The Greatest (TLOK)

By JaneMayLily

Everyone dreams of being the greatest at something. May it be the greatest bender, the greatest warrior or ev... More

Important stuff (I swear)
~Playlist~
OC and extra info
Face Claim
OC Clothing ideas book 1
1) The Avatar (Book 1)
2) I told you so
3) The get together
4) If I was a rich girl
6) Skyfall
7) Kai
8) Stirring the tea
9) The sacrifice
10) Attack
11) Auto Pilot
12) A last good bye
End of Book 1
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 2
13) Oh my spirits (book 2)
14) A mechanic or a sorcerer
15) Tension is in the air...
16)...everywhere I look around
17) The big bang
18) Lights, Camera, Action
19) Smooth criminal
20) A prison and A premier
21) Bright and deadly
22) Bad Sophie
23) A giant women
End of book 2
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 3
24) A Sneeze and a blast (book 3)
25) Kai 2.0
26) We are family
27) Treason
28) Kuvira
29) I'm glad
30) Life saver
31) Wait and see
32) Prison Blues
33) Always
34) Almost dying=Motivation
35) The first kill
End of book 3
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 4
36) See you again (book 4)
37) Stabbing the tension
38) Pulling a 'Kuvira'
39) Unpleasant Pleasantries
40) Fever dreams
41) Put a ring on it
42) Coward

5) Brothers

415 15 2
By JaneMayLily

Sophie POV

Today was a beautiful day.

Not just am I off for the next few days because of company maintenance but it is also the day of my meeting with chief Beifong.

THE chief Beifong.
Can you believe it?!

She let me explain every idea and even nodded a few times and told me at the end that she'll consider them.

And in my opinion, that's a success.

I walk back into the arena but stop when I hear someone shout my name.

I turn around and wait for the person to catch up.

"Asami, how are you?"I ask and give her a hug.

"I'm good soph, how was your meeting with Beifong?"she asks hugging me back.Well as best as she could while holding a cart full of packages.

"It was really cool and so exciting.What are you carrying?"I ask and take one of the packages from the cart to see what it is.

"These are new uniforms for your brothers and Korra."she explains.

I put the package back and help her push the cart into the building.

"These look so cool.Thank you Asami.I don't know what we'd do without you."I say and look up at her.

"It's all my pleasure, Phie."she says and we carry on walking in comfortable silence.

That took some getting used to.

I mean someone except my brothers and Kai calling me by my nicknames.Happens when you grow up with barely any friends.

We walk into the gym and I can see the team having a pep talk.

"We're ready!"Korra and Bolin chant.

"Not quite"Asami interrupts and holds up one of the uniforms,"you'll need these."

"Hey Asami."Mako greets making me cough loudly.
He turns to me and smirks"No, I forgot you on purpose."

I gasp and walk past him to Bolin and Korra.

"Hallo my favourite people!"I say loud enough for Mako to hear me.

"Good morning, sweetie."Asami says smoothly to Mako making me gag.

It was nothing personal just really cringy and uncomfortable to hear that interaction.

I glance at Korra and see that she has an annoyed look on her face.

"These new uniforms look great."Mako says.

"You look great, champ."she says and they rub their noses together.

Eww, what is this.
This is so painful to watch.
I took at Korra and see that her and me are both pulling a face and look away.

This is so bad.
How is Bolin watching this with a straight face?

"Well, teammates and dwarf,"Mako announces and puts a arm around Asami,"I'll see you before the match tonight.Asami and I have a lunch date."

And so they walk out together, leaving Bolin, Korra and me all alone.

"Okay, we'll check you guys later.You know, we'll see you when we see you."Bolin shouts and waves after the couple.

Then he literally slides over to Korra and try's to act cool,"So, Korra ...There they go, here we are.All alone in the gym."Bolin says.

"I'm still here."I say from behind them.

"You don't count."Bolin says over his shoulder and focuses back on Korra.

Huh Rude

"Just you and me, two alone people.Together.Alone."he carries on.

