THE PATH OF LIFE || U. SASUKE

By Rellashire

Shirazaki Y/N, childhood best friend of Uchiha Sasuke, has a complex and conflicted journey ahead. United by... More

CHARACTER INFORMATION + DISCLAIMER
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44 - I
CHAPTER 44 -II
CHAPTER 45
[PART 2]

CHAPTER 23

1.2K 40 8
By Rellashire

THIRD PERSON POV

Naruto scanned the area briskly with one hand propped at his waist, his baby blue eyes looking around.

"It looks like a pretty creepy place" Sakura exclaimed, worry laced in her tone.

"Heheh" Anko laughed through the drowsy wind "You are about to find out firsthand why they call this the 'Forest of Death'!"

"YoU aRe aBoUt tO FiNd oUt fIrSt HaNd wHy ThEy cAlL tHiS tHe fOrEsT oF dEaTh" Naruto mocked the proctor, his face caricaturing funny gestures.

Y/N and Sasuke sweat dropped at his antics, Y/N couldn't help but find it amusing, the corner of her lips tugging upwards.

"Like that's gonna scare us. You're trying to pysch us out, and I'm not gonna fall for it!!" The blond pointed his fingers accusing the proctor.

"Oh really!? You're pretty cocky, huh?" Anko smiled in a dangerous way.

Before Y/N could blink, Anko had moved from her position and had reappeared behind Naruto, a kunai pressed against his cheek.

"Heh, your kind are always the first to go"

Y/N saw that Naruto's cheek was slashed, blood oozing from it as Anko licked it "Spilling all that rich red lovely luscious blood...."

Eww

Y/N glanced away, biting her lips her gaze wandering to where the kunai vanished.

To Y/N's surprise, Anko who sensed an incoming attack, her left hand adhering her kunai which blocked the same of the perpetrator.

Y/N stared at the scene and perceived it was the women who perched beside her during the preliminary exam 'Such Speed'

"I believe you dropped it" The women's long protruded tongue encircled around Anko's kunai, offering it "Your kunai knife"

"Gee thanks" Anko uttered, narrowing her gaze at that women, slashing, cutting some strands of her hair.

"Don't just stand behind me radiating blood lust, unless you are in a hurry to die" Anko smiled, two kunai's in her hand and one still holding onto Naruto who stood there stupidly.

"I'll try to keep it under control, but the sight of warm, fresh blood really makes me crazy and I was already revved up from losing a strand of my precious hair" The women pulled her tongue in, smiling creepily.

"... N-Naruto" Hinata mumbled in worry, fidgeting with her fingers.

'Who is that woman?' Y/N scrutinized, her velvety hair covering her amethyst eyes.

'We've got a real nut case proctoring this exam. Not good, not good at all ' Sakura anxiously gaped at the scene. 'And this other person'

"Sorry about that" Anko smirked, her hands unfolding from the blond.

'What's up with big, freakish tongue' Naruto thought, trying to mimic the action, poking his tongue.

"Looks like we have a hot blooded team on our hands this time out!" Anko grinned "Heh should be fun"

'You are the most blood thirsty' Naruto scrubbed his scratched cheek making it worse.

"Before we begin the exam, there is something I have to hand out" Anko announced, taking out a bunch of papers.

Y/N saw questioning gazes from the fellow genins

"They are consent forms, everybody has to sign" Anko calmly explained, her voice wearisome.

"Why?" Naruto asked in confusion, his left hand still on his cheek.

"We want all the details covered before the first death occurs. Sign before you can go in, so we can't be held liable. You wouldn't want me to get in trouble, would you?" Anko laughed, blush coating on her cheeks in excitement.

Everyone deadpanned.

"First, I'll explain what the second exam entails. Then you can sign these forms" She made a gesture "And then each team will check in at the booth behind me" 

Y/N peered her gaze behind the proctor to see a small hut with three jonin shinobi's seated.

