The Tyrant King's Queen

By anjay_writess

"Look at me properly and try to remember." He implored her, his silvery eyes boring into hers. Maya raised he... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60/Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1(First day of spring.)
New Book!-His Mail Order Bride

Chapter 30

14.5K 775 27
By anjay_writess

    "Your majesty, a fight has broken out in the palace!"  A guard burst out as he rushed into the king's chambers. Dexter paused from the scroll he was writing, a brow raised to address the guard.

     "A fight?" He inquired, confused.

    " Yes, the queen is hitting the princess, Fleurie" he replied, his head bowed.

     That stopped him dead in his tracks. Maya is fighting? He immediately rose to his feet. "What happened?" He asked, his voice calm as he walked out of his chair towards the guards.

      " I have no idea, your majesty." He replied.

      "Take me there." He ordered smoothly. The guard bowed and immediately led the way. They walked to another wing in the palace where Fleurie resided. As he arrived, the maids who had gathered around quickly dispersed, leaving a crying Fleurie on the floor. Maya was nowhere to be seen.

     " What happened here?" He asked no one in particular, staring at Fleurie on the ground. Her eyes widened on seeing the king and she immediately sprang up to her feet."Your majesty! Fleurie cried out, tears streaming down her eyes. She immediately rushed to him but he took a step back.

    " I said, what happened here?" He repeated, his voice clipped.

    " It's the queen! She hurried up to me and hit me!She deserves to be punished!" Fleurie screamed desperately, tears streaming down her eyes.

      Dexter glanced at the hand imprints on Fleurie's face. It was red and swollen. Maya must have been really angry.

   " The queen just rushed up to you and hit you?" He asked, incredulous.

    " Yes! She even threatened to kill me!"

      I need to see her first. He turned around Immediately, completely ignoring Fleurie's cries and protests, heading immediately to her chambers.

      He found her there, pacing around. Maya

     " Are you alright? Are you hurt?" He asked, his expression softening as he hurried up to her. He tilted her face upwards, looking for hand prints, seeing there were none, he let out a sigh of relief. " What happened?" He said urgently.

     " It's Fleurie! That bitch tried to set me up!"

      " What did she do?"

     " She tried to use the villagers against me. I went on a tour with my handmaids today, only for me to be accused of trying to run over a child! A child!! Now everyone thinks I'm a wicked queen who goes around trying to hurt people."

     " Wait... You went out of the palace? And didn't inform me?"

    " No, I did. I sent Olivia to send the message."

   "Olivia?" Dexter asked, confusion apparent in his face. "I didn't receive any message." Dexter replied.

     Maya stared up at him, stunned. " You didn't? But I did, I made sure I..." Maya trailed off, her eyes going round. Then narrowed into slits. "Oh, that bitch!" She screamed, trying to get out but he held her back, placing her against his chest. Maya struggled against him, desperate to land another slap on Fleurie's face.

       Maya grew incensed, her face red with anger. She turned to Dexter, grabbing his clothes. Then in a low voice, she muttered. " I'm going to kill her. I am. She's been doing this for a while and I have been ignoring her hoping she would stop but she's taking me for a fool."

    " And you will. " Dexter replied just as calmly. " But first, I need you calm down. Seeing you like this bothers me. Let me handle this. " he muttered, cupping her cheeks, gazing at her softly. Maya took in a deep breaths, trying to calm down like Dexter said. Dexter was in the middle of soothing her when a knock came on the door. They both turned to it simultaneously.

     " Who is it?!" Dexter shouted, his expression changing in an instant. The door opened and a guard walked in, bowing immediately. " There are nobles here who want to see you. They are requesting a meeting immediately." He announced.

    " Can't it wait?! You can see I'm busy!"

     The guard flinched at the king's loud voice but still managed to force out. " I'm sorry your majesty, but they are keep insisting they want to see you." The guard rushed out, nervous as hell.

       Dexter groaned, rubbing his forehead. He glanced at Maya who stood still in shock. Her anger was replaced with fear, something heavy settled on his chest, constricting it.

      Fleurie's words had come back to haunt her. "Are they here for me? Do they want to impeach me?" She asked, fear creeping into her words.

     " That would never happen. Not while I'm here." He reassured her calmly but anger was already pooling into his eyes, making his gaze grow dark.

    " Stay here and wait for me, please?" He asked and Maya gulped. Eventually, she forced a nod.

