Death Do We Part ( Varian x R...

By DisneyReferenceQueen

๊งเผ’โ˜ฌ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฐ๐“ฒ๐“ป๐“ต ๐”€๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ฏ๐“ป๐“ธ๐”ƒ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ผ๐“ต๐“ธ๐”€๐“ต๐”‚, ๐“ช ๐“ซ๐“ธ๐“ญ๐”‚ ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ผ๐“ฎ ๏ฟฝ... More

A Girl And A Butterfly
The Corpse Alchemist
Remains Of The Day
Streetlamps
Moon Dance
If I Touch A Burning Candle
Do Forgive Me.
Preparations For A Wedding.
Concerning The Dead
Can A Heart Still Break Once It's Stopped Beating?
Author's Note

You Play Piano?

1.6K 58 105
By DisneyReferenceQueen

The butler answered the door, he narrowed his eyes at the girl and her parents. Y/n's mother entered and started complimenting the mansion as Y/n and her father entered silently.

" Oh such fine taste! What grandeur!"

The butler scoffed and rolled his eyes as he pattered away. The Everglot couple stared in disgust at the family before them. The butler introduced the family.

" Mr. and Mrs Van Dort, with their daughter, Y/n Van Dort." He then pattered away again. Y/n's father stepped forward.

" Well, you must be Mrs.Everglot. I must say, you don't look a day over twenty." He complimented with a wink. His wife hit him in the stomach with her fan. Mrs.Everglot looked at them with unimpressed eyes. She turned to her husband, who was doing nothing.

" Smile, darling. Smile." She said in a low voice so only her husband could hear. The scowling man growled and rolled his eyes. Before turning back to the Van Dorts. His cheek bones wriggled in effort to smile making his eye twitch, and he ended up with a very creepy side smile.

" Well hello. What a pleasure, welcome to our home." He enunciated without moving his smile.

" Well thank you." Y/n's mother said as she fanned herself.

" We'll be taking tea in the West Drawing Room." Mrs.Everglot said as she motioned for them to follow. They all started away. Y/n sighed and went to follow, taking a glance at the mansion. She then spotted a piano right next to her. She stopped walking. The others took no notice and went ahead.

The girl played a few notes with a soft smile. She'd always loved music.

She started playing one of her favorite songs she'd written a while ago. She sat on the bench as she played softly. The low notes sounded tragic, but there were also higher notes that complimented the lower ones, it almost sounded romantic.

Edwin, still in his room straightening his hair, gasped as he heard the piano being played downstairs. He walked out of his room, and into the hall. The brown haired boy gently smiled as he saw a h/c girl playing the piano, not taking notice of her surroundings. Edwin slowly descended the stairs, silently coming up behind her as the girl passionately played. He watched her fingers move effortlessly across the keys.

Never before have I heard such beautiful playing. Edwin thought as he watched the girl. The mysterious girl took a glance behind her, her eyes widened and she startled, playing a sour note when she noticed Edwin standing behind her. She quickly stood and nearly knocked over a tiny vase that held a single flower. She put her hands on it to keep it from falling, before facing the boy before her and respectfully hanging her head down and clasping her hands together as she cleared her throat.

" Do forgive me." She pleaded.

" You play beautifully." The brown haired boy quietly said.

" Please, forgive me Mister Everglot...h-how rude of me to.." She noticed that the bench had also fallen over.

" Excuse me," She said as she bent over to put the bench back in its rightful place. Edwin watched her with curious innocent eyes.

" Mother won't let me near the piano, according to her, 'music is improper for a young man.' Too passionate, she says." He said as he rolled his eyes. Y/n took notice of how quietly the boy spoke. Almost like a whisper.

" I-If i may ask...Mister..Everglot- Where is your chaperone?" She said as she met the boy's brown eyes with her nervous e/c ones. Edwin smiled.

" Perhaps," He started, not answering the question. " I-In view of the circumstances, You could call me..Edwin." He stated as he took a few steps closer to the girl. The girl sighed.

" Ha, Yes. Of course...Edwin." She said as she fidgeted with the hem of her dress.

" Yes, Y/n?" Edwin said curiously.

" Tomorrow we are t-to be.."

" Married." Edwin finished politely as Y/n couldn't seem to get the word out for the life of her.

Edwin stared at the girl a beat longer before tearing his eyes away and looking to the piano. This poor girl, she is so nervous. I try to make her feel at ease but nothing seems to work.

" Ever since I was a young boy, I've dreamt of my wedding day." He sighed as he sat at the piano's bench.

" I always hoped to find someone I was deeply in love with. Someone to spend the rest of my life with." He chuckled to himself.

" Silly, isn't it?" He said as he glanced at the girl. To which she nervously replied.

" Yes, silly..haha..NO! No- not at all- no-" The girl fumbled as she accidentally knocked over the tiny vial holding the single flower on the piano, spilling a few drops of water. Edwin gasped.

