Missing piece

By overthinkerexpress

You never realise somethings missing until you've lost it. ' if you love someone you tell em' More

~ welcome to missing piece ~
~the carousel keeps turning~
~life changes in a heartbeat~
~tape and glue~
~councilling~
~boston~
~back to normality~
Blood is thicker than Water or is it?
Gut feelings
The come down
A mystery will find its way to stay that way
Returning home or is it really home?
Settling back in or getting ready to leave again?
Put em in coach
It's been six months...
Fixing yourself or the things around you?
Maybe fixing yourself isn't the answer
Because you were fixed all along
getting better isn't a one size fits all
Recovery is a long road
should I stay or should I go?
the interview
the silent treatment
the night before
a new beginning?
flight
going going gone
luna shepherd
the return
the new normal
how bad is it if you don't talk about it?
a new start?
this is me trying
authors update

it all comes down to this

96 1 3
By overthinkerexpress

Now all the year's Luna had dreamt of taking her boards or thinking about it she never knew she'd wake up hungover in a bed with the guy she was desperately in love with. But she wasn't going to let that ruin her day or chances at passing.

"Hii" Luna said rolling over and looking at Jackson quietly asleep.

She knew she didn't want to stay because she had to get ready but didn't want to just leave. Noticing the note pad she knew she had to write a note so she could leave without making him upset or question their relationship anymore.

hi Jackson,

I didn't sneak out don't worry, but I also didn't want to wake you up as you know I'm a morning person and need to do things before our boards. we both know that we are going to be fine. and I know you will always be there for me. so good luck today not that you need it and we can talk afterwards.

lots of love,

your luna

Luna had spent the last few years preparing for this and knew that nothing could mess it up for her even if it was a boy.

Luna had gone from Jackson's room to her own and just got into her zone. Not talking to anyone or anything just simply going over the basics again and getting ready.

"Luna Shepherd" The woman called out. The moment her name was called her stomach sank.

It all comes down to this.

Luna walked into that room knowing that when she exited two people would've decided her future.

"A previously healthy 3-year-old male presents to your primary care clinic with acute onset of generalized petechiae. He is otherwise well and the review of symptoms is negative for weight loss, fatigue, recurrent fevers, and change in activity. On physical examination, the patient is a well-appearing toddler in no apparent distress with generalized petechiae. The remainder of his examination is normal. There is no history of a preceding viral illness. He does not take any medications. A family history of bleeding disorders is non-contributory. CBC is significant for severe thrombocytopenia with platelets of 12,000. WBC and haemoglobin are normal. Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis in this patient?" A youngish-looking man asked. And all Luna could think of was how she looked older than him so how could he be the one interviewing her?

Luna thought very hard before speaking but not leaving it too long.

"Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, a Splenectomy is curative for most patients but is indicated only for life-threatening emergencies and/or refractory disease because of the risks associated with asplenia. Watchful waiting may be considered in mild cases with platelets 20 K/L." Luna said smiling.

There was silence between her answer because the examiners looked at each other before proceeding to ask another question.

"A 10-year-old girl presents with restlessness, irritability, and chorea of the face, hands, and arms bilaterally. MRI revealed enlargement of the basal ganglia. Symptoms improved with valproic acid and resolved in approximately 6 months. The disorder was most likely related to autoantibodies that cross-react between antigens in basal ganglia and antigens in the membrane of:" The man asked again, this question was so easy Luna thought to herself.

"Group A streptococcus, The patient likely presented with Sydenham's chorea as a manifestation of rheumatic fever, which develops months after Group A streptococcal infections. It is the most common acquired chorea of childhood." Luna again said not even having to think about the answers.

"Luna you switched specialities so last minute how did you manage to keep up with the revision and knowing so much" The examiner who wasn't asking questions asked.

"Well, when you are passionate about something you put your all into it right?" Luna answered readjusting the way she was sitting in her seat.

"A 3-year-old female toddler presents for a routine well-child visit. You note an abdominal mass on the exam. You suspect the child may have a Wilms tumour. There have not been any urinary symptoms, but the urine dipstick shows evidence of blood. There's a history of breast cancer in the family." The man asked his final question for the first session.

"Biopsy of the abdominal mass, then after that I would operate to remove or suggest chemo or radiation but make sure because of their young age it isn't too aggressive" Luna answered. She felt a weight on her shoulders because she hadn't killed one of her hypothetical patients.

"Thank you we will see you in your next Session," The young man said to him.

________________________________________________________________________________

Luna was desperate for the toilet but like usual there was a cue so did what she would've done any other time.

Go to the men's toilet.

