Bright Side [TWD Season 2]

By Purple_Ash27

Bianca thought all was good and well at the CDC, until Jenner told the group that the building was gonna expl... More

Introduction

1: What Lies Ahead

17 3 0
By Purple_Ash27

After they got away from the CDC, they had to leave behind a bunch of cars to save fuel. In the end, they had Daryl's bike, the RV, and the station wagon.

Rick, Lori, Carl, Carol and Sophia were in the station wagon. Dale, Glenn, Bianca, Andrea, Shane and T were in the RV. Daryl was leading the pack on his bike.

Bianca was sitting on the floor of the RV as she watched Shane clean his gun. "Looks complicated." Andrea said, sitting across from him.

"The trick is getting all these pieces back together the same way. I could clean yours, show you how." Shane reached down and grabbed Andrea's gun from the bag.

Shane checked it out then held it up to see how it feels. "Oh yeah. It's a sweet piece." He said to her. "It was a gift from my father. He gave it to me just before Amy and I took off on our road trip. He said two girls on their own should be able to defend themselves."

"Smart man, your father. Look it's a-- it's a limited capacity. See? Only holds seven rounds." Shane started, but was interrupted by Dale. "Oh jeez." Everyone turned to face the front and saw a bunch of cars blocking the way.

The rumble of Daryl's bike got louder as he came up to Dale's window. "See a way through?" Dale asked as Bianca and Glenn looked at the map. Daryl nodded his head and turned back around.

Dale started slowly moving as Glenn spoke. "Uh, maybe we should just go back." Bianca continued for him. "There's an interstate bypass--" She was interrupted by Dale.

"We can't spare the fuel." Dale tried to maneuver the RV carefully through the cars but before long, the RV made a loud noise and started smoking. Dale looked mad as ever that his RV keeps failing him.

Everyone loaded out of the cars to see what the problem was. "I said it. Didn't I say it? A thousand times. Dead in the water." Dale ranted. "Problem, Dale?" Shane asked, looking around at the cars before turning to Dale.

"Just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope--" Dale cut himself off as he looked around. "Okay, that was dumb." He muttered.

"If you can't find a radiator hose here..." Shane trailed off. "Theres a whole bunch of stuff we can find." Daryl said, rummaging through the trunk of the closest car.

"I can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start." T said. "Maybe some water?" Carol asked. "Or food." Glenn said. "This is a graveyard." Lori said, making everyone turn to look at her. "I don't know how I feel about this."

Bianca walked over to her and gently set her hand on Lori's shoulder. Lori gave her a small appreciative smile at her efforts. "Come on, y'all. Just look around, gather what you can." Shane ordered.

Bianca left Lori's side to start scavenging. She walked up to a deep blue nissan and looked inside. There were no bodies, not much blood. She opened the door but was caught off guard by the horrible smell.

"Oh my God, what is that?" She muttered to herself. She looked further in the car and saw an almost completely decomposed dog in the back floorboard. "Oh you poor thing, they just left you?" She asked softly.

She didn't see anything useful in the car, so she popped the trunk and went to look. When she opened it, she was pleasantly surprised. "Hey Rick! Come look!" She called with a smile.

Rick walked up to her and smiled at the sight of 2 boxes filled with a bunch of different canned foods. He patted her back with a smile. "Good find, let's go take them back to the RV." He told her. She nodded and they each grabbed a box, taking it back to the food storage in the RV.

Rick then continued to keep watch while Bianca went over to a different car. As she was looking through the trunk, Rick quickly ran up to her. "Get down! Under the car, now!" He exclaimed quietly.

She looked at him wide eyed for a second before doing as he said, rolling under the car. She held her breath and hugged herself tightly, noticing the many walker feet shuffling by.

Tears of fear filled her eyes as she looked around. Everyone was under the cars, but she noticed Carl and Sophia were under different cars, alone. Bianca kept her eyes glued to them.

As the walkers kept shuffling by, Bianca could hear her heart in her ears and she hoped the walkers couldn't hear it.

After a while, the walkers feet were thinning before they stopped coming. Everyone waited a little longer, just to be safe. But then Bianca saw Sophia start to climb out.

Before Bianca could tell her not to, a walker noticed her. She shrieked and crawled back under, but another walker showed itself. Sophia quickly slid out from under the car, Bianca following her lead.

Sophia ran into the woods, but Rick was faster than Bianca, sternly telling her to stay put before he ran after Sophia. Carol crying reached Bianca's ears and she quickly turned to the woman.

"Lori, there's two walkers after my baby!" She cried, grabbing onto both Bianca and Lori. Bianca had tears flowing down her face as well as she held onto Carol.

Before long, Rick was walking back up. "She didn't come back?" He asked the group. "What do you mean? You were supposed to bring her back." Bianca cried. "Shit. Daryl, Shane, Glenn. Can you come with me?" Rick asked.

They nodded and all four of them left back into the woods as Carol and Bianca cried, holding each other tightly. Bianca felt as if she was losing another sibling. She didn't know if she could handle it again.

After a while, Shane and Glenn came back, informing the group that Rick and Daryl were still searching. Shane ordered everyone to keep scavenging and help to move the cars so the RV can get through.

Bianca had left Carol by the guardrail so she could help the group, keeping her mind off Sophia. She was scavenging through a silver SUV when she came across a small tan onesie that said 'I Love My BIG Sister'. She held the onesie in a tight grip as more tears surfaced.

Glenn had noticed Bianca staring at something, so he walked over. When he saw what it was, and what it said, he gently grabbed it from her hands. She looked over at him as tears fell. Glenn had this certain look in his eyes that made her tears come out faster.

He quickly brought her into his arms as she cried. "I lost my little Cal, I can't lose Sophia too." She sobbed. He just shushed her softly as he ran his fingers through her hair. After a few moments, Bianca felt Glenn letting her go.

She looked up as different arms grabbed onto her, seeing Carol. "Come here, sweetie. Come sit with me for a while." She said softly, tears in her eyes. Bianca nodded and followed Carol back to the railing. Carol took a deep shuddering breath before turning to face Bianca.

"For the last 3 or so years, Sophia has told me about these dreams she has. In every dream, she's spending time with a young woman. Sophia said 'she's my big sister, that's what she always tells me' and I just thought she had made up an imaginary big sister. But when you first came to camp, Sophia got so excited, saying 'Mama! My big sister is here! She's real!' She told me you looked exactly like the girl in her dreams. I think that's why she took to you so quickly. She's usually not good with new people. But she loved you the very second she saw you. And when you came and returned it immediately, I saw her face light up. She was finally getting happier. I saw her smile more. She started playing more. Talking more. She started avoiding Ed so he wouldn't take her happiness. And that's all thanks to you. So no matter what happens, if we find her or not, I just want you to know that we both love you so much. And I am so grateful for your existence and your caring nature. I love you so much, sweetie. And I'm always gonna be right here with you." She said, tears falling from her eyes.

Bianca was quietly sobbing as she listened to Carol's words. She couldn't even form words, and Carol saw that, so she wrapped her arms around the crying girl, holding her tightly.

Sophia, I need you to come back and prove that there is a Bright Side to this world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 52K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
362K 21.6K 77
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
531K 24.3K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...
84.4K 5.9K 91
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...