Never Saw It Coming: Pietro M...

By iamnotwhoiam97

All my life it seems I've been running. From leaving the "comfort" of home to escaping death by some hydra wi... More

Chapter 1: Recruitment
Chapter 2: Informing the Maximoffs
Chapter 3: Spangled Meeting
Chapter 4: Introductions and Injuries
Chapter 6: Dining with the Elite
Chapter 7: Captain's Plan
Chapter 8: Enhancing Enhancements
Chapter 9: Suits, Dresses, and Defenses
Chapter 10: Parties
Chapter 11: The Chase
Chapter 12: Pushing on a Pull Door
Chapter 13: When Push Comes To Shove
Chapter 14: Dreaming
Chapter 15: Hurry Up and Go Nowhere
Chapter 16: Lies, Crimes, and Training Times
Chapter 17: Last Assessment and the First Mistake
Chapter 18: Never Saw It Coming
SEQUEL

Chapter 5: Discussions and Decisions

14.8K 438 120
By iamnotwhoiam97

[ Author Note: Hello! Thank you so much for liking this story! I don't own Marvel. I just own Christine Blake.]

<<<<<<<<<< Pietro's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

As soon as the door of the training center closes behind Agent Blake I feel a slap to the back of my head.

"You almost killed her Pietro!" Wanda fusses.

"'Almost' is the perfect word to use." I joke. I did actually feel really bad about that.

"You will have to be careful next time brother, she is here to train us, not to be tortured by us." Wanda is reprimanding me now. Perfect.

"You don't think I know that? I didn't mean to hurt her so bad AND I apologized. I fixed it." I defend myself casually. I don't see the need in going over this.

"No. She fixed it. Her enhancement is what saved her life." Wanda corrects my speech.

"Why didn't she defend herself? I don't understand. She knew what she was up against." I tell my twin.

"She had an idea of what she was up against. She wanted to feel it so she couldn't judge us from a file. I checked her thoughts. Every word she said was nothing but honesty."

"Everything? Did she ever think of something you didn't like?" I raise an eyebrow and smirk down at her.

"When she came in, it took her a minute to adjust to her surroundings, her mind wasn't clear at first. It wasn't until she made eye contact with me that I felt her thoughts. She thought I was beautiful." She scoffed at the end.

"Why do you find that so hard to believe?" I ask her.

"It's not that I didn't believe her, most women who look at me, I sense jealousy. She was simply enthralled by my looks and the way I speak." Wanda answered.

"What did she think about me?" I ask a little too eagerly. I'm pretty sure Wanda caught on to that.

"She thought you were handsome. She also liked the way you spoke to her. I think the confidence and charisma you hold made her take a mental 'step back' and she thought you flirtatious. She didn't have a problem with it though. When she realized what she was thinking, she immediately felt ashamed. She was almost blushing in her mind. That is why she apologized." Wanda informed me.

"She thinks me handsome?" I ask in a somewhat suggestive tone. Wanda just rolled her eyes.

"She soon got over our appearances and felt uncomfortable when Barton was giving her praise. When he left, she started wondering about our personalities and the way we see ourselves. That is why she asked us. She liked my answer. She didn't understand yours but she hoped to understand in the near future."

This confused me.

"Why did she care?" I ask her.

"She cares because of something in her past. I didn't get a chance to look further in her mind. I honestly didn't want to dig into her personal life. That would have been too invasive. Like Maria Hill said, Blake would tell us anything we wanted to know. I did figure out that others had judged her only for her enhancements. I imagine it took her time to realize that she was more than just her enhancements. What she thinks of herself and what others think of themselves seems very important to her. I respect that." I respect that too.

"What did she think of our abilities?" I ask her.

"She told you what she thought. She doesn't really hide much. She was impressed with your simple combat skills and didn't get angry that I didn't know what to do. But she did make a note of where to start our simple training in the morning. Christine was very impressed with how I manipulated so many factors to get the perfect hit with my enhancements. She actually was debating on asking me to do it again. She found it fun. But she doesn't like pain. Even though her ability gives her vitality rather quickly, she still feels the pain. When you pointed out her falling before she entered she got embarrassed. That much she practically told you. She wasn't expecting you to hit her at practically the same moment it took you to get so far away. When she got back up I couldn't get into her mind. She was defensive, I think because she wasn't actually expecting the flip to occur so soon. When you punched her, that is when I was able to grasp her thoughts once more. Her whole mind went numb and then when the pain kicked in, she realized what had happened and was shocked. She knew you could hit hard, she didn't think about how your speed would impact her body. She did think of the irony of her day becoming worse and seemed to chuckle in her thoughts. Overall, she was impressed with today. She was worried she would fail."

If anyone else would have said so much so slowly I would have left. But hearing about the girl and how she thought was very interesting to me. Most of the time, Wanda only tells me little things she thinks I need to know so I don't become the jerk in the situation. Which usually happens anyway.

"So, do you think we will be able to work with her alright?" I am really curious what my sister thinks now.

