Forced Marriage to the Mafia...

By ShaanaG

Marriage is one of the most important parts of life. For a girl, it is a dream to get married to a perfect pr... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 16

116 5 0
By ShaanaG

"Mikhail," I called his name as I touched his forehead. It was burning. I almost yelped as his eyes snapped open as he caught hold of my wrist. "Hey Mikhail," I called out to him again, his face relaxed. "It's just you..." he muttered as he loosened his grip.

He then slowly raised his hand and placed it on my cheek. I blinked in surprise. "I'm glad you're fine." He smiled at me and my heart skipped a beat. I didn't know how to respond... his eyes looked so... "Mmm... thank you..." I muttered, "But I don't think you're fine, you seem to have a fever." I told him. 

"I see." He hummed as he closed his eyes.

"Mikhail?" I called out his name, but he was unconscious. 

I dashed to Yulia's room and banged on the door, "Yulia? Yulia!" 

"Hey, what's wrong?" She opened the door yawning, rubbing her eyes. She looked at me. 

"It's Mikhail, he's down with a fever. Can you get me a thermometer? Also, please call the doctor for me, also can someone bring me a bowl of water, a large bowl please?" I told her before running back to his room. 

I looked around for a towel or any cloth, but there wasn't any. Where's the closet? I searched his room and found a door, opening the door I walked into his closet, perfect, I nodded as I grabbed a hand towel, this will do, I nodded, my eyes then stopped on the bathroom which was further inside connected to the closet. I went to the washbasin and thoroughly soaked the towel and wrenched it and rushed back to his side and wiped the sweat off his face. I hesitated a little but started to unbutton his shirt, wiping his chest, I turned him back only to check on his wound, removing the tape I checked for any bleeding but it was clean, thank goodness, I heaved a sigh of relief, at least it's not infected. I need some tape to patch him up again. 

I looked up and realized no one was there yet, what the hell have been doing? I went across the room and before I could yell Yulia's name she was there, "What took you so long? Come on in," I told her but she hesitated.

"What?" I asked looking at her troubled face, behind her I saw a housemaid standing with a bowl of water in her hands. The doctor with other guards was also standing behind her.

"What are you standing there for? Come on in," I urged them.

"We're not allowed," Yulia said in a low voice.

"What?" I couldn't believe my ears. Wait, she did tell me no one was allowed inside his room except for himself, I realized I was already in, and I scratched my head, "He's sick so some on in," I told her. 

"It'll cost us our life," One of the guards spoke.

"Right now, it's costing him his," I rolled my eyes at him, but they refused to enter, "okay, fine... Doctor, he can come in right?" I looked at the doctor but he refused to take even a step forward. 

"You must be kidding me," I was baffled, "He could be dying right now!" I yelled at them. 

"Rules are rules." The other guard spoke up.

"Seriously?" I glared at him, he cast his eyes down. "Okay, fine, just give me it." I took the first aid box from Yulia's hand and tossed it onto his bed and came back for the bowl of water. "Thank you, but stay right here, in case I need you," I told them and went inside. 

I first patched up his wound and checked the temperature, hmm, I nodded, he needs a fever reducer, I looked up for the medicine and looked at the man lying in front of me, I looked at the door and shook my head, "damn you all!" I cursed them as I struggled to make him sit, "So heavy," I fell on his chest. "Damn you!" I looked up and glared at him. 

After a few moments of struggle, I finally managed to pull him up, he was now leaning on the stacks of pillows I placed behind him, "Mikhail," I called him, his forehead wrinkled, "Can you take your medicine?" I asked. 

He didn't reply. 

"Mikhail? Can you hear me?" I called out again.

He barely opened his eyes. 

"Here," I poked his cheeks to make him open his mouth and tossed the medicine inside his mouth. I grabbed the glass of water and fed it to him. "Good boy," I patted his head after he gulped it down. 

After another few moments of struggle, I laid him on his back and continued to give him a sponge bath to reduce his temperature. 

