Petal [h.s.]

By _londonbelow

Harry appears to be a nice boy. He comes from a good, wealthy family. He's been with his childhood sweetheart... More

INTRO
PROLOGUE - THE LETTER
ONE - THE GIRL NEXT DOOR
TWO - IT'S BRUTAL OUT HERE
THREE - DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE
FOUR - LIKE THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
FIVE - SET ME ON FIRE
SIX - BRIGHT BLOODY RED FLAGS
SEVEN - LET ME IN
EIGHT - HAVE YOU ANYTIME
NINE - PETALS FOR ARMOR
TEN - YOU AND TEQUILA
ELEVEN - RUINING MY LIFE
TWELVE - MAKE IT HURT
THIRTEEN - ACROSS THE BOARDWALK
FOURTEEN - DRIVE ME CRAZY
FIFTEEN - TEAR YOU APART
SIXTEEN - SOUND OF YOUR HEART
SEVENTEEN - SO BRIGHT SOMETIMES
EIGHTEEN - ON THE EDGE
NINETEEN - I ALMOST DO
TWENTY - A FINE LINE
TWENTY-ONE - TAKE YOU HOME
TWENTY-TWO - YOU WILL ACHE
TWENTY-THREE - LIKE I ACHE
TWENTY-FOUR - WHAT A WICKED GAME
TWENTY-FIVE - DIZZY ON THE COMEDOWN
TWENTY-SIX - YOUR LIFE AND MINE
TWENTY-SEVEN - DARKEST BEFORE DAWN
TWENTY-EIGHT - DREAMING OF YOU
TWENTY-NINE - TWIST THE KNIFE
THIRTY - WRAPPED IN CELLOPHANE
THIRTY-ONE - CRUSHCRUSHCRUSH
THIRTY-TWO - PINK IN THE NIGHT
THIRTY-THREE - IN THIS WORLD
THIRTY-FOUR - MOTH TO A FLAME
THIRTY-FIVE - HEART RECOGNIZES YOURS
THIRTY-SIX - ALWAYS COME HOME
THIRTY-SEVEN - NO OTHER SHADE
THIRTY-EIGHT - THE UPSIDE DOWN
THIRTY-NINE - DEVOID OF COLOR
FORTY - IN YOUR EYES
FORTY-ONE - YOU HAD TO GO
FORTY-TWO - MINE TO LOSE
FORTY-THREE - IN THE HALLWAY
FORTY-FOUR - HEAD VERSUS HEART
FORTY-FIVE - PINK DOESN'T COMPARE
FORTY-SIX - A THOUSAND DEATHS
FORTY-SEVEN - IN THE AFTERGLOW
FORTY-EIGHT - SWEET LIKE HONEY
FORTY-NINE - SPREADING YOU OPEN
FIFTY - KEEP YOU THIS WAY
FIFTY-TWO - ON YOUR KNEES
FIFTY-THREE - HOLY AND NOT
FIFTY-FOUR - THE CALIFORNIA DREAM
FIFTY-FIVE - CRAWL HOME TO HER
FIFTY-SIX - WATER IN YOUR HANDS
FIFTY-SEVEN - I KNEW YOU
FIFTY-EIGHT - COME BACK TO YOU
FIFTY-NINE - PINK PAINTED FLOWERS
SIXTY - WITHOUT YOU, WITHOUT THEM
SIXTY-ONE - UNTIL THE SUN RISES
SIXTY-TWO - GIVE YOU THE MOON
SIXTY-THREE - IN MY MEMORIES
SIXTY-FOUR - HALF OF MY SOUL
SIXTY-FIVE - THE END IS NEAR
SIXTY-SIX - GOODBYE, GOODBYE, GOODBYE
EPILOGUE I - THE JOURNAL
EPILOGUE II - THE LETTER
EPILOGUE III - THE CALIFORNIA DREAM

FIFTY-ONE - KISS YOUR NECK

23.7K 509 585
By _londonbelow

Arabella was flushed.