"I think so. She seems genuine. It's refreshing. I like her. Only time will tell if we can actually make this work." Wanda answers seriously.

"I think we can make it work too." I agree with her.

"As long as you don't try to kill her again. You might run her off Pietro." Wanda seems serious but the look on her face tells me she is joking.

"If I killed her, she wouldn't be able to run." I pause to see my sister's reaction and she simply bumps my shoulder with her's and rolls her eyes. "And if I didn't kill her and she tried to run, it wouldn't work because I would catch up to her."

<<<<<<<<<< Christine's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

As I close the door behind me, I am completely content. Sure, I may have been late but I do know how to make an entrance. Right? "You did trip and fall flat on your face right before entering..." I think. "Shut up brain."

I let go of my neck when I notice that any trace of pain is completely gone. I need to remember that I'm not dealing with kids. He could have killed me. I shouldn't be so happy about my near death experience but I strangely am. I head towards my new room and decide I should take a shower. Almost dying sure makes a girl sweat. It isn't until I close and lock my door that I realize just how tired my body really is from recovering my vitals. Mending bone takes much more energy than I remember. I head to the bathroom and wash all my cares away. Along with the sweat and grime from my short frame. When I get out, I go to my new closet and find random "super agent" type of clothing. I still haven't unpacked my luggage so I just change into some casual HQ attire. When I'm changed I try to quickly unpack my bags and place my things where I want them. This room is dull and although I hated this day earlier in the morning, it isn't too bad. Optimism. Yay! Unpacking is much easier than packing. I remember that I brought some books, trinkets, and simple jewelry and put them in their rightful places. As soon as I'm finished putting the books on a shelf, there is a knock at my door. I open my door and see my lovely cousin.

"Mars! Come in! I want to tell you everything!" I say excitedly.

"That's why I came by! Clint told me you were late this morning so I brought you chocolate because I thought you would be sad. Since you aren't, I guess I'll just have to eat it." Maria jokes with me.

"I was sad at first. I shouldn't have drank so much last night! I slept in without wanting to do so and I paid the price. I ran here after the cab got stuck in traffic near the school."

"The school is like a seven minute drive from here!" Maria tells me.

"I know. I ran it. I got caught my Rogers before I could get in. And then right before I made it to the training room doors, I fell! The worst part is, they all heard it from inside! This morning didn't start off well at all!" I say. At this point Maria and I are both sitting on my new standard bed and I'm slightly bouncing. Maria is smiling at me.

"I thought the day could only get worse but it didn't! Barton introduced me in a lovely fashion and the twins were rather accepting. I was so worried! We started training and Pietro has more skill in simple combat than I thought. Wanda didn't so I now know their strengths and weaknesses in that area. Wanda impressed me with her enhancements and Pietro broke my neck." I say this really fast and Mars is smiling until I get to the whole neck breaking incident.

"Wait. He broke your neck? He could have killed you!" She says loudly.

"I know! But he didn't! They both have a good amount of control. A little rough around the edges but nothing permanent." I say casually.

"So your day turned out well?" She asks hopefully.

"Yeah... Yeah I guess it did!" I smile at her.

"Will you stay and train them then? At the end of the day it is your decision..." Maria asks me a very important question.

"That is a tough decision. I mean, I was technically 'killed' today...." I tell her with a sad expression. She seems worried.

"Of course I'm going to stay! I can't leave the twins now! The have so much potential I haven't even seen yet! Tomorrow I plan on working with Wanda on her reality warping and I'll work with Pietro on his hit strategy. I hope they like me." I finish with a dramatic fling of my limbs as I lay back on the bed.

"I just came from seeing them. They don't hate you. They were confused by your kindness. But they will warm-up to you, I know it." Maria tells me.

With that, Maria and I parted ways and I filed a report about what had happened today and filled out a performance chart for each of the twins. I pulled out a notebook and split it in half, the first for Wanda's information and training and the second half for Pietro's. By the time I had finished the notebook set-up, sent in my report and planned tomorrow's training, it was about two hours away from dinner. I decided to get out and find a familiar face to talk to and walk to the cafeteria with. The last thing I wanted was to look like a lost puppy my first night in HQ.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 586 24
you were new to the avengers, but it felt like you were treated as if you were with them since they started. but someone in the group couldn't help b...
28.4K 733 30
"I can handle Speedy." "Speedy? It's Quicksilver." "I like Speedy more." [pietro maximoff x female oc] [age of ultron - ???]
216 3 15
Y/n lived her whole life with Hydra. Not knowing if she ever had a family, or if she had what happened to them. It went on years untill one day she f...
166K 3.3K 13
โ โ™ช ๐…๐ž๐ž๐ฅ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฆ๐ž. ๐ƒ๐จ๐ง '๐ญ ๐›๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐ฒ, ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฆ๐ž. ๐†๐ž๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฏ๐ข๐›๐ž, ๐ข๏ฟฝ...