" I'm sorry." Y/n apologized as she sighed. Nothing seemed to be going right. Edwin gave the girl a thoughtful look as he was about to speak.

" I-"

" WHAT IMPROPRIETY IS THIS?" Mrs.Everglot's voice boomed as she walked into the room. Her husband and Y/n's parents behind her.

" You two shouldn't be alone together!" The woman appalled. " Here it is 1 minute to 5 and you're not at the rehearsal." She scoffed at her to be daughter in law. The h/c girl lowered her head. Edwin looked down, staying silent.

" Pastor Galswells is waiting! Come at once." Mrs.Everglot scolded as she turned to leave the room, signaling the two young ones to follow.

*************************************************************************************************************

Three Hours Later....

" Miss VanDort, from the beginning, AGAIN." Pastor Galswells said, annoyed. The room's windows let in dim light as the grey day beyond still went on outside. They had been doing rehearsals for hours, and yet Y/n was still messing up during the vows. She was about ready to throw a candle at the rude pastor, but luckily Edwin was being very understanding. The rest of the family however, watched with judging gazes at the young woman. Most likely thinking their time is being wasted.

" With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I light your way in darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine." The pastor recited for Y/n for the 100th time. The h/c girl sighed and took a breath before trying again. Edwin stood patiently beside her. The girl lifted the candlestick.

" With this candle," Y/n started as she stepped forward to light the wick of it on the lit candle on the table. Holding it in the flame as one should, then taking it out.

It didn't light. The girl narrowed her eyes. Repeating this process again.

" This...Candle..."

Still no fire set aflame the candle.

" This candle..."

Y/n took a glance at her parents who sat behind her. Her mother fanned herself while pinching the bridge of her nose. Her father worked to comfort his wife. The Everglots sat staring at the girl with grim faces.

Nervously, the girl looked back forward to see the priest as he cleared his throat and stomped his wooden stick. His eyes flickered to the candle and to the girl again. The girl looked to see that the candle had finally been lit.

" Aha!, with this candle, ha-" Her breath blew the flame out.

...

" CONTINUE!" The pastor commanded as his eye twitched. The mansion's doorbell rang. You flinched a bit. Edwin placed a hand on your shoulder, giving you a bit of encouragement.

" Get the door Imel." Mr.Everglot waved his hand and dismissed the butler.

" Let's just...take it up at the candle bit." Pastor Galswells said tiredly. Just then, the butler strode back into the room holding a small card. He stopped at Mr.Everglots chair.

" A Lady Barkus, sir." He announced just as the said woman gracefully walked in. Her white hair was slicked back and her dull charming eyes looked about the room, inspecting it.

" I haven't a head for dates, apparently I'm a day early for the ceremony." The woman said as she inspected her fingernails absentmindedly. Mrs. Everglot, already seemingly impressed at the well put-together lady, took the card and read the name.

" Is she from your side of the family?" Mr.Everglot whispered to his wife.

" I can't recall." She said, astounded.

" Imel, a seat for Lady Barkus." The woman snapped her fingers and the butler set to work to get a chair.

A few seconds later the chair was set and Lady Barkus sat in the chair, crossing one leg over the other smoothly as she glanced at the to-be couple standing at the rehearsal altar. Y/n had one eyebrow raised at the woman while Edwin just seemed innocently curious as to who the mysterious Lady was.

" Is he related to you?" Y/n asked her fiance' in a whisper.

" No, I thought she was perhaps an aunt or cousin of yours." The boy whispered back.

" I'm afraid not."

" How strange."

" Do carry on with your rehearsal." Lady Barkus insisted. The teens blinked before looking back toward the pastor once again.

"...Let's try it again, shall we Miss Van Dort?" The old man announced for the billionth time.

" Yes, sir." Y/n nervously said as Edwin lit her candle for her when she wasn't looking.

" Right." The pastor instructed.

"...Right." The girl said, holding up her left hand.

" OH- RIGHT!" She realized as she switched hands, now holding the candle in her left hand and holding up her right. " With..this..."

Oh no- I've forgotten again. She thought miserably.

" HAND!" Pastor Galswells rolled his tired eyes.

" With this..hand," Y/n started again as she picked up Edwin's soft hand. He nodded at her silently, giving her a small smile. The two looked at each other as they started forward. " I will-"

BUMP!

The table wobbled as they walked into it. The wine in the goblets stirring at the sudden movement.

" THREE STEPS! THREE!" Pastor Galswells yelled. " CAN YOU NOT COUNT?! DO YOU NOT WISH TO BE MARRIED? MISS VAN DORT?" The old pastor commanded, his final string of sanity undone. Edwin looked at the man, appalled as he put a hand over his mouth. Y/n just stared at the man with wide eyes.

" No!-No!..." The h/c scientist started.