I thought the color of her blush looked lovely on her, but I couldn't help but wonder if it was obvious to those around us that she was on the brink of an orgasm. Her cheeks and neck were red like she had just run a marathon, splotches of color covering her skin. I didn't think that such a tiny little vibrator could pack that much of a punch, but I was wrong.

I slipped it into her underwear for her before we went out the door to head to dinner. I didn't press the button on the remote at all on our walk to the restaurant, I was too busy admiring the way Arabella looked under the yellow-tinted street lights.

I kept trying to take photos of her whenever she wasn't looking but she seemed to have some sort of sixth sense for the camera. She would cry out and cover her face every time, ruining each shot, claiming that she looked awful (she didn't, she never did). Despite her efforts, I managed to get some really beautiful shots of her looking bashful and shy, peeking at me through her fingers and laughing. I transferred them into a hidden, password protected folder away from Jessie's eyes.

It was one of those moments when I realized that I have a million photos with Jessie and not a single one with Arabella. It seemed unfair to me that I could have a stream of evidence in regards to a relationship I was unhappy in, but only had a few blurry photos of the love of my life on the streets of New York to cover everything she was to me. I made a mental note to take more photographs of Arabella, to have something to look back on one day.

As soon as we were settled at our table, I pressed the button on the remote control and watched as she jumped slightly at the vibrating sensation she felt. I watched her squirm and stumble over her words as she ordered her meal. I turned it off every time I thought it was giving her too much pleasure, bringing her too close to the brink. I turned it back on every time she tried to take a sip of her wine, every time someone approached our table, every time she gave me a look with those dark, hazy eyes.

Her mouth was stained from the red wine we'd been drinking, both of us a little tipsy as we made our way through the bottle. I wanted to taste the bitter alcohol on her pretty pink tongue, wanted to slide my hands into her hair and wind the strands around my fingers to hold her there, fused to my mouth.

"Bunny..." Arabella whined from her side of the table, snapping me out of my thoughts about her mouth, "I can't... handle it..."

"Sure you can." I said quietly to her, lifting my wine glass up to my lips so I could take a slow sip. My eyes drank her in as I drank my wine, noticing her own eyes glaze over as they watched me back. Her tongue slid out to wet her lips and her fingers tightened on the arms of her chair.

"Do you want to know what I was just thinking about?" I asked her, putting my glass back down as I extended my foot out toward her. I watched her gasp as the tip of my shoe ran up her bare leg. I was tall enough that I didn't even have to shift in my seat to get my foot between her warm thighs.

"W-what?" She swallowed hard, her eyes sliding around the room quickly to ensure nobody was watching as my foot pried her legs apart and slipped under her dress.

"How deliciously wet that pretty cunt of yours must be right now." I murmured the words to her over the candlelight on our table, pressing the tip of my shoe right against her underwear.

I could feel the vibrator against my foot, could feel how powerful it was for such a tiny little thing. My eyebrows lifted as I applied more pressure to her cunt, knowing that I was pressing the vibrator hard against her oversensitive clit.

"Are you dripping for me, petal?" I asked her, watching her chest rise and fall with each heavy breath.

"Harry, please..." She managed to get out, her eyes going slightly wide and panicked as they caught sight of our waiter approaching the table.

I kept my foot exactly where it was. I pressed it harder against her core, wanting her to get as close to the edge as she possibly could. The waiter didn't seem to notice anything wrong, simply asking us if we wanted more wine. I thought about ordering another bottle just to piss Arabella off, but the sight of her all flushed red and stiff with the need to cum made me grant her some mercy.

"Just the check, please." I said, smiling at the waiter and turning my dark eyes back to Arabella. She made a sound that I took as a thank you, her eyes flashing around the room again.

"Such a paranoid little thing tonight, aren't you, love?" I teased her, reaching into my pocket to press the button to turn the vibrator back off for now.

Her body relaxed back against her seat and I noticed a slight sheen of sweat on her chest. The poor girl was so worked up. I wondered if I would find claw marks on the arms of her chair from her nails. I readjusted myself in my seat, trying not to let her know how insanely hard I had become as I watched her writhe and tremble across the table for me all night.

