Way to the Glory [Max Verstap...

Oleh HarryPotterAngel123

Angelica Lucia Leclerc, Olympic gold medalist and won 36 climbing worldcups. She is the middle child of the f... Lebih Banyak

Intro
Playlist
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Bahrain
Chapter 2-Fancy Dinner night
Chapter 3 - Qualifying
Chapter 4 - First race of the season
Chapter 5 - First Party in this season
Chapter 6 - The way I lost you
Chapter 7 - Biggest jokers in F1
Chapter 8 - About Nightmares and Daydreams
Chapter 9 - Rooftops
Chapter 10 - Bouldern
Chapter 11 - Chilling
Chapter 12 - Little Emmie
Chapter 13 - Ferrari night
Chapter 14 - Protect her at all costs
Chapter 15 - Mission Maxan
Chapter 16 - Back home
Chapter 17 - Graduation
Chapter 18 - "You are my family"
Chapter 19 - "What's wrong with you?"
Chapter 20 - The home of Danny Ric
Chapter 21 - Australia Baby
Chapter 22 - Where are you?
Chapter 23 - "I have noticed"
Chapter 24 - Always a Red Bull Girl
Chapter 26 - In the mountains of Italy
Chapter 27 - A bit too close
Chapter 28 - How my world turned upside down
Chapter 29 - Under Pressure
Chapter 30 - America here we come
Chapter 31 - A gloomy past
Chapter 32 - Isn't it strange, how people can change?
Chapter 33 - Explanations?
Chapter 34 - Father Figure
Chapter 35 - The bet
Chapter 36 - Home Grand Prix
Chapter 37 - Just tipsy not drunk
Chapter 38 - Racing or Jealousy
Chapter 39 - From Sibling Stories to Paddock Scuffles
Chapter 40 - Date Night
Chapter 41 - Watch out
Chapter 42 - Pit lane gossip
Chapter 43 - Written over your face
Chapter 44 - Ice cream
Chapter 45 - Grand Slam
Chapter 46 - Afterparty
Chapter 47 - Brothers
Chapter 48 - French Invitation

Chapter 25 - Party or Drinks?

1.2K 24 26
Oleh HarryPotterAngel123

Flashback (11 years ago [age 12] 26.06.2011)
"You have everything in your suitcase Angelica." my mom assured me and brushed my long hair one last time back. "When is Seb coming to pick me up?" "He will be here in the next minutes." Today was a big day, I was allowed to come to a race with Seb and this time we were flying to Spain for the grand prix in Europe. 

Then the doorbell rang and this was the moment, in which I stormed down the stairs to our front door. Here Seb was already waiting for me "SEB!" I exclaimed and jumped in his arms. "Hey Ane, so lovely to see you." he told me with a soft smile and ruffled a bit through my brown hair. "I missed you soooo much!" "Finally you are here, she couldn't stop talking about you and your cars since the last time you took her to a race." Mama giggled "Aha, then it's good to take you to a race isn't it? " I heavily nodded and after saying goodbye to everyone, I ran down to Seb his car.

"Maybe you should also try to be a racing driver in the future? Now tell me what happened since I saw you the last time?" the German smiled after he was driving through the busy streets. So I already began talking about everything that happened. It was really nice having him here, I really loved visiting Formula 1 races and was fascinated by those fast cars.

When we were at the airplane, I could sit next to Sebastian and even got the window seat. So I looked out of the window the whole flight. After the plane had landed, we got into the rental car of Red Bull and drove to the hotel. I was in the same room with Seb, because it was the best for everyone and he is my uncle.

"So are you hungry right now? Should we eat something?" he asked me and after I told him how hungry I am, we already went down to the restaurant of the hotel. 

A few days later: It's already race day
While holding the hand of Sebastian, I hopped through the paddock excited of what is going to happen today. He got pole position and the chances of getting a podium or maybe even a victory are really high.

