Too Late To Say Goodbye | Tom...

By helpingthemind

~1923~ In which Tommy's life seems to be falling into place. Business is expanding, the family is thriving... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
95.
96.
97.
98.
99.
100.
101.
102.
104.
105.
Author's Note

103.

3.6K 122 6
By helpingthemind

"Now there's littlest Shelby member!"
Arthur's voice echoed in the office.

Bella smiled and shook her head. He was lucky Flora was awake otherwise she'd have his head, he couldn't be quiet if his life depended on it.

"Hello Arthur" she said handing her over to him. Flora has taken a great liking to her Uncle Arthur, whenever she sees him her little arms stretch out and she happily kicks her legs until he holds her.

He smiled and lifted her high in the air, making her giggle before holding her properly.

"Hi Daddy!" Charlie moved around Bella to go over to Tommy who was standing in front of his desk.

Tommy rubbed the boys head as he got closer. "Hello Charlie, no four legged friend following you around today?"

Charlie pouted and crossed his arms, "Mummy said Baby had to stay at home while we came here."

Tommy smirked over at Bella, who made a face as if she was offended.
"Did she say that now?"

"She did!"

"Well I'll have you know Charlie, I only said that because your Father would have me head if I let a dog into his office."
Bella cut in as she made her way to them. Stopping by Tommy's side and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Oi! Look at this, she's ready to a Peaky Blinder already!" Arthur announced getting the families attention.
The three looked over to find that Arthur had put his hat on Flora, holding the brim so she wouldn't touch the razors. While Flora had a goofy smile on her face, having no idea what's going on.

"Not if I have anything to do with it." Tommy said taking her into his arms.

"Come to vote love?" Arthur asked Bella

She nodded "I did. And I brought along the children because I thought Tommy here could use a bit of a distraction."

Today was Election Day. Tommy worked hard the last two months, gaining attention from the working class, learning the ways of politics and with Bella's help working closely with Jesse Eden.

It all lead up to today, now it's up to the people.

Arthur threw his arm around her shoulders. "He's Tommy fuckin' Shelby! The man of the people, we don't need to worry!"

Bella slapped his chest and raised her eyebrows at him, silently scolding him for cussing in front of the children.

A knock on the door got their attention before Bella had actually scolded him.

"Heard a rumor that there's a baby in here..." Lizzie spoke with a smile as she peaked her head through the door.

"Come in Lizzie." Tommy welcomed her, and happily handed the baby to her once her came over with a smile.
Lizzie absolutely adored Flora! Whenever she gets to see the baby it makes her want one of her own...

Bella loved watching how everyone loved to get Flora's attention and her loving it as well.
She then looked over to check on Charlie to find him carefully playing with the horse statues on Tommy's desk.

With the baby in her arms she went over to Bella, giving her a one armed hug.
"It's good to see you doll."

"You too Liz."

Lizzie smirked, sneaking a glance at Tommy. "Did you pick up the dress yet?" She whispered causing Bella to laugh because it wasn't very quiet and both men had heard.

"No, Polly and I are going to pick it up today."

It was now Tommy's turn to smirk, raising his eyebrows and looking between the women.

It was finally time for them to get married. Tommy and Bella have been waiting for this day to come for so long and it was finally the week of. The planned to have it a few days after the results of the election, with hopefully some good news.
Bella didn't want anything too big and wanted to hold the ceremony at the arrow house, where all their friends and family can be comfortable in their home.

"No, no!" Lizzie waved her finger at him. "Don't even ask. You will not see the dress until she is walking down the aisle in it."

He pushed himself off the desk as he was leaning on it. Making his way over to Bella, kissing her as he placed his hand on her waist.
"And I'll be counting the seconds until that moment."

Bella giggled placing her hand in the crook of his neck.
Lizzie smiled at the couple, it was nice to see them happy together. She remembers the first day she met Bella. How she instantly liked her and knew that her and Tommy were hiding something. Even back then they were hiding their feelings from each other.
They've come a long way since that day.

"You'll bring the children home?" Bella asked him

He hummed as if he wasn't fully paying attention to what she asked as he looked down at her.
How could he when he thought about about Bella walking towards him in an elegant dress?

"...yeah, I'll finish up here and meet you at home." He whispered and decided he's done enough work today and rather spent the day at home with them. Besides not much else he can do until they know the results of the election.