"Got that? Now about your exam. To put it simply, you will attempt the ultimate survival"

'Survival eh? Another pain in the neck exam' Shikamaru thought standing beside Y/N.

"Let's start with the topography of the training ground. I'll explain the rest later."

"Training ground #44 is bordered by a circular perimeter, interrupted at regular intervals by 44 locked gates. There are forests, rivers and in the center is a tower about ten kilometers from those gates. Within the confines of this carefully delineated area, you're going to undergo survival test. During the course of this test, you may use any ninja arts or weapons you have at your disposal"

Sasuke frowned, a piece of information missing.

Anko held up a scroll in front of her face "It's a kind of fight to death version of 'capture the flag' or in this case 'capture the scroll'"

"Scroll?" A genin probed.

"Exactly!" Anko replied "There's a scroll of heaven and a scroll of earth and your objective is to acquire both the scrolls"

"There are 79 of you here, that's 26 teams" The proctor explained "13 teams will start out with a heaven's scroll and the other 13 will start with an earth scroll. But you'll need both scrolls to pass"

"So your objective is to hold onto your scroll, get your hands on one of the other kind and then bring them both to the tower at the center"

"In other words, at least half of us, the 13 teams whose scrolls are stolen will fail" Sakura nervously stated, her agitated face looking between Y/N and Sasuke who stood there indifferent.

"You bet! You have 120 hours. Exactly 5 days" Anko said in a laid back manner.

"Five days" Ino exclaimed lightly.

"What are we supposed to do for food?" Choji yelled worriedly as Shikamaru held his collar to stop him from face planting the ground.

"That's your problem. The forest's are full of nature's bounty. Of course there are also full of man eating animals, deadly insects and poisonous plants. There's no way as many as 13 teams will pass this. as the time shortens, the trials will come harder and faster, with less recovery time for mistakes, accidents or injuries. You'll be surrounded by enemies at all times, so you'll have to sleep with one eye open. So in addition to those who die in attempts to defend or capture a scroll, some of you are bound to succumb to exhaustion, exposure, starvation and dehydration"

Naruto and Sakura gulped, pausing their breaths.

"Now let's talk about the rules and what offenses you can be disqualified for"

'She is not finished'  Y/N frowned, wondering when she will end her speech.

"Obviously, First, the teams that fail to reach the tower in time. Second, those who lose a teammate or those who have a teammate killed And under no circumstances can you leave the forest before the time is up. No recess. No time outs" 

Anko directed her gaze fiercely "And one more rule, you are forbidden to look at the contents of the scrolls until you're inside the tower"

At this Y/N glanced at Naruto already preconceiving his behavior.  

"What happens if we take a peek?" Naruto questioned, squinting his eyes.

"That's for those who look to know" Anko smirked straightening her back

"Don't look at me like that, Y/N chan" Naruto whined knowing what Y/N's suspicious glance was

"If any of you make it to the chunin level, there will be times when you'll be entrusted with top secret documents, so consider this a test of your trustworthiness. That's all the explanation you all get. We'll trade one scroll for every team forms. When you've got yours, choose the gate you want to start from. Everyone will begin at the same time" Anko explained, her hands in the pocket

"One final piece of advice" Anko opened her mouth "Stay alive!"

Everybody chattered among themselves and some stood in silence, contemplating their next decision

"It's almost time to distribute the scrolls" A jonin called out from the small hut like structure.

'Smart to keep us in the dark' Sasuke observed 'They're concealing which type of scroll each team gets and which member is carrying it. It's just like that guy Ibiki said stealing intelligence is a matter of death. Everyone is an enemy'

'Here everybody are equally determined. So if all are willing to fight to death, this could become a massacre' Y/N concluded, seeing different genins entering the hut 'It is finally started to sink in why we want those consent form'

Sasuke looked over Y/N to see her being approached by two sound nin whom they previously met.

