Ultimate Kaisen

By ShinobiThreeSixty

He was supposed to be dead. After sacrificing himself to save the Ultimates, Ben finds himself not in the aft... More

Far From Home
Settling In
Back in Action
Welcome to Jujutsu Tech Part 1
A New Team
First Mission Part 1
First Mission Part 2
Aftershock
Inner Strength
Stepping Into the Light
Ultimate Kaisen Opening
One Step Forward
An Unusual Encounter
When Extremes Meet
That Which Lingers
Those Whom Prey On The Weak
Lost Innocence
Announcement; Side Stories?!

Welcome to Jujutsu Tech Part 2

654 15 5
By ShinobiThreeSixty

Guilt and self loathing were the emotions that plagued Yuji. Though one would initially expect the reason behind it to be from his experience just a few hours before, that wasn't the case.

Once he regained consciousness,he found himself detained to a chair, unable to move his hands due to them being tied behind said chair. He was in a room lit with numerous yellow laterns on the floor encased in glass . The walls were covered with numerous papers all written in Japanese Kanji, but that wasn't even the most unsettling part. That honor belonged to the man who brought him here; Satoru Gojo.

Satoru sat directly in front of him with his chair turned backwards, allowing him to rest his hands on the top. His ever-present grin and laid back tone only added to the tension Yuji felt once he explained his current predicament to him.

Due to now becoming the vessel of Sukuna after ingesting the latter's fingers, Satoru's superiors had demanded for Yuji's execution immediately. The only reason why it hadn't taken effect yet was because Satoru had asked for it to be suspended in order to reach an agreement with Yuji. Yuji was presented two choices; To either die by Satoru's hand there and then,or to help them gather and ingest all of Sukuna's fingers and then meet his end.

Why the second option existed was because the cursed object of Sukuna's fingers was so powerful that it was impossible to destroy. However, with the presence of Yuji as his vessel,if the former were to be destroyed after ingesting all the fingers, Sukuna and his powers would be gone forever.

As stated earlier, this was not the primary source of Yuji's despair, even though it would make sense if it was. Rather, after being released by Satoru in order for him to come to a decision on his own terms,Yuji had met up with his friends, Setsuko and Takeshi,or as Yuji calls them,Sasaki- Senpai and Iguchi-Senpai.

The duo were in the home of Setsuko, having been admitted from the hospital as their injuries were minor, and even then, it was only Takeshi that sustained any. Even though this was a desirable outcome in that their lives were not lost,or hindered in anyway,Yuji still blamed himself for putting them in danger in the first place due to giving them Sukuna's finger to keep hold of. Despite their attempts to comfort and assure Yuji, the latter departed with a obviously forced smile,as deep down,he had sunken into more despair than when he had come to see them.

Now in present time, during the day,Yuji is seen sitting on a bench with his usual attire, the only difference being that his hood is green, not yellow. As Yuji sat on the right side of the bench, sitting on the left side was Satoru. Satoru sat with his legs crossed, which was in deep contrast to Yuji's opened legs. They sat in front of a wide,three story building that was black with blue roofings.

"Who passed away?" Asked Satoru.

"My Grandpa. Although he was like a father to me." Replied Yuji sadly.

"I see. Sorry it happened at a time like that." Said Satoru sincerely. For a brief moment, there was silence between the two.

"So have you decided what you want to do?" Asked Satoru.

"Are casualties like these from curses pretty common?" Asked a reluctant Yuji.

"This one was a rather exceptional case. But in terms of the damage,it happens all the time." Began Satoru.

"It's a good night when someone dies a normal death after encountering a curse. Finding a body that's all torn apart is on the better end of the outcomes." Yuji gulped as he looked at Satoru with evident discomfort. Eventually,he looked away to the ground.

"If you plan to hunt down Sukuna, you're going to witness some gruesome scenes, and I can't guarantee you won't end up that way yourself." Said Satoru as he placed his right index finger underneath his nose as he smiled.

