THE CRY OF SWAN SONG - sokeefe

By LoveBookwormGirl

Keefe has stood in the shadows way too long. After a talk with Ro Keefe knows he needs to confess. Sophie des... More

A/N :)
Chapter 1 Keefe POV
Chapter 2- Keefe
Chapter 3- Sophie POV
Chapter 4 -Biana POV
Chapter 5: Fitz POV
Chapter 6: Tam POV
Chapter 7: Keefe POV
Chapter 8 : Keefe POV
Chapter 9 : Sophie POV
Chapter 10 : Ashleigh POV
Chapter 11 : Linh POV
Chapter 12 : Biana POV
Chapter 13: Sophie POV
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!
Chapter 14: Keefe POV
Chapter 15 : Biana POV
PLEASE READ QUICK
SPECIAL 1K ACE POV
Chapter 17 : Sophie POV
Chapter 18 : Keefe POV
Chapter 19 : Keefe POV
ANNOUNCEMENT
Not an update unfourtunately
Chapter 20 - Fitz POV
SPECIAL 2K CHAPTER 21
UPDATE STATS
Chapter 22 : Sophie POV
2K Special Dex : Chapter 23
Chapter 24: Sophie POV
Chapter 25 : Ashleigh POV
Chapter 26 : Dex POV
Chapter 28 : ??? POV
Sorry y'all for the wait!
Chapter 29: Ace POV
SHOUTOUTS
STOP RIGHT NOW- OMG
Chapter 30 : Keefe POV
Chapter 31 : Dex POV
Chapter 32 : Keefe and Sophie POV
Chapter 33 : Keefe and Sophie Join POV
Chapter 34: Sophie POV
Chapter 35: Multiple POV
Chapter 36 : Sophie POV
Chapter 37 : Keefe POV
Chapter 38 : Sophie POV
Epilouge
Announcements And Dedications
thank you thank you thank you
Special 40K BONUS EPILOGUE

Chapter 27: Sophie POV

672 14 157
By LoveBookwormGirl

A/N: We lovin' the new cover orrrr whattttt??? I LOVE IT! OMG!

AND IT WAS RLLY QUICK TO CREATE! <3

Anyway enjoy this wholesome chapter!

Also shouout to this SLAY queen AudreyArtGirl ILY SO SO MUCH <3 THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO YOU! Ik this dedication is late since you commented soooo long ago but I had to give you a shoutout. Your so so so amazing!

Also! Sorry for being so slow...I've been in a little writing slump. I kinda know where this story is going but not too big of an idea so rn im just gonna give time to Dex to settle in. 

Tbh even I didnt expect the ending. I just let the writing flow do its work- 

The worst part about this is now I need to change a few things in this story cuz of this ending- ugh i hate when that happens.

I actually started writing this chapter last year. Get it New Years joke? No-

Tears escaped my swollen eyes as I took in the sight of Dex. All in one piece Dex. My shaky hand covered my mouth as I slowly inched towards him. Afraid that if he wasn't real-

He'd disappear-

Again-

I slowly started pacing towards him- now afraid if I waited too long- he'd also disappear. I couldn't deal with that. His dimples lifted when I ran and sank into the big hug he welcomed me with. Ugly sobs started escaping my mouth and wet tears soaked his crumpled tunic. I wrapped my hands tighter around his waist.

"Woah there Sophie. I still need to breathe!!" He chuckled. 

I hit him on the arm. I glared at him.

"No you don't." I said all too seriously. 

He smiled and his eyes lifted. 

I smiled and collapsed into him. I sat there thinking.

"Your alive." Shakily I steadied myself. 

"Your alive right now and that's all that matters." I said matter-of-factly. "Please don't leave me again." I mumbled into him.

I cleared my throat and said quietly "We should probably go and you know- explain how you rose from the dead-"

I could see the gears turning in his head. "So-who IS here?" He finally replied kicking the ground and keeping his head hung low. I sympathetically smiled, not trying to overwhelm him.

"Uh- Fitz, Biana, Linh, Tam, Marella, Maruca, Stina- everyone! But if you feel it's too much you can always ask me to ask Mr Forkle to set you up a room." 

So she quickly caught Dex up on everything, from Ashleigh and her background, to how they thought he was dead, to the fact they needed to stay hidden and they wouldnt be able to go home in a while.