"Okay, love you." She smiled and gave him another quick kiss.

"Love you too." He whispered back before she had the chance to pull away.
Normally he would never show such affection in front of others. But when he was this content in life it was hard not to, especially towards Bella.

"Ready brother?" Bella eventually turned back around to Arthur who was waiting by the door for her to go to the voting hall together.

"Ready love." He nodded and held the door open for her, then followed her out, making their way to the busy street.

*****

Bella will never get used to the way people move out of her way on the streets of Birmingham.
She stuck close to Polly's side as they got out of the car in front of the small boutique.

They had just left the voting hall and Bella couldn't believe the turn out!
Now that women were allowed to vote, both men and women greeted her, knowing who she was, expressing their hopes for Tommy to win. She tried her best to be friendly and be as impressionable as possible.
It was reassuring and hopefully for their cause.

The bell above the door rang as they entered and was greeted by an older women at the counter.

"Picking up for Shelby." Polly stated

"Please." Bella quickly added after, only to receive a glaring smirk from Polly.

The women nodded at her with a smile, "would you like to try it on?"

Polly eyed Bella then looked at the woman "pleaseee."

Bella laughed slightly and waved her forward as the two followed the woman to the back room.

"Here it is. We'll have you try it on and we can make any adjustments, if needed." The woman told her and proceeded to help Bella put it on.

Polly placed her hand over her mouth as tears welled up in her eyes at seeing it on.
It was a very modern white wedding dress, and fit her perfectly.

"Oh Bella...it's beautiful..." she gushed

*****

A few days later it was finally time to find out the winner of the election.

The whole family was there and dressed to the nines, in their best attire.

Bella slowly paced anxiously as she gently rocked the baby at the bottom of the grand stairs. She could barely hear what was going on in the room, she wishes she could be in there, knowing how anxious Tommy is right now, but she stayed back here so the baby wouldn't cause any disruption.

A worker had offered to watch over Flora for her so she be in the room with the family. But Bella's mind instantly went years back to when Charlie was taken and couldn't bare the thought of leaving Flora with a stranger.

So she stood bouncing Flora on her hip, trying to distract her with the colorful glass windows. Two peaky men stood at the top of the stairs, in front of the doors. Ordered by Tommy to stay out and watch over them. Even without a threat, he couldn't be too careful.

Bella slowed down her movements when she heard the announcement of the votes. Her heart racing as he went through the list of candidates,

"...Thomas Shelby, Labor Party with 48,564 votes."

Her heart stopped.
He did it...he bloody did it! She thought as she smiled and bounced Flora.
He have gotten the most votes.

A couple minutes later the doors at the top of the stairs finally opened, revealing the family with Tommy in the lead.

His eyes moved around until they finally landed on them, he gave her a closed lipped smile as he made his way down to them.

Bella smiled brightly up at him, while waving Flora's little hand towards him.
Once he was close enough, he took Flora into his arms lifting her above his head as she giggled and he fully smiled.

Bella held onto his suit jacket and pulled him into a kiss.
"You did it, you brilliant man."

"Wouldn't be here without you, peach." He told her

Bella then Peaked over his shoulder spotting Jesse. She smiled and greeted her with a hug.
"Thank you." She told her

Jesse smiled "no, thank you Bella. None of this would be possible without you."

Bella rubbed her arm in appreciation, before the rest of the family continued to pull her in different directions in celebration.

Then finally she went to back to Tommy. He still held Flora close in his arms, while Bella reached down to hold Charlie's hand as they made their way out of the hall ready to start this new adventure.

***Authors Note***
Makes me so sad that we're so close to the end:(
Maybe only 3 or 4 chapters left
Lmk what you think and what you want to see in this story before it ends!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.7K 566 41
A young girls life changes in the matter of months when she meets the peaky blinder... For the better or worst???
241K 4.6K 26
She's always been there in the background for Tommy Shelby; Forever loyal to the man she loves but with new complications with the police and new ene...
79.4K 2.1K 22
Before the war, when Tommy and the Shelby family were simple bookmakers that just dabbled in criminality, John was not the only one who married early...
61.5K 3.1K 33
𝙑𝙞𝙘𝙚: 𝙞𝙢𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙖𝙡 𝙤𝙧 𝙬𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙤𝙧 𝙖 𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙗𝙚𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙤𝙧 𝙝𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙩. 𝙑𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙚: 𝙗𝙚𝙝...