"So...chose your hell." Yuji looked even more downcast than before.

The duo were now inside the building, which was now revealed to be a crematory as the room they were in,lit with a hole carved on the wall in the shape of a small window. The bony remains of a corpse on a sliver bed was the most eye catching thing about it. Yuji stood beside it to his left, and looked at it with deep sorrow,as the remains were that of his grandfather who had passed just yesterday.

'You're a strong kid,so help others.' Were his grandfather's last words. And upon hearing those words,Yuji clenched his fists. Satoru leaned on the wall behind him, wondering what Yuji's next move would be.

"If all the parts of Sukuna was gone, would there be fewer people who get harmed by curses?" Asked Yuji who was using two wooden sticks to add the contents of a silver cooler onto the charred bones. The contents; fingernails,most likely the only remains of his grandfather he had left.

"Of course." Replied Satoru with a small smile. Yuji then set aside the sticks, and covered the lid of the cooler. His eyes were still glued on his grandfather, but it was evident that he was deep in thought. Slowly,he raised his head until he was able to look at Satoru.

"Do you still have that finger?" Satoru responded by bringing out a finger from his pocket,to which Yuji accepted.

"Looking at it again, it's pretty disgusting." Said Yuji, not thrilled in the slightest about what he was going to do. Satoru took a few steps back until he was in front of the door,to which he rested his elbow on it while looking at Yuji.

Bracing himself for what came next with a gulp,Yuji opened his mouth wide and raised the finger directly in front of his mouth. He then immediately threw it into his mouth and swallowed it whole with his eyes closed in apparent agony.

'Well, that's the second one. One tenth of the whole. What's going to happen?' Thought Satoru. With his eyes still closed, the black markings once again appeared on Yuji's face. As soon as they appeared, Yuji's eyes shot wide open,as if he had overwhelming sensation. With his head ducked down,Yuji held his chest as he groaned in pain. Bracing himself for the the worst, Satoru slightly raise his left hand to his waist.

His hands still holding his chest, Yuji began slowly walking towards Satoru, gasping for air with each step. He then came to a stop in front of Satoru, facing the wall instead with his head still ducked down. His lower eyes had opened, indicating that Sukuna was gradually beginning to take control. His unexpected laughter followed up with it made things even more unsettling.

Satoru was pleasantly surprised however,as Yuji stood up to face him with his tongue outstreched in disgust. Upon doing so,it could be seen that the markings had disappeared, and his lower eyes were closed, indicating that Yuji was in full control of his body.

"Gross!so gross it's funny." Said Yuji through his outstretched tongue, causing Satoru to grin with his arms crossed.

'That settles it. It's not just a physical tolerance. He can control himself against Sukuna with no issue.' Yuji had looked as he began to pant,most likely getting over the discomfort from earlier.

'We haven't seen someone with talent like that in a thousand years.'

"Something wrong?" Asked Yuji,now fully regaining his composure.

"Oh, it's nothing." Said Satoru before he walked to directly in front of Yuji with his left index finger and thumb cupped under his chin.

"I take it this means you've steeled your resolve?" He asked with his left index finger pointed out.

"Not at all." Answered Yuji honestly with his hands on his waist. He then raised his head up.

"I'm still wondering why I have to be executed." He turned away from Satoru with his right hand behind his head. Satoru then turned to his right side to look at him.

"But I can't just do nothing about the curse." He was looking at a picture of his grandfather placed on the table.

"That last request is going to be a pain in my ass." He said with dismay. His expression suddenly changed into a serious one,as he had now made up his mind on what he wanted to do. He walked forward slightly before stopping.

"I'll eat every part of Sukuna. I don't care what happens from there." He then looked back at Satoru.

"I've already decided how I'm going to die."

"Nice!I like people like you." Said Satoru, grinning widely.

"Sounds like a fun hell awaits." He said with his hands in his pockets before turning away to walk towards the entrance.

