The Coldblooded (TVD Story)

By staygoldforever

"For over a thousand years I have lived in secret. I have seen many places, done many things both good and ba... More

Author's Note and Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Author's Note [2]
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Author's Note [3]
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Epilogue
Author's Note [4]

Chapter Thirty-Three

6.3K 141 7
By staygoldforever

A/N: HAPPY TVD THURSDAY!

---

When Rose opened up her eyes, I already had her chained up in a chair in the middle of Klaus’ living room.

“Wh-what the hell is this?” she rattles the chains but they hold fast.

“Don’t bother, you’ve been injected with vervain so you’re weak,” I inform her. “Nice chains, eh? I found them in the basement; I wonder who they were previously used on. Let me show you what it does.”

I had been holding onto a chain that was connected to the collar on Rose’s neck and attached to the collar were wooden spikes. Now, I tug hard on the chain and the wooden spikes dug into Rose’s skin, making her scream in pain.

“P-please,” she pants.

I only smile back at her. “There is no way in hell you’re getting out alive this time.”

“Alayne, please-”

“DON’T YOU DARE USE MY NAME YOU INSIGNIFICANT WHORE,” I roar and watch, satisfied as Rose cowers backwards.

“Insignificant whore? What did she do to deserve that name?” Klaus says, casually strolling by.

I ignore him and tighten my hold on the chains, pulling hard which makes Rose whimper.

“Love, why don’t you just kill her and end this quickly? I need you for other things,” says Klaus.

I smile sarcastically at him. “Klaus, I’m not your bitch. Get Stefan or one of your hybrids to do whatever you want.”

“Alayne,” Klaus starts to speak but I tune him out.

I had suddenly been hit with an idea.

“Klaus!” I half shout. “Bite her.”

“What?”

“You heard me. You want to end this quickly-ish?” He nods. “Good, then bite her.”

Klaus shakes his head but walks over to Rose who is still whimpering in pain. He reaches out and grabs her wrist. I observe as Rose pitifully tries to fight back. Klaus tugs hard and her arm snaps, hanging limply. His fangs extend and he sinks them into her wrist and just as quickly, he’s out. He turns and smiles at me.

“There.”

“Okay now if any of her friends come, don’t give them blood to heal her,” I say. “I want to her experience the full pain of a werewolf bite.”

Klaus nods. “I guess you are my sister after all.”

I give Rose one final glare before I follow Klaus into the next room.

“Come on a road trip with me,” he states.

I stare at him.

“Road tripping, we should go see the countryside and the woods.”

Realization dawns on me as I realize what Klaus was hinting at.

“You’re on the hunt for some werewolves,” I say.

He smiles, showing his dimples. “You know me so well.”

“Let’s go.” I can not help but smile as well.

***

Sitting in the passenger seat of my own Lamborghini, I glance over at Klaus who is sitting in the driver’s seat looking all cool with his aviators. I put on my own shades and glance out the window, seeing only trees and rocks.

“Are we there yet?” I ask impatiently.

“Relax, we’re almost there,” he says easily.

We had been driving for almost half a day at Klaus’ speed of 80 mph.

“Why do the werewolves live so far north anyways?” I ask.

“How am I supposed to know?” Klaus replies with a question.

I sigh. “Well seeing as you are part-wolf…”

“Love, I’ve only been a hybrid for a very short period of time. I don’t know exactly where they live!”

“You’re an awful hybrid.”

“Shut up,” he growls.

We continue driving in silence but very soon, I become bored so I turn on the radio. Some song from the 50’s started blaring and I felt a smile break out on my face. I begin to nod my head to the beat of the music and glance over and notice Klaus is doing the exact same motions. I stop immediately and sit extremely still.

“What’s wrong, love? I thought you loved this song?” he inquires.

I shake my head. “I do, but I was not aware that you did too.”

Klaus chuckles and starts singing out loud as well and I glare out the window as I try to ignore him.

***

After another couple of hours, we finally pull up to the side of the road. There was nothing but trees around. Klaus gets out and comes to my side of the door, opening it like a perfect gentleman, which I didn’t he was.

“We have to go on foot from here,” he informs me.

I glare at him. It was a good thing I can the sense to dress comfortably in jeans, an oversized sweater and converse sneakers.

We walk into the forest and I take the opportunity to question Klaus.

“So are you planning to turn all the wolves into hybrids like you?”

“Yes.”

“And you’re doing this with Elena’s blood that she donated.”

“Yes and no.”

“No?”

“Elena didn’t exactly voluntarily donate the blood.” I can hear the smile in his voice.

I nod in understanding. “Of course. No one ever does anything voluntarily for you. Except me, this is why you should love me best.”