"We get it.You're alone and lonely."

Bolin gives me a glare but turns back to Korra.

Korra looks at me and I mouth 'run'.

"Uh....I got to head back to the air temple to train with Tenzin, see ya!"she turns around and literally runs away.

Smart girl.

"Bye, Sophie!"she shouts over her shoulder.

"Bye, Korra!"I shout just as she exists the gym.

There's a beat of silence before I go on my tippie toes and whisper in Bolin's ear,"Loner"

He gasps and turns around.

"Come here you little-"he says and starts running after me as I cackle sprinting around the gym.

He might be buffer but I have always been faster.

After we sorted that out, we saw that it had started to snow and so we decided to just stay home and chill out for a bit.

After Lunch Mako came home and a bit later he started cooking noodles  for us.

Bolin was trying to wash Pabu, who also got a adorable team uniform, while I was sitting on one of the ladder steps reading a book.

I tuned them out till Bolin asked something interesting.

"What do you think of Korra in a girlfriend sort of way?"I guess he asked Mako, but I was gonna say my opinion anyway.

"She's great, but I think it makes more sense for me to go for Asami."Mako replies making me close my book.

"I was talking about a girlfriend for me.Leave some of the ladies for the rest of us."Bolin says and turns back to Papu.

"I know, that's what I thought you meant."Mako try's to defend himself.

"Well?"Bolin asks

"Well, I think they are both out of your guys's league."I say looking at my brothers.

"No clue how Mako even pulled Asami."I carried on and shrug.

They both glare at me but I just smirk.

What? I say the truth.

"I don't know, Bo.It doesn't seem like a good idea for you to date Korra."Mako says.

"You just said she was great two seconds ago.Sophie, you say something."Bolin says and I roll my eyes.

"Well yeah, Korra's a great athlete and avatar and all that fun stuff, but I agree with Mako, I don't know if she's girlfriend material, for you at least."I say honestly.

Korra is a great person but I don't think she'd be the best person for dating and to be totally honest, I don't want Bolin to think that she has any interest in him either.So rather make him believe she'd be a bad girlfriend all together.

"Yeah, she's more like a pal."Mako agrees.

Ooh don't let Korra hear you say that.
She'll burn down the arena.

"You two are nuts.Korra and I are perfect for each other.She's strong, I'm strong.She's fun, I'm fun.She's beautiful, I'm gorgeous."he says and sticks out his hands.

"Amazing conclusions, Bolin.Let me make one about you and Pabu.He's a animal, you eat like one.Equals Best friends for life.Makes perfect sense."I say and Bolin flicks Pabu's bath water at me making me shriek.

"I don't care what you guys think.I'm gonna ask Korra out."he says with finality, taking Pabu out of the metal bathtub.

"Look, it just isn't smart to date a teammate, especially during the tournament.Keep your head out of the clouds and your priorities straight, okay?"Mako asks.

In smart moments like this I can see how Mako and I are related.
Well if you take away our similar looking features and the fact that we apparently pull the same facial expressions.

"Yeah, yeah, I know."Bolin agrees.

I can feel that this is gonna get really messy, really soon.

And I'll be here with fire flakes to watch.

I open my book again and carry on reading till Mako tells us that the food is ready.

After a bit, the boys and I get ready to go to the game.

Asami even got me a shirt with our teams logo on it so I can look like I'm part of the team which was really nice of her.

She's so cool.I hope Mako doesn't mess this up.

Our team plays amazingly and they seem to have perfect communication.

I was cheering for the entire match and was jumping up and down with joy.

When the team gets back to the balcony, I can see that Korra and Mako are having some weird moment so I decide to skip them and go straight to Bolin.

I was cheering on Bolin but keeping a eye on Mako and Korra just to see what was going on.

I turn around and walk closer to them but the second I enter hearing distance I hear Korra confess her feelings to Mako and that they were meant for each other, which makes me stop dead in my tracks and my mouth drop open is shock.