"So- if you need your parents will pack you some stuff and Mr Forkle will pick it up. I'm sorry-" I finished, half smiling, half grimacing. 

Dex ran a hand through his hair and breathed out. "So- Ashleigh is alive?" 

"What?" I said confused

He breathed out slowly "Well- I just thought- a scream-" He stopped and his eyes crinkled and being his best friend I knew he was deep in thought, I walked away intent being not to disturb him.

I pulled my hair from my sweat sticky neck, and despite the circumstances I smiled, like really smiled. Biana came up to me and opened her mouth to say something when she spotted Dex behind her eyes widened, in some type of indescribable exictment. Her eyes started to glisten.The words she was about to say long forgotten. Her hands were clenching and unclenching and she shakily breathed out. I smiled at Biana as she calmed herself. 

And Dex "convieniently" had cleared his head and looked up to Biana. There was some type of energy between them. But Biana liked Tam didn't she?

I shook my head in confusion, relationship stuff was NOT my forte.  Biana ran up to Dex and caught him in a hug that seemed to stun Dex and even Sophie herself. 

I decided not to interrupt the personal moment and walked away, sneaking quick glances at the tight embrace Biana had Dex in. 

Fitz was sitting solemnly on the couch and was looking everywhere but my eyes. His lips were pressed into a tight line. And his eyes...those damn teal eyes that encaptured my interest on that very first day... had faded- 

Were dull

Lifeless. 

My gaze only seemed to upset this balance more. 

"Did you know?"

I sat there as he posed this question to me. I cocked my head to the side in question. He repeated the question. 

"Did you know-" he choked on his words as his eyes started to glimmer "how hard it was- to say goodbye-"

"To us-" He finished.

His head hung low and he continued "How hard it was to say goodbye to the most beautiful, intellegent girl I'd ever met, and I foolishly let her slip away. It was so damn hard to say goodbye our relationship and now-" He stopped momentarily "-I don't think we can fix it-" He finished quietly. "The most beautiful, smart, priceless, strong girl got away from me. And- you loved me so hard, with everything you could, and I didnt see that- Sophie I didn't see that you were who I needed and I- now know, Sophie Foster, you are amazing. And now I need to say goodbye to us for real-" He touched my hand and I suprisingly stayed calm. He smiled a little. "and say hello to something else- goodbye Sophie Foster, my ex girlfriend, the girl I used to love. Hello Sophie Foster, my best friend, my first human like friend. Hello again indeed."

Obviously feeling satisfied and clear of his guilty thoughtshe stood from the couch and simply walked away.

And that was it. 

Goodbye

And maybe that was all it was supposed to be.

But somehow it still hurt to know it was over, completely over. An ache in my chest spread a little and I was left on the velvet couch. All alone, left heartbroken with goodbye. 

Just goodbye. 

You know when you move houses and you get emotional that your leaving behind all those memories, all those happy times, all those people you met there, your neighbours, your friends in the area, and you genuienely feel upset about something new. You feel unready for the upcoming change, and the fact that you'll leave behind all those childhood and past memories, the fact that you'll have to stay somewhere new? The change looks so daunting. That's how I felt right now. Not ready to move on. And Fitz was the house.

My heart was shattered into a million different glass pieces.

And I kept getting pricked whilst picking them up.

But it didnt hurt that he'd moved on from me. 

It hurt that he had left me behind me in the process

It hurt that he could move on. 

It hurt me that I couldn't 

It hurt that this was the end

It hurt that goodbye was the inevitable word.

I let my head hang down as I dissected what he said to me. My forehead crinkled in confusion. My palms sweaty and my hair falling free of its loose ponytail. 

Goodbye Fitz, goodbye indeed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A while later someone sat beside me, obviously oblivious to my mood and situation. 

I looked up not wanting to seem distant or rude. 

Of course

Stina. 

She took one look at me and immediately sighed through her nose in her snobby fashion. 

"Go. Spill"

My eyes widened a bit. Stina. Much less being nice?! What had the world come to?!

"I know! I know! Your not worth my time! I'm trying to get along now go!" She rolled her eyes. 

I half smiled at her attitude and sighed through my nose. I caught her up on how I was happy for Fitz moving on but I felt I was getting left behind. 

"You want me to be brutally honest?" Stina raised her eyebrow challengingly

I cowered a little under her stare. 

