Endlessly [Chicago PD] (1)

By darknight1920

UNDERGOING MAJOR EDITING! Caroline Blake returns to Chicago after four years when a case she was working on g... More

Before you read ✔
Cast ✔
Endlessly ✔️
Long time ago ✔
Chin check ✔
Now Is Always Temporary ✔️
Thirty Balloons ✔️
Conventions ✔️
The Price We Pay ✔️
Different Mistakes ✔️
A Material Witness ✔️
At Least It's Justice ✔️
Turn The Light Off ✔️
8:30 PM ✔️
The Docks ✔️
A Beautiful Friendship✔️
Book Two!!

My Way ✔️

458 9 2
By darknight1920

(Chapter 12)

Pulpo is getting out of prison so he can 'help' catch Munoz. He's the one who kiddnapped Antonio's son. It's an insane situation

We got called to a scene. It was nasty. Appearently it was Munoz's doing.

"Moving a lot of dope out of here." Lindsay said as we were standing next to two dead girls. They got shot in the head. There's more of this downstairs.

*****

Back at the precint we all gathered in the garage area.

"I know emotions are high. Pulpo and his men cost us one of our own, nearly cost us a family member. But if you got into this profession expecting not to deal with scumbags, you got into the wrong line of work." Voight exclaimed. Jin was holding up a phone, Hank nodded at him, "Go ahead."

I placed my hand on Antonio's shoulder and squeezed it as Hank continued. "Listen, this is us doing our job."

Jin opened the garage door and a white van was standing there with two officers opening it's back. They pulled Pulpo out of it, who just stared at Antonio.

Then he got put into the cage and Antonio walked up to him with a photo in his hand.

"Ah, yes, Gustav Munoz. Bad,bad,bad person. It'll be good to get him off the streets." Pulpo said.

"Where is he?" Dawson asked.

"Ah, business first." Pulpo exclaimed. "I need to make sure my deal is done. After that, I'm at your service."

"I want to see what you're giving him." Antonio said to the officer.

"Money to his commissary account, extra yard time-" Hank cut him off.

"It's alright."

I took one paper from his hand and read over the other parts of the deal.

"Conjugal visits? Has he got a girl on the side?" I questioned.

"Find out. We can use whatever leverage we can get." Hank ordered.

"Yeah, okay. I know just the guy. He's a hacker I busted a year ago. He's under house arrest." Halstead spoke up.

"Perfect, go." Hank said, and Jay and I walked away.

*****

As we were walking out we went past Trudy's desk and she spoke up.

"Blake. Somebody stopped by for you and Lindsay today."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Yeah?"

"Said his name was Charlie." My face instantly dropped. "Kinda hot, smelled like cigarettes and drakker. Said he knew you two from a long time ago."

"Ask Lindsay if she wants to do anything with him. I don't want to talk to him." I exclaimed, and handed Trudy the paper back.

"Sure thing." Trudy replied.

"Thanks, Platt."

*****

Jay knocked on the door, and while we were waiting he spoke up, "So who's Charlie?"

"He's a guy Lindsay and I used to run with." I replied.

"Run with or run from?" Jay asked.

"I only talked to the guy like five times, I have no idea why'd he want to talk to me. But Lindsay, she got it handled." I claimed. Jay banged on the door one more time, before it opened.

"What's up, Johnny?" He said as we started to walk in, he then pointed at me. "This is detective Blake."

"I haven't done anything, detectives."

Jay stared at his computer, "Good lord. I thought you were working with a therapist for that."

"I relapse sometimes." Johnny said.

"He started by hacking into porn sites, and that became government databases."

"Clearly." I said, this was kind of amusing.

"It was just to see if I could do it." Johnny said.

"Mhhmm, yup." Jay said as he grabbed Johnny's shoulder and sat him down on the chair. "We're looking for a guy named Pulpo. His real name is Adres Dias. Do one of your... algorithms. We're looking for something everyone missed. Go."

"That'd be a violation of the conditions of my parole." Johnny said.

I put my index finger in front of my lips, "Shh."

Johnny started working on the computer. After a while he spoke up. "This program I built will cross reference NSA, FBI, CIA and DHS databases. Andres Pulpo Dias. There are several phones I can link to him. He called this one home on Chicago's south side 144 times earlier this year."

"Right before he got pinched by Intelligence." I piped in.

"Get me that address." Jay instructed.

*****

We went by that address and a woman opened the door.

"Lina Ochoa?"

"Yes?"

"Detectives Blake and Halstead. We have a couple questions to ask you." I said.

"What about?"

"You know someone by the name of Adres Dias, goes by Pulpo?" I questioned, the woman rolled her eyes.

"Oh,god, don't remind me."

"How do you know him?" Jay raised his eyebrows.

"We met in a club once. I made the mistake of being nice to him." Lina said.

"We noticed that he called you a lot, like, 144 times." Jay sassed.

"Yeah, cause he's crazy. I would've taken out a restraining order against him if I didn't think he'd kill me." Lina exclaimed.

"Have you had any contact with him recently?" Halstead asked.

"Hell no. Don't tell me he's out."

"No. No, we're just checking." I said.

"Good, let him rot in prison."

"Okay. Thank you for your time." I said, and just as she was about to close the door a little boy came up to her, "Mama?"

Jay put his leg on the doorstep so Lina couldn't close the door. "Cute kid."

*****

We brought in Lina and the kid. They were sitting in the break room. Jay went to get Antonio and Hank.

"This is Pulpo's baby mama and son, Osberto." Jay exclaimed.