"Hey Y/N san" Saija cheerfully greeted while Y/N gazed at them in confusion.

Saija was a tall girl, her height would reach just a little below Kakashi's shoulder.

"...Saiki..?" Y/N tried to remember her name.

It wasn't like she forgot, she barely heard when they introduced themselves, her mind occupying substantial's. It was a great achievement that she was this close to the name.

Not even having an offended expression, Saija smiled "It's Saija, Yaguki Saija"

"Oh" Y/N muttered with a straight face not even trying to apologize "I see"

"It's fine, I forgive you because you are so cute" Saija exclaimed squishing Y/N's cheek.

Y/N was startled, she didn't have time to block her hand coming "Stop it" But to no avail did she stop

"Saija stop! You aren't here to play" Y/N slightly flinched at the commanding tone.

The titian hair colored's hand left her face as she looked to her side to see a white haired boy complimenting his red eyes. He stood as tall as Saija.

"Shingen kun" Saija greeted, she saw Enya behind him with a scowling expression.

Enya who soon recognized Y/N standing beside his comrade scowled further "What are you doing with this thing?"

Y/N's brow twitched.

Enya was shorter than Saija making his height comparable to Sasuke.

"Y/N chan, you didn't meet him right?" Saija asked as she turned to Y/N who was confused wondering what these people were doing.

"He is our third member, Arasha Shingen" He didn't say a word, just gazed at Y/N like spitefully.

"And Shingen kun, this is Shirazaki Y/N our new friend" Saija blurted making Y/N raise her brows in surprise

Friends

"Enemy" Y/N uttered allusively.

Saija who was close to her couldn't hear so she asked again "What?"

"Here, we aren't friends but enemies" Y/N stated calmly, her eyes closing peacefully.

Enya shouted "Hah! How dare this lowlife ...." Before he could continue Saija hit his head.

"Sorry about that" Saija said smiling, warmth reflecting in her golden eyes.

'Doesn't she ever get tired of smiling. It's getting annoying'  Y/N felt slightly envious of how she could smile and laugh all the time whereas she finds it difficult to do so.

Shingen narrowed his eyes "You will know soon enough if we are your allies or your enemies, Shirazaki"

'You....What is your motive?' Y/N noted, she knew people approach others with an intent. 'What reason is there for you to become my allies?'

Naruto approached Y/N with a big smile but soon replaced it with a frown "Y/N chan, stay away from these bunch of weirdos"

Y/N nodded at him while Enya yelled "Yeah!! You shrimp idiot! who you calling weirdos huh? If any one, you guys are the weirdos"

"Shut up!" Y/N coldly said, her amethyst eyes glaring at Enya "It was you guys who approached me" 

Naruto felt happy thinking Y/N was defending him as he laughed cheekily inside his head.

Enya was about to retort something when he paused as he felt a shiver run down his spine when he saw Y/N's eye penetrating through him with hatred and anger. The only emotion he could decipher. He wondered how far those emotions can go wondering the impending doom they will be forced upon.

☫━━━━━━━✧༝┉˚*❋━❉━FLASHBACK━❉━❋*˚┉༝✧━━━━━━━☫

"Master! Why do you want it to be her?" Enya whined his tone full of envy, his face morphing to one of annoyance.

"Hush! My child! It is for the greater good!" The master spoke slowly, a benevolent and kind smile appearing on his enigmatic face.

"You don't need her. Shirazaki's are so full of themselves" Enya muttered in disdain "Bet she is the worst of them if she is the only one left"

"Now Tuyoshi Enya" The Master warned, his stern gaze making the brown haired boy silent upon calling his full name "Didn't I tell you already"

Enya tched in response. Saija and Shingen appeared beside him, their serious gazes falling upon their proclaimed master.

"My children" The master smiled tenderly at them, his eyes kind and gentle "How have you been?"

"We are doing great, Master" Saija responded and Shingen nodded slightly.