"Make sure you're packed by the end of the day." Said Satoru, causing Yuji to look at him in confusion.

"We going somewhere?" Satoru pressed a button on the wall with his left hand, causing the door to open by the sides. Standing behind the door was Ben and Megumi. Ben in his normal attire with a smile, Megumi with his Jujutsu uniform and a few bandages on his face. More specifically, his forehead, below his right eye, his left cheek, and the right side of his mouth. His expression was a neutral one.

"Tokyo." Both teens said in unison.

"Fushiguro, Tennyson..." Began Yuji with surprise.

"You're both looking good." Said Yuji with enthusiasm,as he gave them both a thumbs with a faint blush on his cheeks.

"You think so after seeing this?" Asked Megumi unamused as he pointed to the bandage on his forehead, causing Ben to chuckle.

"You're going to transfer to the same school for jujutsu sorcerers I attend." Said Megumi with his left hand on his waist.

"Huh?" Said Yuji in confusion.

"Tokyo Metropolitan Jujutsu Technical High School." Responded Satoru, causing Yuji to look towards him.

"By the way, you're the fourth first year." Said a smiling Satoru as he held up four fingers on his right hand.

"Only four?" Said Yuji in disbelief.

"I had the same reaction too." Said Ben with a chuckle as he kept his hands in his pockets.

"What do you mean?" Asked Yuji as he looked at Ben now.

"I'm moving in too, which makes me the third." Said Ben proudly as he pointed his left thumb to himself.

"Woah... Really?" Said Yuji in amazement.

"Yep. Come on, we'll explain more on the way there." Said Ben with a smile.

The setting is a graveyard within the forest.They were at least six statues within the graveyard, each bearing at least one similarity and one difference. They all have bald heads,wide eyes and red scarfs wrapped around their necks. However,they all made different hand symbols.

Yuji himself was seen praying in front of one of the graves, more specifically the 'Itadori Family Grave'. He could be seen wearing a black backpack that was pretty large in size.

"Okay, I'm heading out Grandpa." Said Yuji as he got back to his feet. He then put his hands in his coat pocket and began to walk away from the grave.

Location: Tokyo Metropolitan Jujutsu Technical High School

The school was a broad campus consisting of several buildings build in a traditional Japanese architectural style, operating under the guise of a Buddhist temple. It's building was well hidden on Tokyo's outskirts, far and high in the mountains. They were also a lot of trees around the property to further obscure the location.Some elements other than the buildings reflect the Buddhist theme. There are several statues of deities, shrines, and torii gates around the campus. Currently Yuji, Satoru and Ben were walking down a passage close to the school. The passage itself was filled to the brim with threes and grasses from all corners.

"This is really deep into the mountains. Is this really Tokyo?" Asked Yuji.

"Even Tokyo's like this on the outskirts." Replied Satoru.

"Where's Fushiguro?" Asked Yuji.

"He's been treated by a sorcerer, and now he's fast asleep." Answered Satoru.

"Tokyo Metropolitan Jujutsu Technical High School." Began Satoru.

"It's one of only two jujutsu educational facilities. On the surface, it's known as a private religious school. Many jujutsu sorcerers continue to use it as a base after graduation,so it's a pillar of the jujutsu community not just in education, but for support and mediation in missions." By now, the trio were already outside the entrance of the school.

"Anyway, you're about to have an interview with the principal." Said Satoru as he and the two teens began walking up a set of stairs placed in front of the entrance.

"The principal?" Asked a confused Yuji.

"Screw it up, and he could reject your admission. So go all out." Said Satoru casually. By now,they were inside the school compound.

"Huh?" Said Yuji in shock.

"And what then? Immediate execution?!" Satoru smiled in response, while Ben sighed.

"Hopefully it doesn't come to that." Said Ben with sympathy.

"What?" Said a new voice, causing the three to stop walking.

"So you're not the boss?" Satoru looked at Yuji with curiosity, while Ben did so with caution. Though considering the circumstances, the latter reaction was more justified.