**** 

I almost dozed off but snapped back in as my head began to fall backward, I looked at the time, it was almost morning. I checked his temperature again, thankfully, the fever was gone. He had a few spikes of fever throughout the night but not bad enough to take him to the hospital, I bet the doctor downstairs must be thanking the heavens.  I had asked Yulia to get a room for the doctor in case we needed him.

"I'm so sleepy," I rubbed my eyes as I eyed the space beside him, "No," I shook my head, "Wake up, Am, you can do it," I told myself. But I wasn't even sure when he'd wake up and no one dared to exchange in my place. "Just a little bit," I sat on the bed, "I'll just lean here," I muttered as I leaned back and closed my eyes. 

****

"No... please... what... where... please..." 

"Hmm?" I opened my left eye and rubbing my right eye, I forced my eyes open. I was taken aback by the handsome face right in front of mine. 

When did I fall asleep? I blinked as I looked around. 

"This..." He muttered again, his face twisted in pain. 

I raised my hand and patted his head, "Shh, it's fine, you're home," I whispered, and his muttering stopped.

He was like this at night too, seems like the demon's got his demons chasing him around too. I rubbed the area middle of his forehead lightly, releasing his frown, his face now relaxed. 

I took a proper look at this man, slightly brushing his silver hair, my hands moved to the scar at the side of his forehead, and they then traced his long and sharp nose, he looked so defenseless, just like a normal human being, I chuckled. 

Suddenly his eyes opened, and my violet eyes met his blue ones. My breath caught in my chest. 

He blinked at me, then his eyes moved around as if scanning the background, and then his lips moved, "This is my room." 

I immediately pulled my hand back, "yes, yes it is," I responded. 

He narrowed his eyes at me, his eyes then stopped at his arms around me, he immediately pulled them back, releasing me. 

"thank you," I said as I got up and looked around, "oh, you had a fever last night, if you remember?" I asked looking anywhere but at him. 

I stole a glance at him, he was frowning, "okay... so you don't..." I let out a nervous laugh, "long things short, you had a high fever last night and I had to take care of you." I told him. 

His eyes widened in shock as he noticed his clothes, "I changed them," I told him, his head shot up, "I had my eyes closed." I clarified, "And don't you dare give me that look, you had me in such trouble, no one agreed to come here to help me so I had no choice okay?" I glared at him. 

"Even the doctor refused to come inside. Say what's so precious inside that you won't let anyone in?" I asked.

"And yet you dared to enter." He glared at me.

"If it wasn't for me, you'd be a dead man by now. Oh, my bad, I should've just let you be, at least there wouldn't be a man to glare at me for helping him." I mocked him, "Anyway, I'm so tired, now that you're up, I'm going to get some sleep, and I'd suggest you not leave this room for at least today, I don't want you to get sick again, I can't stay up two nights in a row, okay?" I glared back at him. 

"And please, at least let Yulia in, to bring you your breakfast and all, actually I don't understand, just let someone in, I've already checked the room and there's nothing to hide anyway," I said.

His glare intensified. 

"Okay, I was kidding but I did go through those drawers, ran through your closet, and brought some water from the bathroom, that's all." I clarified.

"Okay then, good morning to you and good night to me," I faked a laugh and ran out of there. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 548 27
When you love someone with all your heart, you're willing to give up anything for them. To give them anything and everything to please them and make...
1.3K 95 17
SORRY I WON'T DO THAT AGAIN. ! A someone who was bearing all this shit screamed so hard and heard own acho in woods. ??:- I was forced to marry you...
To Love Someone By Blondie

Historical Fiction

5.6K 677 37
A forced marriage between two unwilling participants. April had no wish to get married to a foreigner, much less a pagan. But as time passed, she saw...
270K 9.4K 29
Camilla is just a beautiful black woman trying to survive her family and just life in general. But what happens when she meets Adonis the toughest ma...