Klaus glares at me. “What is that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing.”

“Sometimes you frustrate me,” he sighs, shaking his head.

“Are we almost there?”

“No.”

“Klaus,” I whine. “I’m bored.”

“Do you prefer being left in the coffins along with the rest of our brothers?”

I frown. “No-”

“Then deal with it.”

I scowl at him but he doesn’t seem to take notice. Instead, he is focusing on something in front of us. Immediately, I am alert.

“What is it?” I whisper.

“Shush.”

“Niklaus!”

“I said shush!” he glowers at me.

I roll my eyes and try to focus on my surroundings. It is then that I notice the forest is unusually quiet. I quickly turn to my right as I sense movement there but my eyes don’t register on anyone.

“Klaus,” I say in a warning tone. “We’re not alone out here.”

“Obviously not.” He is still annoyed with me for being slightly loud.

“Klaus-”

At that moment, a man brandishing a large knife jumps out of a tree, his target is Klaus. Without hesitation, my palm stretches forward and I feel a pulse of energy being released from it. The man flies backwards, dropping his knife but more people are coming out of the trees and bushes.

“Alayne!” yells Klaus.

Fortunately for him, I know what to do. I concentrate with all my might and release a powerful shockwave from within me, knocking over everyone within a twenty meter radius including Klaus. Klaus stands up immediately but it takes the wolves a bit longer to gather themselves. They stand close together in a pack and stare at Klaus and I.

“Who is the leader of the pack?” I ask loudly.

There is a low murmuring among the werewolves but no one speaks. My lips curl upwards, exposing my fangs and I smile wickedly at the pack.

“I said,” I repeat. “Who is the leader of the pack?”

More murmuring. Finally, a male with dark hair steps forward.

“I am,” he says in a low voice.

I glance back at my brother who has regained his dignity and motion for him to do what he needed to.

Klaus moves swiftly and in one stride and with a twist of his arm, he has the werewolf leader in a tight headlock. Before anyone can move, Klaus bites down on his own wrist, making the blood flow freely and he jams his wrist into the werewolf’s mouth, forcing him to swallow the blood. When he thinks he has had enough, Klaus steps backwards a little and with a twist of his arm, he snaps the leader’s neck.

The entire pack surges forward but I hold up my arm, keeping them at bay. I smile nastily at them.

“Relax, you’ll all get a turn,” I say.

Klaus moves quickly, grabbing the next werewolf that was closest to him and I help my keeping the attackers off him. A few wolves try to run and I temporarily allow them to since it was all in the fun. Did I mention that none of my prey ever got away from me?

“Alayne.” Klaus finishes snapping the neck of the last hybrid. “Could you be a dear and do me a favour and track down the runaways?”

I smile. “With pleasure.”

I run quickly through the forest, my senses all on high alert. Night had fallen and I was so pumped up. I guess all my energy had been contained while I was in Klaus’ box.

I run at a vampire’s pace and easily catch up with some girls that were trying to get away. They looked young, probably in the early twenties or something. Oh well, sucks to be them.

Muttering a spell under my breath, I channel some energy and force the werewolves to stop by conjuring up an invisible barrier. They whip around quickly and bare their teeth at me. I wave and smile back at them.

“Bitch,” snarls one of the three girls.

My smile drops off my face. You don’t call me a bitch unless you know me personally.

“I dare you to say that again,” I say in a deadly quiet voice.

“Alright,” smirks the wolf girl. “Bitch. I’ll spell it out for you, B-I-T-”

She does not get to finish, I flick my wrist and her entire body freezes up.

“Right now, your body is completely paralyzed and only your eyes can move,” I say, still in the same quiet voice. “However, that doesn’t mean you still can’t feel pain.”

I move forward quickly, shove past the other two wolf girls that come at me and plunge my hand into the bitch’s chest, yanking out her heart. It is still bleeding when I pull it out but stops abruptly. I turn around and stare coldly at the other two, flashing them a brilliant smile.

“W-who are you?” one of them whimpers. They are both so dumbfounded that they did not even try to run.

“Alayne Mikaelson,” I smile, holding out my hand that still held their friend’s bloody heart. I let it roll off my palm and thump to the ground. “My brother isn’t killing you. He’s doing you a favour. Do you really like being werewolves?”

They share a look. The taller girl has dark hair and she looks slightly defiant while the small girl with the golden blonde hair looks timid.

The dark haired girl glares vehemently at me. “What’s it to you?”

My lips curl before I speak. “I don’t tolerate rudeness.”

Then I flick my wrist and snap her neck. Her friend squeals in surprise and I turn on her.

