Adoration

By LittleOne1792

As Cora approaches her 22nd Birthday she starts to feel smothered in her relationship due to her overbearing... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven

Chapter Five

391 19 3
By LittleOne1792

"Miss when did this all start?" The Police officer asked, his voice lacking any concern and mannerisms suggesting he couldn't care less.

The cold police station was empty tonight besides a drunken woman slumped on a seat waiting for her partner to be let out after a brawl in the town centre.

"Yesterday" I tapped my fingers on the counter in hopes he would speed this up. 

"Unfortunately miss seen as he hasn't made an attempt to break into your home and hasn't tried to hurt you or even be face to face there isn't much we can do with it only starting yesterday. If he tries to contact you again or he makes an attempt to confront you ring us then. It most likely is a friend trying to scare you because they have a crush on you. Take it as a compliment." The last part he mutters under his breath but I still catch it. 

"Is that all that can be done?" 

He nods his head before swirling his chair around to talk with the other police officer on night duty. Beau grabs my shivering hands and pulls me out clearly just as upset as me. "You are staying at mine tonight" He says opening the car door for me. 

He is usually the calmest person in the room. However right now I can feel a buzzing energy coming off him. He drops his head to the steering wheel. "They don't take anything seriously" He pauses, his mascara smudged on his bottom lashes no longer makes him look sexy and androgynous, he looks exhausted. 

"When I was 18 my mama took me to speak to the police, a lad, about 30, kept beating me up. A typical bigot who couldn't dislike me from a far he felt the need to prove his masculinity to his mates. I never knew whether it was because of my race or my sexuality but I think either was an excuse for him. I made a report but it turned out the guy was the head officers nephew. Nothing happened".

"So how did it end?" I grabbed his hand running my fingers over his red nail polish. 

"He moved out of town... after I set his car on fire and emailed his wife saying he was cheating on her". He awkwardly smiled, driving away. 

Hearing Beau's story made me feel different than I had before coming out tonight.  Despite everything completely against him, he came out victorious. I have only had a sense of freedom for a short time and there is no way I'm letting this pervert stop me from enjoying myself. 

"I just want to go home , I need my own bed". Beau tried to persuade me but eventually gave in. The flat was exactly how I left it, I took of the hoodie and sweatpants I had quickly thrown on and headed straight to bed.

*

It was 12pm when I woke up. I usually try to wake up at ten after work but last night gave me permission to sleep in later. 

I saunter out of bed in my underwear, making a cuppa before having my morning shower, My sofa feels extra soft due to my sleepy state and I could fall back asleep. Looking around I see the mess that has accumulated over the short few days. One by one I pick up bits and bobs. 

An open DVD case on the tv stand, a few random mugs on the kitchen top and a single ribbon on the coffee table. 

The other ribbon appears to have fallen under the sofa but  fearing laying my body against the cold floor I leave it  for when I want to wear it hopefully it is actually there and I haven't lost it. Making use of the single ribbon I tie my hair in a ponytail. 

*
My bare face hits the cold as I walk to the supermarket.  Frost, lines car windows and mothers push prams with bundled up babies. I look over the field adjacent to the road and see a group of horses huddled together for warmth. My arm stretches over the fence towards the sole horse on his own and stroke the gorgeous beast. He pushes up against my hand with gratitude for spreading my warmth. 

Continuing my walk the wind's whistle harmonises with my foot steps.

As well as a second pair of footsteps a mere second later. 

Almost in time with mine each footstep sounds not too far behind me following no matter which corner I turn. Testing the theory frantically dancing round my mind. I pause slightly waiting to hear the mysterious footsteps continue but they do not. They pause. 

The silence tells me it is V. 

One look behind me and I could see him , identify him and go back to the police. My shaking body twitches under his stare forcing me to turn my head. 

A figure.

Black hoodie,

Black Cargo trousers,

Silver rings,

Grey face mask, 

A slight hint of light brown hair, 

Brown eyes, 

Scars.

A scar lays against his face from the corner of his eye towards his ear. It is faded white suggesting it is old. My insides squirm at the thought of a knife that close to my eyeball. I feel him smirking at my discomfort even if I can't see it. 

I can see my breath in the air as my chest heaves.
"Leave me alone" I croak out trying my best to sound calm and assertive. 

He stays put, not even slightly hesitant at me speaking to him directly. I can see he is holding something but can't quite make it out. What if its a knife? Stepping back slightly he tilts his head, almost like he is challenging me. 

Another step back. He shakes his head at me, an ominous warning radiates off him hitting me bluntly in the chest. 

Don't move Cora. 

"I won't move but drop what you have. On the floor." My voice wobbles and I can tell his is enjoying seeing me so afraid. Maybe even getting off on it.

With his right hand he drops the item on the floor. A flower. 

A Black Dahlia to be exact. But something else. I step forward cautiously still keeping my distance. My black ribbon wrapped around the stem. It all forms in my mind, like when the image of a jigsaw becomes suddenly clear. The other night the Dahlia I thought was as an apology gift from Nadia was from V all along. 

What I fool I have been.

At home right now the flower sits on my bedside table slowly wilting. 

On the further inspection and thought my mind leads me to the truth, That is the Dahlia from my nightstand. The petals curled with age and the discolouration. And the ribbon. From under my sofa. 

What if it was not there? What if he had already taken it? Was he in the flat when I was?

As if he can read my mind he steps forward , picking up the cursed flower, heading towards me.

"No.." I gasped, stopping him in his tracks. He could only be a metre and a half away from. His appearance becomes clearer. His eyes shine a hazelnut brown, matching his hair that flows down his face shaped like 90's curtains. A hint of fatigue lays under his eyes leaving behind darkness. I know he is smirking again as I examine him. 

"Get a good look?" He rough voice shocks me.

"Why are you doing this to me?" 

"For you.." His stare never moves from me, like I'm his prey.

"What do you mean?" 

"I'm doing this all for you. You won't know it now but I am the answer to all your problems."

I snort a laugh, shocked at how cocky and deluded this man is, since he has come into my life he has been nothing but a problem.

"You can laugh little bunny but I am. I'll be the fix you need. For your dreams of becoming a director, your constant need for freedom that never seems to be possible, even that itch you can't seem to scratch." I get what he is hinting at, my lack of sexual relief. He steps forward till his feet align with mine and my chest is ever so gently pressed to his. 

He has got so perfectly close it almost feels like we aren't touching. Just skimming each other. 

"I know how you pray to feel something when she touches you", he finger runs up my arm leaving goosebumps . I should run but I feel frozen. " I can be the God you deeply wish would answer."

He leans in the sent of Black coffee and ginger intoxicates me. The closer he gets the more I feel his breath against my skin, warmth spreads down my neck towards my chest. My stalkers lips so close to my neck I should be bolting away but I'm not. His husky voice whispers in my ear before leaving.

"The God you pathetically beg for".

I nibble the inside of my cheek a sickening feeling fills me with disgust. I'm wet.

And he knows it. 

/////////

Hiya!

Please tell me how you feel about the story so far ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 13.1K 17
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
343K 7.8K 170
Gu Zi transmigrated into a novel and became a character in a story about a true and false rich heiress . While others who transmigrated into novels b...
3.1M 131K 59
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.5M 82.4K 82
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...