The background became a blur and the master's golden eye turned cold "Are you three ready for the mission"

"Yes, Master" This time it was Enya who responded

"It is a difficult one, eh?" Master said "But knowing you guys are on it, I feel at ease"

The three felt proud at their master's words, wanting to fulfill his request even if they have to go to the depths of hell.

☫━━━━━━━✧༝┉˚*❋━❉━FLASHBACK END━❉━❋*˚┉༝✧━━━━━━━☫

"Don't provoke her, Enya" Saija whispered, her golden eyes scrutinizing the blond beside Y/N. 'A jinchruki'

Naruto frowned, he somehow didn't like the feeling this team was giving and when he saw Y/N being crowded, looking at them cluelessly he had the urge to pull her out.

Sakura who saw a small commotion going on immediately believed that Naruto had troubled the trio where Y/N required or needed saving him

Enya glared at Y/N showing his dislike openly and clearly. He gazed at her amethyst eyes before opening his mouth

"You have ugly eyes"

Silence covered after that. Shingen's hair covered his eyes, an unknown expression pertaining. Enya who felt a change in his aura flinched. Enya knew he has gone far.

"You are a clay brained pig" Y/N's stoic voice rumbled through the silence.

Another silence boomed through the arena. Y/N noticed the shift in chakra but couldn't decipher it. Shingen looked calm despite his chakra blazing like an angry tornado. 

"W-What?" Enya choked. Saija pursed her lips in an attempt to stop herself from bursting out of laughter.

Naruto's eye popped out. Sakura's jaw dropped. No one has ever said something like this to Y/N. Moreover she had never retorted, the noirette was someone who liked to remain quiet.  

Sakura would never agree to his words. Y/N's eye were the most beautiful she has ever seen. The purple swirl with red, white, pinkish sparks hue present in them making them more vibrant.

Naruto also wondered the same thing but he knew that it lacked the usual brightness.

"You asshole, how dare you? huh?" Sakura yelled charging forward being held by Naruto.

"Oh how the situations have turned" Shikamaru said leaning against the rock.

Ino had heart eyes "Do you think that boys would ask me out" Ino referred to Enya and Shingen

"If I were you, I would stay away from them" Choji said munching on his chips.

"Well, what if it is a love triangle and Y/N chan is between them. Poor Y/N" Ino fangirled, her blonde hair swaying slightly with the wind

"Your imagination is running wild, Ino" Shikamaru lazily pointed out.

"Shut up, who could blame them. Y/N is pretty cute" Ino remarked dreamily as she imagined her's and Y/N's  smaller self playing, Y/N having a large smile on her face

"Girls are troublesome" Shikamaru utterd to Choji who nodded

"A smile would add on to her beauty"

Ino rambled, her eyes turning to the two boys "What do you think?"

"Naruto, leave me. Let me teach this asshole a lesson" Sakura shouted, her mind in fury wanting to defend her friend.

Sasuke appeared beside Y/N, clasping his hands with her, their fingers entwining. Y/N looked surprised at Sasuke's gesture 

"Wha-" 

Before she could say, the onyx eyed boy interjected, his gaze narrowing at the snowy hair "You three...Stay the hell away from us" With that he dragged Y/N away from them with Naruto and Sakura on the trail.

Naruto turned back and pulled his lower eyelid, sticking his tongue out, taunting them.

"That jinchuriki" Enya growled, his face red from vexation.

"Stop" Shingen's commanding voice made him stop, muttering profanities meekly. 

"You have already gone too far. This way you are going to be a hindrance" 

His cold voice seeped through them "And Saija" As soon her name was called she jerked "Didn't I tell you to keep him in his place" 

With that Shingen walked away as Saija grinned saluting

"Aye aye captain"

The Uchiha didn't like the look the white haired boy was giving Y/N. He couldn't put a finger on what it was but he knew something wasn't right and he didn't like it.

