Don't Let Me Go // h.styles b...

By JasmineLadher

The Styles. They were the picture perfect family that wasn't so picture perfect anymore. [© 2014, jasmine lad... More

preface
one ; harry styles
two ; arabella styles
three
four ; harry styles
five ; arabella styles
six ; harry styles
seven ; arabella styles
eight ; harry styles
nine ; arabella styles
ten ; harry styles
eleven ; arabella styles
twelve ; harry styles
thirteen ; arabella styles
fourteen ; harry styles
fifteen ; arabella styles
sixteen ; harry styles
seventeen ; arabella styles
eighteen ; arabella styles
nineteen ; arabella styles
twenty one; harry styles
twenty two ; arabella styles
twenty three ; arabella styles
twenty four ; arabella styles
twenty five ; arabella styles
twenty six; harry styles
twenty seven ; arabella styles
twenty eight; arabella styles
twenty nine; harry styles
thirty ; arabella styles
thirty one ; arabella styles
thirty two ; arabella styles
thirty three

twenty ; arabella styles

419 14 14
By JasmineLadher

t w e n t y ; arabella styles

My stomach growled for the nth time, waking me up due to how uncomfortable it was making me. A vomiting sensation began to muster up at the bottom of my throat, begging to either be released or relaxed with a glass of warm water.

I pushed myself off the couch and carefully made my way to the kitchen. It was dark outside, due to the storm clouds, that I thought it was still very early in the morning. It was actually 12 in the afternoon. Sighing, I filled a glass of water with nearly hot water and sipped on it, somewhat soothing my stomach ache.

I looked around the quiet flat and my eyes landed on the dinner Louis and I had cooked together. So much for making last night special. I screwed it up, as usual, and the food went to waste.

Disappointed with myself, I threw away the food and got started on breakfast. Niall probably has a hangover from last night.

I started on pancakes before moving onto cutting up fruits. A little birdy had told me that this was Niall's ideal hangover breakfast. Of course, I wanted to make it perfect so he didn't feel uncomfortable.

Thunder rumbled in the distance, making me jump. What startled me more was the loud groan that came from Niall as he stumbled towards the dining table. He looked horrible.

"Hey," I mumbled, taking his breakfast to him, "you doing alright? Did you take the medication I set out for you?"

"I did. Thanks." He muttered, lifting his head off the table to devour his food. I brought over two mugs of peppermint tea and sat across from him, sliding his tea towards him. "Where's your food?"

"Not feeling too great. I've a stomach ache." I shrugged. He hummed and continued eating, not making eye contact with me at all. I frowned, knowing that he was really hurt. A flash of lightening illuminated the flat, making me jump once again. "Ni, I really am sorry about last night. Charles had no right to kiss my cheek in front of you and, to be honest, I know I didn't pull away fast enough. Even knowing how much you don't like him, I wasn't able to pull away fast enough for you."

"I really don't want to talk about this right now, Arabella."

"We need to talk about it soon because I don't want it to put any differences between us."

"Too late for that, huh?" He snapped, pushing his plate aside and getting up from his seat, "I have to shower."

"Finish your tea at least."

He picked up his mug and walked towards my room, closing the door behind him. I sighed and cleared the table before taking my seat at the table again. I watched as the clouds got darker and the rain started to come down hard. This weather matched my mood at the moment.

There was a weird vibe surrounding me and I hated the feeling it gave me. Like, something terrible was going to, or has, happened. It was very unsettling.

Eventually, I made my way back to the couch and put on the weather channel, disappointed that the weather was going to stay like this for a few days now. I squealed when the front door swung open as soon as another rumble of thunder shook the flat.

Louis stormed in, wet hair pressed flat against his forehead and eyes blazing with a fire I've never seen before.

"Where the hell is he?" He spat.

"Niall? He's in the shower. Has a bit of a hangover."

"Wait until that fucking prick comes out." Louis mumbled to himself.

"Lou, have a seat," I soothed, carefully taking him by the arm and leading him to the couch, "why are you so furious? What happened?"

"You don't know?" He whispered.

"Know what?"

He shook his head, "What happened between the two of you last night? Weren't you having your date night?" I shrugged and told him everything. Louis looked sorry for me, a look I never wanted to see coming from him. "Why didn't you text or call me as soon as he walked out? I could've gone out to get him."

"Louis, you're a sweetheart but I didn't want to disturb you after everything you have already done for me. I'm already going to spend my whole life repaying you."

"You should've just called me and we wouldn't have had this problem. Do you understand that, Arabella?"

"I don't even know what problem you're talking about."

"Even Harry is on his way back because he is so pissed off. Like, how could he do that to you?" He continued to ramble.

"Louis!" I said, grabbing his face between my hands and making him look at me, "what in the world are you talking about?"