On the right side of Yuji's face was the mouth of a grinning Sukuna.

"Any hierarchy other than strength is worthless." Yuji immediately used his right hand to cover his now compromised right side of his face.

"Sorry guys. He pops out sometimes." Said Yuji.

"What an amusing body you have now." Said Satoru with his right hand cupped under his chin.

"I wouldn't call it that. More like creepy." Said Ben with his shoulders slumped. Suddenly, Sukuna's mouth appeared on the back of Yuji's right hand, alarming both boys.

"Not again!" Shouted Yuji in dismay.

"I owe you a favor,brat." Began Sukuna, his words directed towards Ben.

"Once I make this brat's body my own, you'll be the first one i kill." Said Sukuna grinning.

"And you'll be second, for asking him to fight me." Said Sukuna, now directed towards Satoru.

"Not if I have anything to say about it" Began Ben defiantly.

"Even if you somehow take control of Itadori's body, I'll beat you again."

"It's an honor to be targeted by Sukuna." Said a grinning Satoru.

"I really think you should be taking this more seriously." Said an unamused Ben. Yuji then swiftly clamped his left hand over the back of his right.

"This guy's really that famous?" Asked Yuji.

"Ryomen Sukuna is a fierce imaginary god with four arms and two faces. But he's actually a human that really existed, though it was over a thousand years ago." Began Satoru.

"In the golden age of jujutsu, sorcerers gathered up all their might to challenge him and failed. Crowned with the title of Sukuna,we couldn't even destroy his grave wax as he traversed the ages after death as a cursed object. Without a doubt,he is the king of curses."

"You already beat him when you guys fought,so I'm guessing you're stronger than him." Said Yuji as he directed his words towards Ben.

"Heh heh, sorry it had to come to that Itadori." Said Ben as he began to scratch the back of his head in embarrassment.

"No hard feelings, Tennyson. I know you were in a tough spot." Said Yuji with a smile.

"Woah." Said Ben in surprise.

"What is it? Did I say something wrong?" Asked Yuji with worry.

"No...I just didn't expect you to be so understanding. Thanks." Said Ben with sincerely.

"Don't mention it." Said Yuji.

"Right. And on your question, from what I've heard,I only fought with just a fraction of his powers. There's a very chance that beating him at full strength would be very difficult." Said Ben inquisitively.

"Which you don't have to worry about since you have me. Said Satoru proudly.

"Huh? Why do you say that." Asked a confused Yuji.

"Because like I told you before, I'm the strongest." Said Satoru as he walked towards another flight of stairs in front of them that was stationed at the entrance of a hut.

"I can't tell you much,so I may sound really vague. But just...try to be true to yourself once you get in there." Advised Ben, causing Yuji to look at him in confusion.

"Ok." Said Yuji reluctantly, chosing not to question Ben. The teen nodded with a smile on his face, before motioning for Yuji to follow him inside the hut,to which he obliged.

The inside of the hut was lit with candles inside lanterns on long pillars with flat surfaces. They were numerous and were stationed in both sides of the room. Whereas Yuji looked on in curiosity, Ben looked more composed,as if he had been here before.

"You're late,Satoru." Began a voice in front of the three. The three stopped walking in response, and the door behind closed as a result.

"Eight minutes late." The voice added. It's owner was a tall man with short black hair that was shaved at the side of his head, a mustache goatee combination, and wore dark sunglasses. His attire consists of a zipped up long sleeved black jacket, black pants, and black shoes. The man sat on the ground with his legs crossed, and currently he was sowing up from it's back what appeared to be a rather small anima doll. From both of his sides were numerous animal dolls of different sizes and colors.

"But I told you to fix your habit of being late."

'That old dude's making cute things!' Thought an alarmed Yuji.

"If it's not enough to chaste me for,then don't chastise me. You're just making dolls, anyway. What's a measly eight minutes?" Said Satoru before looking towards Yuji who stood at his left. Ben stood at Yuji's left as well, thus putting Yuji in the middle of the two of them.