"You still like getting in trouble" Sasuke scolded while Y/N squinted in confusion

"What did I do?"

What did you not do?

Gate 16 - Kiba, Hinata, Shino

Gate 27 - Shikamaru, Ino, Choji

Gate 12 - Naruto, Y/N, Sasuke, Sakura

Gate 20 - Otonin Team

Gate 38 - Kabuto's team

Gate 6 - Gaara, Temari, Kankuro

Gate 10 - Shingen, Saija, Enya

Gate 15 - The mysterious Kusanin grass ninja trio

"So first we'll go after the rookies" One of them uttered, a baleful aura surrounding them

Gate 41 - Nej, Lee, Tenten

Team 7 reached the booth, all four handed out their consent forms and in return they received a scroll.

"All right everyone, Follow your proctor to your respective gates. When the signal sounds in half an hour, the exam will begin!!" Anko announced, her voice dominating through the arena.

Soon, Y/N, Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura reached their gate and the proctor opened it, as all four entered without hesitation.

"Those three right?" The grass nin inquired to his team

"Go for the brats" The women replied following after team 7

"ALL RIGHT! LET'S GO" Naruto shouted after silence seeped into the arena, no one showing much of a reaction despite the turmoil in their hearts.

"It's too silent" Y/N casually uttered noticing no movements other than their members.

"We should stay vigilant" Sasuke said as the team moved forward.

Suddenly a scream was heard making the four halt in their steps.

"Did you guys hear someone scream?" Sakura asked, her eyes imploring through the wilds.

"Y/N chan, you jinxed it" Naruto swallowed, his eyes flickering between the endless forests and teammates.

"This place is creeping me out" Sakura said terrified, her emerald eyes searching Y/N's movement.

"I am telling you Sakura chan, it's no big deal" Naruto turned away, nodding slightly.

"Uhh, I gotta take a leak" Naruto started unbuttoning his pants.

Y/N raised her brow as Sasuke stood in front of her blocking the view muttering quietly "Dobe"

Sakura bonked his head "Not in front of us, Bozo! Me and Y/N chan are ladies. Use the bushes"

"Oww" Naruto whined, clutching his head.

"That was quite the experience" Y/N muttered sarcastically while Sasuke smirked.

"Oh man what a relief! Feelin' good now!" Naruto said, his face twisted to a calm expression.

"That was quick" Y/N raised her brow, squinting her eyes at the blonde

"I told you,, you are in the presence of a lady! Don't be vun-" Before Sakura could complete Sasuke punched Naruto on his cheek

'What the?' Sakura looked terrified "Sasuke kun, I appreciate the chivalry, but that was way over the top"

"What was that for?" Naruto asked wiping his blood from the corner of his mouth

"What have you done with Naruto?" Y/N questioned

Sakura asked, baffled "Um, What?" 

"Hello! I'm right in front of you bleeding"

"Your shuriken holster is on your left side, Naruto is right handed. and the main difference is you don't have the scratch the examiner put on Naruto's cheek. You re a fake  loser who is worse than naruto at transforming" Sasuke stated, lowering his gaze.

The Fake Naruto transformed into a ninja, ditching his disguise, Y/N saw a symbol on his forehead protector 'An Ame shinobi'

"Since you have forced me to come clean, why don't you do the same? Which one of you three has the scroll?!"

All three of them remained silent

"Unfortunately, you've forced me to be direct" He said, initiating the attack

"Fire style! Art of the phoenix flower" Sasuke hand signed breathing out fire.

Y/N jumped from tree to tree dodging the attacks, her eyes then suddenly landing on the yellow blob tied up on the green ground

'That idiot'

"Y/N chan" He shouted desperately asking for help as Y/N threw a kunai beside him as if saying

'Help yourself'

Y/N tackled Sasuke away from the paper bomb connected to the branch, his eyes widening "Ow"

Y/N coughed landing in opposite direction of Sasuke "Damn it. Be vigilant"

"Better and better, one false move and I'll kill you. Now hand over the scroll" The ninja appeared behind Sasuke as the uchiha activated his sharingan

"SASUKE" Sakura yelled making her way towards the onyx eyed boy.