"I know you don't want to hear this but you need to know," he whispered, grabbing a hold of my hands, "when Niall went out last night, he didn't just go to get drunk. He cheated on you. With some Victoria Secret Angel he had a thing with a few months ago."

I was taken back with what he had just said. Niall could never cheat on me. He knew how much that would hurt me. No, it wasn't true.

I let out a nervous laugh and shook my head, "I don't think you know what you're saying. Niall wouldn't even think about doing that to me. Not in a million years."

"Ara, I know you don't want to believe it but it's true," he grabbed the remote and changed the channel, "the moment she got there, he was all over her. My friend was there last night and he saw it all. He wasn't sure if it was him but now we do." I watched the screen, looking at the love of my life touching and kissing a girl from his past. "And, that's not the only thing." Louis whispered.

I looked over at him, his face disoriented because of the tears in my eyes, "What... What else is there?"

"Oh, munchkin," he whispered, cradling me, "I'm so sorry but you have the right to know."

"What else is there, Louis?" I whimpered, already knowing the answer.

"He, um, he fucked her."

Hearing him say it out loud made me break out into sobs. Niall couldn't. He told me he loved me. He couldn't do this to someone he loves. I mean, I understand he was angry but even I would never cheat if I was mad at him.

"He made love to me last night and then everything with Charles happened," I whimpered, "that is how he got back at me?"

"Sweetie, I am so sorry."

"I guess I'm not really meant to be loved, by anyone." I mumbled.

"That isn't true."

"Louis, it's okay," I snuggled closer to him and sighed, "I tend to love more than be loved and I've learned to accept that now."

"Of course you'd be snuggled against him," I heard Niall seethe, "or anyone, to be honest. Like the little slut you are." He raged on. "And Louis? Eleanor was right to suspect you cheating on her with Arabella. I'm seeing it with my own fucking eyes right now."

"Niall, you better shut your stupid fucking mouth before I do it for you," Louis roared, gently pushing me aside so he could stand up, "you're the fucking reason I'm comforting her. After you went last night and cheated on the girl who loves you for you. A girl you've literally been waiting you're whole life for."

"What the hell are you-"

"Niall, don't even try to weasel your way out of this. It's all over the news. And I actually have an eye witness for your stupidity," Louis ran his fingers through his hair and looked over at my emotionless expression, "how could you do something like that to her? You know what she's gone through and this was it. This is what broke her completely. You were supposed to be the guy who made her life better." He groaned. "Just wait until Harry gets here. You're fucking screwed, mate."

"Harry's coming?" Niall asked, voice shaking, "Here?"

"Yeah. He's fucking pissed."

"Why? It's not like he cares about her. Why does he care if she's treated the way a slut should be?"

Louis took a step forward but I grabbed his hand, making him look at me. I shook my head and gave him a half-hearted smile, wiping my cheeks to remove the tears that feel effortlessly.

"Let me break his nose." He muttered.

"Let it go," I whispered, releasing his hand, "if you'll excuse me."

With that, I slowly walked passed Niall to go to my room. I took a seat on my bed and let out a shaky sigh before breaking down once again. I felt used. I felt unloved and unwanted more than I did before and it was killing me. My chest ached and I just wanted to claw away the pain.

How could he cheat on me? Especially with a model. I was nothing compared to a model. How could he hurt me by sleeping with someone as perfect as her? I covered my face with my hands and let out a groan of frustration. Why did I have to go through all of this?

I heard someone come into my room and sit next to me. A muscular arm was thrown over my shoulders and I was pulled into his chest.

"Why do I screw everything up?" I whimpered, "why couldn't I just be pretty enough so he didn't have to go to a model?"

"Oh, hush," Louis whispered, kissing the top of my head, "don't you dare think you aren't pretty enough. He's just so stupid for messing your relationship up like this."

"It was my fault, Lou. If only I had moved away fast enough."

"Don't blame yourself, alright? If it's anyone's fault, it is you dumbass boss' fault. Why did he even have to come out here when you clearly told him that you were taking days off to spend with Niall?"

"He came to give me my first pay check but I just don't understand why he couldn't have just left it on my desk?"

"You're first pay check?" Louis said, pulling back to give me the sweetest smile, "that is so great Arabella. We should be celebrating that, not moping over Niall's stupidity."

"Nothing in my life is ever celebrated. This doesn't really matter."

"What did I tell you about being positive? Do we still need to work on that?" He asked, making me shake my head in response, "good. We celebrate when you've calmed down a little bit, okay? We'll give it a few days."

"Thanks, Lou."

"Hey, no thanks needed. As long as drinks are on you." He grinned.

I let out a laugh and nodded, "It's a deal then."