     " Good." He placed a kiss on her forehead. " I'll be back."

     Casting one last gentle smile at her, he walked around, his demeanor turning deadly.

.
.
.
     Just like Maya had feared, the meeting was all about his wife. The rumors had gone out and somehow they had managed to make it appear even worse. Since he couldn't get the full story from Maya first so he had to listen to all of their complains first. According to them, she had been riding roughly in the streets and saw the child in the middle of the road, instead of waiting she made to run over the child.

     They also brought up incidents that happened in the palace lately and her incompetence in managing accounts. Gavin seemed to have used everything in disposal for his argument. He even had half of the council supporting him.

      Dexter waited them out, till all of their yelling became murmurs and the entire courtroom was as silent as a graveyard. He had yet to say a word.

     " Is that all?" He finally asked after a strained silence. Fixing his glare on each and everyone of them. They nodded, unable to say a word.

     " She should be impeached right this moment. We deserve a better queen!" Gavin suddenly roared, banging the table.

     Dexter scoffed, straightening up in his seat. " And who do you suggest? Your daughter?" He asked, his voice mocking. " Sorry, but no thanks."

    " I'll listen to your verdict once I have done my investigation and if truly, she is guilty of all the accusations you have all meted out against her, she will be impeached. If she isn't however..." He trailed off, a sinister smile working it's way up to her face. The temperature in the room dropped almost instantly and a few shivered.  "Until then, this meeting is adjourned."

      He stood from his seat and everyone else was had to bow at his exit.He immediately went to Maya's chambers but she wasn't in when he arrived. A maid told him she headed in the direction of the garden.

      He immediately set out there.
.
.
.
    Maya stayed at the garden, her emotions still all over the place. Although Dexter had only been gone for a few hours, it had been nerve wracking to wait for him in her chambers. All of her anger spent, she was left with bone chilling fear.

      She'd lost control and she hated that. They were probably talking about her now. Saying mean, incomprehensible things to her. Normally she wouldn't have minded but she was at the risk of losing Dexter here. What if Dexter was unable to save her? She couldn't bear the thought of it..

     Although she knew she didn't do anything wrong, she could help the dark thoughts whirling around inner mind. They threatened to drive her crazy. She bit her lower lip, closing her eyes as if to shut her mind to it.

     Movements in the bushes startled her, distracting her for a moment. She glanced around but didn't see anyone. Her heart began pounding, goosebumps rising on her skin. Out of her anger, she had walked aimlessly I to the garden and she was sure that she was probably lost since she was still unfamiliar with the garden yet. Are they trying to kill her now?

      " Who is there?" She called out, taking a step backwards. Hearing no answer, she decided to make a run for it when a hand grabbed hers, a hooded figure jumping out of the bushes.

      " It's me, your highness." A voice in a hooded cloak spoke and she stiffened, recognizing the voice. She tried to look at the direction.

          "Maya!" Dexter's voice rang out, sounding close. In an instant, the figure released her hand and disappeared into the bushes, leaving her behind.

        She stood there dazed until Dexter found her. Relief flooded his features on seeing her and he immediately rushed up to her, pulling her into a bone crushing hug.  His scent surrounded her and her nerves calmed a little.

       " I've been looking everywhere for you."he muttered, his voice low.

       " Sorry, I wanted to be alone for a little while " she said, wrapping her hands around him.

        " Come on, let's go inside." He urged her, grabbing her hand.

      As Dexter pulled her along, she threw a glance back. There was no one behind her. She swallowed, facing forward.

        Why was Nicholas here and why did he look like that?

A/N
   👀👀👁️👁️
Who do you think the new character is?
Let me know your thoughts!
See you in the next chapter 🙈🙈😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

996 35 23
//He had my hands pinned tightly above my head as I squirmed beneath him. The blade twisting between his fingers. He held it up to my throat. I was a...
77.5K 4.8K 58
Thousands of centuries ago humans, vampires, and werewolves lived together in harmony, considering one equal to the other. Ruled by a council of thre...
84.6K 1.4K 44
*More of a romance and less of a Mafia Novel.* ❝Everything I touch just turns to Ash❞ ❝If so than I'll gladly burn for you❞ _________________________...
1.1M 50K 66
This story is complete ✅ Casey is a nerd, but the charming, cute type. He evades college parties like the plague. Who knew he would accidentally jump...