"I... don't know why. We've fucked in an alley, anyone could have walked out then." She managed, shaking her head, "I guess it feels different here because this place is really fancy."

It was very nice. It was the type of restaurant I'd grown up going to, one with no prices on the menu because everything was just that expensive. I knew the bottle of wine we'd consumed had to have been at least $500. Everyone around us reeked of old money and we certainly didn't fit in.

That thought amused me, not fitting in with old money when I was from old money. But that's not who I was with Arabella. I was just a regular man who owned a flower shop and worked hard to keep it going. A regular man on a date with an out-of-this-world beautiful girl.

I took a moment to look around the restaurant, smiling at all the judgmental pricks surrounding us. My eyes slid back over to Arabella, studying her sultry eyes and her red mouth- my favorite cherry lipstick painted on. Looking at her sent a shiver right up my spine, made my stomach clench in pleasure and made the room feel hazy. And god, I couldn't wait until we were back in our hotel to fuck her again. I had to fuck her now.

"So does that mean you don't want to meet me in that bathroom over there?" I asked her, glancing toward the dark doors to our right.

She sat up slightly, licking her lips again, "Seriously?"

I shrugged my shoulders, trying to be nonchalant, but my heart was pounding. There was hardly anything I wanted to do that Arabella hadn't already explored with prior partners. Seeing her for the first time again on that balcony with Finn between her legs... I remember the way she smirked when she caught me watching her. I imagined that she always enjoyed taking that risk of being caught, but she was acting so paranoid tonight. I enjoyed it. I enjoyed being confident in something that she was unsteady about. We rarely found ourselves in these roles and seeing her look to me for guidance and reassurance was more addictive than any drug I'd ever tried.

I leaned forward on the table, my eyes flickering up from her mouth and to her eyes as I spoke slowly to her.

"If I could lay you out on this table to taste your cunt in front of all these people, I would. Get up and go to the bathroom." I tilted my head toward it, "Once I pay the bill, I'll join you."

Arabella's throat worked as she swallowed hard, nodding to me like the obedient girl I knew she could be. I slipped my hand back into my pocket and clicked the vibrator back on as she stood up. Her legs were already so weak and they nearly gave out when I turned the vibrator back on. I tried not to laugh as I admired her, like a baby deer unable to walk properly.

"And Arabella?" I said to her, watching her turn back to look at me, her hand pressed to her stomach lightly, lips parted as she tried to control her breathing.

"If you touch yourself without me, I'll know. And I'll punish you for it. Do you understand?" I murmured, my voice dropping down as low as it could. Goosebumps covered her arms and she rubbed at them as she nodded her head.

"I need to hear you, pretty girl." I lifted my eyebrows.

"I understand." She said, huffing out a sigh that sounded quite bratty to me.

I held eye contact with her for a long moment and then waved my fingers at her, dismissing her. She narrowed her eyes at me before she turned away and stumbled off toward the bathroom, clutching her purse in her hand so tightly that her knuckles were white.

I whistled to myself as I looked down at my watch, my eyes tracking the seconds. After two minutes had passed, I reached into my pocket and turned her vibrator back off. I chuckled to myself as I immediately got a text from Arabella. I thought it was going to be her cussing me out for edging her once again, but I was wrong.

My cock hardened when I opened it to find that she sent me a photo of her tits spilling over the top of her dress, a hand squeezing one of them tightly. I looked around frantically for the waiter as another photo came in, this one was of two of her fingers, sticky and wet with her arousal.

I groaned out loud at her disobedience, right as the waiter approached finally. I didn't even look at the bill, I just slid my card to him and forced a pained smile as another photo appeared on my phone. Arabella's cherry red mouth came into view with those same two fingers slipped between her lips, showing just a glimpse of her tongue as she sucked them clean.

I started to type a warning to her when the waiter returned with my card. I nearly choked when I saw the total of the bill, not used to spending this kind of money anymore, but I quickly remembered that this was exactly what I wanted to do. I wanted to treat Arabella like a queen this weekend and I was going to do that. She deserved it. I tipped generously, signed the receipt and practically jumped out of my seat to rush to the bathroom.