"Uh yeah..?" I hesitated. 

"Ok-" She started "Well you and Fitz are major red flags in a relationship. So I think your relationship is toxic af-" 

I widened my eyes.

"and- there's someone who's sooo much better for you but I'll let you figure that one out.  Also I think you should talk to him. Despite his toxic behaviour in your little situationship, he seems pretty bummed, even now that he thinks your relationship much less your friendship is over. You guys need to seriously talk. Like it's getting ridiculous now- also I seriously think you need to talk to all of us- catch us up because right now- your being a bit of a shitty leader-" 

I opened my mouth to protest. 

Stina held up a hand.

"I know you want to say your not trying to be a leader but you were obviously designed to be one." 

I cringed at the word designed. 

"And whether you acknowledge it or not it your choice. Just tell us when you decide yeah?" Stina said quietly. "And despite our arguments I think you need to know, we do value you as a leader Sophie, and as a friend. So does Fitz, so I think you need to see that this relationship is two-sided. And Sophie? You are a living being. You are allowed to have feelings." She half smiled and stood and made her way over to Marella who smiled slightly at me.

I looked down to my hands, as I wrung them together. I tried not to cry. No.

I am a living being. I am allowed to have feelings.

I felt a tear slip down my cheek. And it felt-

Refreshing. To know that I was able to vunerable in front of these amazing people who I know will comfort me.

I-

Just need a minute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood a while later off in search of Dex. We had so much to catch on and so much to do.

I caught him in the middle of a conversation with Tam. Tam grimaced and then smiled when he saw me. 

"Just catching Dex up." Tam said quietly. 

"Oh." I said. "I was coming over to do it." 

Tam and Dex exchanged a glance before Tam stood and left. 

"Okay" I said sitting down. "I wasn't."

Dex shrugged "I assumed so." 

I immediately felt guilt flare in my chest.

"I mean I was! But I needed to talk about something bigger, or be with someone right now. I'm pretty reckless when I'm upset."

Dex's gaze snapped to mine. "Wait your upset? Was it Fitz-did he hurt you-"

"Emotionally? Kind of? But it wasn't his fault." I choked a bit. "It was mine. I hurt myself." 

Dex relaxed a bit at the sort-of reassuring words.

"Fitz moved on, Dex." I said slowly, still kind of contemplating "He moved on from me." 

I felt Dex's arms wrap around me in a reassuring hug. 

"I'm so sorry Sophie." His voice mumured

And then all the sudden deja vu. 

To that night. 

Keefe.

Gone. 

I went stiff at the memory I was trying so hard to forget. I felt Dex guiding me through some breathing excercises. I soon relaxed myself. 

"How long?" Dex asked.

I pretended to be confused

Dex rolled his eyes at my poor acting.

"How long has it been happening?" He repeated.

I sighed defeatedly "About since that night Keefe disappeared." I confessed. 

Dex froze a little. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when I was kinda dying."

I laughed and felt my posture relax. Dex smiled at me. 

Still laughing I asked him. "What? Why are you smiling?" 

"I haven't seen you really laugh. In a long time. Not since- this neverseen stuff- Last time was when Keefe would make you laugh. It's nice." He said turning a bit red.

I smiled. "Well my three closest friends always make me feel better. You, Biana and Keefe are the best friends I could ask for, and suprisingly Stina. She gave me a little pep talk earlier today." I laughed.

Dex laughed as well but probably at the thought that Stina could be nice.

His laugh faded and he turned serious. 

"Tell me if that ever happens again. I'll be there. Even if I'm kinda dying." 

I laughed "What? The panic attack or Stina's pep talk?

Dex shrugged "Probably both if I'm being honest"

