MIRACLE

By YDANita

Khushi feels betrayed when Arnav agrees to send her back to Laxminagar at Anjali's insistence. What changes t... More

Chapter 1 - Betrayal- Dagaa
Chapter 2 - Destination - Manzil
Chapter 3 - Khushi's Miracle
Chapter 4 -Her Samaritans
Chapter 5 - Endorphin- Happiness
Note
Chapter 6 - Arnav's Miracle
Chapter 7 - Fair Play
Chapter 8 - Khushi is Khushi
Chapter 10 - A Wonderful Life (Epilogue)

Chapter 9 - Flaw- less

4.1K 227 20
By YDANita

Aakash had a calm personality. He didn't get upset, angry, or excited very easily or very often. In other words, he was an Even-tempered person. Whether it's a man or woman everyone dreamed that he got such a partner. 

In every family, every person has a different personality. Everyone is unique in his own way. In the Raizada family, Arnav was the most headstrong person. Aakash was totally opposite to him. If Arnav was a fire then Aakash was the water. Whenever Arnav hurt someone with his words or actions Aakash used to soothe them. It was his nature. Aakash knew that Arnav is a troubled soul. He loses his head even on a small incident. He didn't like sharing his innermost fear with anyone. He always tried to support his brother and kept doing it to date.

 In the initial days, Aakash always consoled Khushi whenever Arnav tortured her. Perhaps it was one of the reasons Khushi supported Aakash & Payal's relationship. She was always on his side. was he on Khushi's side? It was the big question. What would be his response if his brother asked him to refuse to marry Payal on the wedding day? This question was not important now but it was why Khushi Khushi took that decision. Why did she scumble to Arnav's demand? It means she was sure that Aakash will obey his brothers. It means she was sure that he will abandon her sister at the mandap. It means she was ready to sacrifice herself for her sister's marriage. 

 He saw how his mother was treating Payal & Khushi. But his father, Nani Ji & Anjali Di were showering their love on them. So he hoped that one day Gupta sister's good nature will change his mother's behavior too. But now he was regretting it. His silence proved that Khushi was right about him. But he never dreamt that Arnav will take advantage of his calm nature & will force her to get married without bothering about the consequences. Today he understood that the extreme of everything is bad. After being so composed throughout his whole life, Aakash became shaky. He understood that he need to show that he will not accept everything quietly. He desperately wanted to find Khushi. He wanted to tell Khushi that he really loves his sister & he will protect her. He wanted to tell her that he was not a coward. 

For two months Payal not even give him a glance. She was doing household chores like a robot. So many times he saw her crying. But whenever he tried to approach her she bluntly denied it. He knew he was his wife's culprit. Every day burden of his guilt was increasing. His heart was shattered into many pieces on the day when Payal broke down in his father-in-law's arm. It was a shame that instead of his husband, his father-in-law consoled her. Whole Shanti Niwas were shocked by Payal's cry. He knew that Payal will not believe when he agreed to his punishment. But at that time he kept quiet. He wanted to show by his action how serious was he. How guilty was he? 

For the whole year, their relationship was on pause. But Aakash was trying his best. In a year he changed a lot. He included the word 'No' in his dictionary. Now he was not obeying his elders blindly. He started to take his own decision. He knew that there will make a few mistakes. But he was ready to make those mistakes to improve himself as a human, as a person. 

Along with that, he approached a counselor. He wanted to help his wife who was hurt badly by him & his family. he knew that she is experiencing strong emotions such as worry, despair, and frustration. But, he didn't know what to do, how to console her, how to approach her. He wanted to be supportive and listen to her inner turmoils. But he was worried that maybe she will get it wrong, or he can say the wrong thing. He didn't want to hurt in any way during this difficult time. Along with that, he had his own worries and concerns about his sister-in-law. So he decided to discuss with a counselor . He honestly narrated the whole story to Dr. Batra.

Aakash I am happy that you realized the gravity of the situation. Now next step is to support your wife in this grave situation. She is emotionally very weak right now. So she may not show you that she needed you but in actuality, you are the best person who can support her. At this time her parents can not take care of her because they themselves are going through the same situation. They all are feeling guilty & their emotions are on the higher side. 

I know doctor. Please guide me on how can I show my support to my wife. 

Listening while she shares her worries is one of the most useful things you could do. Try not to offer solutions or make judgments. It is okay if you're not sure what to say. Listening is actually the best thing you can do. Be aware that Payal may show strong emotions, or cry. This might make you upset and tearful yourself. It is okay to be sad. If you can sit with someone whilst they cry or feel angry or emotional, this is still an amazing way of supporting them.

But she is not talking with me at all. How can I show my support in this situation?

Aakash, she is not angry with you but also angry with herself. That is why she is behaving like that. So practical help is most important at this time. Help her in a direct or indirect way. Help her with whatever domestic work she does in routine. Take care of her parents. She will oppose initially but with time she will accept your help. Just don't give up & don't take any of her words to heart. Take care that she is taking her meals on time & taking proper rest. 

Thank you, Doctor. I understood what step I have to take. I will come again for your guidance. Aakash shake hands with Dr. Batra & started to move. 

