Chapter 12: Pushing on a Pull Door

[Author's Note: Alright! I'm super excited about this chapter! It was insanely fun to write. I hope you enjoy it! If you want something to happen or have suggestions for future chapters, feel free to contact me! Remember: Constructive Criticism is highly appreciated!]

<<<<<<<<<< Natasha's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

Wanda: He told me he would try.

Maria: What do you mean he will "try?"

Me: I still think he needs a little nudge. What do you think?

Wanda: Go ahead.

Wow. Getting the all-clear from Wanda, she must really want to see these two together. By this point I would go as far as saying Christine and Pietro are our -what did Chris call it?- OTP. It shouldn't be too hard to push him in the right direction. But having some reinforcements in place may work in our favor. 

"Hey, Clint. You busy?" I ask as I walk into Clint's room.

"Nah. What's up Nat?" He asks me from his place in what he calls the 'reading nest.'

"Pietro and Christine. What all do you know about it?" I ask bluntly. No point in dancing around the situation.

"Not much really. It isn't officially a thing. But I'm not blind to the stolen glances and the flirtatious teasing." He tells me.

"It seems that our little Chris hasn't really caught on to that yet. Its been confirmed that he is actually flirting with her." I tell my partner as I sit in the chair beside him.

"Pietro flirts with everyone." Clint shrugged.

"Not when Chris is there. When we went to eat before dress shopping the waitress was flirting with him, instead of flirting back, Pietro became uncomfortable and it was obvious why." I stated.

"Things that you catch, other people don't Nat." Clint reasoned.

"Wanda and Maria caught on too." I told him.

"What about Christine?" He asked.

"She was too angry about the waitress flirting with him that she wasn't noticing his reaction to it." I shrugged.

"And by what you just told me, sounds like Speedy was doing the same." He suggested.

"Exactly." I agreed.

"So, have any of you girls tried talking to Chris about it." He asked me.

"Yeah. We all brought it up to her last night while we were getting ready and then Maria brought it up to her again. You know how Christine is when it comes to dating." I tell him.

"Has anyone tried talking to Pietro."

"Wanda just finished talking with him now." I informed him.

"What did he have to say about it."

"From what Wanda said, I think he confirmed his feelings and told her he would 'try'." I reply flatly.

"What the hell does that mean?" He asks.

"That's why I think it's time to step in." I grin.

"I'm guessing you have a plan?" He hints.

"Well I doubt I could up with anything as good as the 'Shirt Incident.'" I told him.

"Okay, that was a once-in-a-lifetime sort of thing and I doubt that it will ever be topped. But as far as I can tell, they are both stupidly stubborn. That will make this 'mission' even more challenging." He said.