Mako tuns around without saying anything and Korra turns the other way which causes us to make eye contact.

She rubs her eyes at the realization that I heard her it all.

Mako rejects her and carries on doing something in his locker.

She walks over to a table and stops for a second.

I decide to walk over to her and give her a side hug which she lightly returns and I whispere in her ear,"It's okay.I'm pretty sure you can do better anyway ."I joke and give her a reassuring smile.

He might be my big brother but girls support girls and even I could see that he had mixed feelings about the two women.

He just confirmed that after his little chat with Bolin earlier.

She returns the smile but I can see that it doesn't reach her eyes.I give her another hug as Asami walks in.

These people really suck at timing.

"Congratulations, guys.You were so amazing out there."she says and kisses Mako.

I look up at Korra and see that she is looking at the couple with a solemn look.

Wow this is a mess.

I'm about to say something when a hand covers my face and pushes me behind them.

I stumble a bit but just glare at the idiot I call my brother.

"So, Korra.I was thinking you and me.We could go get some dinner together.Sort of a date situation."he asks making me face palm.

Why do all of them have to date each other?
What type of team dynamic is this?

"Oh, That's really sweet,but I don't think so.I don't feel very date-worthy."Korra says quietly.

Girl Mako isn't all that.Don't base your self-image of him.

"Are you kidding me?You're the smartest, funniest, toughest, buff-est, Talented-est, incredible-est girl in the world."Bolin says making her blush and giggle.

Since when does Korra giggle?To something Bolin says?

That makes me realise that she's going to use him as her rebound.

I can't hear anymore of this and decide to go to Mako and Asami but when I see that they are making out, I decide to just wait for Bolin and Korra to stop flirting.

Way to make me feel single guys.

Korra agrees to walk out, I walk with them and wait outside their dressing rooms.

Korra is out first and I can see her giving me a cautious look.

"I won't tell Bolin what you said to Mako but please don't hurt him.Bolin doesn't deserve it so please just be honest to him.Promise me, please."I promise.

My brothers are idiots but still the people I care about the most and I don't want to see either of them get hurt.

"I promise."she says looking in my eyes.

A few seconds afterwards Bolin walks out and I tell him that I'm going to spend the night at home.

I had left overs and enough library books to keep me busy for days.

On the way up I crossed Mako and told him about my plans, who was more than happy to hear that I had no social life and was gonna be safe at home until the next match that they were only playing later today.

I went back to the balcony to watch their next game but this time in sweat pants and the team shirt.

It was late and once they were finished I was going straight to bed.

When everyone came out Korra and Mako were in a sour mood while Bolin couldn't have been happier.

It was suspicious but I didn't dig into it.

The match was painful to watch to say the least.

Mako and Korra were both trying to one up each other and had zero communication while Bolin was bending for his life.

Let's just say instead of cheering the entire match, I covered my eyes not wanting to see them get beat out of the championship.

Bolin ultimately wins the match for the team by winning the one on one with a knock out.

I let out a sigh of relief.That was a close one.

The team wasn't in a celebratory mood so they all dispersed right after the game.

I was about to go back to my warm bed when I hear Bolin call my name.

"Aww are those for me?"I ask sarcastically pointing to the flowers he was holding.

"Good luck ever even getting some and, No they're for Korra."he says, hands me a jacket and puts a arm over my shoulder.

"Okay and how does this effect me?"I ask just want to go home.

"You're gonna come with me and be a eye witness to this significant moment in human history."he says leading me outside in the direction of the docks.

"Do I have a choice?"I ask annoyed putting on the jacket as the wind was cold.

"No but I'll buy you dumplings next time if you don't put up a fight."he says giving me a smile.

"Deal"

what can I say dumplings are the way to my heart.

We walk on for a bit but I don't really pay attention, enjoying the fresh air and calm atmosphere.

Suddenly we come to a stop me, making me look forward.

My mouth drops open in shock and I can feel my eyes become wide.

