The Greatest (TLOK)

By JaneMayLily

Everyone dreams of being the greatest at something. May it be the greatest bender, the greatest warrior or ev... More

Important stuff (I swear)
~Playlist~
OC and extra info
Face Claim
OC Clothing ideas book 1
1) The Avatar (Book 1)
3) The get together
4) If I was a rich girl
5) Brothers
6) Skyfall
7) Kai
8) Stirring the tea
9) The sacrifice
10) Attack
11) Auto Pilot
12) A last good bye
End of Book 1
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 2
13) Oh my spirits (book 2)
14) A mechanic or a sorcerer
15) Tension is in the air...
16)...everywhere I look around
17) The big bang
18) Lights, Camera, Action
19) Smooth criminal
20) A prison and A premier
21) Bright and deadly
22) Bad Sophie
23) A giant women
End of book 2
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 3
24) A Sneeze and a blast (book 3)
25) Kai 2.0
26) We are family
27) Treason
28) Kuvira
29) I'm glad
30) Life saver
31) Wait and see
32) Prison Blues
33) Always
34) Almost dying=Motivation
35) The first kill
End of book 3
OC and extra info (updated)
OC clothing ideas book 4
36) See you again (book 4)
37) Stabbing the tension
38) Pulling a 'Kuvira'
39) Unpleasant Pleasantries
40) Fever dreams
41) Put a ring on it
42) Coward

2) I told you so

652 18 2
By JaneMayLily

Sophie POV

I push myself out from under the car and sit up.

Man it was hot in here.

I set me screwdriver on the floor and wipe the sweat off my forehead.

I really feel like a nice cool glass of water right now.

"So does it work?"Kai asks from besides me.

I set my screw driver down and wipe my hands on my tank top.

"I changed a few of the cables and I had to replace a part but everything else seemed fine.I also checked the motor but that was good too."I explain and stand up from the rolling board I had been using.

"Okay let me try it."Kai says.

Kai walks around and turns the engine on and guess what, it worked.

All those men that looked at me funny earlier can suck it.

"And she does it again."Kai says as he gets out of the car.

"So now that I figured it out, make sure that the others are informed about what the problem is."I say and tighten my pony tail.

I freshen up in the bathroom and change into my outfit for tonight which was way different from the tank top and overalls I was just wearing.

I walk out of the bathroom and into my office where Kai was already waiting for me.

"You got plans tonight hotshot or why you so dressed up?"he asks.

"Not that it is any of your business but no I'm only watching my brothers pro-bending match tonight."I reply, opening my folder to the sketch's of the new motor.

Kai rolls his eyes and crosses his arms.He's always been a bit touchy on any bending topic.He lost his older brother to a gang of benders a few years back and has hated them all since.

While I had also lost people to bending, I never hated all of them.It wasn't the bending that took my parents but the person that bended.There's a difference.

But hey everyone for themself.

We talk about how we are gonna approach this development,the time period and everything we're going to need.

We both write our individual notes and after about 2 hours we finish our meeting.

I look at my clock and see that the match is gonna start soon.

"Shoot I have to get going but we can talk more about project aircraft tomorrow.I have a few good ideas that we can add to make it even better."I say and quickly collect my stuff.

"Yeah sure,I also have to leave now anyways.My grandma wants me home for dinner."he says,collects his stuff and walks out the office to grab his coat.

When I lock my door he is waiting for me and we walk out of the facility together.

"If you are walking alone,I can walk with you.It's not safe at night."he says looking into the street that was becoming darker by the minute.

"No it's fine I brought my bike today anyway.I'll be quicker."I say and unlock my bike.

"Fine but be safe."he says as I jump onto my bike.

"I'm always safe,Kai."I say and start cycling.

"Bye hotshot."he shouts.

"Don't call me that, asshat."I shout back.

After about 20 minutes I arrive at the arena and it is almost completely dark now.

I sprint to the changing rooms and open the doors.

"Sophie! You made it! I was worried you were gonna ditch us for a project."Bolin says as I walk in.

"Me ditching you?Never.Where's Mako?"I ask

"He's arguing with Tahno again."he says, letting out a sigh.

I groan in response.

He's always in such a bad mood when he fights with Tahno.

I don't like Tahno.We've talked like 3 times and it was the most boring conversation I've ever had.

"Phie can you help me tighten my uniform please?"Bolin asks turning his back towards me.