Louis rubbed my back for a bit before grabbing my hand and standing up, "You okay to see your brother now?"

"Harry's here already?"

"Oh, yeah. Walked straight into the flat and punched Niall without saying a word. Totally deserved it. He hurt his little sister after all."

I smiled lightly and followed Louis out into the living room. I was surprised to know that Harry had stuck up for me. I didn't think he had it in him, to be honest.

I noticed Niall sitting on the couch, a bag of frozen peas pressed to his jaw. His eyes were red and puffy but he quickly looked away from me. It broke my heart to see him like this.

My eyes wandered around the flat before they landed on Harry's tall figure leaning over the sink, filling a kettle.

"You should feel really lucky that she ever gave you the fucking time of day," Harry muttered, clearly still talking to Niall, "if she was like Gemma or myself, she wouldn't even look your way because we know how you can be a dick sometimes. I didn't say anything in the beginning because I knew upon meeting my little sister, your whole stupid life would flip. And it did but you just had to fuck up everything."

"Harold, I've got you a little present," Louis sang, making Harry turn around, "she's a bit exhausted lookin' but still as cute as fuck and still in once piece. I'm sure she missed you lots."

"I'm still very pissed off at you but yes, I did miss you," I smiled, hating how I was tearing up once again, "how was your trip? Where did you go?"

"It was good. Stressful but good. And where I went doesn't really matter right now. You do," he looked at me and tilted his head to the left, "what in the world is that?"

"What?"

"On your neck," Harry pursed his lips before his eyes widened and turned to glare at Niall, "what the fuck, mate? You slept with my sister, gave her this golf ball of a hickey, and then slept with that other chick? I ought to—"

I grabbed Harry by the arm and shook my head, "Leave it."

He sighed but nodded, "You okay?"

I shrugged, feeling my throat constrict because of the sob that was ready to escape out of me, "Yeah. Of course."

He stepped closer to me and stared at me with something I hadn't seen in a really long time; love. "Arabella, you can't hide what you're feeling from me. I've known you since you were born. You may fool mum or Gems but you can't fool me. We had a very strong bond, okay? And I know it's probably not there anymore but at one point in time it was. So, please, Ara. Please don't try to hide what you're feeling from me." I let out a deep breath and looked at the ground, feeling my body shake. "Are you okay, kitten?"

My gaze shot back up to Harry's face and I gasped. He called me kitten. He used my nickname after five years, even if he doesn't really care about me anymore. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I shook my head, "No."

"Do you..." He whispered, holding his arms out, "do you need a hug?"

"Yes." I breathed out, jumping up to wrap my arms tightly around his neck. I felt how tense he was because this was our first hug in years but I quickly felt him loosen up and snake his arms around my waist. I sobbed into his neck but I didn't feel embarrassed today.

"Hey, shh. Don't cry," he soothed my hair down and tried his best to shush me, "Niall's just a fucking dick and you deserve someone who respects you enough to not go off and sleep with some slut just because he's mad at you. Kitten, you deserve someone who will sleep in a separate room for one night so you can talk it out in the morning. You shouldn't have been treated this way. You're too good."

"Barbara isn't the slut, by the way. You're idiot of a sister is. And now she's just crying because she wants all the attention on her so she can tell you that I fucked up."

I clenched my jaw and released Harry before turning around and walking towards Niall. He stood up, making Harry and Louis come up right behind me just in case he tried something.

I poked his chest, hard, and glared at him, "Just for your kind information, dickhead, I'm crying because, if you didn't notice, Harry called me 'Kitten'. My childhood nickname that I haven't heard him use in years and the fact that he finally hugged me after five years. You know how long I've been waiting," I poked his chest once again, letting my tears fall freely, "so, you can shove anything you say up your ass because Harry is right. I don't fucking deserve a piece of shit person like you in my life. I deserve someone who respects me and actually loves me enough to not go off and cheat on me."

"You cheated on me first."

"No. I didn't fucking cheat on you because I could never hurt you like that."

"Bullshit. Why don't you tell them what you've been doing with Charles and that Marvin guy? Tell them what I told you about the girls not wanting to send the other guys here alone."

"Charles is my fucking boss and I don't even like him. He isn't even good looking and he's spoiled rotten. He's got a bad attitude and I hate it. As for Marvin, he likes someone else. I am not his type."

"Oh, come on! You've been saying that he likes someone else for the longest time but you've never given us a name. What do you suppose I'm to think when you say that?"

"Ara," Louis mumbled, "he's right, you know? You've never actually given any of us the name of the girl Marvin likes."

"I swore on our friendship. I can't break his trust like that." I begged.

"But you have no problem breaking mine?" Niall scoffed.

"It's nothing like that, I promise. I just can't."