"That's Principal Yaga Masamichi." Said Satoru.

"That's the boy?" Asked Yaga as he held the sown up doll in his right hand.

"Itadori Yuji!" Greeted Yuji as he bowed.

"I'm into girls like Jennifer Lawrence! Pleased to meet you!"

"What did you come here for?" Asked Yaga, taking Yuji by surprise.

"An interview." Answered a reluctant Yuji.

"But why Jujutsu tech?" Asked Yaga.

"To learn Jujutsu?" Said an unsure Yuji.

"I mean beyond that." Said an unimpressed Yaga.

"What do you hope to find once you've studied curses and learnt how to exorcise them?" He dropped his right hand and raised his head slightly, looking Yuji straight in the eye.

"Well,I mean... I'm going to collect the fingers of Sukuna." Said Yuji with his left palm outstreched.

"It's dangerous to just leave them as it is." He began wiggling his fingers on both hands.

"Why?" Asked Yaga once more, causing Yuji's eyes to narrow in disbelief.

"People you'll never know die every day due to crimes,accidents, and diseases in the natural course of life."

"Here he goes again." Said a grinning Satoru. Ben looked at Yuji with worry, but said nothing.

"But you're telling me you can't overlook it when that death is caused by a curse?"

"It was someone's dying wish. I don't care about the details. I just want to save people." Said Yuji, slightly annoyed.

"A dying wish?" Asked Yaga right before getting to his feet.

"So you're saying you'll fight against curses because someone else told you to?"

"You fail!!" Yuji's eyes widened in surprise. Yaga then stretched his left arm to his side, and exposed his palm. Upon doing so,a doll rose to it's feet with a growl. The doll was similar to a teddy bear. It was green in color, it's hands were slightly bigger than it's legs, it's teeth were exposed in the form of a grin, and it's head had what seemed like a spherical metal hat sewed onto it.

"Those weren't dolls?!" Asked Yuji in disbelief.

"Cursed corpses. They're dolls. Dolls infused with my curse." Said Yaga before motioning his left hand towards Yuji. Upon doing so,in the blink of an eye, the doll appeared in front of Yuji with it's left hand cocked back for a punch. Yuji managed to bring his backpack forward,thus allowing it to take the blow instead.

'It's heavy!' Groaned Yuji before being sent flying to a pillar behind him.

"Is that really a doll?!" Asked Yuji as it began to taunt him by dancing in front of him.

"A person's true nature reveals itself during a crisis. I'll keep attacking you until I get an acceptable answer." Said Yaga.

"Look man,it wasn't just 'someone else'." Said Yuji as he got back to his feet before sprinting towards the doll.

"It was a family member's dying wish!" Yuji managed to sucker punch the doll, sending it flying to the wall behind it's master. It then began to ricochet off surfaces across the room, leaving a perplexed Yuji frozen in place as he didn't know where to except an attack from. He had only gotten even more nervous once the lights within the room went off.

"Shit, where is it?!" Asked Yuji worriedly. Standing on a pillar across Yuji with glowing red eyes, the doll shot towards like a missile before hitting him face first, causing him to roll on his back twice before hitting another pillar.

"Ow..." Said Yuji as he rubbed the back of his head in pain.

"A family member is still 'someone else'." Said Yaga walking forward slightly. Once Yuji stopped rubbing his head,he saw the doll continue with his dancing taunts. This time,it pointed it's behind at Yuji.

'Right, it's a doll. It doesn't get hurt or frightened.' Thought Yuji.

"A jujutsu sorcerer is constantly facing death." Said Yaga as with a lit matchstick,he lit one of the lanterns on a pillar.

"And not just their own death, sometimes you must ignore those murdered by a curse to rend the flesh from it." The doll made numerous facial expressions as it continued to taunt Yuji.

"It's an unpleasant job.You'll have to be a little crazy and highly motivated to handle it."

