WINTERGAZE'S LIFE

By Alexar_WCUE

A humorous, understanding she-cat who's role is a medicine cat, what is her life and story? More

ALLEGIANCES
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 1

166 2 0
By Alexar_WCUE

Rippleleap curled around her two kits, licking their faces softly as she stroked her tail across their pelts. "Oh they're wonderful, thank you for helping me bring these blessings into the clan Smokeleaf." Rippleleap turned her head to look up at the grey medicine cat, who looked right back down at her with a sweet smile. "It's always such an amazing thing to bring new kits into the clan. They will be strong warriors, Rippleleap." Smokeleaf walked out of the Nursery which led Rippleleap by herself and her kits. "A tom-kit and a she-kit huh. My brave warriors." She drew her tongue across the she-kit's cheek. Doing the same to the she-kit's sibling. "What are you going to name them dear?" Mewed a more deeper voice, their eyes darting to the two kits. "Oh, Barkclaw they're just so precious. Come here and see your kits." Rippleleap replied, Barkclaw sliding in beside her. "Well the she-kit definitely has your pelt." He rumbled a purr, looking to the tom-kit. "Hey, this fella looks a bit like your mother, Sand'Leap." Rippleleap shuddered. "How dare you mention that filthy cats name in the mention of my kits. He shall be named Autumn'Kit, named after his yellow and slight orange gradient of fur." She purred, Barkclaw giving a nod. "A wonderful name." He huffed, giving the she-kit's nose a slight flick with the tip of his tail. "What do you want to name her?" Rippleleap looked at him and smiled.

"Winterkit."

Rippleleap then laid down to let the kits suckle. Her tail tapping and Barkclaw announcing that he was going for a hunt.

Winterkit opened her eyes as she stay curled up into Rippleleap's fur, her eyes a gradient of pink and blue. She squinted and looked out of the nursery, she could see large blurs of fur. Lots of different colours and sizes. Then she turned her head to look right into Rippleleap's face, she gave a squeak of alarm and stumbled away with stubby legs, she tripped and gave a mewl. Looking at a yellow fluffy shape about the same size of her, Winterkit got up and looked around.

"Look at that, they've already got their eyes open." She smiled, looking at the two kits.

Winterkit turned over to her and mewled, waddling over to them and starting to suckle at their stomach. She was about almost one moon old, but she hadn't seen or figured out how to walk too well yet. Winterkit looked over to the yellow kit she saw before and stared at their green eyes, her tail tapping.

Autumnkit looked right back at them as they both suckled their mother's stomach.

What Winterkit had picked up from this is that they were siblings.

"Winterkit really likes to study things huh? She's been staring at her brother for minutes!" Remarked Glazesight with a purr.

Winterkit looked up at the huge yellow-white she-cat, milk dripping from her whiskers, was she Winterkit? She assumed so, Winterkit gave a mewl and nestled into the huge blue cat's fur. Falling asleep.

"Yeah.." Rippleleap mewed with a slight sadness. "I just wish Barkclaw was here to see it."

Winterkit braced her paws as she jumped on Autumnkit, giving a yowl of triumph as she beat the tom in a play-fight. She was one moon now and new cats had moved in, Glazesight and Foxfire were the names she picked up. She saw Mudsight sometimes too, besides the other tom she didn't know the name of. Currently all the cats she knows is Mudsight, Glazesight, Foxfire, Rippleleap, Autumnkit, Dappledkit, Tansykit and Barkclaw, her mother told her that Barkclaw was her father. Her fur spiked up as the rustle of leaves caught her out of her thoughts. She looked up to see a large blue tom that started to speak.

"How are you two settling into the den, Glazesight, Foxfire?" She had heard this tom before, but when she had opened her eyes Winterkit didn't see him.

Autumnkit sat beside her with Rippleleap's tail brushed around his little body.

The large tom got mewls of reply from the she-cats. "We're settling in fine, Soulstar." Mewed Glazesight, the white and yellow she-cat giving a friendly nod.

"Yes we're getting in just swell!" Purred Foxfire. "These two little bundles of fur keep us company." She pointed her tail to Winterkit and Autumnkit.

Winterkit gave a small poke of her tongue at Autumnkit then curled back into her mother's belly. There wasn't much kits to play with right now.

Winterkit scuffed her paws across the grass as she looked around, giving a squeal. "Rippleleap! I'm two moons now can't I leave the Nursery!?" She bounced, Autumnkit nodding and giving a yowl of agreeement. "Yes! Please mum?"

Rippleleap sighed. "Alright, but I'm coming too so I can keep an eye on you." She mewed, getting up to her feet and following them out of the Nursery.

