It was always written โœ”๏ธ

By Aax_axxx

Sequel to 'Maybe it was never meant to be...' Follow Ayla's daughter, Alayna. Who's going through her hard hu... More

Dedication
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
๐Ÿ—ฃAnnouncement ๐Ÿ—ฃ
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Final A/N
Covers

Chapter 25

262 10 16
By Aax_axxx

"Woh humsafar tha. Magar usse hum-nawa'i na thi." She hummed under her breath.

She took small steps down the dark alleyway.

Her feet crushing the soul out the fallen autumn leaves.

Attempting to make as little noise as possible as well as making her presence known, she followed the dark figure.

Her hands were tucked into the jacket's pockets, her face was snuggled into a scarf, her body wrapped up attempting to fight off the cold.

She moved from shadow to shadow, trying to keep her identity hidden.

Strapped up with her choice of weapons, she had decided, that today she would face her worst enemy.

Zunair Armaan Rahman.

She would make him bend before her just as he used to make her.

Make him bow before her before she ended his life.

He had turned round, fear smeared on his face.

It was now or never.

"Who's there?" He weakly called out.

She smirked.

She barely recognised the man that had ruined her to this extent. To which she could only feel peace if she killed him.

She could only feel peace when she had ripped out his heart from his chest.

She could only feel peace when she had made him scream as he had done to her.

She could only feel peace when she would rip apart his limbs, one by one.

She could only feel peace when she sees him at her feet, begging for forgiveness as he bleeds out.

Her light feet took her closer to her first victim.

The time was right.

Time to strike.

He again called out to the shadows again, his voice tinged with distress.

She tugged a strand of hair away from her face, whilst taking exactly 5 steps forward.

She could be seen but was still shielded by the shadows.

"Do you not recognise me, dear husband?" She drawled out.

She watched the instant shock surface on his face, which morphed into recognition and then anger.

She knew what he looked like when he was angered, she was certain that that was his angered expression.

And deep down, where she had shoved her memories of her marriage, everything was beginning to resurface. Including her helplessness and weakness.

But something battles these memories, revenge.

It suppressed them further, all she knew was that the man in front of her had to be dead in the next hour.

She didn't want to remember why.

She just wanted to do as her mind said.

And it told her to take a gun from under the coat that she was wearing, and shoot him straight through the chest.

But something stopped her, the way he was looking at her.

"A-Alayna?"

She stepped forward, keeping a good distance from him.

"Who else could it be Zunair?" She mocked talking to a child.

"I thought you were dead."

"No, but you will be soon." She nonchalantly replied.

His stance changed completely, to the one she knew so well. The way he would stand before he would strike her with a heated pole.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Oh, but I would. I've grown a pair of balls since I left you."

She swallowed the fear to allow room for the growing courage.

"You won't be able to do that Alayna. I know you." He jeered, underestimating the woman in front of him.

She stood looking at him in disdain, whilst taking small steps backwards encouraging him to keep near her.

"Really Zunair?" She cocked her head to one side. "Fine then, divorce me and we'll go out separate ways."

She knew that she could strike a nerve when talking about divorce around him.

His nostrils flared, his eyes darkened, his fists curled.

He came storming towards her, as expected.

His arm wrapped around her neck tight, making it harder for her to breathe.

"You really think you can kill me to escape from me?" He whispered in her ear.

His hearty laughter echoing throughout the dark alleyway.

"You can never escape me. EVER!" He screamed out to the winds.

Alayna, who had frozen, up until she heard those words, took immediate action.

She squeezed her hand between his arm and her neck and pulled down. Because of the unexpected move Zunair wasn't prepared and so his hold on her neck was removed.

She instantly spun around to face him and pounced on him causing him to topple.

Her hand reached for the knife tucked into her waistband. And swiftly pushed it firmly against his neck.

"Do you believe me now, Zunair Armaan Rahman?"

He smirked, "no".

"You like pushing the boundaries don't you?"

"No I like my wife sat on me like this. I should fuck you from this position." He crudely spat out.

"It's a shame you won't get to." She pressed it more into his skin.

"I know you won't be able to finish the job Alayna. Why do this to me? We could start afresh, I'll do everything right, we can create our own little perfect family. I'll be everything you've ever wanted."

"Its practically been a year that I've been with you. Not once did you show me mercy Zunair. Not once. Now I refuse to do that to you. I won't feel peace until your existence has been removed from this earth by me."

Unknowingly, the pressure on the blade had eased with her rant.

Zunair smirked, "you'll never win against me," and flipped her over.

His legs tightened around her hips, as he held down her shoulders.

"You'll never be rid of me, but I- I will get rid of you." His hands clasped around her neck.

"Don't you ever think that you can have power over me." His grip tightened.

"I will make sure that I am the one you see last in this life and first in the afterlife." He sneered, rubbing his face into her neck.

She knew what he was going to try to do.

His hands trailed down from her shoulders to her breasts.