Y/N smirked, the ninja had jumped away from Sasuke

Naruto threw a kunai at them "You are not getting away that fast" 

'Late as usual, Naruto' Sasuke thought, irritated at this point.

Y/N's eye widened when she saw Sasuke use the kunai which the blond had thrown by using chakra to hold at the sole of his shoe, taking the ninja by surprise, slightly wounding him.

Sasuke stabbed the ninja's left arm as blood oozed out from it. Y/N frowned.

Sakura muttered wide eyed" Sasuke"

"He gave me no choice! Now move! We don't know where his friends are. You got that? Keep standing there and you'll end up dead" Sasuke shouted, the shinobi's blood splattered on his face, seeing Sakura's hesitance.

The ninja soon ran away.

"He got away" Y/N muttered, helping Sasuke stand up, gazing at the direction the shinobi ran away

The four finally settled at a place discussing their strategy

"Remember if we get separated again, we can't trust each other blindly!" Sasuke started, his hands propped on the knee "It could end up this way"

Naruto and Sakura listened attentively to Sasuke, their face showing seriousness. Y/N's face remained impassive making the others believe she was listening which she was not. She was thinking how to improve her strategies so the ninja's don't run away like this one

"The safest thing is for us to have a secret password" This got Y/N's attention, her ears perking up "That way we'll know. No matter who they look like or how they sound, if one of us gets that wrong, they're an enemy"

Y/N listened carefully thinking about the code still maintaining her impassive countenance

"What about the poem 'Ninki - Ninja Opportunity' " Y/N suggested tapping her slender fingers on her leg at a steady rhythm.

Sasuke nodded agreeing to her "Hn, That sounds good"

"A ninja waits till the time is right. When the enemy sleeps and drops his guard, when his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for a ninja to strike." Sauke recited, learned during their academy days.

Sakura smirked, proud she memorized the whole poem. "Bingo" 

"...." Naruto dumbly looked at Y/N and Sasuke.

"And you expect me to remember that, how?!" Naruto yelled exasperatedly rubbing his head

"You are such a dunce. I've already got it down" Sakura nagged.

Y/N sensed a chakra from the underground, shuffling in her spot. Her eyes found Sasuke, both making eye contact, nodding at each other.

What the others didn't know was a certain person was eavesdropping on them from the underground.

'Very good. Time to pull back and regroup'

"We need a better password. How about swordfish?" Naruto suggested, his gaze flickering between the three.

"I'll take the scroll" Sasuke ignored him

Y/N blocked the path making Sasuke frown "What?"

"Are you sure about it?" Y/N asked, narrowing her eyes at him referring to the scroll.

"Do you think I can't take care of it" The uchiha scoffed

"I do" Y/N bluntly replied, totally not wanting to trust someone else with the scroll.

The two stared at each other not blinking, one showing the stubbornness while the other with aggressiveness

Both Sakura and Naruto could feel the tension

Before the two could further do something, Sakura jumped in between them trying to diffuse the tension created by the two team members

"Y/N chan!, Sasuke kun!, calm down" Sakura placed her hand on their shoulders. The duo's gaze shifted to Sakura.

The pinkette flinched at the glare the two were giving her at the sudden contact as she sheepishly removed her hand.

"Ow" The three turned to see Naruto with a slight new cut on his cheek, a bit blood oozing out "What the?"

"Watch out" Y/N grabbed Sakura's wrist on instinct placing her behind. The pinkette was somewhat happy that Y/N took her into consideration.

"A new enemy?" Sasuke questioned as he shielded himself from the wind gust attack.