Opening the door, I realized immediately that it was a private bathroom and not one with stalls. I should have expected that. I should have expected that this was not going to be the same as fucking her in the bathrooms at Pink Couch, for example. These bathrooms were spotless, they were actually bordering on luxury in comparison to some of the others I'd been in.

Arabella slammed me up against the door as soon as I stepped inside, her mouth devouring my own. I whimpered into her, my fingers wrapping into the strands of her hair the way I wanted to all night long. Her tongue pressed into my mouth as I fumbled behind me for the lock on the door, clicking it into place.

One of my hands slid out of her hair and down to wrap around her throat, squeezing it tightly as I pulled my mouth back from hers, gasping for air. My rings gleamed under the soft light, my hand so large that it covered the expanse of her delicate throat.

"Didn't I tell you not to touch yourself?" I whispered to her, guiding her backwards until her ass was pressed against the edge of the bathroom counter.

"Mmm, I don't recall. Did you?" She smirked at me wickedly.

"So desperate to cum that you're fingering your cunt in a bathroom... such a dirty little slut, aren't you?" I let out a low groan, shaking my head to her and pulling my mouth away when she tried to kiss me again, "Turn around."

I spun her to face the mirror over the sink, sweeping her hair back from her neck as we both stared at one another's reflections. I jerked my hips forward, listening to her gasp as she felt my cock pressing tightly against her ass. I gathered all of her hair at the nape of her neck and twisted it around my fist, pulling hard, bringing her head back so my mouth was grazing against her ear.

"You're going to watch as I fuck you." I murmured, my teeth grazing over the shell of her ear slowly, "Want you to watch how quickly I turn you into a desperate, panting whore for my cock."

Arabella could only moan in response, rolling her hips back to press her ass into my length even harder, desperate to have more contact from me. I lowered my head and slid my tongue over her neck, kissing and sucking gentle love bites onto her delicate skin. I needed more, needed to mark her all over, needed the world to see her and know she was mine.

She panted heavily at the feeling, licking her lips as I slid my hands down to her breasts, yanking the stretchy material of her dress down to expose them. Arabella's eyes followed to watch as I pinched and twisted at each of her hardened nipples, quiet gasps leaving her lips at the feeling. She was shaking against me, overcome with desire and lust.

"Look at you... you want me to fuck you so bad, don't you?" I whispered between my kisses.

"Y-yes..." She hardly whispered.

I gave a quiet 'tsk, tsk' at her volume, "Don't you want everyone to hear what a filthy girl you are? Louder."

As I ordered her, I brought a hand down to slap one of her breasts harshly and then squeezed her flesh in my fingers. She cried out at the sensation and I watched her skin turn red with my handprint. I followed through to her other breast, watching that one go red as well. My eyes gleamed at the sight, a smirk on my mouth as she writhed in pain and pleasure against me.

"Yes! I want you to fuck me." She cried out and I chuckled softly, wondering if everyone could hear us through the bathroom walls.

My hands slid down further, roaming over her soft belly and around to her backside. I cupped her ass roughly, squeezing her flesh and pulling my hips back so I could slap each of her ass cheeks. I rubbed the area, soothing the sting as my hands slipped under her skirt and between her warm thighs, nudging them open wider. I pulled her dress up, rolling the tight material over the curve of her ass, exposing her underwear to me.

My fingers slid between her thighs, probing at the wet spot in her underwear, feeling how aroused she was for me. I moaned softly at the warmth of her, using my thumb to shove her panties aside. The vibrator was already gone, likely tucked away in her purse, so my fingers met her bare cunt immediately. Arabella shivered against me, pressing down harder against my wandering fingers.

"Want a taste?" I whispered to her, watching her start to nod immediately.

I slipped my fingers into her dripping cunt to gather her arousal. Her lips parted at the sensation, eyebrows stitching together, a soft little moan escaping her. I watched her carefully, watched her expressions and reactions to everything I did. Her cheeks were so flushed, pupils blown out. She looked possessed, just the way I wanted her to be.

