The Boarding school (Klars)

By pooptallica99

When 17 year old Kirk Hammett gets sent to boarding school by his parents, he expects just a random school... More

☆ Authors Note ☆
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Authors note <3
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Epilogue

Chapter 7

557 16 60
By pooptallica99

The next day, me and Lars awoke. We did our usual routine and headed out to breakfast.

"You okay now? Y'know, the nightmare and such." Lars asked as we grabbed our food and walked to our usual table.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied. But I still don't feel fine. That nightmare seemed so...real. It's hard to tell now if the others are being genuine or fake. But I shrug it off. The last thing on my mind right now is a stupid nightmare I had that makes me overthink.

"Hey everyone!" James said, smiling. 

Me and Lars sat down, greeting the other two.

"So, since today we all have free time I'll show you three where I think we could escape from. It'll need some work though. We could start today." James said.

"Gotcha." Jason replied as he smirked.

I squint my eyes and look and James and Jason as they're both obviously blushing and giggling as they look at each other. I then roll my eyes. 

"Those lovebirds better get a room." I muttered to Lars as I cut my pancakes.

Lars covered his hand as he stifled a laugh. "Yeah."

But why am I being annoyed with James and Jason? They probably see how I act around Lars. And maybe how he acts around me?

Which leads me to my next thought, does Lars even like me back? Considering the nightmare from last night, I wouldn't think so. But Lars always acts really sweet around me. And I've noticed he blushes sometimes.

As I'm overthinking and trying to analyze every single interaction Lars and I had, I was snapped back to reality as everyone at the table was shouting my name, trying to get back my attention,

"Uh hello?! Earth to Kirk?!" Lars exclaimed as waved his hand infront of my face.

"Oh yeah? Sorry." I said as I looked up.

"What I was saying was that I know a guy who would most likely be willing to let us stay with him after we escape. His name is Cliff." James stated.

"Alright." I replied

The table is quite silent afterwords, with the casual conversation between Lars and I. I guess it's because it's quite nerve-wrecking that we're actually going to escape this place.

The bell then rings and we throw away our garbage. We then head outside for our free time. Apparently once a week, kids actually get to go outside and do what they want. They're just heavily monitored, of course. 

"C'mon guys I'll show you what I was talking about." James said as he motioned for us to follow him. We passed by multiple staff members before one chimed in, a look of boredom on his face.

"Where are you four headed?" He asked.

"Just the garden, sir." Mumbled Jason.

The staff member narrowed his eyes at the four of us before pointing at me. "You're the new kid, right?" 

I swallowed hard. "Yeah."

He squints his eyes at me before rolling them. "Whatever, go along now. Just don't think of escaping." He seethed as he laughed sarcastically.

Lars, James, Jason, And I walked away before looking at each other. 

"What was that for?" Jason murmured.

"I don't know." I replied, shrugging. 

"Yeah I don't either, just don't worry about it. You all know how the staff members like to be in our business all the time." Reassured James as we kept walking.

Once we reached the garden James gave a sigh of relief. "Alright, here we are! Grab a shovel, now." 

We all grabbed shovels and waited for our next instruction. James then pointed at a fence that was slightly above ground. "You see that fence over there? We need to make that opening  bigger so we can get out of here." 

"Alright." Lars replied as we all walked over to the fence. We then started to dig, and dig, and dig.

After about an hour. I sat down on the bench and sighed. "Can't we just jump the fence?" 

Lars sat down next to me and wiped the sweat off his forehead. "Yeah, but do you see how tall the fence is? It's almost like a wall."

I looked up. And he's quite right, it is tall. But I laughed before punching him, teasingly. "Maybe it's because your just short." 

Lars rolls his eyes playfully. "Fuck you, dude."

Jason laughed before sitting down with us. "Yeah, but nobody can jump the fence. Not even James...who's like a giant."

James leaned against the fence and smiled. "Even if we could, it might be better to crawl under. Especially at night because of all the cameras and shit."

The bell the rings and we all leave the garden, as we dust off our uniforms. But I pause before pointing at the hole. "What if someone sees it?"

"Nobody ever comes back here. Now c'mon before someone really does." Lars said as we walked away.

"Let's return back here tonight so we can get more digging done." Jason whispered as we walked back inside.

We all agreed and headed to our jobs. 

                              ************************************ 

Over the past few months, the guys and I have gotten very close. From talking about what we want to do when we escape, to talking about music, to just about anything, our conversations are never dull. And every day we get closer and closer to being done with our escape route. But Lars and I are the closest. I've even opened up to him about my personal issues. And he does the same. We have a mutual understanding of each other. We comfort each other. 

I love him. Does he love me too? My mind traces back to that nightmare I had a few months ago. The one I can't get my mind off of. 

"You think I'm a fag?" Sneers nightmare Lars. That saying replays over and over in my head It's like a record. Except it never ends. 

I shake my head, my dark curls falling in my face. "That's not real." I mutter.