Aakash one more thing I want to add is that I know you are affected badly too. I also know that you need to provide a lot of support to your wife & family. Make sure you are aware of your own energy levels and how well you are managing yourself. It is likely to put a strain on you emotionally, and you may need someone to talk to. It's ok too if you are not able to fulfill all the responsibilities & fail once in a while. It's also important to keep up with things like eating and sleeping so that you don't exhaust yourself. I am here to help you. You can talk about your worries whenever you feel overburdened. Dr. Batra concluded with a smile.

I will surely come back, doctor. I know I am going to need your help more than ever.

Aakash started to help Payal as advised by the doctor. He made sure that she keep eating & take proper rest. He started to give regular calls to the Househelp for Payal's meals. If she refused to eat something, the household would bring something else for her to eat. Aakash used to wait for his wife at night till she lie down on the bed & fall asleep. His diary was updated for regular visits to his in-laws' house along with doctor's appointments.

Payal noticed those changes but she still maintained a distance. Her pain was too deep, too raw. Her sister was still missing so she ignored everything else. Initially, she felt that Aakash was feeling guilty which is why he is doing all this drama to show his concern. But he will stop after a while. He will ignore it after a while &  again will start to prioritize his family. But she was wrong. With the passage of time, his care & concern didn't diminish. Payal was not allowing him to follow along but that didn't mean that he stepped back. He was standing just behind her to give her full support. 

One day he received a very disturbing call from the police station. He knew that if he will tell Payal the same information then she will break down. But he has to talk to Payal, he has no other way. 

Payal.....

She didn't speak but she looked at him with questioning eyes. 

We have to visit the police station.

Why? Payal asked in a confused tone. Aakash didn't meet her eyes. 

They want to do some inquiries regarding Khushi. He couldn't tell the whole truth. A few minutes back he received a call from the police station. They found a body of a young woman. They wanted them to check if it is Khushi. How can he tell Payal about it? Payal instantly picked up her purse & said. Let's go Aakashi ji. 

Aakash nodded his head. He was very anxious but tried his best not to show any emotions on his face. It was a silent ride. 

Did they tell you anything else? 

They didn't tell me anything. They just ask me to come to the police station. 

I hope it is a piece of good news. If we will get any information on Khushi's whereabouts then can we go to the temple from there? 

Sure Payal.

Mr. Aakash, we find a body that fits your sister-in-law's description. So we asked you to check for confirmation.

What are you saying, inspector? How can you think like that? My sister is alive. Payal blasted at Inspector. 

Mrs. Raizada it is just my assumption. That is why I called you to confirm. It is our procedure. She is missing since last year. 

Payal please don't cry. I know it's not Khushi. We have to once checked & confirm. That is all. Let's finish the procedure & then we will go to the temple. Don't you want to prey on Khushi's safety? 

Aakash's soothing words consoled her soul. She nodded with teary eyes. 

Aakash Ji, I don't want to see anybody's body. 

Ok, I will do it. You stay here. I will be back in 5 minutes. Those five minutes were like two hours for Payal. Her heart was denying that it can't be her Khushi, but her mind was anxious. She was very restless. She was on a verse of breakdown when Aakash appeared from that room where he went a few minutes ago.  

He gave her a smile. That smile reassured her that there is still hope for her sister's return. That smile reassured her that her world is not collapsed. That smile reassured her that everything is ok. A smile conveyed so many messages. After a year she looked properly at Aakash's face. He lost weight. There were worry lines on his face but still, she saw the love & concern for herself. After a year she hugged her husband & cried. 

She is not Khushi Payal. Khushi is fine somewhere & waiting for us to approach her. Let's go & pray for her. I am sure one day God will listen to our pleas. Aakash spoke softly. Payal was not able to speak anything. She was totally broken. Every human being needs a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold, and a person to stay with. Today Payal let all the anger go & hold Aakash's hand. She needed support & her husband was there so she took it without any grudges. It was a long road to forgive Aakash but she took the first step. 

The problems that family members of disappeared persons face are complex and can be overwhelming. Besides the uncertainty about the fate of their relatives, they usually have to cope with mental problems as well. Many relatives have searched in vain for their loved ones, year after year. The same thing was happening with Payal. Aakash understood it. Slowly their relationship started to come on track & family was happy for them. 

Aakash was also waiting for Khushi's return like all other members of the family. He wanted to show her that he is not a coward. He wanted to show her that he is not as weak as the other presumes. He wanted to show her that he never let Payal go on Arnav's command. He wanted to show her that he tried his best to keep her sister happy. Like a child wait to show his performance to his teacher Aakash wanted to show his efforts to Khushi. He wanted to tell her so many things. But the person who he wanted to tell all these things was far far away. She was too focused on her daughter & on her life that she didn't have time to think about the Raizada family. She was too hurt to bother about them. She was having her own life. She stopped living for others a year back. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 5.1K 10
Arnav: Why is it always me? Can't i deserve a happy life? Why is it happening to us again and again? Khushi: Why is it always me? Can't i deserve a...
204K 12.8K 17
My re-take on ArShi's remarriage. Arnav and Khushi were going to get married again in front of the whole family. On the day of marriage Dadi disclos...
41.3K 3.1K 19
A short story about my beloved Arshi.. Little intense.. Nafrat Paas Ane na de..Mohabbat dur Jana na de..
78.5K 3.2K 18
REMARRIAGE TRACK BUT ARNAV REFUSED TO MARRY KHUSHI. WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT... WILL SHE EVER FORGIVE HIM. WILL THEY END UP TOGETHER? I don't own the...