack.

"You talking about the other day?" I asked her.

"Yes, but I don't want you to say anything if you don't want to." She said.

"It's okay Kells." I told her. I took a deep breath. "A lot happened to me in New York. It's part of the reason I moved all the way here. Umm I thought I had dealt with all my problems from my past but turns out I'm still dealing. That's why I had that panic attack. I'm okay now but I don't think it will be the last time. But I'm working through it and it's going well." I told her.

"I'm glad to hear that you're doing okay and appreciate you telling me. Know that I'm here for you always." She touched my shoulder.

"Thank you. That means a lot." I smiled.

"No problem." She said. "Shit!" she got up.

"Whatsup?" I asked.

"Oh nothing really. Just my mum blowing up my phone. I should probably head back and deal with it. Can't keep hiding." She said.

"Well you know you're welcome here anytime. Even when things get too loud at home and you need a place to quiet down." I told her.

"Thanks Summer, I love you." She said.

"Love you too babe." I hugged her and she picked her keys and bag/

"Leaving so soon?" Nate walked in.

"Nate, don't start." I told him sternly.

"Bye Summ!" Kelly said walking away.

"Bye." I said.

"See you later Kells!" Nate stared at her.

She rolled her eyes and walked out the door. Nate smirked still watching her until she left the door.

"What the fuck was that?" I asked him.

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"You know what I'm talking about. You flirting with Kelly." I told him.

"I flirt with everyone Summ......you know that." He said.

"Yes I do, but not with people you're actually friends with and if you do you regulate." I told him.

"Okay and that is what I'm doing......regulating." she smiled.

"I'm serious Nate. Kelly is in a really tough place right now. So please don't add onto her problems." I told him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked.

"You, me and probably half of the New York girls know you are not a relationship kinda guy." I told him. It looked like he wanted to say something but he didn't.

"Okay. I'll cool down on Kelly. Happy?" he asked.

"Very. Thank you." I smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 889 52
Apollo Quinn wants nothing to do with Nicolas Young. While 5 years ago, the two had been best friends, nowadays they live across the country from one...
592 54 31
He's stuck. She's grounded. Both wanted freedom. Hence the summer great escape. Jasmine has lived like a princess, not only at their house, but also...
12 1 20
There was a story about two hearts who fell in love but didn't have a chance to be together but their feelings still strong as before. A story that h...
476 63 10
🏆 Ranked #1 for Fireworks award 2019 Moving from New York to Japan was a feat too big for Serena Knight to overcome, but with great plans for the fu...