The bell ring and we all got up to throw away our trash, and I noticed James and Lars were talking to each other. A pang of jealousy hit me. But I brush it off because it just seems like normal friendship talk. I'm not that possessive. Besides, I know for a fact James likes Jason.

I've seen the way they look at each other while we dig our only way of escaping. It's quite cute!

My thoughts are interrupted when Jason stands next to me and smiles. "So. Lars, huh?"

I look at him and roll my eyes playfully. "No.." 

Jason smirks. "Oh c'mon dude! I know you like him. Even James thinks so."

I sigh then turn to face Jason. "Fine, I do like him. But don't tell anybody. Got it?" 

Jason claps his hands. "Aha! I knew it! And don't worry, I'll keep it a secret." Jason pauses for a second, looking at James and Lars. "By the way, I think Lars is looking at you."

I looked up reluctantly, and holy shit. Lars is! He's blushing and gives me a quick smile before turning his attention back to James as he whisper yells something to him. Jeez this is starting to feel like a high school romance. 

Are James and Jason trying to set me and Lars up? I have to admit, that's quite a nice thing to do for a best friend. But I still want to tease Jason, so I smirk and turn to face him.

"So James, huh?" I ask, mocking Jason's tone he used on me.

Jason rolls his eyes before flipping me off as the work bell rings. 

The guys and I are so close to escaping, I don't feel the need to worry anymore. Maybe now I can throw my worries away and try and win Lars over.

                              ************************************ 

While we were working, Lars seemed very quiet. Normally he's talking my ear off. But today today he isn't. Maybe it's because he apparently 'likes' me and he's just nervous.

Or maybe this is just a bullshit theory and he's just...unusually quiet? But whatever, I still want to try and win him over.

I smirked. "Getting nervous around me, huh?"

He flushed pink. "No.."

"Whatever you say."

"Fine maybe I am getting a little nervous around you. You are kinda cute not gonna lie." Lars says matter-of-factly.

I blush. "Really? I think you're cute too."

"As..friends." Lars said as he laughed nervously.

I frown, but still give him a small and awfully sad smile. "Yeah, for sure! Friends...we're only friends."

"Right." He mumbles.

We work there in quiet, awkward silence. Luckily that silence is interrupted because a staff member walks in.

"Mr. Wheeler wants you in his office."

I drop the potato I was peeling and Lars turns off the stove before heading out. We don't say anything to each other as we walk to Mr. Wheelers office, just exchange nervous glances.

When we get to Mr. Wheeler's office, I notice James and Jason are there too.

"Do you think they found out that we're gonna escape?" I whispered. But before anyone could answer, the devil himself walked in.

"Hey kids. You're in serious trouble." Mr. Wheeler sneered.

The four of us all look at each other wide-eyed. James clears his throat. "What did we do?"

Mr. Wheeler looks at all of us with disgust. "You know what you all want to do."

"No..we don't." I stammer, shaking my head.

"We'll since you all are so fucking stupid, I guess I'll tell you." He said as he locked eyes with me. He then cleared his throat and pointed and each of us. "I heard from word of mouth that you guys want to escape. Is that true?"

The guys and I all look at each other, a look of nervousness on all our faces. I furrow my eyebrows. Should we tell the truth? It might be best because we all know what Mr. Wheeler is capable of.

"No sir. It's just a rumor." Jason whispered.

"No. I fucking know you all are lying!" Mr. Wheeler exclaimed as he banged his hand on his desk. "You all know how much I hate liars. So either you tell me the truth or all of you will be punished severely."

I froze. All of us will be punished? No, I can't let that happen to my friends and the guy I have a fat crush on. So I'll take initiave.

"Who started the escaping idea anyways?" Mr. Wheeler asked.

I raised my hand. "It was me."

The guys all looked at me with worry. Lars mouthed to not do this to myself.

But I didn't listen. "I started it. I told the other guys we should escape and they agreed...at the moment. They don't want to escape anymore and I don't either. We stopped planning that awhile ago." I explained.

Mr. Wheeler nodded his head. "Alright, Hammett. You'll be getting isolation for a week. The rest of you are dismissed."

The guys mouthed their thank you's as they left. And before Lars left, he gave me a hug and whispered in my ear. "We'll come back for you. I promise." I nodded my head and hugged him back.

"Leave him, Lars. Fucking leave." Mr. Wheeler said as he pushed Lars out of the office and slammed the door.

"Hammett, you're going with me, motherfucker."

                              ************************************ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 76 28
» 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯? 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘯𝘢𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵. « « 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘭...
2.2K 76 12
It's 1984 and you decide to go to the movie theater with your friends on Friday the 13th. A horror movie fills the theater halls, and you can't wait...
49.5K 806 39
I'm a bored girl writing about Kirk Hammett (Update cover: 23.04.2023)
35.5K 774 31
It's the summer of '96 and Blake Woods just graduated high school. The socially awkward, shy girl and wannabe 70s chick, with an obsession for classi...