When we entered the Red Bull garage together, Christian already spotted us and smiled at me. "Sebastian, Angelica how nice to see you again!" he kneeled down and looked at me "Are you already excited for the race today? Maybe Seb is going to win, wouldn't this be great?" he asked "It would, you are going to win aren't you?" I asked him "Of course Darling." he said and strokes through my hair. 

After Sebastian had to get ready for the race, Christian took me with him and went to the car with me to show me some things. Then he took me to the pitwall and the race was about to start, since the last drivers were driving to their start position after the formation lap. Then the lights were going on and within seconds all were out again and the cars sped away. Again I was completely fascinated of the cars and the loud noises of the roaring engines. 

Mid race, there were already three people who couldn't finish and the German Red Bull driver was still leading in front of Lewis Hamiton and Fernando Alonso. The pitstop went flawless and so it looked good for another win. In the end the podium stayed this way and Seb could finish P1. Together the whole team went to the Parc Ferme to congratulate Seb. After some proud pats he then also came to me and hugged me while lifting me up. I giggled and told him how great he did. 

After that, the podium ceremony followed and then when my uncle was back we met a few people on the paddock again. "Angelica! Hello, I haven't seen you once this weekend!" Michael spoke and also gave me a little hug "If I would have known this than I could have brought Mick too." he told me and smiled at me "That would have been great, we haven't seen each other in ages!" we talked a bit longer, but than he had to leave and since Seb got called over again, he looked for the first familiar face, so that I would not be alone. 

This face was no other than Fernando Alonso. "Fernando, could you please stay with Ane for a second, Sky wants an interview and I do not want to let her alone here." the older Ferrari drive just nodded and smiled at me "So how are you doing? It really was time for Seb to bring you to a race again!" he smiled and also we chatted a bit until the German came back. We also met Daniel and Lewis, before we left to the hotel again. 

We had dinner together with Christian and a few other mechanics of the team who are friends of Seb. The next day we flew back to Nice, from where Seb brought me back home to Monaco and then flew home to Switzerland. 

"Yea?" I asked confusedly "I wanted to ask you, if you maybe want to grab a drink with me tonight?" "Uhmm... I...I don't really know. I am just going to say yes then?" the answer was more like a question "Ane!" the voice of my little brother called and I saw him jogging over to us "Hi Arthur!" I smiled "Sorry to interrupt, but Dan told me I should ask you. He is going to a club tonight to celebrate his podium. You are coming right? If not I already said yes, because I know you would always say yes if Danny is partying." he smiled 

"Actually..." I began and saw him raising his eyebrows "Actually she agreed on grabbing drinks with me" Esteban told him "Umm sorry, what have I missed?" "I agreed on getting a few drinks with Esteban." "Come on, but you have to come to Danny his party! He would be really sad if not, this is the first podium since Monza, he would be disappointed." my brother said "Maybe another time?" the French asked "Sure" I agreed and with that he said goodbye, before disappearing in the crowd.

My younger brother softly embraced my wrist and towed me behind him to Charles his drivers room. The oldest of us was not here right now, because he has some interviews left and so Arthur just closed the door behind us and sat down. 

"So what is going on between you and Esteban, why have you agreed on drinking something with him?" he asked with concern in his voice "Excuse me?" "Why have you agreed on going to have drinks with Esteban Ocon?" he asked again clearer "I know I understood you already the first time, but excuse me? What's wrong with it, I think I can drink something with everyone I want too. Especially you Arthur always supported me in my activities?" 

"I... Don't be mad at me, but you know Pierre and Charles aren't really on good terms with him, neither am I. He is not such a kind person and I don't really think he would be a good person for you to go on a date with." I raised my left eyebrow "Just grabbing a drink together is not always already a date, Arthur." "Yea however, he would think of it like a date. So don't get me wrong, I support everyone you would date, I just don't think he is a good person, who fits to your character and person." 

"So all you want to say is that he is bad for me?" I questioned "Yea, I just don't want you be unhappy or disappointed and I think he wouldn't be the right one. So please don't be mad or anything, it is just well-intentioned advice. Not like Charles, he probably won't like any boy on your side, beside Enzo, Pierre and me." he laughed slightly and looked a bit nervous.