Once I'm done, Bolin decides to look for Mako as it was getting closer to their match.

I wait for them but get bored really quickly and decide to get me some fire flakes from one of the stalls.

Afterwards I walk back to the balcony.

I Push the door open and see that everyone was here even a random girl in water tribe clothes.

I always liked when bolin brought fan girls onto the balcony as most were really sweet and excited to be here but Mako hated it and always gives me a lecture about stranger danger afterwards.

"Get her out of here before Sophie comes back."I Mako says when I walk in.

"I think she should stay."I say walking towards them.

Mako grabs my shoulders pulling me closer.

"No she's going.What did I tell you about stranger danger and that it doesn't matter what gender they are.They are all dangerous."he says and turns to the cupboard putting his gloves on.

"Aw, come on, Mako.All right, look, I kind of promised her she could stay.But, man, I got a good feeling.There's something special about her.I know it."Bolin argues.

"And I promise not to take any candy from her if she stay's."I say in a mocking tone.

Mako rolls his eyes and turns back to the cupboard.

I can hear Bolin bringing her closer and when he does I'm in shock.

It's the flippen Avatar.He introduces us and just as I'm about to start squealing out of joy, Mako decides to be a ass and ignores her attempt to a conversation.

I break out of my trance quickly giving my brothers a hug before they go on stage and turn to the avatar.

"OMW I can't believe I'm standing in the same room as THE avatar.I'm a huge fan."I say with a smile.

We walk closer to the edge of the balcony and look at the arena where the match is about to take place.

"Oh it's you.The girl from the fight.Thank you for trying to help me but as you see, I had it all under control.My name is Korra"she replies trying to be cool.

"My name is Sophie but Yeah the way you ran away from the police was like super cool and the polar dog you had with you was the cutest thing I have ever seen"

"Yeah that was cool right?and the polar dig is called Naga,maybe you can meet her one day."she says smiling at me.

"I would love too."I reply focusing on my brothers again.

The teamwork itself wasn't the greatest but Mako played absolutely amazing.

Immediately after the match they come back to the balcony and I decide to walk towards Mako to escape Bolin's attempt to flirt with the Avatar.

Mako was arguing with Tahno again which caused Tahno to storm out and slams the door.

Idiot.

I give Mako a hug and congratulate him.He hugs me back but still glares at the door Tahno just walked out.

"Useless" he mutters under his breath

"You guys were incredible out there.Especially you, Mr Hat Trick."Korra says to Mako.

Mako wraps his arm around my shoulder forcing me to walk away with him.

"Oh, you're still here?"Mako asks making me jab him in the ribs.

"Oh, you're still a jerk?"Korra retorts.

Me and Bolin oooh in reply.

Bolin and Korra carry on talking while Mako drags me to the other side of the room.

"You know that I kinda have to talk with random people like everyday, it's like part of my job"I say as Mako opens the cupboard almost hitting me in the face with it.

"Don't get me started on that, Soph.You know I don't like it."he says with a sigh.

Mako didn't really like the fact that I had a job but he knew that it was a dream come true to me and while the money I made wasn't the most it still helped pay the bills a bit.

I can hear Bolin offers to show Korra a few pro-bending tricks but Mako interrupts.

"Right now?Come on, Bolin."Mako groans.

Bolin ignore him and tells Korra that he doesn't know how he can transfer his earth bending techniques to water bending.

She start telling him how she's also a earth bender and a fire bender and that's gets me smirking.

Bolin is confused but Mako figures it out.

"You're the Avatar, and I'm an idiot."Mako says.

"And I was right."I say looking at Mako, smugly.

He gives me the shut up look but I keep on grinning.

"All of those are true."she says

Mako turns to Korra and Bolin but doesn't say anything.And I just keep smirking.

After they get changed we go to the gym to train even through it's late.

Well my brothers and the avatar are training.I ran upstairs changed into something comfortable, grabbed a blanket and a note book and made myself comfortable on the ladder steps that is in the middle of the gym.

Bolin was teaching Korra while Mako was leaning against the stairs next to me looking all grouchy.

She learns quickly and I applaud because why not and Mako gives a not bad which is a pretty good in Mako language.

"What's it take to impress this guy?"Korra asks.

"What? I said, " not bad" .You know what,it's getting late.I think I'm gonna go turn in.You kids have fun.Nice to meet you, avatar Korra."Mako says and looks at me.