"You'd do that because someone else told you to? Don't make me laugh!" Yuji looked at Yaga with a frown.

"It'd be more believable if you told me you were doing it to postpone your execution."

"Screw you! I-"

"Are you going to blame your grandfather when you're killed by a curse, too?" Interrupted Yaga as he pointed at Yuji accusingly. This caused Yuji's eyes to widen in surprise.

"You say some pretty damn harsh things,old man." Said Yuji.

"Education is making people realize things." Said Yaga as he began to stroke his beard with his right hand.

"I'm not really..." Began Yuji as he cupped his left hand under his chin. He was immediately met with a right hook from the doll that sent him flying. His body did a backflip in midair as a result, causing his face to be arched upside down

"It's not easy to imagine how you'll feel on the verge of death." Began Yaga.

"However,I can say one thing for certain. At the rate you're going,you could end up cursing your beloved grandfather. Jujutsu sorcerers never die without regret." The doll was about to land another blow as it too stayed in midair.

I'll ask you once more. Why have you come here to Jujutsu tech?"

'I was always better than most in sports and in fights. But never once did I think, 'This is something only I can do.' ' Thought Yuji. With his eyes narrowed due to focus,Yuji ducked the doll's punch, jumped off the pillar behind him, and headbutted it in the gut. Upon tackling it,Yuji came to a rolling stop on the ground, his hands holding the doll by the neck tightly, leaving it to struggle to break free.

"Consuming Sukuna is something only I can do. If I managed to escape my death sentence and ran away from this responsibility. I'd be there eating food, taking a bath,or reading manga. And the moment I stopped to think, I'd go 'Oh,I bet someone's dying because of Sukuna right now' and become depressed." Began Yuji.

" 'That doesn't involve me', 'It's not my fault.' You expect me to just tell myself that?" The flames on one of the candles initially began to shake, before it continued to burn, only this time even brighter than before,thus signalling Yuji's newly formed resolve.

"I refuse to do that." Both Ben and Satoru had warm smiles on their faces.

"I don't know how I'll feel when I'm dying, but I don't want to regret the way I lived!" Declared Yuji with conviction.

"Satoru,Ben. Show him to the dorm." Said Yaga as he turned his back on Yuji. His face had a smile as well.

"Explain the security and everything else to him,too.

"Huh?" Said Yuji in confusion.

"You pass." Said Yaga as he stretched out his left hand to offer a handshake.

"Welcome to Jujutsu Tech." Yuji smiled as a result. But due to being distracted, his grip on the doll loosened, leaving him open to a sucker punch that sent him sprawled across the floor.

"Oh, sorry. I forgot to release the curse." Apologized Yaga as the doll began to dance in triumph with a faint blush on it's cheeks.

"This place is huge!" Said Yuji in surprise upon taking in his new room. Indeed,it was rather spacious, and though it was scanty, the furniture present was pretty well furbished.

"All the second and third years are out at the moment." Explained Satoru as Yuji sprawled on the bed.

"Hello!" Shouted Yuji in delight as he opened his slider door that led to the outdoors.

"Is anybody home?" Asked Yuji as he opened his empty wardrobe.

"But you'll meet them soon enough. They aren't many of them."

"But, there's really no reason for you to fight,too, is there?"

"Fushiguro, Tennyson and I could retrieve Sukuna's fingers. You could just wait here." Suggested Satoru.

"It's fine! I said I'd do it, and I'm doing it!" Said Yuji as he just finished setting up a poster of a blonde woman with a black bikini sitting with her legs crossed to the side on beach sand.

"Though lazing around..." Began Yuji in thought.

"While Fushiguro and Tennyson come in all beaten up to bring me a finger would be a funny sight.

"That's true." Said Satoru with a chuckle.

"Hey now, don't get any ideas Itadori." Said Ben with annoyance that proved to be fake as he eventually began to chuckle as well.

"Well,I know there's no way in hell you're not gonna fight." Said Satoru with his right hand behind his head.