Winterkit ran across the marsh and mewed in surrpsie. "Wow! This feels so different! Woah, Autumnkit look at that rock! It's huge!"

Autumnkit nodded. "I bet there's no way you can climb it!" He responded, Winterkit was about to open her mouth before a voice sounded behind them.

"Neither of you will be climbing the Shade Rock. That's where the leader sits."

Winterkit turned around to look at a red she-cat. "Oh, sorry!" Winterkit mewed, Autumnkit tilted his head and questioned. "Who are you?"

The she-cat gave a purr and responded. "I'm Dahliaheart. The proud daughter of Scarletstar might I add." She bunched her muscles up as she tooted her own horn.

Winterkit opened her jaw in astonishment. "Wow! Rippleleap told me about Scarletstar! She let them join the clan when she was just an apprentice!" Dahlieaheart gave a sigh, tapping her tail with slight irritation. "Yes..Rippleleap and Barkclaw. Those Riverclan rouges." She mewed under her breath, upsetting the kits wasn't really her suit of style.

Winterkit didn't notice however, she was already looking around everywhere. "Look Autumnkit! There's the prey Rippleleap eats!" Winterkit pointed her ears to the prey on the pile of mud.

"That's called the Fresh-kill pile." Mewled a white tom. "And welcome out of camp kits, I'm Owlfeather. Good to finally see that Rippleleap let you free." He purred.

Winterkit turned to him and smiled. Quickly looking back to Autumnkit as she saw him about to pull a cat's tail. "Autumnkit don't do that!" She held her paws around her brother and pushed him back, cuffing his ear. She smiled, her ears giving a flick as wind flew across the whiskers in her ears. She took a breath as she started to talk. "When I'm six moons old now, I'm going to be shadowclan's leader!" She trotted around with her tail high.

"Well that will be hard when I'll be a better one! I'll be the best shadowclan leader!" Boasted Autumnkit, fur fluffing.

Winterkit rolled her eyes. "In your dreams! Ever since you learnt how to speak you've been a daydreamer!"

Autumnkit knocked her over. "Hmph! I'll be a great leader!"

Winterkit got up to her feet and knocked Autumnkit over, stuffing his face into the dirt as she jumped off right into Rippleleap's paws. "Uh oh..."

Winterkit's small shape fluffed against Rippleleap's front legs as she rumbled a growl. "Don't fight your brother! Calm yourselves down!"

Winterkit was now in the Nursery, ears giving a flick as Rippleleap towered above her with anger as they fought together.

"You mustn't do that again!" She huffed.

Autumnkit sat right next to Winterkit. Both of their fur fluffed up in embarrassment.

From afar Glazesight gave a soft mew. "Oh don't be too hard on them, it was only their first time out of camp." Although Glazesight hadn't had her kits yet, she still knew a lot about kits and mothering them.

Rippleleap murmured. "Okay..whatever." She settled into her nest and tucked her tail over her nose.

Autumnkit walked forward to suckle on her stomach.

Winterkit shrugged and looked outside of camp, seeing Dappledkit and Tansykit from afar. Her tail twitched as she wished to be out there as well.

Suddenly Foxfire came in with a mew. "Go out there, I won't tell Rippleleap. Plus the kit's will be told to come inside just a bit before she wakes up so you don't miss out." She purred in amusement, settling herself onto a nest as well.

Winterkit looked back to make sure her mother was asleep, then with a giggle she ran over to the two kits. "Dappledkit! Tansykit! Wanna play clan? Oooo, I wanna be the leader!" She bounced.

Dappledkit and Tansykit looked at eachother then back at Winterkit with a laugh. "Yeah sure Winterkit! But me and Tansykit don't want to be medicine cat so we need someone to be medicine cat!" He mewled, kneading the ground as he started to think.

"Ehh..I don't really know, well, Tansykit and I are four moons right now so maybe an apprentice will agree to play with us, aw man if only Coalkit was older! He's only one moon but he'd make a good medicine cat."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 722 39
Experience some of the darkest stories from some of the Clan's most damaged warriors through their own perspective. Squirreltail was an incredibly lo...
3.5K 409 27
It had been six moons since Lightclan discovered their new home beside the sea. They have settled in nicely and built a suitable camp to call home. B...
4.8K 344 51
Bullied because of her differences, Torn apart by grief, Forced to make a terrible mistake, That began her endless fall, Into the dark abyss. This i...
11 0 10
Come on short chapter journey's with some cats you may or may not have ever seen before! They all have their own little adventure of course, not just...