"Arthur, I will never ever be mad at you. Never. Whereby just if you eat my piece of cake again or you steal my phone charger. But I will think about it okay?" I told him and ruffled his hair and he hugged me "That's everything I wanted, thank you, I'm not doubting that you will take care of yourself. You can climb freaking hundreds of meter high walls, so handling any boy is probably easy for you." he laughed 

"You think I can get out like this?" I asked Arthur and scanned my body through the mirror a bit sceptical. I mean I love this dress, but it has a very deep neckline. He looked up from his phone and told me to turn around, then he heavily nodded. "You look gorgeous, Max eyes are going to fall off when he sees you!" "Arthur Leclerc!" I exclaimed and threw a pillow at him when I saw him laughing. "What! I'm just telling the truth, we all can see you two are crushing on each other, but you can't." "No Arth, he has no crush and now please shut up." I told him and rolled my eyes. He just shrugged and after we both were ready we went to the club together.

The drivers who are coming were already there, since they had some clothes with them and went there directly, but Arthur and I stopped at the hotel to fresh up a bit. It was not a long distance, so we just walked and I already thought about how this whole Formula 1 season made me wear high heels this often. 

Normally I barely wear them, but since the drivers were going to parties so often and I usually joined them, because it was fun. Yeah I know I don't need to put them on, but they just look fancier, change my mind. So I already know that my feet are going to hurt tomorrow, but so I look beautiful today and I'm a few centimeters taller then normally. And so Charles at least once in his life stops teasing me about my height, because so I'm nearly the same height as him.

The walk was just took a few minutes and so we arrived here, Daniel booked an area for VIP, so we aren't asked to take photos with fans the whole time. Not that they don't like them, but sometimes they as well as I need our privacy.  

So we entered the building and got told to get to the second floor, so we walked up the stairs and there was already a security guard who asked us about our IDs. We showed them to him and he let us in, after looking around a bit and we found the first people we know. This is Pierre and Yuki. So we walked towards them, they both gave me a hug and also greeted Arthur behind me. 

"You look stunning Ane." Pierre told me "I already told her that, Max his eyes will fall off." my brother spoke up behind me and all three boys laughed. "And I already told you to shut up dear brother." "Oh come on, we all are sure Max loves you since the first time he saw you." Pierre told me "Guyssss." I groaned annoyed "I think that's the point where I'm going to look for a new group to join." "Bye was nice seeing you." both Alpha Tauri yelled behind me and so I looked around. 

The next I found was Lewis together with George and Alex. "A wonderful evening to you three." I greeted them when I approached there. "Oh good to see you, Charles already said you would also come tonight." Alex smiled and again I got hugged by all three "You look gorgeous Angi, it is a while ago since the last time I saw you." Lewis smiled and patted my shoulder.

"It is, I don't know I think Monaco two years ago? When I was with Charles at the race in Monza we couldn't meet right?" "Yea I think so and then you were training and in your abroad semester. But I watched every of you competitions." he assured "And I watched each race."  he then ordered a drink for me, because they all three already had one and so he ordered me some sort of mocktail. It tastes really good "Thanks Lew, it is a really good one!" "Oh you don't have to say thanks, you are a good friend of mine, take that for granted." I softly smiled again at him and after some more minutes of drinking and talking, we went to the dance floor.

One of my favourite songs was playing and we all swayed and moved to the rhythm of the song. Another thing beside climbing which I love to do is dancing, I already loved to move to the sounds of the music when I was little. I always jumped and hopped around our house with the music and my dad always took a video of it. When I was older like I think 17 I took dance classes, but my brothers weren't really a friend of dancing and so I wasn't able to really dance with someone in years. You know thesereal partner dances.

Anyways, George, Alex, Lewis and I had so much fun together and after some time also Daniel, Max, Mick, Charles and Lando came to us. When I felt my feet getting a bit tired again, I was looking for anywhere to sit down, so I decided to head towards the barstools. Also I told Lewis and Daniel that I'm going to sit down, so I'm not going to completely disappear. 