Soon an ambushed blast appeared making the four genins separate

"Sakura" Sasuke uttered seeing the emerald girl shaking in fear, the only teammate he could find.

"Sasuke" Sakura squealed happy to see him, clinging which he shoved away immediately

"Stay back! Don't come near! What's the password? The ninki" Sasuke held a kunai against her.

"Oh right" Sakura said "A ninja waits till the time is right. When the enemy sleeps and drops his guard, when his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for a ninja to strike"

"Good"

Sasuke soon saw Y/N looking around scrunching her nose, her gaze wandering as she took in her surroundings.

'Where am I?' Y/N thought to herself scratching her cheek 'Where are the rest of them?'

Well Sasuke was sure it was the real Y/N just by one glance but to be on the safe side, when she reached the spot near them he asked

"Password?"

Y/N looked ahead to see Sakura and Sasuke 

"Why should I?" Y/N tilted her head

Sakura's eye grew pointing her finger "Impostor"

"Shut up." Sasuke said to the pinkette before turning to the amethyst eyed "Now? The password"

"I won't tell you"

"HUH?" Sakura's eye popped out 'What why not?'

"For what I know you both can also be fake and want to know the password" Y/N concluded

Sasuke shook his head "Just come here, idiot"

Y/N knew they weren't fake because of their chakra

"Yow, are you guys all right?" Naruto strutted forward, making Y/N's eye narrow at him suspiciously

"Not so fast Naruto, the password?" Sasuke asked, Naruto's gaze focused on Y/N

"Right Ninki" Naruto grinned "A ninja waits till the time is right. When the enemy sleeps and drops his guard, when his weapons lie forgotten in the stillness of the night. That is the moment for a ninja to strike"

Y/N blinked

Sakura sighed in relief

Sasuke smirked

Y/N lunged at Naruto with her shuriken, her legs running at a steady pace giving her the perfect momentum.

"HEY!!" Naruto shouted deflecting the attack, his face showing astonishment.

'What' Sakura opened her mouth

"What are you doing? Naruto got the password right" Sakura asked "And you didn't even say it. Are you the fake?"

The tone made Y/N annoyed, her countenance turning into a frown "Your lacking abilities isn't my problem"

"Heh" Sakura scratched her head, moronically looking at the Shirazaki.

She turned to Sasuke looking at him to agree with her

Sakura got no response from the two who were solely focused on the blond

"This time, he is good enough to deflect Y/N's attack" Sasuke uttered, readying an attack on Naruto

"Wait a second" Sakura yelled confusedly, no one was responding to her.

"Well done" Naruto said, soon smoke appeared and dissipated depicting his true appearance.

Y/N's brow shot up showing her surprise at seeing the lady she was with earlier

"What gave me away?"

"We knew you were underground, eavesdropping on everything we said. That's why we chose that kind of password" His gaze directing at Y/N as he acknowledged the We

"The kind the real Naruto would never manage to memorize" Y/N smirked "Impostor"

"I see, watch and wait, eh? This is going to be more fun than I thought" The grass nin smirked deviously. She licked her lips "A sensor, but not fully developed"

The game begins now

☫━━━━━━━✧༝┉˚*❋━❉━☫━❉━❋*˚┉༝✧━━━━━━━☫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

921K 35K 95
You have watched her grow from a baby; you have watched her struggles and witnessed her losses. You have cried for her defeats and felt the pain from...
108K 3.9K 34
Kakashi x Reader You suddenly find yourself stuck in "Naruto's" world without knowing why, and were taken in by the Leaf village as one of the infamo...
269K 8.3K 59
Highest ranking: #2 in hyuga "Its a girl. Wait another one's coming. Congratulations Hiashi, you have twins." Its my first book. So it's obviously ba...
237K 5.9K 70
"Team 7, Uzumaki Naruto, Uchiha Sasuke and Hyuuga Hinata." "I-I will be with Naruto-kun?!" Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Hinata b...