"Come on your surgeons, you've probably seen inside a cervix but me talking in fully clothed is making you uncomfortable okay," Luna said walking past all the men pulling faces at her.

"Luna?" the familiar voice asked her.

Luna turned around to see Jackson standing there.

"Oh hi, sorry I need a wee," Luan said before slipping into the stall.

All Luna could think about was Jackson was listening to her pee.

"Sorry about that, how's your session going?" Luna asked while washing her hands.

"Uhm my mom is next door and all I can hear is her laugh. And she also slept with the chief" Jackson exclaimed.

Luna looked at him and saw all of his nerves streaming out of his face all over again.

"Look Jackson you need to focus, shut every other thought out of your mind...she slept with Owen?" Luna suddenly processed what the said.

"No no, Richard she slept with Webber" Jackson answered back.

"Okay okay, I love you and you can do this okay? Just pretend like I'm asking you the questions or something" Luna said holding his hand.

Jackson's lips soon connected with Luna's. It wasn't a Kiss they were used to more of a kiss they both needed to feel like they could do this.

"Did you know April slept with someone?" Jackson said breaking away from the kiss.

"Really who?" Luna asked shocked that she had slept with someone.

"The guy from last night," Jackson said smiling forgetting about his doubts because at that moment it was him and Luna.

"Ewww no really? Damn April should've never left her" Luna said laughing.

"Thank you," Jackson said looking at Luna, seeing her freckles glisten in the light.

"It's okay, but J promise me one thing?" Luna asked kissing him on his lips one last time.

"What?"

"Don't let your Mom or anything distract you can do this. I believe in you so much that I didn't check on you when preparing because I knew you had it in you. People would say it's because you are an Avery but it's not that. You've got this because you have everything you need to be a great surgeon without your family. So please go in there and be the rockstar surgeon you are?" Luna said holding his hand and smiling.

"You are cheesy have I ever told you that," Jackson said with a big smile on his face.

"Nope but I know I am now let's go before we miss our final session," Luna said giving Jackson one final kiss and then walking out of the toilets.

The final session felt like an interrogation more than an exam. It was almost like they didn't want Luna to pass or that's what she felt.

"Thank you that's the end of the test Miss Shepherd, may I say you are the first person I've ever examined that answered those questions with a such calm but also precision," The examiner said.

__________________________________________________________

"That felt like an interrogation"

"I've never questioned my intelligence until now"

"Anyone knows how Alex did?"

"Anyone knows if Alex made it?" April said.

"Made it?" Meredith asked.

"He left to go attend to Morgan," Luna said raising her eyebrows.

"I want a bad Seattle coffee right about now," Jackson said.

"Well, the coach is right there so not long till you can have you," Luna said resting her head on his shoulders.

Meredith, Cristina and April all looked at each other as this was the first time they had seen any sort of PDA from Luna and Jackson in months.

"Alex!" Meredith shouted as we saw him walk out.

"What?" Alex responded with a confused look on his face.

"You made it" April squealed.

"Yeah, I made it," Alex said with a smirk on his face.

The journey back for all the residents was long and boring as they were all waiting until midnight for their results. But for one of them, they weren't going to pass. Cristina had been talking about the fact 1 in 5 residents fail and there are 6 of them so one of them by possibility would fail. But none of them knew who or if they would.

"I need to pee," April said running for the bus.

"Any of you on call?" One of the nurses said seeing all the residents.

"No!" They all shouted back in unison.

"It's 12" Luna shouted logging into her email.

Luna Shepherd ~ Board Exam: Pass

"I passed!" Jackson shouted.

"I passed" Cristina shouted.

" I passed too," Meredith said grabbing onto Cristina.

"Mine isn't working" Karev angrily said.

"Here use mine" Jackson handed his phone to Alex.

"I passed, I freakin' Passed" Alex shouted.

"Luna?" Meredith asked looking at Luna as she stood in silence.

"I passed, I passed. Sorry" Luna said relieved.

They all simultaneously started jumping up and down so relieved they had passed until they turned around to see April.

"I didn't pass, I failed" April uttered before it went silent.

They didn't all pass.

notes -

hope y'all are excited for the next few chapters as we all know that's coming.

if any of you have any ideas of what injuries Luna should have tell meeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 349 59
A tell of two people you would never think to be together falling in love.
44.3K 458 64
"It was all just a game, who could ever love someone like you?" Rung in my head about 5000 times. It's time.
365K 5K 56
"Sometimes when you get hurt, all it takes is one touch from that right person, and everything is suddenly okay again."
9.3K 893 33
You can't lose a good thing if you never had it in the first place.