"Arabella," Harry interrupted, "we aren't going to get anywhere with this issue if you don't clear things up. It's fine. Marvin will understand when you tell him the circumstances."

"I can't..."

"'Cause he fucking likes you and you like him back! Geez, Arabella! Just fucking admit it!" Niall yelled.

"He likes Harry, okay?" I screamed back, fed up with his accusations, "I am not Marvin's type because he's gay and he really likes Harry. I am not sleeping with him behind your back because I am not stupid. I would never stoop that low."

The room went silent as they looked at each other, mumbling an 'oh' in unison. The truth was out and I was now positive that my friendship with Marvin was over.

"I'm sorry but I couldn't tell you, alright? And you should've understood because that is what you call trust, something that I gave you completely. Because of you my friendship is over and once again, I have no one in my life. Thank you so much, Niall. Really."

"Arabella..." Harry started, reaching out to grab my arm but I pulled out of his grasp, shaking my head.

"No, Harry. I have no one and you know that," I whimpered, "the bit of affection you showed me today wasn't real and I know it. You've made it clear, on many occasions, that I mean nothing to you anymore. And I understand that but please, don't give me affection out of guilt."

"What am I guilty about?" He whispered.

"When you called me last night? I'm sure you don't need me to expand on that, do you?" I scoffed, wiping my eyes, "I just... I want to be alone from now on. Just like no one wants me in their life, I don't need anyone in my life that doesn't plan on staying there for good. It's what's best for everyone."

I walked back to my room and laid down on my bed. I covered my face with my hands and sobbed silently. That was the hardest thing I've had to say to Harry. Of course I needed him in my life but he didn't want me in his. I was just forcing myself in it.

My bedroom door flung open and Harry stormed in. He wasn't glaring at me but the look he gave me was intense and I was scared. I was terrified he was going to h.it me again.

"Just... Please don't hurt me, okay? I'm willing to have a conversation with you but don't h.it me please." I whispered, sitting up so I wasn't as vulnerable.

Harry took a seat next to me, leaving a couple inches of space between us, before he let out a long, shaky sigh, "I never did apologize for that, did I?"

"It's not like it matters to you anyway."

"Of course, it matters to me. My actions that have left you scared of me and having you, my little sister, terrified of someone who was supposed to protect her is the worst feeling in the world."

"You aren't the only one that hurt me when I was supposed to be protected. I'm used to it."

"Well, I am sorry for that night and I want you to not be scared of me. You're my little sister and—"

I raised my eyebrow and held my hand up to make him stop talking, "Okay, that was the second time you referred to me as your little sister since you've come into my room. I don't understand how you still think we have that relationship after rejecting me many times since I've gotten back."

"Can you not be like that, Arabella?"

"Be like what? Being done with how I've been treated? Finally being able to voice myself? No. I will be like that and if you don't like it, Harry, you can go. It's not like you wanted to be part of my life anymore anyways."

"Arabella..."

"Just go, please. I really want to be alone right now." I whispered, regretting what I had said to him. He realized that, that was what I was feeling so he got up and nodded. "I'll text you when I'm more... Stable."

"As long as you'll actually text me, take all the time you need," he smiled, "I'm going to kick Niall out now. Louis may just stay for a bit. Want me to do anything for you?"

I looked at Niall's leather jacket sprawled across the foot of the bed and bit my lip, "Tell him to leave without his jacket since it's in my room. I kind of want to keep it."

"I understand," he sighed, "bye, Arabella. I really wish you didn't have to go through this alone."

I shrugged and watched him exit my room. I slowly reached out and grabbed Niall's jacket. His scent took over my senses and brought tears to my eyes. I put his jacket on and slid under the covers, thinking about what could've been.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

hi hello lol I should have been studying for a test tomorrow but I sorta drank too much and my brain is fuzzy also I would rather write than study cuz I know my shit lol but yeah... this was just a bunch of shit tossed into one chapter.. hopefully something made sense to y'all? lol ive proof read once but if you find some mistakes please ignore cuz like I said my brain is fuzzy from drinking lmao

peace, love, prosperity to y'all *does peace sign*

-JasmineLadher xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 367 56
Perfect. Jennifer's life was perfect. That's what she told herself anyway. But when she met Harry. 'The Bad Guy', the boy with all the tattoos, who g...
2.9K 95 15
Mari is Liam sister. Yes The Liam as of Liam Payne from One Direction sister. Its been 5 crazy years for the boys but Mari has some how been part of...
614K 10K 56
Ashley Styles is Harry's sister. She hasn't seen her little brother in over five years. She arrives in London, excited to see Harry, but there's some...
8.1K 396 27
Adeline Malik is Zayn's little sister, which means she gets a lot of crap about how her brother left the band. But Zayn didn't leave the band to beco...