I brought my shiny fingers up to her lips and pressed them into her warm mouth, rubbing them all over her tongue so she could taste her own pussy on my fingers. She sucked at them hard, eyes fluttering shut as she moaned at the taste.

"Open your fucking eyes." I ordered her in a whisper, shoving my fingers toward the back of her throat as punishment. She gagged around them and I pulled them out, her saliva dripping down over her chin.

"Please, baby..." She begged in a whisper, "I need you to fuck me now."

"Sorry, what was that? I couldn't quite hear you." I smirked at her, but I kneeled behind her and began to slowly tug her underwear down her legs anyways.

She sucked in a sharp breath when her cunt was fully exposed, my teeth coming down to graze along the curve of her bare ass as I slid her underwear into my pocket. I let my mouth and teeth trail over her ass, inhaling the scent of her heavy arousal, trying to resist the urge to bring her to orgasm with only my tongue buried in her sweet cunt. I grasped her fleshy cheeks to pry her open for me, admiring the way she was dripping down her thighs, so wet and desperate.

"Look at this perfect pussy, s'fucking wet, aching to be fucked in a bathroom... such a dirty girl." I murmured to her, spitting harshly onto her cunt and watching it drip down her thighs slowly.

Her fingers tightened on the edge of the bathroom counter, a whine escaping her throat, "Please, fuck me!"

I stood to full height, unzipping my pants to release my aching cock. I gave myself a few hard tugs, moaning at the pleasure that rolled through my stomach. I used my thumb to spread my precum around the head, sucking in a sharp breath at the sensation. Arabella watched me through the mirror, another whimper releasing from her throat. I looked away only for a moment so I could line my cock up to her dripping cunt, pressing a hand against her back to bend her over the counter a little further.

I gripped onto her hips then, holding her tight as I pushed forward, watching my cock as it disappeared between her plump ass cheeks and into her tight cunt. I sank into her perfectly, her walls gripping me, so warm and tight that I couldn't stop the loud moan that escaped me at the feeling of her.

"Fuck..." I breathed out, "Fuck, Arabella..."

"Harder... make it hurt." She panted mindlessly, pushing her hips back to try and get my cock all the way inside of her.

"You want it rough, baby?" I asked her, watching her nod vigorously, licking her lips.

I moved one hand up to wrap around the front of her throat, squeezing it gently at first as I pressed my cock further into her. I applied more pressure as I thrust hard, taking her to the hilt in one quick go. I released her throat to slap my hand over her mouth when she cried out loudly at the pleasure, muffling the sounds as I began to snap my hips back and forth into her as hard as I possibly could.

"Feel like heaven, so good... you're fucking gripping my cock so tight, fuck." I whispered into her ear, sliding my hand down from her mouth, smearing her lipstick when I did so.

I pulled her face toward mine and kissed her hard, slipping my tongue into her mouth and licking against her own. I held onto her chin, pulling her mouth open wider so I could control the kiss, so I could fuck my tongue into her wanting mouth as she moaned helplessly. My other hand clawed at her fleshy hip, gripping onto her so hard that I knew there would be bruise marks left behind the next day.

We kissed so hard and so long that my lungs squeezed, unable to get a breath in, but I couldn't make myself stop kissing her. Her lipstick was smeared all over both of our mouths, but I didn't care. The only thing I wanted was to taste her as I fucked into that tight cunt of hers, the only thing I wanted was to make her cum.

I pulled back from the kiss, slipping my fingers into her mouth in place of my tongue, fish hooking them into the side and keeping her mouth pried wide open for me. She panted heavily around my fingers, her eyes locked with mine, wide and watery.

"My perfect little fuck toy." I whispered, letting my spit dribble into her mouth slowly and then pressing it shut, "Swallow."

She obeyed immediately and I laid a gentle kiss to the top of her nose for it. I shoved her hard against the counter then, so hard that her hands flew out and slammed against the glass mirror to keep herself upright. I watched her leave smudges against the glass, handprints streaking down it.

"Fuck!" She choked on a sob as the word left her mouth.