"Yeah, been a real pleasure."Korra replies to Mako.

"Sophie let's go."Mako says and grabbing my blanket.

"But I don't want to go.I want to stay with Bolin and Korra."I say not moving from my spot.

"No, come on, it's late and you have a early morning tomorrow."Mako argues.

"Ugh you're right fine.Bye Korra.I'm so happy that I got to meet you."I say and take Mako's hand to help me off the steps.

"Lovely meeting you too, Sophie."she say and waves goodbye.

"Good night Bolin."I say and give him a hug.

"Good night, Phie"he says and gives me a big hug.

I walk out of the gym and Mako carries my stuff to the attic.

If he makes me leave, he can carry my stuff too.

We open the door and I immediately jump into bed as I was done with all my stuff already.

"Good night, Sophie"Mako says kissing my forehead.

"Good night, Mako."I say already falling asleep.

The next day

I am sitting in between Bolin pouting about life and how unfair it is.

I hear the door open and Korra speak up,"I didn't miss your match, did I?You guys look like you lost already."She asks.

"We might as well have."Bolin says and I put my head on his shoulder.

"Hasook's a no-good no-show."Mako exclaims.

"You got two minutes to come out ready to play, or you're disqualified."a mangers walks in  and says.

I wish I could help somehow but I won't become a water bender any time soon.

That makes me remember that we literally have the avatar standing in front of us.

"Well, there goes our shot at the tournament and the winnings."Bolin says.

I try to speak but I'm interrupted by Korra.

"Can't you ask one of those guys to fill in."Korra suggest.

"Nah, the rules say you can only compete on one team."Bolin replies

I jump up from where I was sitting and grab Korra arm."Why doesn't Korra play? She can water bend and look at these muscles they're ready to kick ass."I say pulling her arm,
"She might be the Avatar but if she only water bends it's totally legal.Trust me I read the rule book twice "I say smiling at my brothers.

"That is a great idea and sophie is right, I'm a top-notch waterbender if I say so myself."she says and crosses her arms.

"Watch your Language Sophie and no way I'd rather forfeit than look like a fool out there."Mako says in all his, the cup isn't half full, it's totally empty attitude.

"Wow thanks for the vote of confidence."Korra says looking at Mako.

"Times up are you in or out?"the manager asks opening the door.

"We're in."I say and run to grab Hashook's uniform.It's probably to big for her but eh, it'll do.

"We are"Mako glares at me.

"Yes"Bolin shouts

"Hey I didn't agree to this!"Mako says, pointing his finger at me.

"You can thank me later."Korra replies.

Korra runs after me and I help her get dressed.

Once she is finished I try to give her a pep talk.

"Remeber what Bolin taught you and try to go with the flow.Just don't fail and remember whatever happens I believe in you."

"Uh thanks."she says and tightens her helmet.

I walk her to my brothers and punch them both in the arms."Don't blow it idiots, and remember that I will be up there, judging you."

They both roll their eyes and mutter a thanks.

They walk into the arena and let just say they have a pretty rough start.

The fact that Korra knows almost nothing about pro-bending really didn't help.

I even cover my eyes at one point because I couldn't watch it any more.

Korra is shot into the water but when she comes back she fights like a whole other person.

At first the opposite team targets her and pushes her to the edge of the ring but then as if  switch flips inside of her she doges all the hits and smoothly fights her way back to the front.

This gives Bolin and Mako the opportunity to fight back.

They absolutely destroy the opposite team and win the match.

I cheer as loud as I can and jump out of joy.

Mako and Korra talk in the ring while Bolin waves to the audience.He also waves to me and does a heart with his fingers which I return.

I have a feeling Korra isn't going to leave us anytime soon and I can't wait for the time I'm going to spend with the Avatar, herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 837 54
The Noble house of Yang has been the fire Lords strong right arm for as long as anyone can remember. A house of warriors who's only purpose in life i...
623K 25.3K 60
An Avatar: The Last Airbender Fanfiction (Zuko X OC) "And lastly, we are free, but we are not our own persons." At this, the student frowned and...
27.3K 764 19
Dear Lin, I do hope that this letter finds you well. Audrey has just turned 18 and - well I was hoping she'd at least get to meet you- I guess one ca...
206K 8.5K 106
Years before the Siege of Ba Sing Se, General Iroh discovers a young girl among the remains of a decimated Water Tribe village. Raised in the heart o...