"She here cause she wants to be here?" Antonio asked.

"No. We leaned on her. She's got a failure to appear off a DUI." I said and handed Dawson a paper.

"Maybe played up possible jail time." Jay said.

Voight turned to look at me, "You watch the kid." I nodded. I walked in and Voight asked the woman to go with him.

I sat down next to the boy. "Looks like it's just gonna be me and you for a while, little buddy." I smiled.

"Is my mom in trouble?" He questioned.

I sighed, "There is a bad man, and we're trying to stop him from doing more bad things, and your mom's helping us."

"Okay." The little boy mumbled.

"Okay? It's all right." I said and rubbed his back but he stood up and hugged me. "It's okay."

*****

After using Lina to get information out of Pulpo, we started to all head home for the night.

I walked over to Lindsay's desk.

"Why is Charlie back?" I asked.

"I have no idea, Care, but I've got it under control."

"Okay, I believe you. But, you know I'll help if you need me." I said.

"I'll let you know if I need your help, I promise." Erin said as we both grabbed our coats and headed downstairs.

Just as we were about to walk out, Charlie walked in.

"Erin. Caroline."

"Charlie."

"I'm back. No hug?" He asked. As he pulled Erin in for a hug then me.

"All right. So where's the badge? I'm not gonna believe it till I see the badge." Charlie asked looking at Erin. I just kinda stood to the side. I lied when I said I only talked to him a couple of time. It was definitely more, kids who kinda grew up on the streets, knew him. I actually knew Erin too before Hank took her in.

Erin lifted her shirt so he could see the badge that's on her belt.

"I still don't believe it." Charlie said.

"It's funny how life works out, huh?" Erin asked.

"You're not supposed to be in Chicago, Charlie." I spoke up.

"It's been long enough. I missed everybody, missed you, missed Erin." He said as he looked me in the eyes. "And, well, I don't need to explain myself. I wanted to come back. You two still in touch with Annie?"

"Yeah, I am." Erin replied as I said, "No, I'm not.

"Yeah, I've been looking for her too. You got her number?" He asked Erin.

"You gotta let me talk to her first." Erin exclaimed.

"You gonna be like that? Come on. Give me a break." Charlie said.

"I have your number Charlie. I'll be in touch." Erin stated.

"I'm proud of you two. I'm serious. Y'all made it out." Charlie said.

"Thanks."

"Yeah, thanks." We replied.

*****

Next day we were gearing up.

"Francisco Heredia. Get a good look at him." Antonio said, pointing to the picture on the white board. "Now we obviously want Munoz first before any shots are fired. Getting Heredia in custody in a secondary objective. It's gonna be a big crowd, lots of moving parts, so keep your eyes and ears open."

"All right." Hank said, and asked Jin to follow him to another room. We all walked out to our cars.

We arrived at this little festival, we went and blended in with the crowd.

"Heredia just arrived." Antonio said into his mic.

Erin, Sumner were stood to the side, while Jay and Alvin set up their gun on a building, and everyone else was just casually walking around.

"Keep your eye on the florist on stage." Ruzek said. "Near the statue."

"Gun! Shot fired! Shots fired!" Adam exclaimed. And we all moved in.

"There's no way that he got both guards!" Hank stated in his mic. "Any visual on the second muzzle flash?"

"Alvin, Halstead you got this guy?" Antonio asked.

"Targer ducked down. He's out of sight." Jay said.

"Can't get a lock. No clear shot." Alvin said.

"Find Munoz!" Hank ordered.

"I have eyes on Munoz!" Antonio said and started to run in his direction but because of the big crowd it was hard.

"I have Munoz!" Jay said.

"Fire!" Hank ordered.

Jay shot Munoz in the head. After that the whole team gathered together.

"That was commander Perry." Voight said after he hung up his phone. "He wants to know why shots had to be fired."

"So much for 'nice job' " Erin deadpanned.

"The day Perry says that, I will take everyone out for karaoke." Voight joked.

"Ha. I'd pay to see that." Jay joked.

"What are you gonna sing, boss?" Adam asked.

"My way." Hank replied before walking away.

"You were expecting love shack?" Jay asked Adam.

"I don't know." Adam said, and Jay laughed.

*****

Back at the unit, Hank asked me and Erin to come to his office. That's never a good sign.

"What's Charlie Pigliese doing back in town?" Voight asked. I closed the door.

"We don't know but we'll handle it." Erin said.

"The deal was, I take you in, he stays out of Illinois." Hank said.

"Like she said, we'll handle it." I exclaimed.

"Don't go backwards, girls." Voight said, and we nodded. And after that we heard gunshots. We all ran down quickly with our weapons in hand.

"We got officers down!"

Four officers were dropped dead.

"You see anything?"

"No. Nothing."

"I'll go left."

"No visual."

"Antonio's down!"

"Hank?"

"Somebody call an ambulance!"

We were yelling back and forth like crazy. How could something like this happen at a police station?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 839 25
In which a paramedic from Saint-Louis moves to Chicago to start over. Turns out she had no clue what the windy city had in store for her. JAY HALSTEA...
212K 2.2K 54
Kelly Severides little sister works as a firefighter at 51. But she finds out that her old flame Jay Halstead works in Chicago as a detective. What h...
77.1K 1.1K 44
With a "simple" life, a small Chicago city girl calls the police when she notices suspicious activity whilst going on her daily stroll, the intellige...
9.7K 284 27
What if Jay and Will Halstead has a sister?