I began to fuck her even harder, panting with each thrust that I pressed into her body, fingers clawing at her skin and her dress. I was blinded by my lust, nearly losing it and ripping her clothes right off her, but I stopped myself just in time. I looked down at where our bodies connected, watched my cock slip in and out of her, shiny with her arousal.

"Take all of me, take every fucking inch of my cock..." I slid my hands up her spine to her hair, winding into the strands again and tugging at it with every snap of my hips into her.

"More." She mumbled out, dumbstruck by her need to cum, thrusting her own hips back to match the pace of my own.

I reached around to touch her clit, rubbing it in hard, quick circles. Arabella moaned loudly at the feeling, shaking her head wildly, which told me that she was getting closer to the edge. We both vaguely heard a knock on the bathroom door, but neither of us stopped what we were doing for a second. We didn't care who heard us. We were too insane with lust and the need to cum.

"Gonna cum for me, pretty girl?" I gasped out, watching her nod wildly.

"Harry.... fuck, Harry..." She could barely speak, her words coming out a quiet whisper as her cunt clenched tight around me.

"That's it. You're so fucking good for me." I praised her, moving down to grasp onto her ass cheeks tightly, holding her still and using her for my pleasure as she came hard.

Her body trembled wildly as she chanted my name a few more times through her release, before she finally settled down and relaxed back against me just in time for me to thrust into her one final time. I cursed, burying my face in her neck, feeling her fingers lift to stroke through my hair as I stilled, emptying my load into her tight cunt. We didn't move for a long moment, just staying pressed together as we caught our breath.

That's when we realized that someone was still knocking on the door. I pressed my lips together, trying not to laugh, and Arabella slammed her hand over her own mouth to stifle her own giggles as we rushed to fix and clean ourselves up.

"Shh!" I shushed her when she laughed at the banging on the door getting louder and more insistent.

"They already know we're here! What are we gonna do, climb through the window?" She laughed harder, tears prickling at the corners of her eyes as she gestured toward the frosted window panes.

I tilted my head, lifting my eyebrows, "That's not a-"

"I am not climbing out of the window!!" Arabella choked on her laughter, extending her palm to me, "Just hold my hand and run. Okay?"

I didn't hesitate for a second. I grasped onto her fingers, squeezing tightly, giving her a nod as I smiled.

"Okay."

I reached for the lock on the door, glancing back at her one last time before I unlocked it and threw the door open, watching two employees tumble inside. I ran, tugging Arabella behind me, listening to the way she laughed as we moved. I knew we looked insane-clothes wrinkled, hair disheveled, red lipstick marks smeared all over our faces. The other people in the restaurant gawked at us with open mouths as we ran through the fancy restaurant, giggling like children.

A man who must have been the manager followed behind us, yelling out threats to have us banned from every restaurant in New York. It only made us laugh harder because we knew we would never be back-at least not like this. Not together, in love and giggling with joy. This would be our only trip like this.

It was raining when we ran outside onto the streets of the city, both of us screeching happily as we got soaked by it. I slowed to a stop and turned to my girl, wiggling out of my jacket so I could wrap it around her shoulders. She was staring up at the sky, blinking quickly as rain dripped into her eyes and all over her face. Her smile was huge. Open mouthed, in awe, kid at Disneyland for the first time kind of smile.

I knew that was how I'd always remember her.

Finding joy in the most mundane things, like seeing rain and basking in it instead of running from it. She took small things and she made them feel huge. She took my small, withered heart and she made it feel as if it would burst inside of me. She took the color pink and she spun it into love.

I grasped her around the waist and tugged her body into mine, watching her face drop so she could look up at me instead of at the sky. That right there was enough to amaze me-she wanted to look at me instead of the sky. I didn't understand how I got so lucky in this love.

She cupped my face in her hands and I watched the droplets of rain slide down to her mouth, which broke into a large smile. She began to wipe at my face, likely trying to get her lipstick off with the rain's help. I reached up a hand to do the same for her until her lipstick marks were a faint pink stain.

"It's raining." She pointed out with that laugh of hers.