“I’m not going to hurt you if you don’t provoke me,” I say. “But I would like you to answer my question.”

Her eyes dart back and forth from my face to the ground before she answers hesitantly.

“No.”

“Would you prefer it if you did not have to turn every single month?” I press.

“That would be so much better,” she confesses.

I smile. “I can make that happen.”

She perks up. “How?!”

“Calm down,” I say. “My brother can help you. But you need to help me track down the rest of your friends that ran off first. We can help them all.”

She nods. “I’ll call them all back here.”

She pulls out her phone and makes a quick phone call to her buddies and soon enough, four more of them arrive in our location. They all growl viciously when they see me.

I roll my eyes. “Take a chill pill; I’m not going to kill you unless you cross me. Just ask Chrissie over here.”

The small, blonde girl raises her hand. “My name isn’t Chrissie, it’s Danica.”

“Danica,” I say. “I’ve explained to her what my brother and I are here to do so I’ll leave it in her hands to explain it to you guys.” I glance at Danica. “I’ll meet you back where you guys tried to attack us. Don’t try to run, we’ll find out.”

Then I’m running through the forest again, back to Klaus. He is leaning against a tree as I approach him.

“Well?” His eyes are dark and clouded.

“I gave them a choice, either they come willingly or we’ll track them down and turn them into hybrids forcefully,” I state.

“Alayne, I do not have the patience to wait for them right now,” growls Klaus.

I glare at him. “Well you better suck it up and deal with it. They’ll come. Have these ones here awaken yet?”

“No but I went back to the car and brought some blood bags filled with Elena’s blood,” he explains. “You took an awfully long time. I was going to make you go get the blood bags for me.”

“Klaus, I told you once already and I’ll tell you one more time. I’m not one of your bitches.”

We sit around and wait a couple of minutes but soon, I hear the crunch of footsteps on dried leaves and I see a blonde head walk into the woods. It was Danica and she was alone.

“The others ran away,” she said. “They took off.”

I curse loudly and stood up.

“But you came here,” Klaus says. “You could have run with them but you came to us instead. Why?”

“I was intrigued,” she admits. “I don’t like being a werewolf and the gene was only triggered because Monique thought it would be funny to get me to play a prank on some innocent boy. Monique was the one that called you a bitch, Alayne.”

I spit angrily and glance at Klaus.

“Should we go after the others?” I ask.

Klaus smiles briefly. “I’ll leave the hunt for you since I bet your itching to get a little violent. I’ll take care of business with Danica here and then we’ll leave. Meet me back here in an hour Aly.”

I smile at them both before I take off. Running through the crisp, cool air at night felt absolutely amazing and free. The forest turns into a green blur and it is simply exhilarating. I run so far that I reach a dirt road where I finally slow down and glance around. There are scattered footprints in the dirt which gives me an indication that people have been here. I close my eyes and listen carefully to the sound.

All the immediate sounds disappear and I focus intently for voices and finally, my ears pick up on them.

“Where are we going to go?”

“Shut up, they can hear us.”

“Maybe we should have followed Danica?”

“I said shut up! Do not speak of that little bitch. She’s a traitor to us. Those vampires don’t want anything good with us.”

“How do you know?”

“They killed our leader.”

“He fed them blood first though, are you sure?”

Those fools were talking so much, it gave away their location. I run quietly towards the sound of the voices and I see an old cabin where the remaining werewolves have gathered. Devising a hasty plan, I decide to just storm into the place and plunge my still bloody hand into the nearest werewolf’s chest. I’m already moving on to the next one before the last two regain their composure.

I dispose of the second werewolf while the other two charge at me. Moving swiftly, I dance around them and then plunge my hands into each of their chests. They look to be in utter shock as they stare at me, wide eyed.

“You should’ve followed Danica and made the wiser decision. At least she’s still alive,” I fake sympathy.

Then I twist my arms, twisting their hearts before I yank them both out. I use my magic to set the bodies on fire and I lounge around as I watch them burn. Soon, smoke fills the air, creating a certain haze that covers up the previously clear night sky.

As soon as the bodies are reduced to ashes, I relinquish the fire and head back to Klaus. When I arrive, he is surrounded by all his newly created hybrids, including Danica.

“I see you’ve been busy while I’ve been gone,” I comment.

“The hybrid transformations are all complete,” Klaus states proudly.

I glance over at Danica. “How do you feel?”

She smiles, showing her teeth. “This is the best I’ve felt in a very long time.”

I turn back to Klaus. “Now what?”

“Now we teach the hybrids how to be vampires,” he says.

He starts leading them in one direction and they all follow him like perfectly trained dogs. I could see why Klaus loved his hybrids so much.