There were Mako and Korra....
Kissing.

Korra breaks away from the kiss and looks in our direction in shock.

Mako seems to realise that somethings not right and turns too us.

I look up at Bolin and see that he is still in shock but then breaks out crying.

He runs away throwing the floors on the floor.

I look at the two with a look of disappointment but decide they are not worth my time nor breath and run after Bolin.

"Bolin, wait for me."I shout, in hopes that he isn't too far already.

I catch up with Bolin and we end up in our favourite restaurant where he eats himself into a coma.

I must have been so tired, that I fell a sleep because one second I was looking at Bolin sobbing and the next I feel someone shake me awake.

"Sis, come on, let's go."Mako says while leaning on the table.

I ignore him but look over at Bolin who is still sobbing.

Mako turns back to Bolin and puts a arm on his shoulder.

"You're a mess, and we've got the biggest match of our lives tonight.Let's go."he says trying to get Bolin to stand up.

"No! Im not going anywhere with you, you traitor."Bolin shouts and slumps back into his seat.

"Guess we'll have to do this the hard way."Mako says and pick's Bolin up.

Bolin sobs even louder and shouts 'why' over and over again.

"Sophie let's go, you can also ignore me at home."he says nodding, towards the exit.

I didn't want to go home just because he told me too but I needed a change of clothes so I had to go anyway.

I pick up Pabu and alongside Mako.

"I told you dating a teammate was a bad idea."Mako says as if that makes anything better.

"Cheating on your girlfriend is a bad idea."I say to him making him glare at me.

"You're a bad idea."Bolin tells him making me smirk.

He starts shouting that Mako should put him down like a little child.

How are these people my older brothers.

Mako hands the restaurant owner the money to pay our bill and we walk to the arena in silence well except Bolins very loud sobbing.

I know this doesn't have much to do with me but even I felt betrayed.

Korra promised me that she wouldn't hurt him or lead him on in anyway.

Like no wonder he thought she was interested after their whole outing/date thing yesterday.

I went on to ignore Mako in support of Bolin and didn't speak to Korra either.

I sat next to Bolin on the bench just trying to give him some type of support.

The match did not go well at the beginning with Bolin puking out all the noodles he had last night.

That was absolutely disgusting.

The team put up a fight but not a very good one through, for the first two rounds at least.

At one point in the match Mako even accidentally hit Bolin with a fire blast which distracted Bolin and gave the opponents a chance that shoot him straight into the pool.

And then Korra pulled a illegal move and was called out for unnecessary roughness which caused her to bend at the referee who in return gave her a yellow fan.

This makes me cover my face in disappointment.
What have they become.

In the third round Bolin gets a hit by a disc which gets me worried and start looking for a first aid kit.

Mako gets distracted and shot into the pool while Bolin try's to keep on bending but is also ultimately shot into the pool.

Korra is now the only one left making me stop looking for a first aid kit and stand by the edge of the balcony.

I take my eyes off Korra to look at my brothers who are now going up on the lift.

They looking my way and seem to agree on something with a nod.

I take my eyes off of them and back to Korra who has all 3 elements directed at her.

She manages a knock out and I cheer with the rest of the arena.

My brothers arrive back by the balcony and I go over to Bolin.

"How's your shoulder?Are you okay?I read a book about first aid once, I can probably help."I say trying to look at his shoulder.

"No Phie I'll be fine.Just give it a moment."he says waving me off with his other hand.

I let him be and turn to Mako who is giving me a sad look.

"You okay?"I mumble quietly.

He gives me a soft smile and nods his head, "I'm fine."

That's all the sisterly care he is getting out of me.

Bolin stands up and we all cheer when the commentator announces that they're in the final.Mako hugs Bolin very tightly making me smile.Good to know that they are on good terms again.

Korra comes back to the balcony and the boys congratulate her.

"That was pretty much the coolest thing I've ever seen."Bolin says.

I guess he got over it, atleast he can stop sobbing now.