She didn't like this. Alayna despised the helplessness she was feeling.

His hands clasped around them, squeezing until she felt both uncomfortable and pain.

"I own this body. I own you."

Those words hit a nerve within Alayna.

'I can't allow this to happen to me again'. She told herself.

The fire had reignited.

Her hands were still clasped around the knife, the idiot hadn't bothered to disarm her.

She peered down at him to make sure his attention was wholly on her body and flipped the knife around so she was now clutching the blade in her hand.

The handle was made from a heavy metal, carved with the Volkov's family heraldic emblem, a wilted rose.

^like this one

She raised it above her head and pushed it through the air towards his head.

He toppled back in surprise, clutching his head.

She flipped the knife round again, and pinned him down by his neck with her forearm as well as flinging a leg over him.

"Watch as I kill you Zunair."

She slashed into the flesh of his stomach, and watched the blood ooze out of the wound she had created.

She could hear her heart thumping frantically, blood flowed through her veins rapidly bubbling with adrenaline.

Her movements quickened, with the natural high she was getting from her actions.

She looked at him straight in the eye, "I guess I'm going to be the last person you see before you die." Raised the knife above her head and drove it right through his chest.

His arms flailed.

His lips kept moving.

His eyes looking at her accusingly, as if he hadn't brought this upon himself.

She leaned forward to catch his last words.

"You'll regret this. I won't let you get away with this. I'll ruin from my gr-"

His limbs relaxed, his chest stopped moving, yet the blood kept flowing. His eyes stopped moving from side to side, and halted straight on her.

He wasted his last breaths spitting nonsense.

She looked over at his body once more, and simply turned on her heel.

She had nothing more to do to him.

She left him to rot.

He ruined her, so she ruined him and left decays for some stray dogs to eat.

Her heart felt weird, part of it was relieved, she had killed her biggest enemy. She looked down at her hands and clothes which were soaked in blood.

The other part told her that she would pay for this sin when she was least expecting it.

Her mind tuned out her heart, telling her that what she did was fine and justified.

She walked to her car, graciously taking her seat on the driver's side, and brought the car to life.

She was home in no time.

She entered through the grand doors, and strode to her room.

Her hands shook as she turned the room upside down looking for it.

The only thing that could bring her some peace.

Her mother's words.

She pried the box open and flicked through the unopened envelopes.

She found the one for her, it was nestled right at the back of the box, she pulled it out only to be greeted with a folded paper half its size.

One she had never seen before.

Curiosity encouraged her to read it.

Dear my beautiful daughter,

I'm sorry.

I can't do this anymore.

The voices won't let me live.

They're all telling me that there's no point living in this world.

Everyone is so mean to me, I can't confide in anyone.

I would have liked to have seen you grown up, but I will just become a hurdle in journey to success and a burden to you as you grow older.

I'm sorry, but I was never strong.

Never.

Sobs of pains, anguish and frustration left Alayna's lips.

She sat crying over what person she had become, what her mother had suffered through and vile life was to unsuspecting victims.

She pulled the other letter out of its envelope.

God forgives, people don't. That's what we're born to do, hold onto things that have ruined us. Even if we don't plan on getting revenge.

Please don't do that my love. Please don't hold onto that one event, turn the page and move one.

It's easier said than done I know.

But then you end up wasting your life on only one small chapter of your life.

Live your life to the fullest, explore every chapter of your life, throw in a few revenge plans here and there, but don't give up on yourself.

I might, but I want you to fight through because you're my fighter and I have my full faith in you m. I know you'll be able to achieve what I couldn't in a thousand years.

I love you.

She was sat in the shower with cold water pelting at her.

Her tears were being washed away, along with his blood.

A chapter was close to being closed forever.

She just needed a few more weeks.

******

I'm so sorry.

I had planned for this chapter to be out by last week😭😭😭

Ok after being peer pressured I have to tell you guys that this book will be longer than expected if you want a number of chapters, I have no idea, but maybe like 15-20 more, I feel like that's going to put people off reading the book but anyhoo 🤷‍♀️

I just know that someone will complain about Zunair not being punished enough but I cba🙄

Please comment and vote

Love you guys🫶🫶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.2K 1.2K 11
It's their sixth year at Watford and Simon has no idea what's happening to him. Everything is about Baz. And that's very bad because they're stuck in...
141K 3.9K 25
Once Ladybug and the remaining French Miraculous team defeated hawkmoth, the curse that has put on paris for years has been lifted. so if you were la...
246K 7K 129
"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†'๐’” ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’๐’š ๐’๐’ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š ๐’๐’‡ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Š๐’‡ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Š๐’“ ๐’†๐’š๐’†๐’” ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’…๐’–๐’Ž๐’ƒ ๐’ƒ๐’๐’๐’๐’…๐’†."
894K 36.8K 103
Priya is an independent, beautiful Indian girl who flew to New York in order to escape from her obsessed villain. But she caught the eyes of Damon, a...