Nodding, I smiled back at her, enjoying the warmth of her fingers as they slid back into my wet hair, "Arabella..."

I tightened my hold around her waist and pulled her into me, bending my face down to find her mouth. I kissed her hard, the rain pelting onto us, soaking us all the way through. We just let it. We let it consume us completely. There was no one else I'd rather stand in the rain with.

When we stop kissing, I thought, I'm going to say it.

Arabella, as if she heard my thoughts herself, pulled back from the kiss and smiled brightly at me. Her eyes flashed back up to the sky as the rain slowed into a drizzle and she made a quiet little humming sound in her throat, like she was sad that it had slowed.

She dropped her eyes back to me as she slid her hands into the pockets of my coat, her teeth chattering as we just looked at one another. I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing would come out. She made a face, pulling out a piece of paper that was shoved into my pocket.

"What is this?" She questioned, looking down at it, her eyes going wide as she read. It was the receipt from the pawn shop, the one that gave the appraisal and sale details of the cufflinks I pawned off.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it." I said quickly, taking the paper from her, crumbling it up into a ball.

"That wasn't nothing. Why are you selling your things?" She asked, furrowing her brow, "Cufflinks? For that much money?"

"They were worth a lot more than that." I mumbled, looking down at the ball of paper in my hand. I wanted to throw it away, but it was the only document I had that proved I was the original owner of those. If I planned to get them back one day, I would need it.

"They were... what? Where did you get them?" She asked me.

I sighed and turned away from her, gesturing that we should walk and talk, "They were a present from my mum for my 18th birthday. They're old, vintage... worth a ton of money. More than the pawn shop in the Wasteland could ever give me. I thought about trying to pawn them here instead, but... but I... I think I have a better shot at getting them back if they're in that Wasteland shop. It's smaller, you know? Nobody there will be able to afford them."

"But... why did you pawn them? If you needed money... I... why didn't you come to me?" She asked and I wanted to laugh at the idea of ever asking her for money, but her voice was so earnest that I couldn't manage to do it.

"Arabella..." I sighed, frowning, "I would never do that."

"Why?" She asked, gripping onto my arm and tugging me back to look at her, "You can't be serious. I would give you a kidney if you needed one."

"And I would take a kidney, if I needed one. But not money. Never... never money." I shook my head, reaching up to brush my hands down over her arms, "I want to take care of you, not the other way around."

"Why can't we take care of each other?" She frowned, her eyes so soft and gentle that it made me want to cry. She was so genuine. She really wanted to take care of me.

"We can. We do... I just..." I let out a long sigh and brought my hands up to her cheeks, cradling her face softly.

I wanted to explain to her that I was raised to be the breadwinner. I was raised with more money than she could ever imagine. That I still wasn't used to not having it. That I wanted it. But her words... they kept repeating in my mind. Take care of each other. Take care of each other.

I wanted that. Swiftly, suddenly-it was all I wanted. I didn't want to only take care of her or have her take care of me. I wanted to share it with her. I wanted us to take care of each other. Just like she wanted. I wanted that partnership.

"I'm not used to that." I admitted quietly, frowning, "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize." She said right away, stepping further into my space so she could brush her mouth over mine, "Just... please don't... don't sell sentimental things. Especially not presents from your mom. Okay? Talk to me and we'll figure it out together."

"Okay." I nodded, leaning forward to kiss her, smiling gently against her mouth, "That wasn't what you were supposed to find in that jacket, you know."

Arabella pulled back and lifted her eyebrows, fingers clutching onto my shoulders as she leaned further back to give me a look of skepticism.

I smiled as I grasped onto the lapels of my jacket, pulling one side open. She looked down and watched my hand as I reached into the inside pocket to retrieve the little black box that held my mother's necklace.

Her face lit up when she saw me pull out that box, "What is that?!"

"A present. Do you want it?" I asked her, smiling brightly.

She began to jump up and down excitedly, grasping onto my wrists as she did, "For meeeee?"

"For you." I whispered, popping the box open so she could see.