“Klaus, where are you going?” I ask.

“There’s a small town about a couple miles away from here. We’re going there to hunt.”

“On foot?”

Klaus glances over at Danica who speaks. “We have several cars hidden in the garage of our cabin. We can take those.”

Klaus gives his approval. “Shall we go back to the car?” he asks me.

I nod my head and run back in the direction of the car. When I arrive, Klaus has somehow beaten me there, even though I had a head start.

“How?” I demand.

“Hybrid,” he replies.

“Damn half-breeds,” I mutter.

We drive quickly to the closest town. Apparently, not only did Klaus manage to beat me back to the car, but he also gave directions to Danica who led the rest of the hybrids there as well.

Klaus taught the hybrids how to hunt and compel humans and gave them his version of the guide to being a hybrid 101. Soon, they were all fed and we all regrouped at the small local bar.

“So how do you like the hybrids?” Klaus smirks at me.

I wrinkle my nose in distaste. “I don’t particularly fancy them. They’re just your tools.”

Klaus laughs out loud. “You don’t know how to appreciate them. They literally will do anything and everything I tell them to.”

“I could compel a vampire to do that,” I point out. “I have Arie.”

Klaus smirks. “Oh I forgot about your little romance with young Aryan. Does he enjoy being your little slave?”

“He’s not a complete slave, he does have some freedom, you know,” I say.

“Sure.”

“Klaus, I’m not you,” I say. “I respect other people’s decision to disagree with me. However, they do usually end up dead and oh, I guess we are alike.”

Klaus chuckles. “On the contrary, I’d actually like to think that we’re quite different. For one, you’re much kinder, even if you won’t admit it.”

“Meh,” I grumble.

Suddenly, Klaus’ phone rings. He glances at it in annoyance before answering. I lean closer to listen in.

“I was right. The location I told you about is literally a place for breeding werewolves.”

“Your father is dead.”

“What did you say to me?”

“Oh, my mistake, he’s not your actual father. I meant Mikael. He’s been daggered.” The voice definitely belongs to the annoying Salvatore brother named Stefan. “What do you want me to do with the body?”

“Well first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened,” Klaus says in a dangerous voice. He glances over at me, making sure that I’m listening. I sense a gossip session would take place with Klaus after the phone call ended.

“Well he chased Elena into the library of the boarding house and then Damon and I vervained him. We discovered he was in possession of a dagger he was planning to use of Rebekah but we used it on him instead.”

“I want to see him,” Klaus spits angrily. “I want to see his rotting body for myself!”

“Well he’s here,” replies Stefan on the other end. “Come by whenever.”

“If you’re lying to me, Stefan, your compulsion will expose you and you will answer with your life,” threatens my brother. “Is what you’re saying the truth?”

“It’s true, I saw it with my own eyes.”

“I want to talk with Rebekah.”

There was some shuffling on the other end of the line and then I heard Rebekah’s unmistakable voice.

“Hello Nik.”

“Rebekah, love, what is this that I hear of Mikael’s tragic run-in with the dagger?” Klaus immediately questions.

There is a slight pause before Rebekah speaks.

“It’s true. He’s finally out of our lives for good. I miss you. I’m miserable here.”

“I’ll be home soon,” Klaus promises, relief evident on his face.

“I’ll see you soon, brother.”

He hangs up and glances at me.

“Mikael is dead.”

“And I don’t believe it,” I fire back. “I have every reason to believe that was a lie.”

“Rebekah confirmed it,” says Klaus.

“I know,” I say, slightly frustrated. “But I still have such a bad feeling about this. Klaus, don’t go back.”

Klaus just laughs it off. “If Mikael is truly dead, I would like to witness his rotting body myself.”

“And if he’s not?” I say quietly.

“He is,” says Klaus.

“You just want to believe that so you can stop running.”

Klaus turns his glare on me. “What if I do? I’m sick of running. We’re going back to Mystic Falls now. Danica!” he barks. “Round everyone up, we’re going to Mystic Falls.”

He gives her the directions and comes back over to me.

“Let’s go.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 693 62
March 1912 - a baby is abandoned at the doors of Downton Abbey. Servant Thomas Barrow agrees to claim paternity for the foundling. The story mainly r...
88.3K 500 3
IDK how is it but it's my first time writing a story.....
13.2K 483 22
Calliope Fray is thrown into a world her mother hid from her and her sister, and how she deals with her sister's naivety with their new world.
11K 339 9
Sixteen year old Kendra Tennyson, moves from her home town too Kouh along with her cousin Gwen and her grandfather Max. One night on her way home, sh...