" You do not?" Edwin said, a bit hurt, but understanding.

" NO! I meant 'no i not..NOT..wish to be married'. That is- i want very much to-" Her lie was cut off at the pastor's long stick hitting her over the head.

" OW!-"

" PAY ATTENTION!" He commanded. " Master Everglot, I don't suppose you have the rings?" He said as he rolled the 'r'. Edwin blinked at the man before nodded and putting his hand in his suit pocket. The boy's face went from calm to panicked as he took his hand out and patted all over his suit. Before sighing as he found the two golden rings in his other pocket. Y/n hid her small chuckle.

Looks like I'm not the only clumsy one.

" Wonderful. Now give one ring to Miss Van Dort so she can complete her vows."

The boy did as the pastor said. Y/n held the ring between her point finger and her thumb as she showed it off to the small familial audience. Her father winked and gave her a thumbs up. The girl nodded at her father and turned back to the pastor.

The ring slipped from her grasp.

Everyone gasped as the tiny ring clinked on the floor, rolling every which way as the girl scrambled after it. Edwin sighed as he slapped his forehead.

" Dropping the ring! This girl does not want to get married!" Pastor Galswells weeped as he looked up. Y/n still held the lit candle as she slid on the carpet right as the ring went under Mrs.Everglots dress. The young girl had no hesitation as she slid her entire arm under the old woman's dress, looking for the ring. Mrs.Everglot gasped in appall.

" AHA! Got it!" The teenage girl said as she stood up and proudly showed off the ring.

That could've been quite a disaster if I hadn't acted in time. The girl proudly thought.

We should have tea and cakes after this. I'm quite hungry. Yes- cakes sound delicious right about now. In fact it smells like someone is making one. Wait- why would someone be baking cakes right about now- smoke..haha..SMOKE!?!

Mrs.Everglot screamed as the others gasped at the woman's dress that was now lit up in flames from Y/n's candle.

" Out of the way you NINNY!" Mr.Everglot said as he shoved past Y/n, everyone flocking around Mrs.Everglot to try and put out the fire. Her husband stomped on the dress.

" Oh my!-" Y/n's father's nasally voice sounded about the room.

" Mother!" Edwin panicked.

" Oh I hope it doesn't stain!" Her mother said as she fanned the flames with her fan.

" Stop FANNING IT!" Mrs.Everglot said as she slapped the fan away from her dress.

Meanwhile Pastor Galswells, who still stood at the table with tired eyes, closed his bible and sighed as he rolled his eyes.

" Get a bucket! Get a bucket!" Her mother commanded her husband.

" I'm on my way dear!" Her husband obeyed. Edwin joined his father in stomping on his mother's dress's flames.

All of a sudden a golden goblet from the wedding table was poured over the flames. Everyone looked up to see Lady Barkus standing calm and collected. Everyone stared at the woman in shock.

" Enough!" Pastor Galswells shouted. " This wedding cannot take place until Miss Van Dort is properly prepared!" All looked to Y/n, who stood, petrified. Edwin stood behind them all, his shy demeanor stopping him from helping the girl.

The crowd of angry adults walked toward her as she backed up towards the door.

" Young woman...learn. Your. Vows." The pastor said as his voice dripped with venom. She looked around the room at her angry and disappointed parents, her to-be in laws that had already hated her from the start, she looked to Edwin, hoping he would provide some sort of reassurance.

He sighed and looked away.

With that the h/c girl straightened her back, and narrowed her e/c eyes in fury at her own life.

" Well perhaps this entire arrangement was a mistake, Reverend." She addressed the pastor as she fixed her dress.

" I was not prepared for this marriage in the first place, and I don't think I ever will be. I have tried my hardest, and even that has failed. Feel free to find another suitor, Mr and Mrs Everglot. For I know I have failed you. I...I've failed you all." Her voice cracked as tears threatened to spill over. With that, turned the doorknob and ran as fast as she could out of the mansion. Wanting to get as far away from her life, her parents, Edwin, everyone, as possible.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 44 14
ยกIrregular updates! ยกยกI TAKE REQUESTS LIKE SAID ON TITLE SO GO CRAZY!! I will write down the ideas I get for a one shot and who knows I may even cre...
41.1K 522 28
I'm really bad at descriptions so I'll make it short and quick. A whole lot of stories of Varian and you. Please comment any requests you have. Also...
33.2K 601 36
Just some Varian x Female Reader one shots, that's all! I hope you all enjoy โ˜บ๏ธ Tangled the Series does not belong to me!
22.8K 559 25
โ”โ”โ” ๅคข่ฆ‹ใ‚‹ใ‚ˆใ†ใช " INDULGE IN DAYDREAMS. " ๅฝกโ˜… preferences & imagines ; a bunch of stories about my favorite alchemist, varian. ๊’ฐ requests are CLOSED ๊’ฑ