We both tilted our heads forward to block the drizzle as we looked down at it, nestled there in the black velvet, shimmering gold under all of the city lights. The teardrop diamond hanging from it was gleaming brightly and I heard a loud gasp escape Arabella's mouth as she saw it.

"Harry..." She pressed her hand to the box, shaking her head immediately as our eyes met, "No, you can't... is this why you...? You sh-"

"It belonged to my mum." I shook my head, cutting off her assumptions.

Her lips parted in surprise, but she didn't stop shaking her head to me, "Harry..."

"Listen to me." I whispered, my fingers moving to take the necklace out of its enclosure as I spoke, "My mum used to tell me this story before bedtime when I was little. It was her very first date with my father. She had known him for a while, but he never worked up the courage to ask her out until much later. He was a fumbling idiot the entire time. She said the date was a disaster... so much so that she considered not seeing him again. That is... until he pulled out this."

I walked around the back of Arabella, who took the cue and held her hair up out of the way. I slid the thin gold chain around her, letting the pendant rest against her chest. Her hand flew up to feel it there, so gentle and careful in her touch that I couldn't help but smile. I knew she was the right person for this necklace. The only person.

"He told her that he was in love with her. He said he knew it was too soon to say that and he knew she didn't feel the same way yet, but he had fallen in love with her the very first time he laid his eyes on her. The necklace was hers to keep whether she wanted to see him again or not, he felt that she deserved something that sparkled to her the way she did to him." I whispered the words to her as I clasped the necklace as delicately as I could with my hands shaking so terribly.

"I used to watch him clean it for her..." I continued, my nose rubbing lightly across the back of her neck, "Then he would put it back on her when he finished and kiss her neck..."

I pressed my mouth to her neck, right above the clasp.

"Right above the clasp." I whispered, wrapping my arms around her waist from behind, holding her tight, "And my mum would smile and turn to look at him... and I knew they loved one another deeply-I could see it in that kiss, in that smile."

Arabella was crying. I could tell, I could feel it in the way she was breathing, tiny little gasps to try and keep herself from sobbing. I held her tighter, nuzzled my face into the crook of her neck and inhaled her familiar scent.

"My mum always told me... more than her engagement ring, this necklace was the true token of their love. She'd then go on to tell me how she hoped that one day I'd meet a girl and I'd want to give her a ridiculously extravagant present on our first date." I kissed her neck lightly, my words quiet.

Arabella twisted in my arms to look at me, trembling against me as she whispered, "Is that why... why it was so important to you that we went out on a real date?"

"That's why." I murmured, leaning down to kiss her cheeks, clearing them of raindrops and tears.

She sniffled and clung to me, finding my mouth with her own. She kissed me sweetly, her fingers digging into my back as she held me to her. I pulled my lips back, leaving them a whisper away from her own as my eyes fluttered open to find hers staring back. They glittered when they looked at me, like they were full of stars.

"You know what this necklace means. Don't you, petal?" I whispered, watching her nod, more tears slipping out of her eyes and down her pink cheeks.

"I know..." She nodded, biting down on her bottom lip.

I reached up and I tugged on that lip, making her release it. I ran my thumb along the edge of her mouth, our eyes locked in the most intimate embrace of my life. I opened my mouth to say the words, but different ones came out, ones that were tailored specifically for Arabella and nobody else. Words that only she would be able to translate to their true meaning.

I said, "All of my reasons are you."

And Arabella heard: I'm in love with you.

Its the way I KNOW you guys are shaking in your boots rn because things have been soooooo good... :)

LOVE YOU!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.2K 1.8K 8
Louis new roommate is rude and mean and has no boundaries. He keeps walking in on him when he has sex, even if he puts a sock on the doorknob. They f...
12.5K 387 12
Louis didn't believe in love at first sight until he met his neighbour Harry, the gorgeous man in the apartment next door who saved lives and had a s...
27.6K 1.7K 30
@supu1224 pitched me this idea: What about a story named versions where they face struggles of life and how that changes them into different persons...
117K 5.6K 17
I get suggestions from many of you and I love it! This is a combination of ideas from @straightnogayvodka @darktone2001 and @True12354 ♥️ Harry and L...