I ordered another drink and a glass of water, because I was feeling like I'm going to die of thirst. So I observed the others on the dance floor and especially I caught myself on how often my glance wandered a few more times to a Dutch Red Bull driver, than what I thought I should. So I slightly shook my head trying to get rid of it with a shot of vodka. 

Really, I should definitely stop drinking, normally my alcohol consume was limited, because it is just better for my body. This whole thing with this Formula 1 season is completely putting myself off my stride. This whole thing with all the parties and then all the boys here, actually I'm more the chilled movie night type than going to loud parties. 

This whole lifestyle is the complete opposide from mine. I mean now I'm in luxurious hotels, beautiful clubs and expensive restaurants with dresses and high heels. Before all that, I was mostly traveling though the world, to climb cool looking walls, getting dirt on my hands and being on rocks for several days without touching the ground. 

And then there is this other thing, I can't deny some of my brothers friends and opponents also look charming. I am used to many boys around me, since many of my climbing partners are males, but I have to admit, that I think that some here have this special attraction. 

Suddenly a hand on the left and right side touched my back and I jerked nearly falling of my chair. I looked to both sides and saw Mick and Pierre who sat down on both chairs next to me, laughing, because I nearly fell down. "Where were you? You stared in any direction, without staring on something special." Mick asked "Maybe she was thinking of her prince charming?" Pierre nudged me  "Pierre!" I exclaimed and looked at him "Can you all shut up with Max for fucks sake. First Arthur than you again. We are not a couple and probably will never be." I told him and was already really annoyed by everyone telling me about him.

"Look Mick, she even knew who I meant without calling names." the French next to me grinned as well as Mick. So I slapped his shoulder "Ouch" "It is not hard to know who you mean if you ship me with literally one person since the beginning of the season." I told him and got up pouting, grabbing the hand of Mick to look for some people with him. Yes with him, because he was not annoying for once and I have not really talked with him this evening. While that Pierre was running behind us also sulking for leaving him, which made the two of us burst out into laughter.

Mick and I were than walking back to the bar and ordering another drink, with Pierre searching for Yuki. Then the phase of talking about our childhood began and there were so many funny stories coming up. After a while also Max and Lando came to the bar and so they joined our conversation. Exactly when Mick began with narrating an embarrassing, but funny story of me. The other two boys began laughing really hard and so we enjoyed the night. 

After a few more drink, with me getting tipsy, I decided to hit the dance floor again. Okay, maybe I am already a bit further than slightly tipsy. I have not even had many alcohol drinks, but those I had, hit me hard. So I grabbed the hand of Max pulling him with me and also telling Mick and Lando to follow us. 

There weren't as many people dancing as before, because it is already late probably around 1-2 am. The music was still great and so we danced to the beat, which was really funny, especially Lando, because he is a terrible dancer. But he really was entertaining, after turning away from Lando I looked directly at Max. Both of us having a smile curled on our lips, we continued swaying and yes I felt and realized Max slightly putting his hand on my waist. But still with respect, which some other guys could learn. 

Mick POV
I left the dance floor, when I saw Ane turning to Max again. So I also pulled Lando with me who was complaining, but I just wanted them to have their moment right now. We stood a bit aside and Lando immediately found his best friend Carlos, who also looked like he spotted the two dancing. It was obvious to see that the Spaniard has a crush on the Monégasque, even Lando knew that. The Brit also saw the how the smile on his best friend's face slightly faded and already tried to cheer him up, but the glance of him was still fixed on the pair. 

I decided that Lan is going to get Carlos in a better mood and so I also saw Pierre who is standing there with the two Leclerc brothers. All also seeing the couple, the youngest and oldest of the group both smirking, while Charles is watching them with eagle eyes, but also with a smile. He is really protective over Ane, because she already went through so much, so he just wanted the best for her. The most important is, that he wants her to be happy and I think he now also understood that Max is making her smile more than just a few times. 