"Hey! You were testing me?" Asked Yuji with a mixture of shock and annoyance as he sat on his bed. Satoru then stood in front of him with his right index finger a few inches away from Yuji's lip.

"If they were that easy to find,we would've found them all already. Some have a presence that's overwhelming. Some keep very quiet. Some have already been absorbed by a cursed spirit." Explained Satoru.

"There's nothing more troublesome when it comes to searching for them. But now we have you." Satoru placed his finger on Yuji's chest, causing the latter to hold his stomach with his left hand and look at it.

"The Sukuna within you will tell us where the fingers are to try and regain his power. You're both vessel and locator, our very own radar. So we won't get anywhere without you on the field." Said Satoru now standing straight.

"You think he's going to be that nice?" Asked Yuji.

"I think we can come to a win-win agreement there." Said Satoru as the three came outside of Yuji's room. Unbeknownst to them,a door across from them also opened, and coming out of it was Megumi.

"You're next door?" Asked Satoru.

"Oh, Fushiguro? You look like you're doing well now." Said Yuji. Megumi began to scratch the back of his head as he avoided eye contact. Megumi wore casual clothes instead, sporting a grey juggers and a dark but baggy long sleeved shirt.

"They were plenty other empty rooms, weren't there?" Asked Megumi, his question directed towards Satoru.

"But isn't livelier better? I thought it'd be good for-"

"Classes and missions are enough. This was an unwelcome favor." Megumi said, interrupting Satoru. His irritation was evident,as due to his arms being crossed, and his eyes diverted away from Satoru,he didn't notice Yuji standing in front of his door.

"Wow, it's so organized." Said Yuji ok astonishment, his head peeping through the room due to the door being opened.

"I just said you're unwelcome!" Said an annoyed Megumi before slamming the door on Yuji's face.

"Good grief." Said Ben as he shook his head in disappointment.

"Tennyson,do you live here now too?" Asked Yuji.

"Yeah, farther across from here. But it's more like a temporary thing since I can always leave my home." Said Yuji.

"So you have like two homes now?" Asked Yuji.

"More or less." Said Ben, causing Yuji's eyes to widen in surprise.

"Considering that you also had to do the interview with Principal Masamichi, I'd say that's not a bad payoff." Reasoned Megumi.

"Maybe but the interview was more of a cakewalk for me,so no biggie." Said Ben proudly.

"Oh yeah. I'm guessing you were able to beat that doll with your powers." Said Yuji.

"Oh I didn't have to fight it." Said Ben.

"What? Then what did you do?" Asked a surprised Yuji.

"I got his question right first try,so I gained my admission pretty quickly as a result." Said Ben casually.

"What did you say?" Asked Yuji.

"Along the lines of what you said. About how I'm the only one that can do the things I do because of my powers, and that it's my responsibility to make sure that I can use them to keep people." Said Ben with sincerity.

"Woah." Said Yuji in astonishment.

"Basically,I was true to myself. It's why I got it first try."

"So that's what you meant..." Yuji cupped his left hand under his chin as he began to think back on his previous conversation with Ben.

"Well, it's all good." Said a smiling Satoru as he clamped his hands together.

"More importantly, we're heading out tomorrow!" His childlike enthusiasm wasn't lost on the three teens,as they all looked at him with curiosity.

"We're gonna go pick up the fourth first year."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 104 19
set 4 years after Gwen 10 classic. since the ending of Gwen 10 classic gwen has taken off the omnitrix, and has returned to a normal life. However wh...
89.9K 2K 18
You'd think that in a world filled with Super Heroes, aliens would be a normal thing. Heck the romanticized version of heroes from old comics has alw...
9.8K 281 11
After a road trip throughout the country and across the state, dealing with Knights, mushrooms, sea creatures and gangs. Ben and his friends return b...
14.4K 537 10
After the unfortunate accident, Y/n L/n is now reincarnated into another world with the Ten Shadows cursed technique. The journey in another world wi...