We ended up sitting together and laughing for a good while

Like old friends

Just old friends

~~~~~~~~~~

Later I settled into the big pink fluffy bed Mr Forkle had set up for me temporarily.

I was practically sinking into it. 

And the pillows were practically begging me to lay down for a rest. So were the heavy eyebags under my brown sparkling eyes. But I couldn't

Maybe after this fight was over. 

So I pulled it out from under my bed and just stared at it for a few seconds. I shouldn't have stolen it from Mr Forkles office. I mean I wouldn't have but this whole hideout was secret. It was bound to have something useful. 

And I mean technically this was my fight. I was entitled to this. So I stole it! I know, I know that's not what the Black Swan is about but sometimes you've gotta play dirty if you want to win. 

I really needed to win.

Not wanted

Needed. 

So yeah I did a quick switcheroo. But it's not like Forkle would notice I mean, it probably was a dead end, like all our other leads.

I just really needed something right now. 

Oh....yeah sorry you don't know what I stole.

I looked down at the scroll of parchment, I played with ends, it almost looked....burnt.

But this wasnt an old burn, it was new. 

I could still smell the ash lingering on its rough papery surface. It stung my nose. 

But what really caught my attention was pressed right in the middle in semi-dry ink. 

The Neverseen symbol.

Forkle had plenty of scrolls but this one was on the center of his desk in his office. So it really wasnt my fault. I was just a curious teenager. He should know better. 

But obviously this was new. 

The ink.

I rubbed the symbol only to find some ink coating my palm.

Not dry yet. 

This didnt make sense, ink dried fast....

Unless...

My eyes widened as i looked around my room. Any signs of life. I quickly rushed to the open windows, suddenly the ventilation seeming less appealing. I backed up on the door as I scanned the room warily. I tried calling for Sandor but my voice. It wasn't working. 

I quickly threw the door open feeling as if someone was watching me. Sandor stood outside of the door. He raised an eyebrow at me. I looked at him carefully. I slowly closed the doors. 

I quickly checked every cabnient, cupboard, nook and cranny.

Nothing.

"Sophie?" Sandor's voice rang through the door. "Open the door." 

"Huh?" I asked, still searching, not really focusing.

"Sophie, the door, its locked. Open up." He said his voice pitch getting higher. Concerned.

I rolled my eyes at his overprotectiveness. But then froze in my tracks.

"Sandor-" I said my voice trembling "There is no lock on this door."

Sandor immediately started tugging on the door. "Sophie! This isn't funny!" 

I crossed the room to the door and started furiously pulling on it. 

"Sandor! Someone!" I screamed. 

A whisper floated through the air

No one will here you scream here

 And an airy laugh drifted through the air.

I trembled but persistently kept trying with the door.

The room grew colder as I kept trying the door.

Then I crossed to the windows. Tried unlocking them. Nothing. 

I tried using the key. It suddenly disintergrated in my hand. 

I let out a sob. 

No. no. no.

A laugh floated through the air. I climbed onto my bed and held my knees to my chest.

I let my sobs flow free. 

A dream. This was a dream. 

And then I bolted up in my bed. 

A dream.

Sweat coated every part of my body.

A nightmare. 

That was it. 

I looked down to the parchment gripped in my hand, that part was NOT a dream. Except the scroll kept haunting all my dreams

Made me hallucinate in the worst way possible. 

Showed me my worst fears. 

And I couldnt help but feel that the dreams werent really dreams. 

I jumped at the sound a voice. 

"Sophie Foster. I believe you have something of ours."  

Real, this was totally real

A crooked smile from the menacing stranger

Silver hair shone on his head. 

Holograms erupted from his palms. 

"Hand it over. Or this will get VERY difficult." 

And then I made his figure out and my eyes widened with shock. I let out a ear piercing scream.

Their identity was Mr Forkle

And that wasnt my main concern.

It was the Neverseen cloak that draped over his shoulders that made my scream even louder.

A/N: Heyyyyy guysss!!! I'm back for a quick chapter! So I'm about to start school again so unfortunately I will be logging out of this acc for while! Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed! I know I'm making you wait a while for the explanation and everything but pls stick with this story!

Add to the reading list to get updates for this story!

Love all of you! <3 

Also this book is over half way done :( This is so sad! I have about 12 chapters left!

Keep Sokeefeing! <3

-Soph

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 1.3K 37
❛❛The girl and the two boys. What happens when love enters the picture.❜❜ Sophie, Fitz, Keefe. Oblivious, perfect, and loving. When Sophie gets with...
302K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
115K 1.7K 54
2/14/22: #1 in sokeefe!! Love, Keefe. Love, Keefe. Love, Keefe. Sophie couldn't seem to get the words out of her head. ~~~~ "You never know how much...
272K 4.5K 29
Sophie Foster is a normal teenager in San Francisco, and she is in college with her best friends, Biana and Fitz Vacker and Dex Diznee. Everything in...