"I really love those two together." Pierre spoke and we all agreed "They are sooo cute, I think it is just a matter of time, until they are getting that they are already in love with each other." I told them "I whish it is soon, I really think both of them would really be happy to have each other." Arthur also agreed.

Max POV.
She was already slightly drunk when she grabbed my hand and pulled me up from the barstool. I can't deny how gorgeous she looks tonight. I mean she always looks stunning and her character is even more beautiful. Her hand grabbing mine, is like sparks touching my hand and leaving these tingling. She let go of it when we arrived between the few people left and I looked at her, she really knew how to move to the rhythm of the music. While I was starring at the young woman standing before me, she was watching Lando who is dancing terribly.

Then she again turned around and looked at me, she was really close and with the heels taller than normally. I softly put my hand on her waist, not wanting to scare her away or looking like a creep. We together swayed to the music and I don't when the last moment was, which I enjoyed as much as I like this one. After a while she was slightly resting the top of her head against my chest, looking exhausted. 

"Are you tired? Do you want to get home? We can look for your brother or Pierre." I offered to her and she nodded "That would be great, I really am tired and my feet are hurting a bit." I looked her in the face and saw her than looking down at her shoes, strolling a few meters away from the dancing people. 

She stopped and then leaned to me for support, while she slipped out of her right shoe. She looked at the red spot on her heel, which was bleeding a bit. She took a handkerchief out of the small bag hanging down of her shoulder. She ripped a tiny part of it and held it on the bleeding spot, before putting the shoe on again. We then looked around for her brothers, Pierre or Mick. They were all standing together with Yuki, Daniel and Lewis having a lively conversation, stopping when they saw us walking into their direction.

"Hi lovebirds!" Daniel greeted us and made me roll my eyes "Ellie is tired, she would like to go back to the hotel, is anyone of you guys bringing her home? I mean I can too, but I think then Charles would kill me." I told them and slightly smiled, wrapping my arm around the Monégasque woman to support her since her feet hurt really much. 

"I'm not going to kill you Max and I think we all planned to head back, it is already about 3:30 am so I think it is time." he smiled at me and so we all went outside. I saw Ellie struggling to walk and limping slightly. "Should I take you? You can barely walk and your foot is bleeding." I told her and she nodded thankfully. I picked he up with one arm under knees and one holding her back. She than said thank you again and wrapped her hand around me. 

I saw Arthur turning around and looking at me with a grateful smile, also nudging the French next to him as well as little Schumi.  Who then turned around and smiled. After some minutes, Angelica also fell asleep and then 10 minutes later we arrived back at the hotel. Arthur told me to lay her down in his room on the king size bed, since nobody wanted to wake her up. He then removed the bit makeup which she is wearing and then I also walked back to my room. 

After getting in a sweatpants and brushing teeth, I lay down, trying to sleep, but I couldn't. I was awake and nothing changed that. My thoughts were still about Ellie and how beautiful she looked today, her taking my hand and then carrying her back. 

I looked at the clock next to me, which told me that it is already 5:45 am and I couldn't even sleep a few minutes. I tried to turn off all the thoughts and later, I probably really fell asleep, because the next thing I recognized was the sound of the alarm on my phone waking me. 

4004 Words

Yea I'm still alive and back, sorry the chapter couldn't be online last week. But I played at an concert this week and the preprations were just crazy and then all those exams. So I want to say sorry, but here you are with a long chapter. 
I hope you like this one and appreciate if someone votes or maybe even writes a comment. See you guys at the next chapter❤️✨👋🏻

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

291K 6K 60
Sticking around was never her intention. She just wanted to watch one race and the people around her made everything in their power to keep her there...
16.9K 601 13
While y/n Leclerc managed to detach from all the stress, to focus on her new relationship with Pierre, Charles Leclerc's life is falling apart. You t...
56.4K 850 22
The past year has gone from bad to worse for Charles Leclerc. He lost the World Championship to his greatest rival and then his three year relationsh...
384K 8.7K 50
~ '𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫' ~ ❝You know I'll w...