"Thanks for not giving up on us.We never would've made it this far without you.I owe you.Big time."

"You're welcome."she says and slightly shifts her eyes to me.

"Yeah, that was pretty cool of you."I say and cross my arms.

She still broke our promise.

She gives me a relieved smile and I go to join Bolin who sits on the bench.

We have a small moment of peace before the door is pushed open and I groan when I see who it is.

The wolf bats.

"Oh, oh.You boys smell something in here?Wait, I know what that is.Yeah, that's the scent of losers."says Tahno.

Me and Bolin stand up and join Korra and Mako.

"I hope we see you in the finals.Then we'll see who the losers really are."Korra says pointing a finger at Tahno.

"Yeah.I'm peeing my pants over here."Tahno mocks.

Korra looks like she's about to beat him up but I grab her arm and shake my head.

"He's not worth it."I whisper to her.

Then Asami rushes into the room and goes to hug Mako

"Great Job.What a comeback, Korra.I've never seen a hat trick like that."she compliments Korra.

I look up at Korra to see her reaction but she actually looks calm.

"Thanks, but if it hadn't been for you and your father .We wouldn't have had the chance to play.So thank you."she says.

Wow the kiss with Mako must have been soo bad that it knocked some sense into her.

"Uh, If everyone's done with the little thank you party, I need some medical attention over here."Bolin says grabbing his injured arm.

"Sorry, Bo but I couldn't find any first aid supplies.I'll have to first go look for some one."I say turning to him.

"No wait, Sophie, let me help."she says and walks over to Bolin.

"Ow!Ah" he screams when she touches his shoulders.

"Haven't you hurt me enough, woman?"he shouts at her.

"Relax,I'm a healer.I learned from Katara, the best there is."she explains and starts healing him.

I gasp at that,"I have wanted to study healing for like...forever."I say and rush over to take a closer look.

"Sophie I'm not gonna be one of your...eh...your research projects again."he says but looses his train of thoughts from how good the healing feels.

"Bolin, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.I didn't mean to let things get so out of hand.And Sophie I'm sorry too for breaking the promise.It's just it happened in the moment and I never wanted to hurt anyone."she says looking at the both of us.

"Ah, I'll be all right."he says.

"And if Bolin's gonna be alright.I'll be too and besides I understand what you mean."I say and smile at her.

"But we had fun together, didn't we?"Bolin asks Korra.
He must be talking about their outing yesterday.

"I had a great time, honestly.You are one of a kind, Bolin."she says.

"Please, go on.I enjoy praise."he says, making me smack him on the back of his head.

Suddenly the commentator announces that the wolf-bats have Won.

"What?How is it over already?"Korra says running to the edge of the balcony.

We see the loosing team being carried of by the paramedics and look at each other.

Tomorrow is gonna be interesting.

What Mako and Bolin were talking about on their way back to the balcony:

"We'll get through this mess."Mako says crossing his arms.

"I'm sorry"he carries on turning to Bolin.

"Me, too."Bolin says looking back at Mako.

"Girls.Seriously.You'd think having a sister would help you understand them."Bolin says looking at Sophie who was standing at the edge of the balcony.

"Yeah, exactly."Mako agrees and also looks at her.

They both see her look in their direction.

"But if anyone ever hurts her we end them."Mako carries on, nodding

"Agreed"Bolin says and nods.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 74 24
Bolin x O.C. Slow-Burn* Sakari has been living in Republic city for the last 10 years. Ever since she got to Republic city her biggest dream is to b...
866K 23K 78
***CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING*** Broken, filled with loss, pain, and anger of her people's death... she could only hope she had died with them. An Air B...
42.5K 1.2K 25
______________________________ ______________________ Book 1; Y/n daughter of Commander Bumi and M/n a fragile noble from the fire nation who died wh...
381K 11.6K 63
A READER X IROH II FAN FIC I wrote this for myself but you can read it, too, if you'd like. Y/N is a water bender living in a Fire Nation village ge...